first of all, here are my specs

Thinkpad 510
I5
8 GB Ram
1x SSD 1TB
1x WD 1TB

Windows 7 64 bit

Pioneer S9

I just installed the new version 1.9.3. I can't believe what I see. The buffer indicator is flashing red and orange (never had before). I can bring up the buffer to the maximum and the light keeps flashing.

I can't use my version 1.9.1 anymore. I had to deinstall the new version and reinstall the older version, which worked.

I can understand that sometimes (like in 1.9.2) a release is a little bit buggy. We are all human. That shit happend. But with another release having the same or another shit , is unbelievable.

Greetz
Andreas
shatakaan 7:39 AM - 22 September, 2016
PS: Both hdds are internal
Laz219 7:50 AM - 22 September, 2016
Have you contact support to try and work through the issues?
Have you optimized?
shatakaan 7:58 AM - 22 September, 2016
My laptop is optimized. I use ssl since 1.6 or so and sdj since it came out. I never had problems. Now with 1.9.2 and 1.9.3 it is horrible. I cannot understand, why a product is now more unstable than before.
shatakaan 8:01 AM - 22 September, 2016
And I forget to mention, that I have little distorted sounds and artefacts with 1.9.3
DJ Tecniq 11:55 AM - 22 September, 2016
Not good but keep in mind with every new SDJ version it may require more CPU. They are making the software more bulky with their added features so pretty much they are forcing you to purchase a better laptop. That's the way this works. Stability is not their main focus they are developers so they will just expand. It's a money maker for them. If no luck try reinstalling Windows or any updates needed including drivers. Good luck
shatakaan 12:01 PM - 22 September, 2016
I don't need a new laptop. I also use ableton with a motu with almost best settings and have no problems. Even in a live situation. The CPU can't be the problem.
DJ Tecniq 12:06 PM - 22 September, 2016
Quote:
I don't need a new laptop. I also use ableton with a motu with almost best settings and have no problems. Even in a live situation. The CPU can't be the problem.
Right but SDJ is prob eating up your CPU. When connected how is your CPU bar in SDJ? If it's lower than 50% then it's either just the software or something else. Disable wifi as well.
shatakaan 12:09 PM - 22 September, 2016
CPU is under 50 percent. I would say it's around 20 percent. Wi-Fi is off. No other programs are running. Laptop is totally optimised.
DJ Tecniq 12:13 PM - 22 September, 2016
Quote:
CPU is under 50 percent. I would say it's around 20 percent. Wi-Fi is off. No other programs are running. Laptop is totally optimised.
Damn have you scanned for corrupt files? I have gotten audio pause 1-2 secs glitch on my Mac with no CPU warning at all I think it's just their software to be honest. And my Mac is well over the recommended specs. I don't really care for 1.9.3 though.
shatakaan 12:20 PM - 22 September, 2016
I also do not have any corrupt files :-) I got a reply clean system :-)
DJ Tecniq 12:50 PM - 22 September, 2016
Quote:
Well I also hate to say this but it is true. Serato seems to work incredibly better on a Mac system. Windows is 3rd party so likely driver/hardware etc are possible causes of interruptions with the program. However Mac is all in one dealing with less 3rd party software/hardware. To put it bluntly there are more problems facing Windows machines than Mac. You may have to optimize the hell out of it to get it to function normal. This may or may not help but try scanning your laptop for malware/spyware with malwarebytes which is free๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป it may clean your system out more than you know.
Mauro Verdoliva 12:50 PM - 22 September, 2016
same problem
dropout yellow red
never seen before 1.9.1
i open a ticket with serato
very very very very annoyed
shatakaan 12:52 PM - 22 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Well I also hate to say this but it is true. Serato seems to work incredibly better on a Mac system. Windows is 3rd party so likely driver/hardware etc are possible causes of interruptions with the program. However Mac is all in one dealing with less 3rd party software/hardware. To put it bluntly there are more problems facing Windows machines than Mac. You may have to optimize the hell out of it to get it to function normal. This may or may not help but try scanning your laptop for malware/spyware with malwarebytes which is free๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป it may clean your system out more than you know.

There can't be malware. No use of the Internet. Only for registration of serato and ableton.
Mauro Verdoliva 12:53 PM - 22 September, 2016
dear dj tecniq please don't say mac is better win... etc etc...
because my sony vaio i5 8gb ram etc... optimized... ect.. at 1.9.1 play PERFECTLY and i'm
a VJAY....
1.9.3 is an upgrade orrible, stop!!!!
shatakaan 12:54 PM - 22 September, 2016
Quote:
because my sony vaio i5 8gb ram etc... optimized... ect.. at 1.9.1 play PERFECTLY and i'm
a VJAY....

Word :-)
DJ Tecniq 12:57 PM - 22 September, 2016
Quote:
There can't be malware. No use of the Internet. Only for registration of serato and ableton.
Malware/spyware can come from any website even Facebook w/o you ever knowing you have it. I would say to rule out everything reinstall the operating system and completely wipe it out if indeed you still have problems then it is the SDJ software๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿผ only way to truly find out.
DJ Tecniq 12:59 PM - 22 September, 2016
Quote:
a VJAY....
Never said it's better Serato just seems to be more stable with Mac. All pc's are different and will differ esp made with different parts.
Chino 2:10 PM - 22 September, 2016
If you haven't done so already, double check to make sure that you have the latest firmware/drivers for your S9.
DJ Tecniq 2:49 PM - 22 September, 2016
I would also suggest as a test to try a new USB cable the ones that ship with the s9 are quite flimsy. I'm getting at least 1 or 2 audio dropouts with my s9 however no CPU light ever flashes. Is it possible it's the cable? They are thin cables compared to my SL3. Maybe this is the culprit.
shatakaan 3:12 PM - 22 September, 2016
No the cable is not the problem. I got a new one.
J. Hand 3:27 PM - 22 September, 2016
Here's an article on audio dropouts that might help troubleshoot any issues:

djtechtools.com
DJ Tecniq 3:52 PM - 22 September, 2016
Quote:
No the cable is not the problem. I got a new one.
interesting cause I've had slight 1-2 sec audio drop. It is not even really an audio dropout the sound kind of just cuts off no distortion at all. Very odd and happens with just my s9 no other devices even running off the USB port. So it's got me wondering.
shatakaan 4:13 PM - 22 September, 2016
I've tried my sl3 too. Same problems like with the s9.
DevonMTL 4:22 PM - 22 September, 2016
serato dj 1.9.3 is working fine for me. i m using a mb i7 , 16gb, 500gb ssd. with pitch n time and video on. btw i m still on yosemite.
DevonMTL 4:23 PM - 22 September, 2016
i m using a ddj sz.
GusGomez 4:45 PM - 22 September, 2016
It looks like the issues I've seen are windows users I don't see any MBP users with bugs or drop outs
John Calipari 6:49 PM - 22 September, 2016
Quote:
Hi everyone,

first of all, here are my specs

Thinkpad 510
I5
8 GB Ram
1x SSD 1TB
1x WD 1TB

Windows 7 64 bit

Pioneer S9

I just installed the new version 1.9.3. I can't believe what I see. The buffer indicator is flashing red and orange (never had before). I can bring up the buffer to the maximum and the light keeps flashing.

I can't use my version 1.9.1 anymore. I had to deinstall the new version and reinstall the older version, which worked.

I can understand that sometimes (like in 1.9.2) a release is a little bit buggy. We are all human. That shit happend. But with another release having the same or another shit , is unbelievable.

Greetz
Andreas

You do realize that why Betas are released? For DJ's to use and report problems back to the Serato Development team to fix and release subsequent betas up to the final release.

If your not reporting your issues with details back to the Serato Development team, your not using the Beta release for it's intended purpose.
Versipellis 7:40 PM - 22 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

This makes me laugh.
DJ Quartz 3:22 AM - 23 September, 2016
To the Windows guys, I'm wondering if that DPC latency gremlin is surfacing again.

www.thesycon.de
DJ Quartz 4:53 AM - 23 September, 2016
I'm just curious about something, can you disable all your network adapters and see if you still get buffer/drop out issues?
Ragman 5:37 AM - 23 September, 2016
I have an HP Envy Lappy with the following specs:
Windows 10 Pro / 16G RAM / i7-6700HQ-Quad Core / 2TB + 2TB 5400RPM Dual HDD.

I'm still using 1.9.3 Public Beta and haven't had any issues. I use the efx packs, sampler, flip, PnT and video. I'll try the new release this weekend and report back if I notice a difference. If more DJs start to report problems with 1.9.3, Serato needs to look into with the quickness.

By the way, a little advice to all you DJs. Never bless the first iteration of a new app version until you're sure it's stable. Nothing wrong with keeping the most stable version that's working for you installed even if you install the new version. Serato is an excellent software company but can make mistake like any other app company. In other words, look before you leap. Very good habit in life period.
dj zaza 5:41 AM - 23 September, 2016
I of surface pro i7 4 16gb RAM and 512 ssd, I receive the red dot and yellow only when I connect my 62, then no problem, this also happens on my MacBook Pro i7. I do not understand why Serato has abandoned the policy of creating a slight scratch live software as it was, speaking for myself, I do not. Never use the sampler in my evenings, I like to mix as it has always done, I do not think that on an evening should perform as a scratch race, now all have sampler in their programs, but let's face it serves really have all these frills when It becomes an evening. I'd like to know if any one of you a night when he performs as if in video djCity, or mixes the old way. then this is just my opinion, but it has lost the taste to mix in music. having too much to handle then leads to many problems, but I do not speak only of Serato, but of all.
Ragman 5:46 AM - 23 September, 2016
Quote:
I of surface pro i7 4 16gb RAM and 512 ssd, I receive the red dot and yellow only when I connect my 62, then no problem, this also happens on my MacBook Pro i7. I do not understand why Serato has abandoned the policy of creating a slight scratch live software as it was, speaking for myself, I do not. Never use the sampler in my evenings, I like to mix as it has always done, I do not think that on an evening should perform as a scratch race, now all have sampler in their programs, but let's face it serves really have all these frills when It becomes an evening. I'd like to know if any one of you a night when he performs as if in video djCity, or mixes the old way. then this is just my opinion, but it has lost the taste to mix in music. having too much to handle then leads to many problems, but I do not speak only of Serato, but of all.

This is why many DJs like myself are still using SSL as well as SDJ. Very little overhead and it is not a heavy program so the experience is a lot better than with SDJ. But that's trade off with SDJ. They're trying to give us all the features we want but the application suffer with all that bloat.
dj zaza 5:54 AM - 23 September, 2016
unfortunately on my surface I can not install the driver ssl myself on the MacBook still use SSL. someone managed to install or ssl driver on Windows 10. I have always found any device.
snufbox 7:48 AM - 23 September, 2016
I played out last night 5hour set with 1.9.3 and had no issues at all.

Specs: MBP 13" late 2012, i7 2.9gHz, 16 ram, el cap, 256gb ssd and 500gb ssd in optical drive.
Mauro Verdoliva 12:30 PM - 23 September, 2016
i think 1.9.3. has issues only on windows platform... and this is a black hole for me...
is not right for many, many, many win user... as me!!
untill 1.9.1. ZERO, I REPEAT ZERO ISSUES, DROPOUT, FREEZ ETC..
WHY FROM 1.9.2. THIS DISASTER??

SERATO WAKE UP!!!
Mauro Verdoliva 12:32 PM - 23 September, 2016
ALSO: UNTIL 1.9.1 I 'VE USED SDJ IN:
CONTROLLER MODE
TIME CODE MODE
HID MODE
ZERO ISSUES WITH THE SAME SONY VAIO...
NOW...
Laz219 12:41 PM - 23 September, 2016
Have you contact support at all?
If you don't make them aware of issues directly- they won't know they exist.
They can obviously only test with a limited scope of hardware, so there can always be unknown issues.
nio1982 1:22 PM - 23 September, 2016
In windows environment with i7, 16gb, 256 gb ssd and 1 tb wd + vestax vci-380 i have problems with the waveform. It is blinking like a not good stream. But only the one not both. I switch back to 1.91 because with 1.9.2 i had a lot of disconnections and everything is fine. So the problem is not due to my computer. As i can see in the beta area there are a lot of problems out there with the last version. I think that they are always making updates to support new products but unfortunately they don't pay so much attention to forums in order to solve problems that still remain unsolved. They have to understand that first of all is the stability and everything else come after. Yes we have to support roland but we have to solve also previous issues. And please open the mapping code in order to map our equipment as we wish. All the other software have strong capabilities in mapping area and here we can't even map a shift button.
Laz219 1:26 PM - 23 September, 2016
Quote:
In windows environment with i7, 16gb, 256 gb ssd and 1 tb wd + vestax vci-380 i have problems with the waveform. It is blinking like a not good stream. But only the one not both. I switch back to 1.91 because with 1.9.2 i had a lot of disconnections and everything is fine. So the problem is not due to my computer. As i can see in the beta area there are a lot of problems out there with the last version. I think that they are always making updates to support new products but unfortunately they don't pay so much attention to forums in order to solve problems that still remain unsolved. They have to understand that first of all is the stability and everything else come after. Yes we have to support roland but we have to solve also previous issues. And please open the mapping code in order to map our equipment as we wish. All the other software have strong capabilities in mapping area and here we can't even map a shift button.

I reiterate...

Quote:
Have you contact support at all?
If you don't make them aware of issues directly- they won't know they exist.
They can obviously only test with a limited scope of hardware, so there can always be unknown issues.
popnwave 6:12 PM - 23 September, 2016
1.9.3 doesn't work? Don't use it until you exhaust your support options, fix it, or wait for another update.

I swear some of you DJs need your hand held every update.

And stop with the SSL nonsense already, it's been YEARS since that group of folks moved on, do you pine over your EX girlfriends this much? Either keep rocking out on it or rip the band aid off and move to SDJ.
PopRoXxX 6:44 PM - 23 September, 2016
Quote:

This! ๐Ÿ˜†

Quote:
And stop with the SSL nonsense already, it's been YEARS since that group of folks moved on, do you pine over your EX girlfriends this much? Either keep rocking out on it or rip the band aid off and move to SDJ.

And this!! lol ๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ”ซ
DJ Quartz 10:58 PM - 23 September, 2016
You ask a direct question and nobody answers but keep complaining about issues. Sigh...
monkeyfunk 11:45 PM - 23 September, 2016
Quote:
It looks like the issues I've seen are windows users I don't see any MBP users with bugs or drop outs

Uh, actually I'm one. Nothing's changed in my set-up apart from upgrading Serato and I've had endless dropouts tonight after a rock solid experience on 1.8.

People leaving, managers coming up asking what the problem is.

Love Serato's onward development, but can;t we have the ability to switch off what we don't use to save CPU ?

And weirdly when dropping out, the CPU monitor doesn't change
Ragman 6:05 AM - 24 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Uh, actually I'm one. Nothing's changed in my set-up apart from upgrading Serato and I've had endless dropouts tonight after a rock solid experience on 1.8.

People leaving, managers coming up asking what the problem is.

Love Serato's onward development, but can;t we have the ability to switch off what we don't use to save CPU ?

And weirdly when dropping out, the CPU monitor doesn't change

You do realize you could have kept 1.8 installed on your laptop along with the 1.9.3 or any other version. And then you could have simply went back to the version that was working the best for you tonight.
938MyDJ 7:22 AM - 24 September, 2016
And it seems like these Windows users didn't do any Beta testing at all.

Apple vs Orange...

Proven again that Apple wins!
dj zaza 7:51 AM - 24 September, 2016
I have no problems there of window it on Mac, lucky me. only red and yellow light when you connect the mixer, then never had drop out.
snufbox 9:19 AM - 24 September, 2016
This
Quote:
You ask a direct question and nobody answers but keep complaining about issues. Sigh...

Good.

And this
Quote:
1.9.3 doesn't work? Don't use it until you exhaust your support options, fix it, or wait for another update.

V good!
djmacklong 10:02 AM - 24 September, 2016
4 hour set tonight on Sierra, 1.9.3, and a Rane 62. No issues whatsoever.
muzikmysta 2:16 PM - 24 September, 2016
Played on my friends mac lastnight latest 1.9.3 installed an DDJ SX2 4hour set and did not encounter any issues everything worked flawlessly now updating new version on my mac...... his mac specs..... intel i5 / OSX Yosmite / 4GB Ram we both have d same spec mac
PopRoXxX 7:23 PM - 24 September, 2016
Yosemite, El Capitan & Sierra with Pioneer SRT, SZ, S9 and Rane 57mkII.

No issues at all with SDJ 1.9.3 (or 1.9.2 for that matter)

Smooth performances all day
monkeyfunk 2:05 AM - 25 September, 2016
I totally stand corrected. Seems like whatever issues I was having was as a result of iTunes firing up and trying to connect.

No issues tonight. Another rock solid release from Serato, apologies.
terry tuff 6:38 PM - 26 September, 2016
Quote:
same problem
dropout yellow red
never seen before 1.9.1
i open a ticket with serato
very very very very annoyed

i have the DDJ SR and upgraded to 1.9.3 and have the same issue sound in out buffer indicator is flashing red and orange. Note i did up date my SR divers to 1.100 but still the same problem. So i uninstalled 1.9.3 and went back to 1.9.1 but left drivers 1.100 in now working fine like before. For some reason only 1.9.1 works the best for me.
DJ Yagga 6:45 PM - 26 September, 2016
I might rub a few the wrong way, but PLEASE get yourself a Mac, even a used Mid 2012 model rofl
GusGomez 7:01 PM - 26 September, 2016
Quote:
I might rub a few the wrong way, but PLEASE get yourself a Mac, even a used Mid 2012 model rofl

Agree 100% 9 times out of 10 this will fix the issue.
DJ Quartz 5:20 AM - 27 September, 2016
Quote:

My latest is a Mid 2012 15" and my 2011 became my backup after a mainboard replacement.

Both run solid.
DJ Quartz 5:20 AM - 27 September, 2016

And what are the specs on your Macbook?
mixgoonie 6:57 AM - 27 September, 2016
I've participated to the beta of 1.9.3 aswell of 1.9.2.

First release of beta 1.9.3, midi controls not asnwering.

Second release of beta, no issue at all.

Third, that red and yellow icon started to show up and now final release of 1.9.3 also.

The issue is in that release. I don't have soon a set, so since i prefer so much more the sound in 1.9.3 i leave it that way.

By the way, by error i left my laptop running all night but without playing any song, it was still showing red/yellow icon. Created a ticket as i did.
DJ Cyrix 7:20 AM - 27 September, 2016
Same issue as mixgoonie, win7 laptop with 8GB of ram. Went perfect until last beta version of 1.9.3 and the final release. Don't start with the mac/pc discussion as specs are more than fine according to serato's demands and everything went ok until this release.
mixgoonie 7:23 AM - 27 September, 2016
I have a mabook 2011, don't use it frequently but i have tested it on it, same issue with 1.9.3, don't have red or yellow icon but sometimes it spring 10 seconds of audio.

There is seriously something wrong with this beta and what surprises me much is that i have reported the Yellow/red icon issue during the beta but they decided to release it.

Generally, you ensure all issues reported are solved BEFORE releasing a production release.

Something has changed in the way how Serato do beta testing ?
dj zaza 7:45 AM - 27 September, 2016
I agree, there seems to be a bit 'of superficiality in testing, I have no problem during the performance, I only have red and yellow ball when I connect my 62 for the first time, I also reported this but nothing was resolved. hurry to come out with a new version just to support new hardware, they should tell companies to market or introduce new products only when they will be fully supported. We have a 1.9.3 throwing a tantrum, software that requires more resources than necessary, in addition with roland must have yet another open program for the link between Serato and Roland Software, Adding to those who make use of Serato Video, what you have to have a portable nuclear power. with SSL before we ran the dvs and the bridge with half the power without having problems. It is going beyond the capabilities of what really needs to be done in an evening, now all that create music instantly. an account is djing, another and creating music, do you want to do ok at home you compose your piece and then as a regular DJ put the needle on the record and on. I long for the days when enough a mixer two turntables, and good old briefcase full of discs.
DJ Tecniq 3:05 PM - 27 September, 2016
Quote:
I only have red and yellow ball when I connect my 62 for the first time, I also reported this but nothing was resolved
You're not alone the same happens when I plug my Pioneer S9 in red, yellow flashing light goes off in SDJ with every version has to be a bug or something.
djmacklong 3:18 PM - 27 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
I only have red and yellow ball when I connect my 62 for the first time, I also reported this but nothing was resolved
You're not alone the same happens when I plug my Pioneer S9 in red, yellow flashing light goes off in SDJ with every version has to be a bug or something.

Sounds like a simple startup process while the hardware and software sync up or whatever the technical term is. This happens to me almost every time for a second or two...and then miraculously it's just fine and everything works as it should. Weird how that happens.
DJ Tecniq 3:26 PM - 27 September, 2016
Quote:
Sounds like a simple startup process while the hardware and software sync up or whatever the technical term is. This happens to me almost every time for a second or two...and then miraculously it's just fine and everything works as it should. Weird how that happens.
Yeah I should clarify it only happens when connecting after I have no issues really just odd it happens with 1.9.1, 1.9.2 I have not tried the latest 2.9.3 version does it occur on that one as well?
DJ Tecniq 3:27 PM - 27 September, 2016
1.9.3*
dj zaza 3:32 PM - 27 September, 2016
It does, confirm red dot just to the connection then all right, same problem both Windows and OS X. magically in every version of any one, in 1.8 when I passed from side A to B on vinyl lit the red dot then everything ok. in 1.9 solved this problem, and now there's another one.
dj zaza 3:37 PM - 27 September, 2016
in this conversation there are 2 my videos where you see the problem, on Mac and Windows
dj zaza 3:37 PM - 27 September, 2016
keith jackson 7:16 PM - 27 September, 2016
I have no issues, very stable on my MBP. Love the link function it works great with my Ableton
Mauro Verdoliva 2:47 PM - 28 September, 2016
You're very lucky
Serato, Support
Luke B 3:25 AM - 3 October, 2016
Hey guys,

We are aware of this issue and are investigating.

Please contact Support and provide your computer specifications if you have not already done so, via support.serato.com

If you aren't already, you can still use Serato DJ 1.9.1 while we investigate this, and can install it alongside 1.9.3 using the 'Installing multiple versions of Serato DJ guide' support.serato.com

Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for your patience while we continue to investigate.
DJ Joe K 5:27 PM - 16 October, 2016
I upgraded to 1.9.3 on a PC as well. I've experienced the yellow and red lights. I've also experienced a been in the middle of a set. I can't figure out when the been is going to happen, but it happened maybe once ever 10 minutes or so. I'm sure nobody really noticed, except me, but still.
DJ Shade Chylde 2:47 AM - 17 October, 2016
This Bullshit pertaining to Windows v.s. Mac is getting old.
If someone has an issue, bringing up a DIFFERENT machine than the one they are using is not only counterproductive, but in a TOTALLY nancy-assed passive aggressive way, it boils down to...
School bully sandbox shit.

If you're going to be short tempered in your reply, especially with someone who argues with replies because they don't like the answers, then do it for the RIGHT reason.
Observe:

I currently use a MSI Apache Pro GE72 2QC (upgraded to 32GB RAM) Laptop. ZERO issues EVER with Windows 8.1. It Works Excellently.

Before that, I had an ASUS ROG G750 JM. ZERO issues EVER with W8.1. It Worked Excellently.

Before THAT, I had an HP "Foodstamp Lappy" that cost about $700. Reason to Upgrade to a REAL Laptop.

You are using a laptop that is designed for office and administrative use, and maybe home media/streaming. It is not designed for intensive processes for hours at a time. You can slap all the SSD's and RAM into it that you like, but the bottom line is, it's a piece of crap when it comes to our craft.
Like, "You can't run that in my club" crap.

I can't tell from your vague description what VERSION of the TP 510 you have, but none of them come with cooling protocols/systems, none of them come with an even remotely decent processor, and they are all pretty "Meh"...
You got what you paid for, and now you're trying to fit a square peg into a round hole and arguing with people who tell you it isn't the thing to do.
Get a gaming laptop, and you can smoke (if not at least EQUAL) anyone's MBP.
EVERY time I take my Laptop on the road, to a gig, or even to a party, anyone who knows what they are looking at does a little "something special" in their underwear.
It's time to upgrade.
~Rant Over~
DJ Shade Chylde 2:48 AM - 17 October, 2016
***In the opening line I meant "Operating System/User-Interface" not Different Machine.
Mauro Verdoliva 8:30 AM - 17 October, 2016
Hey dj shade I CAN'T BELIEVE that an I5 with 8gb and much more is not able for serato dj....
The issues are others... not the HARDWARE
DJ Shade Chylde 8:09 PM - 17 October, 2016
Okay dude, I'm not an authority or a Serato tech. I know what hurdles I had to jump, and I know I didn't piss and moan to get over them. That is the only reason I wasted the energy typing here to begin with.
My POINT here is very simple, very cut'n'dry, and very blunt.
Since I upgraded my machine, and then bought a second upgraded machine for no other purpose than my music, I started doing this full time. I live comfortably off my hustle, because I have a "Takes no Shit" attitude, and because I refuse to stop learning or upgrading when necessary.
Since kicking into grind-mode and taking my tools seriously...
I've never had an audio dropout.
Never had to disable wifi.
Never had ANY of the reported "Windows Only" issues.
That alone has led me to believe that it is not the OS, it is the hardware that a person chooses.
My HP piece of crap was an i5, with 8gb RAM, with a standard onboard GPU, and it consistently crapped the bed. It was not a machine made for running intensive processes, even when the proper steps were taken to optimize the damned thing.
Serato SHOULDN'T be considered an "Intensive Process", but for whatever reason, it just behaves that way on sub-par Windows machines.
I learned a long time ago to only buy the best, and to save for the best when the best is outside of my budget. I have patience, and that is actually a key virtue for a DJ working and doing this for more than free beer and ass...
It's all in the level of dedication and the level of what I call "Wanna".
If you don't WANNA, you're not GONNA.
I honestly came here to see why someone was crapping on an update because I thought it would be relevant to my decision to upgrade.
It wasn't. It was an eyesore, and "totally unnecessary".
~Dueces
8823430 8:27 PM - 17 October, 2016
Dj shade

I total agree with you about all laptops .
You should only use it for djing and not for shopping and facebook, twitter etc....
You should buy the most powerful pc you can.
You should get a pc tower with cooling fans and a high spec.
Hanginon 4:22 AM - 18 October, 2016
OK Serato - you heard it here first. According to DJ Shade Chylde, you need at least a $1000 Gaming Laptop to run the new version of Serato DJ without problems. Please add this to the "System Requirements" list.

One of the headers for the Serato Forums reads "Mixing the truth with rumor and speculation". They sure ain't kidding!
DJ Shade Chylde 10:42 PM - 18 October, 2016
Because MBP's are so cheap.
mixgoonie 11:04 PM - 18 October, 2016
My MBP 2011 Intel core I5 has no issues, i put it on WIndows 7, i got issues.

Any kind of laptop could perfectly to handle SDJ from the moment it has a intel core I3 or higher.

I use my laptop for everything (gaming, facebook,...) but i've got a profile kept only for djing.
John Calipari 3:53 PM - 19 October, 2016
Quote:
anyone who knows what they are looking at does a little "something special" in their underwear.

LOL
terry tuff 3:04 PM - 14 November, 2016
Quote:
Hey guys,

We are aware of this issue and are investigating.

Please contact Support and provide your computer specifications if you have not already done so, via support.serato.com

If you aren't already, you can still use Serato DJ 1.9.1 while we investigate this, and can install it alongside 1.9.3 using the 'Installing multiple versions of Serato DJ guide' support.serato.com

Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for your patience while we continue to investigate.

I have the DDJ SR and 1.91 just updated my driver and firmware so i said it`s time for to update to 1.9.2 did that and started having dropout issues and the USB drop out light (yellow/red). So i uninstall it and install 1.9.3 same problem USB drop out light (yellow/red) so i uninstall it and move back down to 1.9.1 and and guess what problem fixed no USB drop out light (yellow/red) right now 1.9.1 is the most stable update for me and i never get dropouts never.
DJ Joe K 5:29 PM - 16 October, 2017
Quote:

I have the DDJ SR and 1.91 just updated my driver and firmware so i said it`s time for to update to 1.9.2 did that and started having dropout issues and the USB drop out light (yellow/red). So i uninstall it and install 1.9.3 same problem USB drop out light (yellow/red) so i uninstall it and move back down to 1.9.1 and and guess what problem fixed no USB drop out light (yellow/red) right now 1.9.1 is the most stable update for me and i never get dropouts never.

1.9.1 has worked best for me to. I did upgrade to 1.9.9 recently. That seems to be better. I think I'm still having issues with the gain though. For some reason, my tracks seem to be playing a lower level than they have in the past.