Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

1.9.3 TOTALLY DISASTER

Mauro Verdoliva 1:59 PM - 22 September, 2016
1.9.3 has best dropout ever!!!
I open a ticket to have explanation.
Zero dropout untill 1.9.1 then black hole.

Sony vaio i5 8gb ram win 7 ssd 256 nvidia gpu
shatakaan 3:13 PM - 22 September, 2016
Quote:
1.9.3 has best dropout ever!!!
I open a ticket to have explanation.
Zero dropout untill 1.9.1 then black hole.

Sony vaio i5 8gb ram win 7 ssd 256 nvidia gpu

Hehe same here, same everywhere!
John Calipari 6:18 PM - 22 September, 2016
I haven't dropout issues as of yet, knock on wood.

Are either of you running it with PNT, Video, Flips, or all?
shatakaan 6:51 PM - 22 September, 2016
I just use pnt
DJ Tecniq 8:09 PM - 22 September, 2016
Quote:
I just use pnt
i think PNT may be the cause. I had latency issues with it even on my Mac. It's also very horrible for scratching and is not supposed to be used 24/7 while playing out.
Dj Stone (Kenya) 10:44 PM - 22 September, 2016
Serato Dj 1.9.3 has excess dropouts and i can't load new tracks while playing because it freezes with numerous clicks.....my goodness is this really from serato.com. It's full of bugs.

Sound quaity is really good though.

1.9.1 overloads CPU while analyzing tracks then crashes.

Any soutions?

I use Pioneer DDJ SB with WIN 7
Mauro Verdoliva 10:46 PM - 22 September, 2016
pitch n time is not the problem on win 7..
i tried without and the dropout remain... :(
Dj Stone (Kenya) 10:57 PM - 22 September, 2016
Jog dial is too sensitive on Pioneer DDJ SB

Pitch in time not working right

Track freezes haphazardly.

During payback, i tried accessing setup and track freezes.

I have reverted to 1.9.0
Mauro Verdoliva 12:26 PM - 23 September, 2016
i think is not right from serato give us update like this...
i'm waiting your response from my ticket...
Supagee 7:34 PM - 23 September, 2016
maybe the problem is you are using WIN 7.
Mauro Verdoliva 7:37 PM - 23 September, 2016
Maybe... win7 works fine with 1.9.1 and don't work with 1.9.3?
Big mistake
DJ-2ni 9:25 AM - 24 September, 2016
Hi every body

It's a very big DISASTER...

When I load a sound, no waveform playback does not work, and nothing happens no sound, nothing moves on the track ...
I feel that the pads and buttons reading / cue no longer work on my SZ ...!
And ditto for the SUPER sampler, no sound comes and nothing moves on screen ...!
djmacklong 10:01 AM - 24 September, 2016
Quote:
Hi every body

For YOU. Everybody so quick to jump on Serato when they're running hardware that can barely handle the software. I just played a 4 hour set tonight on Sierra, 1.9.3, and a Rane 62. No issues whatsoever. I'm also running a Mac, 2.7ghz i7 w/ 16gb RAM and 500gb SSD.
DJ-2ni 10:14 AM - 24 September, 2016
Ok boy, but I'm not the one to say it's a disaster... just read the post..!
djmacklong 10:19 AM - 24 September, 2016
Obviously I read the post. Blaming Serato while complaining about an under-powered Windows-based computer that can't handle the software. Makes perfect sense to me.
djmacklong 10:22 AM - 24 September, 2016
And don't call me 'boy' you cornball. Grow up.
DJ-2ni 10:32 AM - 24 September, 2016
I dont want to read you anymore. by
CanaroMix 12:52 PM - 24 September, 2016
cinque minuti di applausi per chi consiglia di passare a mac, grande ovazione per chi afferma di usare pc sottodimensionati!
Su windows avrebbero dei problemi anche i pc della nasa, la questione principale consiste nel fatto che in serato non hanno gente abbastanza in gamba per programmare su windows.
Personalmete passerei anche a OSX, solo che assemblando da 20 anni pc da solo, questo per dire che conosco un po' l'hardware, il notebook che ho in mente non esiste nelle fervide menti della apple, e se esistesse magari te lo fanno pagare pure 10.000 dollari

five minutes of applause for those who want to switch to mac, big ovation for those who claim to use undersized pc!
On windows would have trouble even the pc of NASA, the main issue is that in serato have not people smart enough to program on windows.
Personally also would spend to OSX, only 20 years assembling pc alone, this is to say that I know a little 'hardware, notebook I have in mind does not exist in the fervid minds of the apple, and if there was maybe you do pay even $ 10,000
Mauro Verdoliva 1:12 PM - 24 September, 2016
Canaro vai col tango!!
DJ WICK! 4:42 PM - 24 September, 2016
1.9.3 is beyond unstable ... Was doing a sound check before my gig ... music was playing fine and then a ll of sudden it just stops!!! Program froze and even froze my controller. I shutdown down my computer and got everything going again ... Into the 2nd song (still sound checking) the volume went loud and then dead!!! The program froze everything again!!!! I said the hell with 1.9.3 and reinstalled 1.9.2 and had absolutely no problems for the rest of the night. DO NOT TRUST 1.9.3 UNTIL THE BUGS ARE WORKED OUT!!!!
PopRoXxX 9:30 PM - 24 September, 2016
1.9.3 working wonderfully over here. every expansion pack. tons of different hardware. no problems what so ever. great release guys!!
JamesGiles 10:34 PM - 24 September, 2016
Please start a Serato ticket so these bugs can be sorted out
support.serato.com
DJ Tecniq 11:06 PM - 24 September, 2016
Quote:
1.9.3 is beyond unstable ... Was doing a sound check before my gig ... music was playing fine and then a ll of sudden it just stops!!! Program froze and even froze my controller. I shutdown down my computer and got everything going again ... Into the 2nd song (still sound checking) the volume went loud and then dead!!! The program froze everything again!!!! I said the hell with 1.9.3 and reinstalled 1.9.2 and had absolutely no problems for the rest of the night. DO NOT TRUST 1.9.3 UNTIL THE BUGS ARE WORKED OUT!!!!
Mac or PC please be specific.
DJ WICK! 1:27 AM - 25 September, 2016
PC
alec.tron 2:16 AM - 25 September, 2016
Quote:
PC

Be prepared for a tirade along the lines of 'u should of used a mac bro, it's your own fault'...

Funny how the hand-full of overly-vocal mac users on here have apparently completely forgotten all the fun the mac community had over the past 2 years with an OS not suitable for any realtime audio and every audio software developer under the sun warning about it...

There seems to be something odd with SDJ & Windows (10 ?) though indeed, I have that hunch as well (I won't touch 1.9.3 as I've had my fair share of fun with SDJ 1.9.2 already, which destroyed metadata on 6k files of mine... so I'm burned for a while now w SDJ & will yet again go back to SSL 2.5...).
But Windows is a supported platform, so Serato should step up asap and figure out where all these issues (on PCs) come from that seem to be on the rise since releasing SDJ 1.9.2.
And, 1.9.3 seems to be fixing more issues for Macs yet again, but causing even more issues for PCs on a wider scale...
Good luck for you guys with issues.

c.
DJ STRETCH - NYC 2:54 AM - 25 September, 2016
SDJ: 1.9.3
MAC: 10.12 - 2.3GHZ - 1TB SSD - 8GB RAM
Pioneer DDJ SX

Started SDJ, waited for the library to fully load then connected the controller. Didn't connect to the controller (waited 5mins).

Since I keep a few copies of SDJ (rename the file with the version at the end)
I closed 1.9.3 and opened 1.9.2 and everything worked.

Did I miss something I had to do prior to connecting the controller?
dj zaza 5:45 AM - 25 September, 2016
I too am having no problems sial on my Macbook pro retinai7 that of Surface Pro 4 i7, but sincerely and since its release Serato DJ that there are complaints from us dj, I understand the good will of the boys to help support, but I sincerely believe that the problem is at the base of software development. Do also right to you guys, Serato focuses too much on mac, I realized that it is easier to create something because the hardware are very similar to each other even they are in, while on windows there is a wide choice of configurations, assembled , etc. But as I wrote in other posts I tried Recordbox with dj dvs, and we're on another planet, it is windows or Mac everything runs well, perfect waveform on both systems, support for high resolutions. Serato now adds a thousand pretenses, but honestly how many of us go for a quiet evening, hoping it will not block anything? I think when recordbox reaches the right maturity I believe that many will abandon serato except total upheavals on their part. In fact I mo wondered how much longer will support the mixer Rane and sl box, I had plans to go to S9, for fear of being then with something in his hands that they can not resell. Hopefully serato beginning to develop on both platforms software that give us the security that had conquered with ssl.
Mauro Verdoliva 9:43 AM - 25 September, 2016
I opened this thread to understand how many people has problems with 1.9.3
Seem that 2/3 are win user as me.
I'm talking in my country (italy) with other italian user and many of them don't have problem with mac.
I believe that if serato continues with these disasters, many windows users will migrate to other DJ software very quickly, I for one...
It is unacceptable to receive such poor updates.
dj zaza 10:20 AM - 25 September, 2016
I am Italian, and many of my friends still use ssl, because the problems created by this year's El Capitan, unfortunately none of dvs software currently offers a concrete stability, Serato lost that mentality to create a lightweight software, unfortunately the blame should be given to the continuous evolution of technology, the controllers as a pioneer dj sz and others are great, but they are too many, and implement everything in a software I know it is not easy. I sincerely hope that in the shortest possible time for things to change, otherwise I think there will be a mass abandonment of this software. I quote pioneer because at the moment is the most consistent in maintaining high levels of performance. For me integration with Roland is totally useless, I am still convinced that at least you will not face a performance evening, everyone continues to mix as they always have.
DJ-2ni 12:26 PM - 25 September, 2016
I'm on WIn7 and it don't work...
Mauro Verdoliva 1:31 PM - 25 September, 2016
ciao dj zaza io sono di napoli, tu?
anche io credo che la partnership con roland sia del tutto inutile, poi..

i think the serato/roland partnership is a significant shrinking of the New Zealand home
do not try to convince me that Roland is better than pioneer, please.
roland is famous for its piano bar, pioneer to make dj ...
dj zaza 2:36 PM - 25 September, 2016
Ciao io sono di Foggia, ma vivo in Svizzera, comunque io non ho problemi con Serato sia su Windows che su Mac ho ottimizzato tutto e cerco di non usare i due computer per cavolate ma esclusivamente per la musica. Purtroppo a volte gli aggiornamenti anche minori di sistema possono creare problemi.
Mauro Verdoliva 5:36 PM - 25 September, 2016
Ma il bello anche io!
Uso serato dalla 1.7.8 e fino alla 1.9.1 zero problemi.
Dalla 1.9.2 nn c'ho capito piu' nulla.
Da quello che leggo, moltissimi utenti win hanno avuto problemi, quindi deduco che sia un problema di come è stato scritto questo aggiornamento.
Mike Butler 8:28 PM - 25 September, 2016
Quote:
Hi every body

When I load a sound, no waveform playback does not work, and nothing happens no sound, nothing moves on the track ...
I feel that the pads and buttons reading / cue no longer work on my SZ ...!
And ditto for the SUPER sampler, no sound comes and nothing moves on screen ...!

Are you on a PC? Did you update the SZ driver to the latest 1.03 release? I updated and that seemed to cause random disconnects. I dropped back to 1.00 and it's rock solid again. Going to do some soak testing with 1.00/1.03 this week to see if that's the problem. This is using Serato 1.9.3

Mike
DJ-2ni 8:52 PM - 25 September, 2016
I am on PC, Win7, core i5 6Go ram. Dédicate only for sérato..
And my SZ is on the 1.00 driver
Philmixit 10:50 PM - 25 September, 2016
Hi guys I play serato dj 1.9.3 for FIVE HOURS with no problem at all, so I don't understand why you guys are having so much problem.
I think that this is very solid version , My computer is fully loaded !!
938MyDJ 2:37 AM - 26 September, 2016
I'm still with Yosemite on my 2014 Macbook & Mavericks on my 2011 Macbook and everything works fine... P&T, Video, and Wi-Fi ON for IOS Launchpad "Link."

I'm guessing 1.9.3 is not friendly on the Windows side.

But don't worry, I can feel that this was a RUSH release in conjuction with the DJ-808's coming out to the public soon.

Rollback on previous stable version with Windows for now or... switch to ____ you know what, LOL!

🍎
djmacklong 4:37 AM - 26 September, 2016
Quote:
I am on PC, Win7, core i5 6Go ram. Dédicate only for sérato..
And my SZ is on the 1.00 driver

Out of date operating system, slow processor, and far too little RAM to run SDJ.

Blame Serato though.
DJ-2ni 5:45 AM - 26 September, 2016
System Requirements: (FROM SERATO)

Serato DJ
Operating System
Mac OS X 10.11
Mac OS X 10.10
Mac OS X 10.9
Windows 10, 8.1
Windows 7
Processor
i3: 1.07GHz 32 bit, 64 bit
i5: 1.07GHz 32 bit, 64 bit
i7: 1.07GHz 32 bit, 64 bit
Screen Resolution 1280 x 720
Memory 32 bit, 64 bit: 4 GB
USB Available USB 2.0 port
Free HDD Space 5 GB

So I think my system is not out of date....
I had no problem before 1.9.3......
Mike Butler 6:13 AM - 26 September, 2016
Quote:

Windows 7

Yep, looks like the PC is well spec'd for Serato!

Does rolling back to 1.9.1 solve the problems? If so, does installing 1.9.3 make them come back? If you can do roll back/forward and the problem is consistently on 1.9.3 but not 1.9.1 then that pretty much proves that there's a problem with 1.9.3 on your particular PC

Mike
Mike Butler 6:29 AM - 26 September, 2016
Quote:

Did you update the SZ driver to the latest 1.03 release? I updated and that seemed to cause random disconnects. I dropped back to 1.00 and it's rock solid again. Going to do some soak testing with 1.00/1.03 this week to see if that's the problem.

OK, so I loaded the 1.03 driver back yesterday and left Serato running overnight with 4 decks on autoplay and effects running on each deck. Came down this morning and it's still running happily after around 12 hours with the CPU ticking away at 12% and no dropouts showing. Personally I'm pretty happy with it now.

Mike
DJ Baby Boy 7:05 AM - 26 September, 2016
Not sure how so many of you are having issues with 1.9.3 it's been one of the best releases of SDJ that's been released lately and I used it for 15 hours worth of gigs this weekend in conjunction with MixEmergency & Resolume Arena and no problems at all one Yosemite on a 2012 MBP ... Also on a side note Sierra and 1.9.3 have been working well on a separate partition I have on the same mac with about 10 hours of testing so far with the above programs as well ... Also I'll note that I am running PnT on DVS with a Rane 62 & also testing with the DDJSX2 and CDJ 2000's in HID
keith jackson 7:21 AM - 26 September, 2016
I had 0 problems! This to me is the best Serato DJ release EVER! 👏👏👏 you did great Serato, the Link function is the best add on since master Tempo back on scratchlive! Not sure why people are having problems I had no dropouts or glitches of no kind on My MBP. Thank you Serato, very stable.
DJ-2ni 8:22 AM - 26 September, 2016
Probably the problems are only on WIN7 ?
all apple user are satisfy ?
DJ-2ni 8:24 AM - 26 September, 2016
For Mike Butler

Hi
Before i was on SDJ 1.8.1...
SDJ 1.9.3 don't work on my PC, but if I go back to 1.8.1 everything works god....
Ragman 8:52 AM - 26 September, 2016
Tested 1.9.3 all weekend and no problems after roughly 6 hours of play. I used most features like sdj video, flip, pnt and efxs. I could not get it to crash no matter how much stress I put on my laptop. I even had my WiFi active which is something I rarely do when running SDJ.

Laptop: HP Envy 17t
Specs: Win10, i7-QC CPU, 16G RAM, 2TB HDD 5400rpm, NVIDIA 4G Graphics 1920x1080

I don't understand why some are having issues and others are not. I will say after reading a few posts, many of the problem PCs are Win7 Laptops. However we would need Serato to confirm if that is indeed the issue. It starts with you guys submitting tickets when you experience any problems with 1.9.3.
djmacklong 4:43 PM - 26 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Windows 7

These are more like minimum system requirements. And all the Windows guys can posture all and soap box the situation all they want, but the facts are the facts...and those are that Windows just doesn't run Serato very well. Never really has, never really will. Stop being cheap, man up, and buy a better (Apple) computer. Your issues will stop.
DJ Yagga 6:46 PM - 26 September, 2016
Get a Mac :D
Mauro Verdoliva 7:08 PM - 26 September, 2016
Dear dj mack long I beg you to stop writing nonsense
You are not better than me only if you have a mac
These are stupid discussions
Mauro Verdoliva 7:10 PM - 26 September, 2016
Maybe YOU are a cheap man with your stupid words.. please exit from this thread
DJ Yagga 7:20 PM - 26 September, 2016
Quote:
Dear dj mack long I beg you to stop writing nonsense
You are not better than me only if you have a mac
These are stupid discussions

Mauro...Irmão rofl
I understand your frustration, but rest assure I know what I'm talking about. As a certified Windows Systems Engineer & die hard IT geek, I know the perils of running DJ software (Traktor or Serato DJ) on a Windows machine. I made the switch from PC to Mac reluctantly, mainly due to force of habit and things have been smooth sailing ever since. You can get a used mid 2012 Macbook pro (Make sure it's the upgradeable model) for about $300 - $500 on Amazon these days. It's a worth while investment..... I don't think I'm better than you, I'm just speaking from personal experience.

Ciao!

Yagga ;)
DJ-2ni 7:26 PM - 26 September, 2016
Dear dj mack long.....

obviously you understand nothing of my problem...
open your eyes to understand what I write
I had NO PROBLEM before the 1.9.3 with my CHEAP computer....
You understand that ????
Mauro Verdoliva 8:41 PM - 26 September, 2016
Dear dj/2ni SAME FOR ME
I DON't understand why with our CHEAP NOTEBOOK al 1.9.2 we work fine, at 1.9.3 not...
Are our pc or who write sdj??? Mmmmmmmmmmmm
Mike Butler 8:51 PM - 26 September, 2016
Quote:
As a certified Windows Systems Engineer & die hard IT geek, I know the perils of running DJ software (Traktor or Serato DJ) on a Windows machine.

Actually my experience is pretty much the opposite with Windows. I bought an HP Envy laptop a year or so back with an i7 and 12G RAM, dropped in another 2Gb drive and used it with Serato, Traktor, VirtualDJ and now Rekordbox with no problems except a couple of my own making. I don't run anything video related, but I have Cubase, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate. Maschine and a whole load of other VSTs such as Waves Mercury, Slate, Izotope and Soundtoys loaded onto it. And iTunes. It just works for all the applications. I was a bit wary of going from Windows 7 to 8.1, but I bit the bullet and installed it and it was flawless.

I'm not saying that people don't have problems with Windows, just that my experience has been pretty good, with a distinct lack of 'perils'

Mike
alec.tron 8:57 PM - 26 September, 2016
Quote:
As a certified Windows Systems Engineer & die hard IT geek, I know the perils of running DJ software (Traktor or Serato DJ) on a Windows machine. I made the switch from PC to Mac reluctantly,

Don't you think it's odd that it says on the tin that SDJ is supported on Mac as well as Windows... and that is your (necessary) conclusion (apparently to use SDJ)...?

It's pretty obvious there' something wrong in SDJ when it comes to PCs...
So my solution is to stick to SSL 2.5 on windows, which actually was 'supported' and stable as was the mac version.
Funny, if it wasn't so sad, that audio software devs coming from mac and develop on windows as well, seem to have such a hard time... (Pro Tools on windows anyone...?).
Yet others, (i.e. for me Ableton being a great example...) manage to increase stability AND add features on updates on both systems regularly.

Makes you wonder.
c.
Ragman 9:29 PM - 26 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Windows 7

These are more like minimum system requirements. And all the Windows guys can posture all and soap box the situation all they want, but the facts are the facts...and those are that Windows just doesn't run Serato very well. Never really has, never really will. Stop being cheap, man up, and buy a better (Apple) computer. Your issues will stop.

You can't make a blanket statement like that because a few windows users are having problems. I think it might be OS related as not many Win10 users have reported issues with 1.9.3. Myself I haven't had any issues on my HP envy of any version of SDJ. The HP Envy 17t is a highend gaming laptop running Win10. I settled on it over the MBP for it's 17" screen size and better overall price based on the specs which exceeded MBP at the time. It was a wise decision and I am proof that if you do your homework and research, you can purchase a great competing Windows laptop to MBP and save a few hundred dollars.
DJ J-ROB 10:59 PM - 26 September, 2016
Having a similar issue. The "DROP OUT" red light on SDJ. stays displayed even though the laptop has been optimized, and all audio levels are low.
Serato, Support
Dave. 12:31 AM - 27 September, 2016
Sup guys

Heads up we've noticed an increase in issues with computers who's computers specs fall outside our system requirements (e.g. Computer runs on a Core 2 Duo processor) running into issues with SDJ 1.9.3.

If your computer's system specs DO meet the system requirements specified on the Serato DJ 1.9.3 download page AND you have been running into performance issues since updating to 1.9.3 - please submit a help request to support.serato.com including your computers full system report (DxDiag (PC) or System Report (Mac)) - we're currently investigating this.

Cheers guys!
Mauro Verdoliva 9:40 AM - 27 September, 2016
dear dave i opened a ticket the same day of 1.9.3 release...
but i can't read everytime the same thinks: HAVE YOU OPTIMIZED...HAVE THE ULTIMate DRIVER, FIRMWARE... BLA BLA BLA
IF I WROTE THAT AT 1.9.1 I DON'T HAVE PROBLEM, M.A.Y.B.E. IS POSSIBLE SOME ERRORS IN THE SERATO DJ...
OR NOT???
mixgoonie 10:11 AM - 27 September, 2016
No any issue with 1.9.2 and even beta of 1.9.2.

Issue is clearly in 1.9.3, second release of 1.9.3 is even more stable than the final one...

Andn always on the same computer ;)
popnwave 1:30 PM - 27 September, 2016
Did a nice 6 hour set with 1.9.3 on my mid 2012 MBP playing all 1080p current videos using MixEmergency 3.1.x on my DDJ-SX while streaming up to Chew.tv - not a single hiccup

Although my back was killing me from standing on concrete :/
Serato, Support
Dave. 10:43 PM - 27 September, 2016
Quote:
dear dave i opened a ticket the same day of 1.9.3 release...
but i can't read everytime the same thinks: HAVE YOU OPTIMIZED...HAVE THE ULTIMate DRIVER, FIRMWARE... BLA BLA BLA
IF I WROTE THAT AT 1.9.1 I DON'T HAVE PROBLEM, M.A.Y.B.E. IS POSSIBLE SOME ERRORS IN THE SERATO DJ...
OR NOT???

@Mauro Verdoliva - thanks for submitting a ticket, my colleague is waiting on you to submit your **full system report** so we can investigate this further. Cheers

Quote:
No any issue with 1.9.2 and even beta of 1.9.2.

Issue is clearly in 1.9.3, second release of 1.9.3 is even more stable than the final one...

Andn always on the same computer ;)

@mixgoonie - please submit a help request, if you haven't already, remember to include your computers full system report ;) Cheers
alec.tron 11:02 PM - 27 September, 2016
Hey Dave,
would be great to post what you guys find, either as a forum or blog post.

I won't touch 1.9.3 unfortunately as I've had a flac metadata crippling bug on 1.9.2 which has not been fixed on 1.9.3.
But, stability is of major importance to all of us when it comes to the decision to update or not, so keeping a good flow of information here, also to people like myself who might not be able to actively (beta-) test the issues, so keeping this transparent would be great.

Churs.
c.
JDforKing 11:47 PM - 27 September, 2016
Quote:
Did a nice 6 hour set with 1.9.3 on my mid 2012 MBP playing all 1080p current videos using MixEmergency 3.1.x on my DDJ-SX while streaming up to Chew.tv - not a single hiccup

This maybe a little off topic but have you ever looked to see the temperature of your computer while using your ddj sx running serato dj and mix emergency 3.1. I have a 2011 13 inch MacBook Pro with 16gb of ram. I'm also using mix emergency with serato dj and my temp consistently stays around 90 Celsius. I'm curious to know if this is normal?
Serato, Support
Aaron E 1:02 AM - 28 September, 2016
Hey alec.tron

As always, we'll be sure to put out any relevant info that becomes available. At the moment we are just trying to sift through the varying reports from not good to great and everything in between.

With everyone's help we should be able to determine fairly quickly whether there is something affecting a subset of computers. So please, if you are experiencing a new issue with Serato DJ 1.9.3 (or any other issue for that matter), do open a help request at support.serato.com so one of the team can work with you to get to the bottom of it.

Thanks, Aaron
DJ Baby Boy 2:38 AM - 28 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

This maybe a little off topic but have you ever looked to see the temperature of your computer while using your ddj sx running serato dj and mix emergency 3.1. I have a 2011 13 inch MacBook Pro with 16gb of ram. I'm also using mix emergency with serato dj and my temp consistently stays around 90 Celsius. I'm curious to know if this is normal?

JDForKing I'm betting that the reason why you're running so hot is because of the lack of a dedicated graphics card in that machine and unfortunately the only way to combat that would be to upgrade your machine to one with a dedicated graphics card
zungy 3:48 AM - 28 September, 2016
it does nothing but crash anytime i press a button on my novation twitch

2.5 ghz i5 8gb ram macbook
Philmixit 10:51 AM - 28 September, 2016
I have to say, I don't understand how a lot of people are having so much problem, and me nothing is wrong for me, I play SERATO DJ 1.9.3 for 5 hours on the new iOS every thing work normal, may be is the computer that you guys are using could be what not working right ? I don't know, SERATO TEAM well done.
DJ-2ni 12:04 PM - 28 September, 2016
The computer was working very good with 1.9.2 and suddenly it doesnt work god with 1.9.3... !!!
dont blame the computer please..!
Yorgos Arabatzis 12:29 PM - 28 September, 2016
Every user has their own setups and from my experience SSL is the stability king...Period!I'm more than willing to switch to SDJ but every version i've tried it crashes my Mac system.I've even been in constant communication with Serato's Nathaniel and we're still not been able to find a solution.Really we've tried everything!SSL in other hand it's rock solid...
John Calipari 1:34 PM - 28 September, 2016
I'd wager that a Clean re-install of the OS followed by resetting the PRAM and SMC on Macs would solve 80% to 99% of the problems.

Fact-Windows loads more than 4GB of system drivers and processes before the splash screen even comes up, any other boot-up time program you have such as Anti-Virus programs,your Hardware Driver, etc will take it's share. If your own deliberately ran programs need more than the balance left on your system, your gonna be disk swapping and no matter how fast an SSD drive is, it can't replicate the speed of system memory.
DJCarlosFandango 1:52 PM - 28 September, 2016
Quote:
I'd wager that a Clean re-install of the OS followed by resetting the PRAM and SMC on Macs would solve 80% to 99% of the problems.

Fact-Windows loads more than 4GB of system drivers and processes before the splash screen even comes up, any other boot-up time program you have such as Anti-Virus programs,your Hardware Driver, etc will take it's share. If your own deliberately ran programs need more than the balance left on your system, your gonna be disk swapping and no matter how fast an SSD drive is, it can't replicate the speed of system memory.

Fact? Sorry but thats not right. I only have 3gb of processes running right now.

Windows users can edit startup processes via MSCONFIG( XP WIN 7) or Taskmanager (8-10) remove anything that isn't crucial to the system (Mouse,steam,itunes etc) all of these have little start up process's you can stop with out damaging anything.

You might be thinking of the actual OS imprint which is aprox 4gb depending on driver store and other things.

To weigh into the Windows vs Mac debate, I am an IT professional too who works in a Windows environment but have seen how well the Macbook Pro's work in the DJ scene. having said that I run an old Quad core windows 7 machine with 6gb of RAM and the ONLY problem I have had, is it takes a few seconds for the initial load but once loaded I have no issues with the software or my MC6000mk2.

The one thing I will say, which is not said often enough:-

Every windows install is different. Every Single One. So for a software package to work on every single one would be a miracle.

Mac's operate on the same hardware and software which makes software development a lot easier

One question to Serato though, I downloaded the latest version and have subscribed but it still says its a Beta.....?
mixgoonie 2:09 PM - 28 September, 2016
I use one computer only for SDJ, nothing new gets installed.

Working perfectly on SDJ 1.8.X, 1.9.1, 1.9.2, second release of beta of 1.9.3 and started to bug on last release of beta of 1.9.3 and final version of 1.9.3.

If i reinstall 1.9.2 it works like a charm.

For WIndows, i can really totally confirm that the issue is on the Serato side and only on that side.
DJ-2ni 2:14 PM - 28 September, 2016
I agree
John Calipari 3:09 PM - 28 September, 2016
Quote:
Windows users can edit startup processes via MSCONFIG( XP WIN 7) or Taskmanager (8-10) remove anything that isn't crucial.

For those that are not savvy with the underbelly of Windows or think they are, I suspect this is where problems can start. especially when it's taken further into actually tampering with Windows Registry and there's no repairing that except for recalling a back-up or a clean-re-install.

I run Windows 7 Server at Work and I'm at around 3.8GB with a Citrix Receiver, Cisco NAC and Intel HD Graphics drivers loading from the get-go that I know of.

That being said, don't you agree that periodic clean re-installs of any OS is good and could fix many these issues? And maybe Bios Updates?

Quote:
I use one computer only for SDJ, nothing new gets installed.

And nothing new has to. Just try a clean-re-install cuz Windows collects legacy clutter with every update. Some of it can make another software's update wonky if there are conflicting request being made by windows and that particular software update's new request.

Why is that there are some Windows 7, 8.1 & 10 users that are having no issues with 1.93?

What changed in 1.92 to 1.93 that kept theirs maintained while yours suddenly misbehaved? Ableton Link? Roland compatibility?

What is different about their machines when compared to yours, in general? GPU, BIOS, Input Devices? CPU? Memory?

That is where I would start. Get the Balance sheet of a Windows SDJ System that is working from someone here or around you and compare it to yours.
Philmixit 4:23 PM - 28 September, 2016
DJ-2ni did not say is the computer directly,

I say may be is the computer !!!!!
Philmixit 4:24 PM - 28 September, 2016
May be is the set up , just trying to help!
John Calipari 5:14 PM - 28 September, 2016
It could be a whole nother thread, but I kinda wish they would have tightened up 1.92 with all of the improvements, added Roland DJ808 support and re-leased it as 1.93 w/o Ableton LInk integration.

I suspect that it's the addition of Ableton that may be causing issues whether people are actually using it or not. If you are and it's working, that's great, but if your not and could care less about it, but still need the other revisions that were also included, you have to live with Ableton and all of it's overhead in 1.93

It would have been better had they made iAbleton Link Integration an additional free expansion, or had an optional 1.93 w/o Ableton.

It's as though SDJ is constantly looking to establish an Ableton link no matter the set-up which is taxing all of the other integral moving parts.
PopRoXxX 5:32 PM - 28 September, 2016
Quote:
It's as though SDJ is constantly looking to establish an Ableton link no matter the set-up which is taxing all of the other integral moving parts.

If you're turning the Link button on and leaving it on all the time for every set. If you're not turning it on, it's not on (working/establishing)
AKIEM 5:39 PM - 28 September, 2016
If it was so heavy and taxing it couldn't possibly work across platform and on all the various apps it seems to be working fine with.
DJ Tecniq 6:02 PM - 28 September, 2016
I have a friend that just bought an HP with an i5 processor and SDJ is working perfectly fine for him on Windows 10 with his DDJSR. All he needed was the firmware and driver update and everything is working smoothly. His cpu is maybe at 20% or lower. Before he had an old ass laptop that was outdated and cpu was through the roof and couldn't run newer versions of SDJ. Maybe some of you should try windows 10. Hearing a lot of Windows 7 audio issues.
Ragman 6:18 PM - 28 September, 2016
Windows users if you're having issues with SDJ 1.9.3 please state your Win version. I'm on Windows 10 and all is good (albeit 16G RAM and an i7-QC might have something to do with that).
CanaroMix 6:24 PM - 28 September, 2016
Quote:
I have a friend that just bought an HP with an i5 processor and SDJ is working perfectly fine for him on Windows 10 with his DDJSR. All he needed was the firmware and driver update and everything is working smoothly. His cpu is maybe at 20% or lower. Before he had an old ass laptop that was outdated and cpu was through the roof and couldn't run newer versions of SDJ. Maybe some of you should try windows 10. Hearing a lot of Windows 7 audio issues.

hai anche attivato il plugin delle marmotte che mangiano caramelle alla menta e poi raffreddano l'ambiente?!
a mia nonna abbiamo messo le ruote ed è diventata una carriola.

Hai mai eseguito sullo stesso pc in multiboot tra win 7 e win 10 un serio programma per determinare la latenza audio??? se l'avessi eseguito forse non consiglieresti win10.

you also activated the plugin marmot eating mints and then cool the environment ?!
my grandmother we put the wheels and has become a wheelbarrow.

Have you ever run on the same PC to multiboot between win 7 and win 10 a serious program to determine the audio latency ??? Perhaps if I had not done you recommend win10.
John Calipari 6:41 PM - 28 September, 2016
Quote:
If you're turning the Link button on and leaving it on all the time for every set. If you're not turning it on, it's not on (working/establishing)

There are multiple Windows features, too many to count, that are running all the time, whether you have the said feature enabled or not. Windows is still loading your Hardware Driver every time no matter if your Controller is connected? SDJ is still loading Abelton's driver along with Expansions Packs whether you are using them or not or else you wouldn't even see their buttons.
AKIEM 6:49 PM - 28 September, 2016
weird to blame 'it' on Link when it could really be anything
John Calipari 7:14 PM - 28 September, 2016
Quote:
weird to blame 'it' on Link when it could really be anything

Yeah, just my suspicion based on Windows users that claim 1.92 worked and 1.93 doesn't. Abelton is the most noteworthy change.
AKIEM 7:53 PM - 28 September, 2016
Could be that. Or maybe

Tracks not being marked as played correctly with Pioneer DJM-850
Potential kernel panic when toggling USB Insert FX on Rane TTM-57MkII
Potential audible pop or click after playing from cue point or temp cue
Pitch slider on master deck in sync controlling slave deck pitch when in sync and paused
Playhead position incorrect starting the software in REL then switching to INT before pressing Play using motorized platters
Dragging iTunes file into the Serato DJ library may take a long time to import
Incorrect output lighting on Denon DJ MCX8000 parameter buttons while in Pitch Play performance pad mode
Potentially high CPU usage and audio distortion after track with Pitch ‘n Time DJ enabled passes the end of audio
Unable to create manual loop as a saved loop
Potential crash when toggling to Prepare panel from hardware using Areas/Panel button
Potential slow memory leak on Mac OS X
Potentially distorted audio when channel gain is at 12 o’clock
Deck plays continuously past end of track instead of loading next track with Autoplay
Potential CPU spike or crash when opening the Serato Video font panel
Potential CPU spike while dragging files into the library
Potential crash after disconnecting and reconnecting hardware
WAV files potentially being corrupted after writing tags
WAV files potentially getting stuck during analysation
EQ cutoff frequencies are different when using alternate sample rates for some hardware
Potentially unable to install Allen & Heath Xone:DB2 and Xone:DB4 drivers
Various CPU audio rendering improvements
eugguy 9:35 PM - 28 September, 2016
Who else loves SSL in hard times like these?? lol
DJ Quartz 10:50 PM - 28 September, 2016
I've put 1.9.3 on three different Macbooks and no issues.

i7 2.6ghz 15" MacBook with Nvidia GPU (Mid 2012) (Maverick)
i7 2.4ghz 15" MacBook with ATI GPU (Late 2011) (Maverick)
i5 2.53ghz 17" MacBook with ATI GPU (Mid 2010) (El Capitan)

It's working well on all three.

There has to be underlying reasons for the issues.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 11:19 PM - 28 September, 2016
Hi everyone

Just a reminder to please open a help request at support.serato.com if you are experiencing issues after updating to Serato DJ 1.9.3 (or any other issues) so one of the team can work with you directly to figure out what may be happening. We're keen to gather as much specific info as possible

You can also hit the 'Open Help Request' button next to the comment box :)

Thanks, Aaron
reflex1 12:29 AM - 29 September, 2016
how do you switch back to 1.9.2
Marv Incredible 1:05 AM - 29 September, 2016
Quote:
how do you switch back to 1.9.2

If it's still installed (i.e. you didn't overwrite it when installing 1.9.3.), simply launch it.

If not, rename your current install to something like SDJ 1.9.3, then go to the download archives and re-install 1.9.2. I'd personally then rename that too. Then you can switch between both.
DJ Cyrix 5:17 PM - 29 September, 2016
Well up until now , but I have no choice but to go back to 1.9.2, for the same reason as everyone else, red lights and cracking.
What do I have to do to not lose my crates, cue points... ? I tried renaming the install folder to 1.9.3, but when I try to install 1.9.2 it says it can't install because i have another version.
Should I uninstall 1.9.3, then install 1.9.2 again and will this affect my data?
DJ Cyrix 5:18 PM - 29 September, 2016
Quote:
Well up until now , but I have no choice but to go back to 1.9.2, for the same reason as everyone else, red lights and cracking.
What do I have to do to not lose my crates, cue points... ? I tried renaming the install folder to 1.9.3, but when I try to install 1.9.2 it says it can't install because i have another version.
Should I uninstall 1.9.3, then install 1.9.2 again and will this affect my data?

Lost a bit of my tekst there: well I never had to install an older version up until now...
popnwave 5:53 PM - 29 September, 2016
As long as you aren't deleting your _Serato_ folders your data is fine, the app location has nothing to do with that.

Moving forward, I highly suggest you always keep at least 1 previous version installed to make roll backs easier for you in the future.
DJCarlosFandango 5:54 PM - 29 September, 2016
@ DJ Cyrix

In the root of your music folder is a _serato_ folder, copy these to another drive to back up your crates and such like.
katmoda 8:07 PM - 29 September, 2016
1.9.3 working great here ;)

Akai AMX with AFX and 2 Pioneer CDJ 900 running in HID mode.

Also works great with 2x V7

Using PnT from time to time

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012) 16GB Memory, 512GB SSD & lots of techno!

Thanks so much Serato ;)
katmoda 8:08 PM - 29 September, 2016
forgot to say OS X 10.10.5 (Yosemite)
Serato, Support
Aaron E 12:47 AM - 30 September, 2016
Hey DJ Cyrix

Check this out for how to install multiple versions of Serato DJ: support.serato.com

Cheers
DJ Cyrix 7:06 AM - 30 September, 2016
I succesfully uninstalled 1.93 and re-installed 1.9.2, will test tonight. Then I4ll wait for another build and install it next to my current setup. Thanks!
dj zaza 7:19 AM - 30 September, 2016
Wednesday I did an evening from 18 to 24, Serato 1.9.3 surface pro i7 4 16 gb RAM 512 ssd no freezing abandonment. everything worked perfectly
mixgoonie 9:26 AM - 30 September, 2016
I have really the feeling that it is related to Windows 7.

All machines (friends) I have been tested works fine in WIndows 8/8.1.

Only issue i have is with Windows 7.

Has people been able to work without red/yellow dots on a WIndows 7 laptop ?

Thanks.
Ragman 3:02 PM - 30 September, 2016
Quote:
I have really the feeling that it is related to Windows 7.

All machines (friends) I have been tested works fine in WIndows 8/8.1.

Only issue i have is with Windows 7.

Has people been able to work without red/yellow dots on a WIndows 7 laptop ?

Thanks.

I've been saying this but not taken serious.
DJ Quartz 3:49 PM - 30 September, 2016
Everyone having issues, as one of the staff members mentioned above. Make sure to file support tickets to help them investigate the issue.
casious 7:05 PM - 30 September, 2016
One issue I ran into with 1.9.3 is when I go to the All Music crate to delete a track, after deleting 2 or 3 tracks, SDJ freezes. Weird thing is I've been using the 1.9.3 beta with no problems.

I'm on a mid-2012 macbook pro, i7, 2.6ghz, 16gb ram, 256gb ssd main, 1tb hdd secondary. Just moved to El Capitan. So don't think my laptop is the problem, especially considering the 1.9.3 beta and all other older versions do not give me this problem.
MC Apollo 3:33 PM - 1 October, 2016
Since upgrading to 1.3.9. on my windows 7 OS i am not able to anaylse my files. I also downloaded the crates (spcial filters 12A 11A .. etc ) but i dont know why should this be an issue..... i will keep nagging until you fix it!!! or tell me why it isnt working.
So please help.
And if you fix this .. make AUTO playliSts availbale in SERATO ALREADY.
and some more filter options.. like file path filters.

p.s. my pc is i7 proccessor!!! 8GB so is not this kind of issue....
but the fact is that i have between 1 and 2 TB of music and more then 50 specialised filters whic depend on genre.. artists bpm and more.

and i do have a sym link for my documents folder since operating systems often are on low disk 125 Gb where usually alos my music folder with serato folders are.

I have also music on two separate dsicks which are all integrated one music folder is on D Disk and the other is on G disc where as my C disc contains my music folder and my serato program.( or at least music folder with diffrent _serato_ folders..
and i am aware that every disk has its own "music" Serato folder on each of the discs. which i assume are some tables for serato to quickly read music from diffrent discs in my case disc G and Disc D.

If you ahve any ideas what is causing the problem and how to find it please help.
Teh fact is that since i made the sym links for the documents folder.. (which by the way for virtual dj works perfectly .. since i ahve to use this one.. until serato works..).. and.. i downloaded the 1.3.9. uprade.. it keeps crashing.. and i cannot find the problem. I wrote something to you gys on facebook already showing you screen shoots. and stuff. that i tried.. with steps.. but i am still waiting for the answer on how to resolve my issues.
Ty in advance
Jan = MC Apollo
david07 9:15 PM - 1 October, 2016
sdj 1.9.3 the best version windows user,tested win10 with i7 3610qm (hd4000 graphics) 8gb ram,sl3 hardware + technics turntables time code, not problem
Natz 11:07 PM - 1 October, 2016
Evening,

I like many others on here I have just downgraded back to 1.9.1 as much more stable (very occassional dropout if any), unlike this 1.9.3 that has dropouts all over the place, simply just playing a track in INT mode is unstable.

I did all the guided optimization - I had no spikes in cpu, it peaked at 25% usage.

And has anyone else noticed you can actually see the platter position indicator tripping up during the dropouts?

Could it be that the extra visual enhancements in 1.9.3 are putting more requirements on the video adapter causing the dropouts?

Running Win7, core i3 2.6ghz sandy bridge/intel HD 3000 graphics, 10gb ram 1Tb hdd
works great with 1.9.1
mixgoonie 7:04 AM - 2 October, 2016
Windows 7 = Issues, WIndows 8 and 10 no issues.

It really seems issues are starting with Windows 7.

Windows 7 no issues on 1.9.2 but yes on 1.9.3
popnwave 1:36 PM - 2 October, 2016
Quote:

Wonder what changed in 1.9.3 that causes Win7 chaos? ... hmmmm
MC Apollo 3:16 PM - 2 October, 2016
Time of this report: 9/27/2016, 22:48:17
Machine name: JAN-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_ldr.160902-0600)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: H97M-D3H
BIOS: BIOS Date: 06/28/14 19:32:20 Ver: 04.06.05
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8058MB RAM
Page File: 2738MB used, 13373MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode
mixgoonie 6:58 PM - 2 October, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Wonder what changed in 1.9.3 that causes Win7 chaos? ... hmmmm

Now that is just a theory, but it really seems that only Windows 7 is concerned.
DJ DAF GUZMAN 9:05 PM - 2 October, 2016
IM HAVING THESE ISSUES AS WELL IF I KNEW WHAT I KNOW NOW I WOULD OF LEFT MINES AT 1.9.1 I SWEAR I NEVER HAD AN ISUUE UNTIL NOW..DID A GIG LAST NIGHT AND IT TOTALLY THREW ME OFF WITH ALL THE FREEZING UP AND THE TRACK NOT LOADING IN THE INSTANT...SOMETHING REALLY HAS TO BE DONE OR IM JUST GONNA SWITCH OUT TO REKORDBOX....
alec.tron 10:46 PM - 2 October, 2016
Quote:
DJ DAF GUZMAN 10:05 AM - 3 October, 2016
IM HAVING THESE ISSUES AS WELL

File a support ticket & report your specs.
That's the only way to give Serato a chance to fix it as well if they have people reporting it.
c.
djmacklong 2:47 AM - 3 October, 2016
Quote:
IM HAVING THESE ISSUES AS WELL IF I KNEW WHAT I KNOW NOW I WOULD OF LEFT MINES AT 1.9.1 I SWEAR I NEVER HAD AN ISUUE UNTIL NOW..DID A GIG LAST NIGHT AND IT TOTALLY THREW ME OFF WITH ALL THE FREEZING UP AND THE TRACK NOT LOADING IN THE INSTANT...SOMETHING REALLY HAS TO BE DONE OR IM JUST GONNA SWITCH OUT TO REKORDBOX....

WHY ARE YOU YELLING?

and are you on Windows 7?
Ragman 3:16 AM - 3 October, 2016
Quote:

Or you could go back to 1.9.1 ... !!!!!!
Supagee 5:29 AM - 3 October, 2016
Seems there are a few people in this thread that don't realize you can have more than one version of serato running on your computer.

Personally i have 3 installed at all times.
mixgoonie 8:53 AM - 3 October, 2016
Thanks Kane D for the update.

Waiting for upcomming release/Fix/beta.
Mauro Verdoliva 11:22 AM - 3 October, 2016
As me...
I'm waiting an 1.9.4 with all the fix... SOON
CanaroMix 9:48 PM - 3 October, 2016
Quote:
Seems there are a few people in this thread that don't realize you can have more than one version of serato running on your computer.

Personally i have 3 installed at all times.

ottimo... saresti così gentile da spiegare come è possibile fare, magari con finestre?
al tempo di scratcht live era abbastanza semplice farlo, ma con seratoDJ mi sembra un po' più complicato:
grazie

great ... would you be kind enough to explain how you can do, even with the windows?
at the time of scratcht live it was pretty easy to do, but with seratoDJ it seems a bit 'more complicated:
thank you
Serato, Support
Dave. 10:31 PM - 3 October, 2016
Hey CanaroMix,

Check this out for how to install multiple versions of Serato DJ: support.serato.com
CanaroMix 10:54 PM - 3 October, 2016
mitico! con questo metodo funziona, grazie

mythical! with this method works, thanks
Supagee 4:12 AM - 4 October, 2016
simply re-label each version of the install so they have different names and you can install as many versions as you want.
Dj Stone (Kenya) 8:33 PM - 5 October, 2016
Quote:
Serato Dj 1.9.3 has excess dropouts and i can't load new tracks while playing because it freezes with numerous clicks.....my goodness is this really from serato.com. It's full of bugs.

Any soutions?

Now I've changed to win 8.1 and got the necessary drivers....

Serato 1.9.3 now working perfect...I love the sound quality/
katmoda 8:44 PM - 5 October, 2016
glad to hear it's working for you ;)
mixgoonie 8:21 AM - 6 October, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Any soutions?

Now I've changed to win 8.1 and got the necessary drivers....

Serato 1.9.3 now working perfect...I love the sound quality/

If it is on the same laptop, that means indeed something is wrong with SDJ 1.9.3 and Windows 7.
Dj Stone (Kenya) 12:56 AM - 12 October, 2016
yes it the same laptop
toney.bg 3:19 PM - 23 November, 2016
Gentlemen,
Anybody tried 1.9.4 on Win 7?
I didn't wanna be the first kid on the block to try it, but it's been a while, and i still don't hear anything.
DJCarlosFandango 5:09 PM - 23 November, 2016
Yeah I upgraded last weekend, no issues yet.
but its only a minor update.....
popnwave 6:07 PM - 23 November, 2016
Quote:
Gentlemen,
I didn't wanna be the first kid on the block to try it, but it's been a while, and i still don't hear anything.

Unless you have one of the 2 new controllers or the bug fixes listed, DO NOT DO IT.
mixgoonie 7:10 PM - 23 November, 2016
Specially with Windows 7...
Serato
Geoff.B 9:58 PM - 24 November, 2016
Serato DJ 1.9.5 Public Beta is now out, which contains a fix for the Windows 7 performance issue introduced in 1.9.3. The issue also affected other platforms, but not as severely.

Feel free to join the Beta at serato.com
Big Pops 1:42 AM - 25 November, 2016
Geoff.B there is a bug with the midi light keep blinking red and yellow, there is no audio drop out though. Start getting this issue since 1.9.4.
Using a Numark NV
13 MacPro with 2,5 i5 with 16GBRAM and 500GB SSB
never had this issue before 1.9.4.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 3:27 AM - 25 November, 2016
Hey Big Pops

It sounds like you are getting close to having dropouts, but aren't quite experiencing them. There's no specific reason why you should be seeing the light more in Serato DJ 1.9.4, but there are lots of factors that can lead to it.

Can I ask you to open a help request with the support team by clicking the 'Open Help Request' button next to the comment box so one of the team can work with you directly and figure out what's going on for you.

Cheers, Aaron
Serato
Geoff.B 3:31 AM - 25 November, 2016
If the dropout warning is lighting more frequently, it might possibly be related to the original topic of this thread. You could try out 1.9.5 Beta and see if it improves.
Big Pops 3:34 AM - 25 November, 2016
I try the 1.9.5 beta and there is little improvement, Geoff.B I never had this issue before updating to 1.9.4.
Serato
Geoff.B 3:36 AM - 25 November, 2016
In that case, follow Aaron's advice. He's from our Support Team. I'm a developer, and was only popping into this thread as a courtesy to people who were following that particular issue.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 4:21 AM - 25 November, 2016
Hey Big Pops

Best to open up a help request so one of the team can dig into it with you. There's a number of different things that could cause the light to trigger more often so we'll need to work through the possibilities.

Thanks man
Big Pops 9:23 AM - 25 November, 2016
Hi Aaron I did open a help request
Serato, Support
Aaron E 7:14 AM - 27 November, 2016
Nice one Big Pops, one of the team will be with you soon.

Cheers
mixgoonie 6:54 PM - 27 November, 2016
Issue indeed solved with the beta, it is stable, waiting for the final release.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 8:34 PM - 27 November, 2016
Great to hear mixgoonie, thanks for the report :)
John Calipari 5:03 PM - 28 November, 2016
Even in Offline Mode, I could tell 1.95 Beta was an improvement.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 8:29 PM - 28 November, 2016
Awesome, thanks John. We were pretty happy with it before putting it out, but the true test always comes from you guys.
Nintendub 6:57 PM - 29 November, 2016
Quote:
Gentlemen,

Yea just did a fresh install and it's broken broken broken, steer well clear.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 8:43 PM - 29 November, 2016
Hey Nintendub, have you tried the Serato DJ 1.9.5 Beta?

We are getting a lot of positive reports from Windows 7 users that the issues they were facing in 1.9.3 have been resolved with this version and we're keen to hear from as many people as possible.

You can get the beta version here: serato.com

Cheers, Aaron
Dj Phokiss 4:27 AM - 2 December, 2016
I ran back to 1.8 after trying 1.9.1 and 1.9.2 and they were both HORRIBLE for me on my 2010 Macbook Pro. 8GB ram. I wonder if 1.9.4 is less processor intensive?
DJ Baby Boy 5:53 AM - 2 December, 2016
Quote:
I ran back to 1.8 after trying 1.9.1 and 1.9.2 and they were both HORRIBLE for me on my 2010 Macbook Pro. 8GB ram. I wonder if 1.9.4 is less processor intensive?

I think you'd be better off staying with older versions based on the age of your machine because even the highest spec 2010 is still only a duo core i7 ... Any time you move to a newer software version (with pretty much any program) you're more than likely going to experience more issues when using an older machine ... The further apart the age of hardware & software (Older software in comparrison to hardware is typically ok) the more issues you may experience
Dj Phokiss 8:17 AM - 2 December, 2016
Quote:

I think you'd be better off staying with older versions based on the age of your machine because even the highest spec 2010 is still only a duo core i7 ... Any time you move to a newer software version (with pretty much any program) you're more than likely going to experience more issues when using an older machine ... The further apart the age of hardware & software (Older software in comparrison to hardware is typically ok) the more issues you may experience

I would agree with you for the most part! But it couldn't be just an older Mac. So I did a little research and some DJ's with newer macs also had issues. Just did a test run with 1.9.4 for the heck of it tonight and it was a lot better BUT I did have two USB dropouts. Needless to say, I'm satisfied with 1.8.2. Its solid as a rock and thats what I'll gig with!
DJ Baby Boy 9:25 AM - 2 December, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

I would agree with you for the most part! But it couldn't be just an older Mac. So I did a little research and some DJ's with newer macs also had issues. Just did a test run with 1.9.4 for the heck of it tonight and it was a lot better BUT I did have two USB dropouts. Needless to say, I'm satisfied with 1.8.2. Its solid as a rock and thats what I'll gig with!

There will always be exceptions and yes there has been people with new/er machines that have also been having issues and some of that could be because certain serato hardware and there is also people with older machines that are running no problem ... Luckily I've been one of the few with absolutely zero issues and I'm on a 2012 MBP ... I am glad to hear that 1.9.4 is running better for you though opposed to 1.9.2/3
Ragman 6:51 PM - 2 December, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

You need to try 1.9.5 beta.
DJ Quartz 1:10 AM - 3 December, 2016
I was just going to say you could give the 1.9.5 beta a spin as well since they did memory optimizations, etc...
Serato, Support
Aaron E 10:10 PM - 4 December, 2016
Hey DJ Phokiss

Great you find 1.9.4 to be an improvement, but totally understand sticking with what you feel confident with for now.

Also agree with Ragman and DJ Quartz (thanks guys :) about giving the 1.9.5 Beta a run when you have a chance. There are some good performance improvements in this release.

Beta access here -->> serato.com

Cheers, Aaron
DJ Tecniq 6:28 AM - 5 December, 2016
Quote:
Hey DJ Phokiss

Great you find 1.9.4 to be an improvement, but totally understand sticking with what you feel confident with for now.

Also agree with Ragman and DJ Quartz (thanks guys :) about giving the 1.9.5 Beta a run when you have a chance. There are some good performance improvements in this release.

Beta access here -->> serato.com

Cheers, Aaron
Cool is the column resizing fixed this is very annoying. Number column keeps resizing everytime I open SDJ...#itsbuggin
Serato, Support
Aaron E 12:08 AM - 6 December, 2016
Quote:
Cool is the column resizing fixed this is very annoying. Number column keeps resizing everytime I open SDJ...#itsbuggin

Hey Tecniq, that's not an issue we're aware of I'm afraid. Do you mean you change the column width, close and open SDJ, and your column is back to its default size?

If so, there could be a couple of different reasons this may be happening for you and it would be best to open up a help request to troubleshoot the issue directly with one of the team.

Thanks, Aaron
DJ Tecniq 12:12 AM - 6 December, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Hey Tecniq, that's not an issue we're aware of I'm afraid. Do you mean you change the column width, close and open SDJ, and your column is back to its default size?

If so, there could be a couple of different reasons this may be happening for you and it would be best to open up a help request to troubleshoot the issue directly with one of the team.

Thanks, Aaron
Negative. Yes it keeps resizing every single time. It's a clean install of Yosemite w/fresh install of SDJ. It is not my problem it is the software.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 12:28 AM - 6 December, 2016
Ah okay, thanks for the info.

At this stage we haven't had any other reports of this behaviour and can't reproduce it on various configurations. Did it first start happening after the fresh install of Yosemite and Serato DJ 1.9.4?

Like I say, there could be a few different reasons why this is happening for you and it would be good to get you working directly with one of the team to get to the bottom of it. Hit us up with a help request man - this is a thread focussed on a particular issue with SDJ 1.9.3 on (mostly) Windows 7 machines.

Cheers
DJ Tecniq 12:31 AM - 6 December, 2016
Quote:
Ah okay, thanks for the info.

At this stage we haven't had any other reports of this behaviour and can't reproduce it on various configurations. Did it first start happening after the fresh install of Yosemite and Serato DJ 1.9.4?

Like I say, there could be a few different reasons why this is happening for you and it would be good to get you working directly with one of the team to get to the bottom of it. Hit us up with a help request man - this is a thread focussed on a particular issue with SDJ 1.9.3 on (mostly) Windows 7 machines.

Cheers
Just to clarify it is also happening with 1.9.2 as I just tried it.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 12:40 AM - 6 December, 2016
Quote:
Just to clarify it is also happening with 1.9.2 as I just tried it.

Yes, makes sense it will happen across multiple versions if the issue is local. It sounds like there may be a problem with one of your preference files. Hit us up with a help request and one of the team can walk you through troubleshooting.
DJNemesis831 4:29 PM - 21 February, 2017
Here's y 2 cents on this thread:

For PC users:
Watchwww.youtube.com
&
Watchwww.youtube.com

-If you're on WIN 7 make sure you have all your firmware and updates done.
-Run Malwarebytes to make sure there are no underlying problems

BIG NOTE: If you are using a older PC, please take into consideration that with evolution and the demands of software, Serato cannot be responsible if your computer can't handle the load.

For MAC users; Same thing:
Watchwww.youtube.com
&
Watchwww.youtube.com

Optimize your computer based on these 2 videos done by Serato.

Majority of the time there is firmware updates that are not released on the Serato site so you may have to check the site of the manufacturer of the device you are using just as a precaution.

I'm a daily user/troubleshooter for an audio company, and I use Win7, Win8, Win10 and Mac OSx for my work and personal use. A good few of these issues that I believe people are having can be resolved by these tips.

NEVER update ANY software/firmware before a gig. Do that in down time to make sure not to mess up perfect setup.

I've had issues in my past. Sometimes ya just need to take a step back, breath and try to assess the problem and find a solution. Not saying that Serato is perfect, but they always come around with a fix.

Just tryna help....
KateUptonNYC 5:41 PM - 21 February, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
I just use pnt
i think PNT may be the cause. I had latency issues with it even on my Mac. It's also very horrible for scratching and is not supposed to be used 24/7 while playing out.

This.

PNT is the issue. Usually, kind of as a rule of thumb.

If a piece of software starts having problems, its usually whatever the newest introduction is that is causing the problem.