Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

Serato DJ 1.9.3 Now Available

10:51 PM, 19 Sep 2016
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
thorissr 12:19 AM - 22 September, 2016
Looking forward to testing it out. Thought maybe you would slip Sierra compatibility in this release, oh well. Thanks Serato!!
dj zaza 7:18 AM - 22 September, 2016
Ok, Now you need to work on the full support higher resolutions, and the wave form in Windows, Recordbox of has a waveform, smooth as Mac, identical performance.
LuisBeyra 12:36 PM - 22 September, 2016
Using one computer with LINK, Serato and Ableton Live with DDJ controller how is the Audio from Ableton routed?
kyle patterson 5:43 PM - 22 September, 2016
serato dj is the best
Bang Ali 6:45 PM - 22 September, 2016
I have some questions regarding the updated sp6-sampler:

1) Sync: Does sync now work in the sampler, as it didn't work in last years version (did not test it with the last version)?
I am aiming at playing a drumloop from the sampler while i play from the deck a song that would have eg. weak drums and i could go on mixing with the other deck...

2) Serato App: Since we have to additional slots for the sampler will the serato app get updated for this?

3) Hardware: Will we need to get (and to wait for) firmware updates to work the a samples with the hardware controller? (In my case the Rane 62 and Pioneer DDJ-SP1)
Serato, Support
Jamie W 8:15 PM - 22 September, 2016
Quote:
Using one computer with LINK, Serato and Ableton Live with DDJ controller how is the Audio from Ableton routed?

Hey Luis,

It really depends on what hardware device you are using.
If the driver support its you will be able to select the device as an audio output in Ableton and then send audio to a selected channel on the device :)

Thanks,
Jamie
Serato, Support
Jamie W 8:18 PM - 22 September, 2016
Hey Bang Ali,

1) Yes sync is now a feature for the sampler in both simple and smart sync options.

2) At this stage I don't have any information on if or when this would be released, but we have thought about it and we would like to look into in the future.

3) No you don't. Mappings have been updated so the SP1 will now control 8 slots instead of 6 :)

Hope that helps.

Thanks
Jamie
DJ Frank Stallone 8:56 PM - 22 September, 2016
Hi Jamie. Has anyone else experienced issues with the new sampler? Doesn't seem to trigger loops at the correct point. Or if the loop is at the beginning of a track it will loop into the end of it causing silence
Serato, Support
Jamie W 8:58 PM - 22 September, 2016
Hey DJ Frank,

Sounds strange, I haven't seen or heard of that before.
Best hit up our support team so they can help you work through this issue.
--> support.serato.com
TOWER 9:55 PM - 22 September, 2016
downloaded 1.9.3 serato dj and connected my mix track pro but not getting no audio
LAROSE ROYCE 4:01 AM - 23 September, 2016
Needle drop into absolute mode needs work
LAROSE ROYCE 4:03 AM - 23 September, 2016
I'm on Searto Dj and the needle drop in absolute mode feature is not working as well as Scratch Live. Is there any way to make it as tight as Scratch Live? Many times I want to start at the begin or bring the needle back to the beginning of the record. But I have to hold the needle off the record for about 2.5 seconds, which I think is too long, for it to drop into absolute mode. On Scratch Live no problems. Just on Serato DJ. Thanks -Larose Royce
DJ R1ck 5:35 AM - 23 September, 2016
So Serato 1.9.3 will work now on Mac OS Sierra?
pedol 11:35 AM - 25 September, 2016
J'ai installer Serato 1.9.3 j'ai une reloop terminal 8 et cela ne fonctionne pas qui peut m'aider
DJ Sasho 12:55 PM - 25 September, 2016
I use controller numark mikstraks Pro 3 and the program worked great until a time.Of new versions began much my jumps and stop.Ve please tell me what the problem is and how to solve
will e 1:23 PM - 25 September, 2016
Hi, How can i sync my ni Maschine with serato and assign the maschine output to a channel on my Pioneer DDJ SX? there doesnt seem to be any way for serato and maschine to sync to a midi clock so that i can use maschine or other sequencers in my live sets...

I hear its very straight forward to set this up with Tractor dj and other software...

is there a feature to be able to make this happen? or sepárate software i can use so that it all syncs together?
roberth dj 7:35 PM - 25 September, 2016
hola amigos de serato lider en latino america tengo una consulta grave y quiero compartirla con ustedes , en las nuevas verciones de serato dj en la parte de video al abrir el panel de monitor de video en mi mac se pone lento el video pero al cerra el pamel de monitoreo de video vuelve ala normalidad de flujo quiesiera saber a que se debe este error si mi mac es un corei 5 de 2.5 ghz con 16 gigas de ram a 1600 mhz corsair con disco solido de 256 porfavot ayuda graciass . mis equipos son . mixer djm s9 con cdj,s 900
todos los firware estan actializados espero me puedan ayudar gracias nuevamente . saludos desde colombia
Sir Chitchat 9:43 PM - 25 September, 2016
Does anyone have this update working with the NS6?
I could really use some help here.....
turntablist master junry 5:46 PM - 26 September, 2016
error....like 1.9.2..
lag..
vestax vci300
Sir Chitchat 2:13 PM - 27 September, 2016
I'm running the latest drivers from Numark for my NS6. Serato DJ 1.9.3 works fine in offline mode. When I connect the controller; it takes about 2 minutes to link up but crashes as soon as I select a song to a deck. I had to revert back to 1.8.0 which runs perfectly along side Itch 2.2. Both on the same laptop with no problems. Think I'm done playing the "update game". Too many headaches between gigs to worry about software as well.....ijs
Reese76 9:31 PM - 27 September, 2016
Cross-Fader Start with Pioneer would be great. Please and Thank you.
dj fire aziz 11:58 PM - 29 September, 2016
serato can be link with maschine and i had tried that and it works.
step 1= use link button on serato and have song ready to play at any bpm you chose set a loop and you allset to go.
step 2 = open maschine software by NI and go to preferences . set your mixer as ur sound card. and you can chose what chanel to set it up to for outputs. on the midi page select vertual output for maschine. and set the SYNC on SLAVE . make sure ur mixer is unchecked from outputs and inputs on MIDI.
now you receiving midi from usb without a midi cable.
I will be putting a video for all of NI users for serato 1.9.3
check youtoube
DFrenchMan 11:49 PM - 4 October, 2016
Thanks DJ Fire Aziz Reall Appreciate
Olee 5:24 PM - 6 October, 2016
Alleluia! Thanks Serato for this amazing update. Finally the Sync is available with SP-6 on a DVS system. And with individual levels and a master level with Serato Remote. Guys, you made my day.
I'm now rediscovering my Serato, gotta admit that I was looking elsewhere for Dj software.

Big thanks and hugs and everything. Cheers!
Maxito 8:11 AM - 11 October, 2016
Hola Serato !! O los que usan .... Quisiera saber si ya esta Serato1.9.3 compatible con Mac OS Sierra ? Porque quiero actualizar y no lo se ... Aun estoy usando el sistema operativo Yosemite .. O solo actualizo el Serato ? Y no el sistema operativo de la Mac ? Gracias
Dj Diamond Lee 7:12 PM - 14 October, 2016
Quote:
I'm running the latest drivers from Numark for my NS6. Serato DJ 1.9.3 works fine in offline mode. When I connect the controller; it takes about 2 minutes to link up but crashes as soon as I select a song to a deck. I had to revert back to 1.8.0 which runs perfectly along side Itch 2.2. Both on the same laptop with no problems. Think I'm done playing the "update game". Too many headaches between gigs to worry about software as well.....ijs

I also am having issues so I am going back to 1.9.2
DJ Shade Chylde 1:14 AM - 17 October, 2016
Is this compatible with the Numark NS7ii? I updated my firmware, USB, and Display Drivers, but am not going to download this until I know it will work. I am on a limited data rural internet connection (every MB counts).
RJTHEDJ 7:59 PM - 17 October, 2016
My Pulselocker disappeared twice in the past two months. Waiting for help. They sent me a thank you receipt for $19.99???
'G' Apnoea 6:35 PM - 29 October, 2016
Since updating to 1.9.3 system freezes and crashes.. I've reverted to 1.9.2 and no issues..??