Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

I can't activate serato becuase it isn't connecting to the Internet.

DVYDRMR 7:27 PM - 20 September, 2016
Every time I open serato I press activate and then a box pops up saying Connect to the Internet to access my serato. I'm always connected to the internet so that's not the problem. I've restarted my computer, uninstalled and reinstalled, and everything else I could think of. I'm done with the Intro and I want to upgrade to the full version but the damn program isn't letting me. Pls help.
DJ Tecniq 10:10 PM - 20 September, 2016
Contact support. Activation issues have been a known cause I hear about them all the time on the forum. They'll get it sorted though.
DVYDRMR 1:31 AM - 22 September, 2016
Support hasn't helped. Can anyone help me please?!?! I'm done with the intro version!
Laz219 5:04 AM - 22 September, 2016
do you have a firewall/security program blocking serato access to the internet?
DjSyndic8 6:19 AM - 22 September, 2016
try out Serato DJ 1.93 its out now
DJCarlosFandango 12:40 PM - 23 September, 2016
Quote:
do you have a firewall/security program blocking serato access to the internet?

^ This, something is blocking your outgoing connection to Serato.com
Skream915 5:22 AM - 27 September, 2016
i have the same issue with the connection. havent found a solution to the problem. im going to have to go back to 1.9.2
its not a firewall issue cus i have disabled my firewall and the problem still exist. hope this gets fixed asap.
Miss Kendra French 1:16 AM - 15 August, 2017
I am having the same problem and I have gotten a hold of support and they haven't helped me. Has anyone fixed the problem through support and if so what did they do differently than what has been talked about in this forum?
DjSyndic8 1:28 AM - 15 August, 2017
Quote:
Every time I open serato I press activate and then a box pops up saying Connect to the Internet to access my serato. I'm always connected to the internet so that's not the problem. I've restarted my computer, uninstalled and reinstalled, and everything else I could think of. I'm done with the Intro and I want to upgrade to the full version but the damn program isn't letting me. Pls help.

make sure your login details is correct its the same login you use to access this forum
Miss Kendra French 2:04 AM - 15 August, 2017
How do you log in on the Serato Dj software?
DjSyndic8 2:16 AM - 15 August, 2017
Quote:

when you open serato dj you'll get a screen that asks you to login to serato to verify your subscription
deejdave 3:00 AM - 15 August, 2017
Quote:

Bottom right click "My Serato" tab. Then log in with e-mail account you used to purchase license or subscription.
Miss Kendra French 5:31 AM - 22 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

when you open serato dj you'll get a screen that asks you to login to serato to verify your subscription

No it keeps saying connection timed out.
Miss Kendra French 5:36 AM - 22 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

When I open Serato Dj (remind you I purchase it in July and I have not been able to activate it at all) I don't get asked to login in? All I get when I try to activate it is "internet connection has timed out". I have had many open tickets w/tech and still not resolved.
jsimeonf 7:47 PM - 20 October, 2017
I am having the same problem trying to get my expansion pack, I can't even put my email or password in
DJ Tecniq 7:56 PM - 20 October, 2017
They will have to apologize their activation system never works right. Or maybe their on a holiday like always. It's a shame we pay them for these services😕 #sorrynotsorry
djepik 9:00 PM - 20 October, 2017
I am also having this issue .. I have just recently updated to the latest version of Serato. Have tried different connections... completely DMZ from my router so no firewall protection .. and it's still not working!! Need this for a gig tonight.. someone please help.
NUdisc0 9:26 PM - 20 October, 2017
When all fails, there is Serato Intro or in my case Traktor.
jsimeonf 3:13 PM - 21 October, 2017
I'm beginning to think this is a safari issue, since my safari cannot open the web browser in the serato store. With my old PC I can log in 'my serato'. BUT I need the expansion pack on my mac. I wish serato would let you manually choose which laptop to put your expansion pack directly from the website and not through the software
jsimeonf 2:02 PM - 22 October, 2017
Solution found. Download 1.7.8 and activate it there
retrodymnz 6:56 PM - 31 October, 2017
I tried everything I could to try and log in and sent a video to support showing that my fire wall is off and no anti virus. I'm using fl studio and a windows 8.1 operating system. I can't get pass internet is not connect. I even tried connect to a different connection. Wish they made so u don't have to log in and just do it on the website. I can't find a way to use this program when I bought it on 10/29/17
DjSyndic8 2:31 AM - 1 November, 2017
Quote:
I tried everything I could to try and log in and sent a video to support showing that my fire wall is off and no anti virus. I'm using fl studio and a windows 8.1 operating system. I can't get pass internet is not connect. I even tried connect to a different connection. Wish they made so u don't have to log in and just do it on the website. I can't find a way to use this program when I bought it on 10/29/17

lets start with the basics .... do u have an internet connection? and are you able to browse the internet? are you connected through wifi or lan cable?
retrodymnz 2:43 AM - 1 November, 2017
Yes I do.
DjSyndic8 3:56 AM - 1 November, 2017
what internet browser are you using?
retrodymnz 4:34 AM - 1 November, 2017
Atnt
DjSyndic8 5:10 AM - 1 November, 2017
Quote:
Atnt

retrodymnz work with me here Im trying not to play charades with you, but what does Atnt mean.... tell you what click on this link> support.serato.com and open up your own help request so that one of the serato Mods can help you, its much easier then jumping on someone elses post and asking for help ok,
DJ Tecniq 5:23 AM - 1 November, 2017
I think he meant at&t lol. Just a guess
DjSyndic8 5:28 AM - 1 November, 2017
Quote:
I think he meant at&t lol. Just a guess

lol bro I asked what browser he says atnt Ive never heard of a browser called atnt usually its Firefox or internet explorer or chrome
deejdave 1:18 PM - 1 November, 2017
AT&T is not a browser anyways it is an ISP. As mentioned above though ur best bet is opening a help ticket but do have ur info on hand for them ISP, browser, firewalls, antivirus, and even router which I have heard has caused issues. Have you tried an alternative access point?
DJ Tecniq 1:25 PM - 1 November, 2017
Quote:
what internet browser are you using?
You did say internet maybe his internet provider is at&t which is why he said that. Prob doesn't understand the difference. He's gotta be using internet explorer or something else.
deejdave 11:05 PM - 1 November, 2017
Quote:
He's gotta be using internet explorer or something else.

Well that certainly narrows it down LOL.
DJ BLACKMAFIA 2:11 AM - 3 November, 2017
Download Mix Emergency, spend the extra $100.00 and be happy you did. Just my opinion.
deejdave 2:39 AM - 3 November, 2017
Just curious how this would help anyone connect Serato? Furthermore if they can't connect Serato how will they use Mixemergency. Lastly how did we get onto a video topic?
DJ BLACKMAFIA 2:44 AM - 3 November, 2017
Deejdave,

Good day to you as well. I got low grades in school I failed to pay attention to most topics besides P.E.

If people are having problems with the software and not getting the support they need its time to make a switch.

I only posted today because my fellow DJ is having problems getting Serato Video working after spending a pretty penny on the faith of the goods and services Serato has to Off.
1140829eddy g 10:50 PM - 7 November, 2017
This happened to me. You have to go back to the original supported program example if your a 1.9 and your Mac supports 1.73 then that's where you have to deactivate from so re install at the osx supported. This one gave me a headache but got it lol
DJ BLACKMAFIA 10:59 PM - 7 November, 2017
He’s right! Told my friend the same thing about 6 days ago