DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

TTM-57SL w/ ScratchLive on MacOS Sierra "WORKS"

Da Magician 7:20 PM - 25 September, 2016
Just wanted to share with fellow deejays on here. I have been running Mavericks for the longest time on my MacBook Pro (15" Late 2011) because, I was afraid to lose the ability to use my Rane TTM-57SL Mixer and Scratch Live (I still don't like SeratoDJ lol). I did some research and read a couple other post on here and on the net. I cloned my harddrive for a backup and said screw it, lets try no MacOS Sierra.

I installed Sierra from the App Store. After install complete, i tried SSL and did not recognize by 57. So then proceeded to do a couple tricks I read.

1st: Applications Folder--> Went to Scratch Live App File--> Right Click & Select Show Package Contains--> Find & Delete "SeratoScratchDriver.kext"

2nd: Restart Mac--> While Mac is turning on, hold down the "Command key and R" together--> Click in Utilities menu and select Terminal--> Type the following command "csrutil disable" and press enter--> Close Terminal and Restart Mac--> Open Scratch Live, let crates load and plug in TTM-57SL mixer--> GOOD TO GO!!!

Serato Scratch Live SL Version 2.5.0 (25011) works fine for me on macOS Sierra Version 10.12

Hope this helps out any others that have this issue or are afraid to update OS.
DJINFAMOUSONE 5:02 AM - 14 October, 2016
this worked! going to try it out before my gig tomorrow night but i was able to execute it exactly and my serato popped up like normal!
djnak 8:38 AM - 14 October, 2016
this is a permanent fix?
DJ Irv 2:28 PM - 14 October, 2016
Quote:
this is a permanent fix?

No - I believe that from time to time csrutil might re-enable itself.
derbYstar 2:17 PM - 18 December, 2016
nice. first i thought it was a conspiracy between APPLE & the music industrie to get all software updated und new money for obliged updates. because all music-software was affected.

then i can update now my system.
Da Magician 7:42 PM - 26 May, 2017
UPDATE MAY 26, 2017.....

Just letting you all know Serato Scratch Live is still working on my MacBook pro with MacOS Sierra Version 10.12.1

Hope its still working for everyone else.
jprime 9:13 PM - 26 May, 2017
Still too scared to update OS. Looking into a new SDJ compatible mixer personally.
ikah love 8:07 AM - 27 May, 2017
MacBook Pro 2016 Touchbar 15"
OS Sierra 10.12.5
TTM 57 MK1

I just did the 2nd portion of the workaround as described by Da Magician (I have not been able to locate "SeratoScratchDriver.kext", presumably because this computer has never been used with a 57, and therefore does not have the corresponding drivers). I then downloaded Scratch Live 2.5.0. Scratch Live successfully installed. When not plugged into the 57, Scratch Live functions as it normally would in offline mode. When I plug it into the 57 the mixer is not recognized. Scratch Live remains in offline mode, but looses the ability to play or manipulate tracks. That is to say, while plugged into the 57, I can load tracks, but can't play them back... Pressing the spacebar does nothing, pressing the play/pause button does nothing, I can't scrub through the track in either the Track Overview or the Main Waveform Display.. In fact, while the Track Overview window does populate, nothing appears in the Main Waveform Display. Also of note, once I unplug the computer from the mixer, Scratch Live behaves exactly as it does while plugged in - zero ability to manipulate tracks. After closing Scratch Live and then relaunching it, all functions return to normal while in offline mode.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
dj mykdydda kenya 10:11 PM - 6 June, 2017
I am unable to find SeratoScratchDriver.kext, is the another way
CHMIELIX 11:04 AM - 16 June, 2017
I also can't find the SeratoScratchDriver.kext file... Any suggestions?
CHMIELIX 11:43 AM - 16 June, 2017
Ok I disabled csrutil, reinstalled SL and it works! You just have to turn SL on before plugging the mixer in.
djpryme209 7:47 AM - 5 July, 2017
Disabled the file and SSL works on my TTM 57 . Thanks Magician . July 4th 2017
dj R-EIGHT 4:24 AM - 20 July, 2017
Da magician: thanks for the info

I tried what he said and it WORKED! I know a lot of ppl can't find the SeratoScratchDriver.kext thing as he describe it, so here is another way to find that (this is the way I know how to get there). Go to macintosh-system-library-extensions-then scroll down till you see the SeratoScratchDriver.kext, then proceed with the same directions as Da Magician mention.. hope this help some

I'm running macOS Sierra 10.12 with ssl 2.5 version (7.19.2017)
djpryme209 3:25 PM - 20 July, 2017
This update will not allow me to use dicers. Just a quick update on that
Elevation Sound 5:57 PM - 29 July, 2017
Quote:
Da magician: thanks for the info

I tried what he said and it WORKED! I know a lot of ppl can't find the SeratoScratchDriver.kext thing as he describe it, so here is another way to find that (this is the way I know how to get there). Go to macintosh-system-library-extensions-then scroll down till you see the SeratoScratchDriver.kext, then proceed with the same directions as Da Magician mention.. hope this help some

I'm running macOS Sierra 10.12 with ssl 2.5 version (7.19.2017)

When I put the "SeratoScratchDriver.kext" do I empty it from the trash bin also?
djSIKNESS 4:00 PM - 11 August, 2017
Wattup yall! ive just updated my OS last night to the latest Sierra OS 10.12.6 Ive done everything as said and my macbook is not recognizing my 57SSL.. 😰 Anyone else have the latest OS update for sierra and is or isnt having any issues. PLEASE need help!
djSIKNESS 4:10 PM - 11 August, 2017
Quote:
MacBook Pro 2016 Touchbar 15"
OS Sierra 10.12.5
TTM 57 MK1

I just did the 2nd portion of the workaround as described by Da Magician (I have not been able to locate "SeratoScratchDriver.kext", presumably because this computer has never been used with a 57, and therefore does not have the corresponding drivers). I then downloaded Scratch Live 2.5.0. Scratch Live successfully installed. When not plugged into the 57, Scratch Live functions as it normally would in offline mode. When I plug it into the 57 the mixer is not recognized. Scratch Live remains in offline mode, but looses the ability to play or manipulate tracks. That is to say, while plugged into the 57, I can load tracks, but can't play them back... Pressing the spacebar does nothing, pressing the play/pause button does nothing, I can't scrub through the track in either the Track Overview or the Main Waveform Display.. In fact, while the Track Overview window does populate, nothing appears in the Main Waveform Display. Also of note, once I unplug the computer from the mixer, Scratch Live behaves exactly as it does while plugged in - zero ability to manipulate tracks. After closing Scratch Live and then relaunching it, all functions return to normal while in offline mode.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

IM HAVING THE SAME EXACT PROBLEMO RIGHT NOW! HAAAAALP
djSIKNESS 8:30 PM - 11 August, 2017
anyone having issues with 10.12.6??
itsdjxman 4:49 AM - 15 August, 2017
Im having the Same problem 08.12.17 I had a studio event that night I updated.. Then the next day I can access my decks using the ttsl57 mixer
itsdjxman 5:04 AM - 15 August, 2017
Quote:
anyone having issues with 10.12.6??

Yea
djSIKNESS 6:19 AM - 15 August, 2017
It works now! So what I did since nothing worked the first couple times of deleting the .kext file and disabling.. I decided to delete scratch live and serato dj applications. I restarted my mac, then re downloaded Scratch live, then I repeated the same exact process DaMagician did. SCRATCH LIVE is still ALIVE.
Maleman 5:17 AM - 17 August, 2017
I updated to Sierra as well and my 61 is flaking out (delay and music cutting in and out as if the needle is skipping.).. Serato support has given me instructions to check my computer and still not working. So now i reverted back to Scratch Live and my SP1 Controller is not recognized ... The 61 is down and back to my 57 and can't use the controller. BTW, Apple attempted to put my software back to YOSEMITE and the computer did not allow it... HMMMM
Figgz 4:46 PM - 4 September, 2017
Thanks for the help guys. Got ScratchLIve 2.5 to run on Mac OS Sierra 10.12.4
djace609 1:38 AM - 25 September, 2017
Ok I have the new MacBook Pro touchbar. can someone help me? I can't get it to work. I'm not seeing csrutil or .kext anywhere
djace609 2:21 AM - 25 September, 2017
ok I got the .kext part now I'm trying to disable "csrutil disable" but its not working
djace609 2:55 AM - 25 September, 2017
Got it Works Perfect. Make you remember to go back and download the program again. After that your good.
DjJauz 10:06 PM - 27 September, 2017
Dropping in to say that this worked for me aswell. However... Sometimes when i start live it does not recognize my mixer, after a restart of live it works like a charm, so no big issues there.

I tried to run both decks overnight first in int mode and then a couple of hours in rel mode, worked like a charm in full speed aswell..

I do have a concern though, I really want to update live to 2.6, but I'm afraid that it won't work if I update Live.. Has anyone tried to update Live with this fix??
Mr. Goodkat 5:45 PM - 28 September, 2017
2.6?
DjJauz 2:06 AM - 29 September, 2017
Lol, my bad.... What I meant was doing a firmware update in SSL from 3.03 to 3.20 using the TTM 57SL.. Better to stay on the safe side and don't touch anything?
DJ FUNCTIONIST 1:21 PM - 26 October, 2017
I tried the second part of the tutorial on 10.12.4. macbook pro 2016 and for now it works. thanks for the workaround!
but it needs to be clearly stated that my trust in Serato products has suffered!
it is not fair towards loyal customers (from day one) just discontinuing hardware support worth thousands of euros/dollars. honestly, i will prefer not buy any Serato product anymore if there are other options. who knows: the usd 2000 mixer might not "really work" 4 years from now.
had to say this.
thanks.
IamDJPreme34 9:16 AM - 23 November, 2017
Okay just downloaded macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 on macbook pro Mid 2012.
My TTM57sl is not working can someone please help me and walk me through this please. Big events coming.
DJGreatness 5:16 PM - 24 November, 2017
you cant use it with high sierra not sure why you was upgrade to it
DJGreatness 5:17 PM - 24 November, 2017
would**
Thomas79 10:28 AM - 26 November, 2017
Thank you so much!!!!!!!!
You are a genius!!
djmaxgh 6:20 PM - 27 November, 2017
Is there no help for OS High Sierra with ttm 57 sl? Serato.com need to help us here.
Priesttd 8:23 AM - 28 November, 2017
i've noticed the 57sl driver is missing for this download. does anybody have a link to retrieve it?
djeverett 9:59 PM - 28 November, 2017
Been using serato since 2009 never had issues always slow to upgrade. Have a mid 2012 10.12.5 Macbook pro i5 with Os Sierra SL1, Scratch Live on SL4 (at work), Scratch Live (SL1 and TTM 57 SL at home), Serato Dj on Pioneer DDj-Sr controller and everything worked fine until a few weeks ago.

Had to replace the HD in the Mid 2012 macbook pro, used time machine to reinstall and everything was put back into place, playlists and crates complete. But now only Serato scratch works with the SL1 and Serato Dj with the Pioneer DDJ SR work now. Also purchased a Mid 2012 i7 refurb and installed everything with time machine and only the DDJ SR and Sl1 work.

Is it time to just sell the 57, but how do I sell if it doesn't work with new OS? The blue light comes on so there's that. I'd like to get it ready for whomever might buy it with out having to find someone with the proper legacy hardware specs. Im keeping my SL1 box forever, thing is a tank and has never failed regardless OS or year Macbook. But to get my TTM57SL do I really have to:

1st: Applications Folder--> Went to Scratch Live App File--> Right Click & Select Show Package Contains--> Find & Delete "SeratoScratchDriver.kext"

2nd: Restart Mac--> While Mac is turning on, hold down the "Command key and R" together--> Click in Utilities menu and select Terminal--> Type the following command "csrutil disable" and press enter--> Close Terminal and Restart Mac--> Open Scratch Live, let crates load and plug in TTM-57SL mixer--> GOOD TO GO!!!

And to use the SL4 box available at my residencies do I have to buy a subscription to Serato DJ in addition to the version I recieved when I purchased the SSJ -SR again to make it work??

this seems a little ridiculous? Do I really have to reinstall an old OS to get everything to work again, will my crates and library be safe if I go back? Does it really have to be this complicated? HOw many products and interactions do I have to Serato to feel the love? Thank you guys in advance. Best Regards.
djeverett 10:02 PM - 28 November, 2017
Macbook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac Os sierra 10.12.5
MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012) MacOs Sierra 10.12.5
shotgundunne 6:58 PM - 18 December, 2017
I just got a new mac with Sierra 10.12.6 and I can't even install scratch live. The installation fails when it gets to about 90%.

Any work arounds for this?
Nets 5:01 AM - 20 January, 2018
Same here. I have Sierra 10.12.6 and tried to install Scratch Live 2.5 but no luck...
DJ WADE-WEST TORONTO 2:50 PM - 22 January, 2018
Hate to keep this discussion bumped and alive... but I've tried everything on this thread and still can't seem to get scratch live to work. 2.5. Also no 57sl drivers in the package. Can anyone assist? Really upset about this - should not have upgraded my OS but had to due to usage of another program. Any help or suggestions for additional workarounds would be amazing....
pdidy 6:08 PM - 22 January, 2018
Quote:
Hate to keep this discussion bumped and alive... but I've tried everything on this thread and still can't seem to get scratch live to work. 2.5. Also no 57sl drivers in the package. Can anyone assist? Really upset about this - should not have upgraded my OS but had to due to usage of another program. Any help or suggestions for additional workarounds would be amazing....

Im curious, what is this program that forced you to update and is more important than you being a dj ?
Nets 10:23 PM - 22 January, 2018
Ok, I have it working now. I couldn’t find the file to erase, so I did all the rest skipping that part and it worked fine.

Step 1: Install Serato Live 2.5 (I got a ‘installation failed’ message at the very end but the program seemed to be working fine, it just couldn’t recognise the hardware)
Step 2: Restart the computer on recovery mode (cmd+alt+R)
Step 3: After loading the recovery mode, open Terminal (it’s on the top bar menu)
Step 4: Type ‘csrutil disable’ and press return key
Step 5: restart computer and you’re good to go!

Hope it helps :)
deejayfatcat 10:40 PM - 22 January, 2018
@everett I have a similar set up. Earlier this year I put in a SSD as my main drive and used CCCloner to dupe the HDD. Everything worked as it did before. That said, Sierra, SSL, SL1 worked for me without any fixes.

Just thought I’d share. If you have the original drive and can clone it, maybe that will work
DJ WADE-WEST TORONTO 1:54 PM - 23 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Im curious, what is this program that forced you to update and is more important than you being a dj ?

it was a video editing program related to my work. djing is is just a hobby for me now. but yes, used to be a job
pdidy 4:13 PM - 23 January, 2018
Quote:
djing is is just a hobby for me now.

Say no more......That changes everything.
aksmall22 9:23 PM - 27 March, 2018
I tried the following steps for my TTM 57SL to no avail.

Step 1: Install Serato Live 2.5 (I got a ‘installation failed’ message at the very end but the program seemed to be working fine, but it didn’t recognize the hardware)
Step 2: Restarted the computer on recovery mode (cmd+alt+R)
Step 3: After loading the recovery mode, opened Terminal
Step 4: Typed ‘csrutil disable’ and pressed return key
Step 5: restarted computer and hardware still not recognized!

Is there anything else I can do short of buying another mixer? (Not really an option!!!)
pdidy 10:15 PM - 27 March, 2018
Quote:

Step 1: Install Serato Live 2.5 (I got a ‘installation failed’ message at the very end but the program seemed to be working fine, but it didn’t recognize the hardware)

Is there anything else I can do short of buying another mixer? (Not really an option!!!)

what year is your laptop?
Culprit 4:13 PM - 28 March, 2018
Quote:

keep csrutil disabled, uninstall serato scratch live, restart the computer, install it, test and report back here
aksmall22 5:43 PM - 28 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Late 2010 MacBook Pro.
aksmall22 5:43 PM - 28 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

keep csrutil disabled, uninstall serato scratch live, restart the computer, install it, test and report back here

Will do...
aksmall22 5:45 PM - 28 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Late 2010 MacBook Pro.

Actually it's a 2016 MacBook Air...
aksmall22 2:31 AM - 29 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Will do...

Finally got it working. I deleted scratch live and all components from the computer, redownloaded it, restarted the computer, turned on the mixer then started scratch live and voila it’s working.
pdidy 3:34 AM - 29 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Will do...

Finally got it working. I deleted scratch live and all components from the computer, redownloaded it, restarted the computer, turned on the mixer then started scratch live and voila it’s working.

Now make sure you memorize that because these hacks tend to suddenly break without warning at the worst times possible before an important gig and then you're soooo F*cked :)
djsky70 8:19 PM - 9 July, 2018
can't use the rane 57 with high sierra so what can i use it with
Culprit 10:49 PM - 9 July, 2018
Quote:
can't use the rane 57 with high sierra so what can i use it with

you can mail it to me i will give it a good home
Culprit 10:50 PM - 9 July, 2018
also i found out recently that you need to keep the mixer unplugged until you open the program, then plug it in. That is with the hack of course.
D.H1LL2nd4206 1:39 AM - 28 August, 2018
Fuck man... I don't know what to do... Hopefully there will be a fast response... I am running High Sierra 10.13.6 I have Scratch Live 2.5.0 (25011) installed and I have a TTM 57SL that is not recognized. Will my OS be able to read the 57sl ?? HELP
Culprit 4:41 AM - 28 August, 2018
Did you take time to read the thread?
Impede 11:43 AM - 29 August, 2018
Da Magician YOU ARE A LEGEND!
Thank you very much
GRiNDBoX 2:15 PM - 3 September, 2018
following this thread
Culprit 2:55 PM - 4 September, 2018
serato.com

People interested in that subject know that the workaround is to disable SIP (System Integrity Protection designed to protect your mac) but it creates a lack of security in your system. That's why I decided to disable only kext protection. All you have to do is enable SIP and allow installation of unsigned kernel extensions. Below is how to do that.

1. Boot mac from Recovery - restart mac and hold cmd+R until Apple logo appear
2. Run Utility - Terminal
3. Disable SIP by command "csrutil disable"
4. Restart mac - SL with 57 should work properly
5. Boot mac from Recovery again
6. Run Utility - Terminal
7. Enable SIP by command "csrutil enable --without kext"
8. Restart mac and run your SL with 57

This is actually a safer work around, thanks to Demen
Culprit 2:56 PM - 4 September, 2018
also make sure you connect your usb to your device as it has problems connecting when the software is open before connecting.
GRiNDBoX 3:09 AM - 6 September, 2018
Quote:
serato.com

People interested in that subject know that the workaround is to disable SIP (System Integrity Protection designed to protect your mac) but it creates a lack of security in your system. That's why I decided to disable only kext protection. All you have to do is enable SIP and allow installation of unsigned kernel extensions. Below is how to do that.

No luck on my side :(

macOS High Sierra

on my my 15' Macbook Pro 2018
GRiNDBoX 3:59 AM - 6 September, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

after trying all the methods before..tried the cstrutil disabled and didnt delete the serato kext..now its works..thanks culprit
Saff 4:33 PM - 28 October, 2018
Guys, i've had the same problems today with HighSierra, but there are a few things about location of kext file. In HighSierra file(dir) the path is: /System/Library/Extensions/SeratoScratchDriver.kext

This is my complete instruction:

1: Restart the computer in recovery mode: restart computer and hold(cmd+R)!!Because cmd+alt+R runs internet recovery, which doesn't have csrutil!!

2: Open terminal and type: csrutil disable

3: type: reboot(computer will reboot)

4: Install Serato Scratch

5: Restart computer in recovery mode (cmd+R)

5: In terminal type: rm -Rv /System/Library/Extensions/SeratoScratchDriver.kext

6: Type: reboot

7: Enjoy! )
JusParty 2:43 AM - 2 November, 2018
Quote:
Guys, i've had the same problems today with HighSierra, but there are a few things about location of kext file. In HighSierra file(dir) the path is: /System/Library/Extensions/SeratoScratchDriver.kext

This is my complete instruction:

1: Restart the computer in recovery mode: restart computer and hold(cmd+R)!!Because cmd+alt+R runs internet recovery, which doesn't have csrutil!!

2: Open terminal and type: csrutil disable

3: type: reboot(computer will reboot)

4: Install Serato Scratch

5: Restart computer in recovery mode (cmd+R)

5: In terminal type: rm -Rv /System/Library/Extensions/SeratoScratchDriver.kext

6: Type: reboot

7: Enjoy! )

i got to number 5 and it said that there was no file... what do I do now?
DeeJay J 5:53 PM - 11 December, 2018
Quote:
serato.com

Je confirme cela fonctionne sur Mac OS MOJAVE 10.14.2 avec SSL et TTM 57 SL Ă  l'instant.
A voir sur dans le futur si toujours ok ! Thanks Dudes good works !!
CoreDJJuice 7:46 AM - 20 December, 2018
What's up y'all, I don't know about High Sierra but I'm running Sierra 10.12.6 on a MacBookPro mid 2015 and my Scratch Live 2.5 works! (Thanks to Da Magician)

When I upgraded from Yosemite to Sierra my Scratch Live 2.5 stopped working. My TTM 57SL wouldn't read my laptop anymore. I followed the steps Da Magician laid out.
I did the 1st step and couldn't find "SeratoScratchDriver.kext" so I went straight for the 2nd Step (I Added it below) and it worked!

I did this today Wednesday December 19, 2018! Good Luck

Lephunk 3:22 PM - 4 March, 2019
just to add to this,
i upgraded my early 2011 macbook pro from yosemite to sierra, and followed the above process, and it didnt work on TTM 57.

BUT, i decided to do a clean install of Sierra, and along with the csrutil disable, AND IT WORKED.
this is a little annoying since i have to reinstall all my other apps, but ill take the result.

now imma do a clean install of High Sierra and see if that works.

ps, i didnt have to delete the Kext btw.
Lephunk 4:59 PM - 4 March, 2019
so i tested a clean install of High Sierra, and it definitely works!

heres a video.

youtu.be

p.s. it still worked after the security update.

so now imma start installing my other apps (photoshop etc.) one at a time to see if theres anything that will trigger it to not work again.

so for it to not work from just a simple Yosemite -> High Sierra update, there had to be some lingering files that prevented it from working.

a clean install seems to have done the trick.
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:18 PM - 5 March, 2019
Has anyone run into any issues with performance after performing the hack? Any unexpected crashes or errors?
Lephunk 11:26 PM - 7 March, 2019
i actually tried to repeat this process on my other macbook pro, but i might've missed a step cuz it didn't work...
from a clean install, the process i did was to install sierra first, do the hack, and then upgraded to high sierra and it worked...
on the newer macbook pro, i went straight to high sierra and it didn't work...
but i think on my secondary comp, i'll just revert back to yosemite and leave it as my serato laptop, as it works with both Scratch Live and DJ Pro...
i'll let y'all know if i end up changing my mind and try the process again on the other macbook pro
DJ dørbystarr 7:26 AM - 16 April, 2019
Im on MOJAVE. And I didn't works?
I don't found „SeratoScratchDriver.kext“. But I didn't use a "clean" installation of MacOS or ScratchLive. Is that important? Or could I just reinstall ScratchLive?
Culprit 3:57 PM - 16 April, 2019
Did you read the thread
Jonazzty 7:51 PM - 19 November, 2019
I just read the whole thread 3 times.. and afterwards i tried it, while the thread was open on my Phone... i couldn't get it to work.

I'm running 10.14.6 on a Retina Mid 2012 ... did every step (in recovery etc) and then installed Serato 2.4.4 .... but he keeps on saying that nothing is connected :( ... any suggestions?
Culprit 8:18 PM - 19 November, 2019
- Make sure to download the latest version of Serato Scratch Live
- Uninstall Scratch Live, Leave your Serato Folder Alone
- Reboot into Recovery mode and Enter Terminal
- Enter "csrutil enable --without kext"
- Reboot, Install Scratch Live 2.5
- Reboot, Connect USB Cable and Start Scratch Live

Report Back
Jonazzty 6:02 AM - 20 November, 2019
Quote:
- Make sure to download the latest version of Serato Scratch Live
- Reboot, Connect USB Cable and Start Scratch Live

Report Back

Followed every single step... still same issue. still on top left the message with the yellow triangle saying that i need to connect my hardware ... and yes my TTM57 is working, because when i plug it out of my mac, the blue LED goes off and vice versa...
Culprit 6:48 AM - 20 November, 2019
Do this step since I can't remember the steps.

- Restart the laptop
- open the program without the USB plugged in
- plug in the USB cable

Does it work? If not

- restart the laptop
- plug in the USB cable
- open the program

Does it work? If not

- Delete the Serato Kext Driver in the extensions folder
- Remove Serato Scratch Live, Don't Touch the Serato Database folder
- Repeat my steps above

What Operating System do you have?
Culprit 6:49 AM - 20 November, 2019
When I mean repeat my steps repeat my steps in regards to reinstalling the software
Jonazzty 7:18 PM - 20 November, 2019
Quote:
Do this step since I can't remember the steps.

- Restart the laptop
- open the program without the USB plugged in
- plug in the USB cable

Does it work? If not

- restart the laptop
- plug in the USB cable
- open the program

Does it work? If not

- Delete the Serato Kext Driver in the extensions folder
- Remove Serato Scratch Live, Don't Touch the Serato Database folder
- Repeat my steps above

What Operating System do you have?

unfortunatly still no joy ...tried all 3 methods you described... SL still asking to connect Rane Hardware...

I'm running Mac OS 10.14.6 on a Macbook Pro Retina Mid 2012.
DJ dørbystarr 9:44 AM - 27 November, 2019
our experience was: DON'T use latest SCRATCH LIVE 2.5, we try different versions of SL.
version 2.3.0 works fine with SL-57 on MACOS MOJAVE 10.14.5 (Macbook Pro Mid 2012) and 2.4.1. on WINDOWS. just try?
STRyk 4:45 PM - 27 November, 2019
ScratchLIVE v2.5.0.11 works on all Mac OS before Catalina.
From 10.6.8 to 10.14.6.
;)
Jonazzty 7:15 PM - 27 November, 2019
Quote:
From 10.6.8 to 10.14.6.
;)

it's not a question about getting serato to work.. it's a question about getting my TTM57SL te work in my mac running 10.14.6 ... :-)

Quote:
our experience was: DON'T use latest SCRATCH LIVE 2.5, we try different versions of SL.
version 2.3.0 works fine with SL-57 on MACOS MOJAVE 10.14.5 (Macbook Pro Mid 2012) and 2.4.1. on WINDOWS. just try?

I uninstalled 2.5, installed 2.3.0, rebooted my Mac, plugged in my TTM57SL, booted Scratch Live.... and he keeps on asking to connect Rane Hardware... Still not working...
Culprit 9:30 PM - 27 November, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
From 10.6.8 to 10.14.6.
;)

it's not a question about getting serato to work.. it's a question about getting my TTM57SL te work in my mac running 10.14.6 ... :-)

Quote:

I uninstalled 2.5, installed 2.3.0, rebooted my Mac, plugged in my TTM57SL, booted Scratch Live.... and he keeps on asking to connect Rane Hardware... Still not working...

can you follow my steps but use this command in terminal instead

Enter "csrutil disabled"

Report Back
Jonazzty 9:55 PM - 27 November, 2019
Quote:

can you follow my steps but use this command in terminal instead

Enter "csrutil disabled"

Report Back

"disabled" was an unkown command. "disable" was known so i used that. I rebooted to my own partition, installed 2.3 .. rebooted... same issue , not recognised
Culprit 11:09 PM - 27 November, 2019
man i am stumped bro. I just helped out a fellow dj over the phone with this issue and got him going. It took him a few tries. Have you thought about trying a different USB cable?
DJ dørbystarr 11:09 AM - 28 November, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
From 10.6.8 to 10.14.6.
;)

Quote:

OK, sorry. for me that culprit-workflow doenst work tooo. but then i had sccess, wit 2.3.0. and SL-57. hm, try this? dj.rane.com
Jonazzty 8:36 AM - 29 November, 2019
Quote:

OK, sorry. for me that culprit-workflow doenst work tooo. but then i had sccess, wit 2.3.0. and SL-57. hm, try this? dj.rane.com

not working neither. I've deleted the KEXT file, emptied the bin, reinstalled SL 2.3, restarted the mac, powered on my TTM57SL, plugged it in my Mac, Started SL.... still asking to connect hardware. Tried another USB port, still asking to connect hardware...
DJ Reflex 2:42 AM - 1 December, 2019
I just got mine to work tonight...

2012 Macbook Pro - High Sierra OS
Installed SSL 2.5 and it recognized TTM57 mixer just fine.
I have not messed with it for more than a few minutes, but I'll give it a good break-in soon.
Jonazzty 9:05 AM - 2 December, 2019
Quote:
I just got mine to work tonight...

2012 Macbook Pro - High Sierra OS
Installed SSL 2.5 and it recognized TTM57 mixer just fine.
I have not messed with it for more than a few minutes, but I'll give it a good break-in soon.

guess it works since you're still on High Sierra...
Jonazzty 4:20 PM - 15 December, 2019
still not working :(
Phooka 10:58 PM - 4 February, 2020
Tried disabling csrutil disable, no command.
I'm on 10.14.6 Also didn't work on 10.10.5
No SeratoScratchDriver.kext on either laptop either.
I have S9, S2 all mixers connect fine. Please advise!
Thanks in advance!
Culprit 12:59 AM - 5 February, 2020
When you say no command, that is what the terminal is telling you?

What operating system are you running?
Phooka 1:04 AM - 6 February, 2020
Quote:

Yep
Phooka 1:18 AM - 6 February, 2020
Quote:

It just says no command in terminal.
I'm on 10.14.6 Also didn't work on 10.10.5
Thanks
Culprit 5:25 PM - 6 February, 2020
are you rebooting to terminal in recovery mode?
DJ Reflex 2:16 AM - 7 February, 2020
Culprit - Thanks for the great post here! I got SSL up and running smoothly.
Culprit 4:47 AM - 7 February, 2020
Quote:
Culprit - Thanks for the great post here! I got SSL up and running smoothly.

the ratio seems to be 90/10 where as 90% of the people I send the fix to it works and 10% no success.

There is also an issue with the hot plugging. so some systems you need to make sure you either booth up scratchlive with the usb connected, or boot up scratchlive in offline mode then connect the usb. It's very sensitive
DJ Reflex 7:41 AM - 8 February, 2020
Quote:
There is also an issue with the hot plugging. so some systems you need to make sure you either booth up scratchlive with the usb connected, or boot up scratchlive in offline mode then connect the usb. It's very sensitive

This is true - I just had this issue happen tonight with a power failure at the gig. Mac was on battery, but when the mixer came back on, SSL didn't quite know how to handle it. I ended up restarting and it worked fine the rest of the night.
DJ Regg718 1:44 AM - 23 March, 2020
I've been on high Sierra 10.14.6 for a minute now but i'm thinking about moving up to Mojave because of other apps that need the upgrade i already did the work around will I need to do it again when I install Mojave cause I need my Rane 57 to work
Ferran Capo 7:06 PM - 4 April, 2020
Got it working. Thanks!
In my case launch SL first then plugin TTM57SL, wouldn't work the other way.

I had to do all the following:D
- Download the latest version of Serato Scratch Live (2.5)
- Reboot, launch Serato, then plugin USB (Mixer power ON).
DJ Reflex 11:57 PM - 4 April, 2020
Ferran Capo - What does the "csrutil enable --without kext" line do? I have the csrutil enabled, but what's the kext part?
Thanks
Culprit 7:39 PM - 5 April, 2020
It tells the operating system to not hard protect the kext folder, so it's a security concern. You can Google more information on it.

Rootless protection was not present in Yosemite, it was introduced in El Captain. If you download and install and remove apps all the time with your laptop it's not recommend to do this.

If you only use the laptop for DJing and maybe Photoshop but your not installing a bunch of apps or using the internet for other things you should be fine
Culprit 7:41 PM - 5 April, 2020
I forgot to mention, if you also just use apple certified applications or download from trusted sources then you should also be fine, if your downloading and installing stuff not trusted or even risky, don't do this modification
GRiNDBoX 2:40 PM - 26 July, 2020
any Macbook Pro 15' TouchBar 2018 with built in High Sierra works on this hack?
BorisMadeDaMix 8:51 AM - 27 October, 2020
I just had success installing and running my 57SL on Scratch Live 2.5 on High Sierra on a MBP late 2010. Reading this forum post I went through trial and error, this is how I did it..

1 Uninstalled SL from computer
2 Turned off computer,
3 Booted into recovery mode (cmd R),
4 Went to terminal (top toolbar) and typed “csrutil disable” and hit return.
5 Restarted computer
6 Installed Scratch Live successfully with no error messages at the end this time.
7 Opened SL, waited till playlists loaded, turned on 57sl and the two plates loaded.

Ps. After some use I noticed various track clippings, as if the track would jump forward or lag for a fragment of a second, small but noticeable.
Culprit 5:26 PM - 27 October, 2020
Yep, just don't update to catalina and you will be good.

The ultimate setup is split partitioning your hard drive. One for Yosemite and one for macos and beyond.

That way if you need ssl you just boot to that partition.

I have my ass split into 3, yosemite, mojave and windows 10 and external hard drive for music
Culprit 5:27 PM - 27 October, 2020
Jesus we need an edit button, ass meant to be hard drive not sure what happened there
DJ Guayo 10:43 PM - 30 October, 2020
Quote:
Jesus we need an edit button, ass meant to be hard drive not sure what happened there
bwahahahahaha!!!!