DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Rane TTM57mkII Discontinued by InMusic?

DJ 3RDDEGREE 4:40 PM - 22 September, 2016
I've had a TTM57mkII on order for two weeks. In response to my request for a status on my order I was told that the manufacturer stopped shipping them. I'm disappointed about my order and just as disappointed in this apparent gutting of the Rane product line by InMusic.
Rane TTM57mkII 2015 - 2016 R.I.P.
monchi 11:37 PM - 22 September, 2016
Really sucks.
monchi 11:41 PM - 22 September, 2016
You sure the manufacturer was not Rane, do you have confirmation from InMusic ?
Rebelguy 12:35 AM - 23 September, 2016
Quote:
I've had a TTM57mkII on order for two weeks. In response to my request for a status on my order I was told that the manufacturer stopped shipping them. I'm disappointed about my order and just as disappointed in this apparent gutting of the Rane product line by InMusic.

Seems like there are a lot available on eBay. Sweetwater and BH Photo are showing them in stock as well. BH has them for $1599.
DJ 3RDDEGREE 12:56 PM - 23 September, 2016
Quote:
You sure the manufacturer was not Rane, do you have confirmation from InMusic ?

Rane

Highly-regarded maker of innovative audio products and solutions for the DJ and the professional sound markets to join inMusic’s award-winning lineup of companies

Cumberland, RI USA (July 6, 2016)—inMusic, Inc.

(inMusic), the corporate owner of 13 premiere companies that deliver groundbreaking hardware and software solutions to the music, professional sound and consumer electronics industries, today announced that co-founders Linda Arink and Dennis Bohn have agreed to sell Rane Corporation to inMusic LLC. The transaction is set to be completed this summer. After the sale, Ms. Arink and Mr. Bohn plan to step down and retire.
DJ 3RDDEGREE 1:01 PM - 23 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Seems like there are a lot available on eBay. Sweetwater and BH Photo are showing them in stock as well. BH has them for $1599.

Yes they are still plentiful while supplies last. The store placed my order from the manufacturer but will now fill my order from stock at another store location in their franchise.
ritz0 3:36 AM - 26 January, 2017
Ttm57mkii discontinued in Canada as well. Long and McQuade stocking the last few and are not ordering anymore in. Something new down the pipe?
Laz219 5:48 AM - 26 January, 2017
I assume with the buying out of Rane and move in production, there'll be a period where the company is essentially in a holding pattern until they start production at the new sites or clear the old product line out in favour of a whole new line.
AKIEM 4:41 PM - 26 January, 2017
'Rane' did recently release a firmware update. But I haven't been able to find any details about what's new.
goldarn 9:58 PM - 31 January, 2017
Quote:
I assume with the buying out of Rane and move in production, there'll be a period where the company is essentially in a holding pattern until they start production at the new sites or clear the old product line out in favour of a whole new line.

true.
DJMark 10:12 PM - 31 January, 2017
It's been over six months now, and I don't think any Rane products have been made anywhere so far. All my local dealer was able to get was "old stock".

I hear service so far (for repairs) has been dismal. They didn't know how to fix a TTM57MkII was one story I heard the other day.
Detroitbootybass 7:37 PM - 1 February, 2017
Quote:
I hear service so far (for repairs) has been dismal. They didn't know how to fix a TTM57MkII was one story I heard the other day.

Sad, but completely in line with my (low) expectations for inMusic.

In a related matter, they (inMusic) ignored the Rane forums for the first few months, made a bunch of posts (all in one day in late September) saying they were going to be monitoring the site daily from now on, and then promptly abandoned the forums again.
AKIEM 7:52 PM - 1 February, 2017
...then they posted a firmware update on facebook (only) and I cant find any data on it...
DJ Quartz 4:35 AM - 2 February, 2017
They did release a new control panel for it in Dec,

cdn.inmusicbrands.com
goldarn 12:11 AM - 3 February, 2017
here is what occurred to me in a recent cloud of earthy smoke. So, all the previous units were based off of serato with a handshake with traktor. If none of the original line continues, which could be for a variety of reasons, will inmusic do business with the now outdated popular kid serato? Or will they decide not to take it in the licensing ass from serato and simply design all new Rane units with their own software?

I know rick j has the technical chops to make anything possible on the hardware side and the inmusic stable of product lines has already been messing with software of its own.

If inmusic would do only one thing to please me, I'd be well satisfied with them telling serato to sit and spin.
dj_soo 12:49 AM - 3 February, 2017
I don't think inmusic and serato are divorcing anytime soon. Their entire numark line is licensed to serato and their latest denon controller the same. The new mc5000 has also been confirmed to be serato compatible.
DJ Quartz 1:14 AM - 3 February, 2017
^ Yup
goldarn 6:03 AM - 3 February, 2017
possibly jacks next purchase....?

Thanks DJ Soo, I've kinda drifted back into the land of not needing to know this stuff, so I neglect my research.
Alatin 4:18 AM - 4 February, 2017
I love my ttm-56 best faders no soundcard not digital! I can buy internal parts at radio shack to fix 12 years still sounds new!