Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Sound distortion while using serato with denon mcx8000

Scoob91 3:10 AM - 27 September, 2016
This has been a ongoing issue. After 10-20 min sound distorts so bad the speakers and headphones hearing it is brutal. All serato and firmware is up to date. CPU usage is around 50 percent which seems high. Do plug a 3tb external thunderbolt into my MacBook Air while using. Played with latency and no real fix there. This seems like an ongoing issue for many people I have read about on here. Did optimize my Mac and that really did nothing also. MacBook has the necessary processor and ramm required for the product. Denon tech had really no clue or help on the subject. Anyone help.
Chino 11:50 PM - 28 September, 2016
Try starting the USB audio latency at 5ms then bump it up to 10ms if needed. Keep your Max Screen Refresh rate at 20ms Max. If that doesn't help with the distortion then you may have a conflicting drivers issue. Go to your MIDI audio setup and remove/delete all your MIDI devices. Power cycle your hardware & computer. Start SDJ back up and test.

I had drivers for my Alesis Master Control that were conflicting with my SDJ drivers. I deleted them and that worked for me.
DJ Marlon Almonte - www.Marlonalmonte.com 7:35 PM - 22 February, 2017
Has Serato found a solution for this? I've tested the Denon MCX 8000 several times with latency set at 5s up to 20s and the sound will eventually distort. The first instances happens within 1 track. Then it can take 30 minutes to a couple of hours. I've updated the firmware on the unit and have tried disabling all unnecessary features of Serato DJ to help lower the USB buffer load. This unit is a solid piece of equipment with one fatal flaw. Is there a solution for this sound distortion?
Serato, Support
Aaron E 10:21 PM - 22 February, 2017
Hey Marlon

Have you tried setting the unit back to it's factory default setting as per the instructions here: serato.com

If that doesn't help, it would be best to open up a help request (by clicking through from the green button next to the comment box) so one of the team can work with you directly to see what might be going on.

Cheers, Aaron
v@l 3:36 PM - 13 December, 2017
Hi i just updated to Hi Sierra 10.13.2 from 10.13.1 ever since doing so i'm getting intermittent distortion i have a good feeling its the mc7000 because i don't have this issue with any of my other controllers all was fine in 10.13.1 any help appreciated...
DJ TooHypE 5:19 PM - 13 December, 2017
Quote:
Hi i just updated to Hi Sierra 10.13.2 from 10.13.1 ever since doing so i'm getting intermittent distortion i have a good feeling its the mc7000 because i don't have this issue with any of my other controllers all was fine in 10.13.1 any help appreciated...

I have Mac OS X High Sierra and I did that exact update (10.13.2) but then on my MacBook Pro (Mid-2012) and Serato DJ 1.9.10 , I normally have my Latency set to 5ms on my Denon DJ MC7000 I was having terrible yellow or red USB Buffer light on the top right and my audio was breaking up so bad that even switching my Latency higher barely fix the problem. So for sh*ts and giggles installed Serato DJ Pro (Beta) and I did not had that problem. But what I ended up doing is doing clean install of High Sierra 10.13.1 but not install that Update (10.13.2) I will wait until Apple addresses that supposeably 3rd Party USB Audio fix with next update or wait until Serato DJ Pro comes out.
v@l 7:13 PM - 13 December, 2017
Same laptop MacBook Pro (Mid 2012) where can i get a copy of High Sierra 10.13.1?
DJ TooHypE 9:12 PM - 13 December, 2017
Quote:
Same laptop MacBook Pro (Mid 2012) where can i get a copy of High Sierra 10.13.1?

osxdaily.com
deejayayup 9:26 PM - 13 December, 2017
Quote:
Has Serato found a solution for this? I've tested the Denon MCX 8000 several times with latency set at 5s up to 20s and the sound will eventually distort. The first instances happens within 1 track. Then it can take 30 minutes to a couple of hours. I've updated the firmware on the unit and have tried disabling all unnecessary features of Serato DJ to help lower the USB buffer load. This unit is a solid piece of equipment with one fatal flaw. Is there a solution for this sound distortion?

I remember this. Gradually increasing the latency until I could do it no more, then having to switch the Engine while I restarted - only for it to happen all over again. Then I got frozen screens so I couldn't even use Engine to save me.

I'm so glad this controller is out of my life.
eugguy 3:26 AM - 14 December, 2017
Glad I got rid of mine too. Get an SR2 or SZ2, call it a day.
v@l 12:22 PM - 14 December, 2017
Rolling back to High Sierra10.13.1 fixed the problem no more issues with distortion :)
DJ TooHypE 1:11 AM - 15 December, 2017
Quote:
Rolling back to High Sierra10.13.1 fixed the problem no more issues with distortion :)

That's good to know I'll test 10.13.3 or X, if Apple comes out but I know 10.13.2 works with Serato DJ Pro (Beta) with our Denon DJ MC7000
Gene Wilkin 6:25 PM - 6 October, 2018
I'm having this problem. I've updated Sierra and now get this same distortion. It's not good. what can I do to resolve?