Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

" remove silence at end of the tracks "

eli dee jay 2:49 PM - 21 September, 2016
i have a suggestion,why dont you add an option that remove silence between tracks when serato is in playlist mode?!!! " remove silence at end of the tracks " this option is very important i think !!

thnx
AKIEM 5:11 PM - 21 September, 2016
I dont think they want people using SDJ in playlist mode for anything but preparation.
eli dee jay 7:48 PM - 21 September, 2016
yes but is an option of serato the playlist mode,so i suggest this option for this!! is a great option for serato this one belive me :)
PolishKluubMafia 9:58 PM - 20 November, 2016
100% agree to this, as a new user to Serato I cant believe this isnt on there.

As a DJ who has used VDJ for years, the automix function has come in very handy for background music (I even use it for family parties).
I have no interest in the software doing the mixing for me so the autoplay is fine.
Having a dead silence at the end of the track is not really acceptable though.

As an example, I am djing my works party next month, I have to set up background music for arrivals and during our meal, its going to sound pretty bad if there are silences at the end of each track.

Surely it cant be hard to add a fade out/fade in with a number of seconds setting? even Spotify has this!

With my new controller (ddj sr) there are no decent mappings for any other software so I am 100% with Serato now, shame I have to use different software if I need to go to the toilet during a gig.

please sort this feature!
eli dee jay 12:45 PM - 21 November, 2016
is a great option this one if the serato add this function in the future updates!i belive that serato will add this great option in the future!
Cwite 11:05 AM - 23 November, 2016
A work around for you if you have Flip.

This is a little long winded, so see if it's worth your time and effort

I had this issue last year. I dont do many gigs outside of clubs but I ended up doing the work party for my day job last year. I needed a background segment coz i was there to party too!

I set up a crate purely for the background segment (as I'm sure you have/will).
I then went through each of these tracks setting the starting point (the actual point you want to hear from the moment it plays) to cue1. Leave the option to "start from first cue point" in the dj preferences unchecked at this point.

Then on each track you need to make a temporary cue point in the dead space at the very end of the track. Not the black bit, go to the grey bit. This grey section is what triggers the next track in auto play.
Now find the perfect fade out point (where you would manually press play on the other deck). Mark this with a cue point.
Go back to just before your fade out point. Arm FLIP then press play, when you get to the fade marker press your dead space cue then stop the flip. Don't forget to turn off flip loop. Save the flip. I call it D.Space so I know what it does. Delete your temp cue points.
Do this for all your background tracks.
Now turn on "play from first cue point" and turn on auto play. Load the first track from your list and watch the magic happen. Each track loads when it gets to where the fade out marker was.

It's not a propper auto mix but it did the job and no one noticed.
eli dee jay 11:41 AM - 23 November, 2016
thnx cwite for your help,but i think the best way is that serato add this option in the next versions.i use ots dj for the bacgroung music and serato for mixing!i hope in the future that serato add this option!!!
Cwite 12:01 PM - 23 November, 2016
Oh it defo needs it! It's been asked for by many people for a couple of years. We shouldn't need a work around. It should defo be integrated. Hell my old CDN88 could do background music better ha ha

In the meanwhile, you OTS it, and I FLIP it :-)

The frustrating thing is if I just want to listen to music at home in the background, spotify does it better than Serato! So I'm totally on board.
eli dee jay 2:29 PM - 23 November, 2016
they will add this option im sure 😂😂😂
PolishKluubMafia 10:33 AM - 7 December, 2016
dont hold your breath

an option for me is to plug into the AUX on my ddj-sr with a Jack to AUX and do the autoplay on VDJ while im away, shame I have to use different software though
eli dee jay 11:21 AM - 7 December, 2016
is a very simple option for the serato this one!is no reason that serato don't add this option in the future updates!!!
PolishKluubMafia 11:30 AM - 7 December, 2016
well they havent done it so far and people have been asking for years
eli dee jay 9:08 PM - 7 December, 2016
is without sense!! if the people want it why serato dont add this function!!i dont understand why!they know,we are only users of this great software😁😁😁
Papa Midnight 2:24 AM - 10 December, 2016
serato.com

(I'm absolutely certain that there's an even older request thread).
eli dee jay 5:01 PM - 10 December, 2016
if the users want it..they need to do this
PolishKluubMafia 3:19 PM - 19 December, 2016
Ive spoken to someone at serato on the back of another discussion, there are no plans for this
eli dee jay 10:09 PM - 23 December, 2016
ok if the think so......but this option is a great point for the serato :)
Sami Puola 2:24 AM - 25 December, 2016
If I find silence at the end of track, that I don't want there, I use Audacity. Simple as that.
Papa Midnight 3:52 AM - 25 December, 2016
Quote:
If I find silence at the end of track, that I don't want there, I use Audacity. Simple as that.

This is inherently impossible with MP3s. By design, the MP3 format adds silence padding to both the beginning and end of a track. Encoders such as LAME can add additional metadata to skip this, allowing players which recognize it to deliver "gapless playback", but there is no define specification for it with MP3s.
eli dee jay 9:37 AM - 28 December, 2016
we are talkink to have this option in serato.to many other software have it!if serato dont like to add this option is not problem!but this option is very importand and serato win to many points if add this option!
Rovi99 8:20 AM - 24 August, 2019
Nothing's moved in the past 3 years, percieved snobiness on the part of Serato.. :(

I've moved to VirtualDJ for automixing, totally easy and refreshing (as opposed to the helpful but clumsy workarounds mentioned), all your serato crates show up and there's even tutorial titled "moving to VirtualDJ from Serato".

I'll have to contact Pioneer to consider pointing to alternate software vendors in future..
helno 10:41 AM - 1 September, 2019
Me too, i bought numark party mix including serato software but when i heard autoplay function for the first time i was shocked. Autoplay function it's absolutely unusable.
Then i bought virtual dj and i have a real autoplay.
DJ Jomz 8:30 PM - 1 October, 2019
+1. Please Serato, either give us a 'remove silence at the end of the track feature' or also add a 'autocrossfade' feature where we can set the time of the crossfade. It sounds awful to run Serato on autoplay when there's 5+ seconds of silence between tracks. Spotify, iTunes, and several competitor DJ software platforms have the autocrossfade feature... so why does Serato lack it? I think the argument about whether it's real-djing or not is a useless argument.

The customer of the DJ is the crowd, and it's much more audibly pleasing to the customer for songs to seamlessly fade from one to the next, as compared to several seconds of dead silence. It just sounds awful. So please keep the customer (i.e., the crowd) in mind when making software feature decisions.
AKIEM 8:55 PM - 1 October, 2019
yes, Serato please remove the DJ from the equation.
-thanks
DJ Jomz 9:03 PM - 1 October, 2019
^ the dj will never be removed from the eq. That is a Logical fallacy.

The dj is responsible for constructing the playlist, setting up the speakers, mics etc. But the dj is an artist and should have as many tools at his/her disposal to in turn please the crowd. The crowd are our customers. Intentionally crippling the software to exclude This feature does nothing to help the end user/customer of DJs. They lose out while we engage in this useless debate about what’s pure and what’s not. They should be kept in mind.
AKIEM 9:15 PM - 1 October, 2019
Quote:
^ the dj will never be removed from the eq. That is a Logical fallacy.

The dj is responsible for constructing the playlist, setting up the speakers, mics etc. But the dj is an artist and should have as many tools at his/her disposal to in turn please the crowd. The crowd are our customers. Intentionally crippling the software to exclude This feature does nothing to help the end user/customer of DJs. They lose out while we engage in this useless debate about what’s pure and what’s not. They should be kept in mind.

The logical fallacy here is the customer loosing out because the DJ wont/cant DJ.

The software is also not intentionally crippled unless that feature is written but being hidden.

Setting up speakers is not DJing.

Building a playlist is also accomplished by software, the same argument applied here can be applied there. 'Dear Serato, the crowd is loosing because I cant/wont build a playlist, please stop hobbling the software and auto generate playlists for me'
DJ Jomz 11:04 PM - 1 October, 2019
I see why this discussion goes nowhere.

Please stay on topic. Nowhere did I ask for autogeneration of any playlists. It’s hard to have a conversation when we’re not discussing the same concepts.

Serato already has an autoplay feature. Why not enhance that existing feature for seamless playback if I can’t be behind the computer station. It’s ridiculous to me to believe that the DJ should remain behind the computer for hours on end all the time. I’m the dj im in control. Why not give me the tools to continue to be able to please the crowd if I need to leave from the computer? I haven’t heard any technical arguments as to why that isn’t a feasible option.
AKIEM 3:01 AM - 2 October, 2019
Quote:
I see why this discussion goes nowhere.

Please stay on topic. Nowhere did I ask for autogeneration of any playlists. It’s hard to have a conversation when we’re not discussing the same concepts.

You mentioned that it is the DJs job to make a playlist. There are people here asking for Serato to generate playlists. They use the same exact argument that you are making. They will say things like 'even if the computer makes the playlist, I am still playing the songs'. Its the same argument. But, it is the DJs job to make a playlist AND play the tracks.

If it is not the DJs job to play the tracks (according to you) and its not the DJs job to make a playlist - then why not have a completely automated system where the DJ does nothing?

Set up speakers?

Go ahead and say you didnt say anything about an auto-playlist.

Quote:

Serato already has an autoplay feature. Why not enhance that existing feature for seamless playback if I can’t be behind the computer station. It’s ridiculous to me to believe that the DJ should remain behind the computer for hours on end all the time. I’m the dj im in control. Why not give me the tools to continue to be able to please the crowd if I need to leave from the computer? I haven’t heard any technical arguments as to why that isn’t a feasible option.

What do you think DJs did when all they had was vinyl? I find it really hard to believe anytype of DJ would ever say its not their job to stand behind the turntables, er computer, and play the music. incredible. DJs might say its not their job to promote, set up speakers, control lights, make announcements - but cmon - stand behind the equipment playing music? wowzers.
DJ Valeryx 10:03 PM - 6 December, 2019
There are private parties, family gigs, longer gigs like corporate, weddings... where a DJ does not mix all the time. So, in such situations automix is required. Now I use either VDJ or pre-recorded mixes for it.
In the main time of course I'm going to mix live, because I like it!

So, guys, if you don't need automix then don't use it! But there are lots of people (I guess all mobile DJs) who need it!
MR DJ CPT 5:41 AM - 8 December, 2019
1st contentious play is what Serato have NOT automix ,Rekordbox GIVES the customer both option so why cant Serato, and so the purist would say that's not Djing I agree, Djing in club you do hour sets,Djing at a wedding you do 10 hour sets so GIVE THE CUSTOMER A OPTION .and we all know rekordbox is a pioneer product