Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

New Crates disappear

DJ Strike It Up 5:03 PM - 16 September, 2016
I upgraded to a Macbook Pro 2014 and I downloaded Serato DJ to my Macbook with no issues. All of my music is on an external hard drive and when I connected the hard drive to the new Macbook I saw all of my crates and music with no issues what so ever.

But the issue that I am having now is that I can not add new music or create new crates without losing them once I power down my laptop. I am able to create a new crate and I can also add music to that crate with no problems. The music plays with no issues but once I turn off the laptop and I turn it back on, the new crates and the new music are all gone.

What can I do to fix this?

I am running OS X 10.9.5 on a mid 2014 MacBook Pro
Serato DJ with a Pioneer DDJ-SR
DjSyndic8 11:08 PM - 17 September, 2016
Quote:
I upgraded to a Macbook Pro 2014 and I downloaded Serato DJ to my Macbook with no issues. All of my music is on an external hard drive and when I connected the hard drive to the new Macbook I saw all of my crates and music with no issues what so ever.

But the issue that I am having now is that I can not add new music or create new crates without losing them once I power down my laptop. I am able to create a new crate and I can also add music to that crate with no problems. The music plays with no issues but once I turn off the laptop and I turn it back on, the new crates and the new music are all gone.

do you shutdown Serato Dj properly before turning your laptop off? that means waiting for serato to close down, cause if you don't serato dj wont save your crates, songs etc.
snufbox 11:33 PM - 18 September, 2016
Quote:

I am having the EXACT SAME ISSUE. I always close Serato Dj before powering down.
DjSyndic8 6:16 AM - 19 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

I am having the EXACT SAME ISSUE. I always close Serato Dj before powering down.

it sounds like serato crashes while your shutting it down hence the reason why its not saving information open up a help request. support.serato.com
timtim 1:51 PM - 19 September, 2016
I have a lot of issue just like this. I presently have an on going help request with serato. My issues are very puzzling. It started after buying a new laptop.
Here are some things that are happening

1) when I start my laptop and open SDJ,a lot of the crates that are already there only shows numbers in the # column. When I load one of the number onto a deck in my pioneer DDJ - sx2 and turn the selector knob to select another track, only then all the other columns are filled in the first track space. This happens every time I shut down and re-start my system.
2) When I drag a folder from my external Hard drive onto SDJ it takes a long time to load, sometimes numbers only.
3) The wave forms are stuttering all the time, but the sound is good.

This is only happening since using my new laptop. Here are the specs

Manufacturer ASUSTek computer INC.
Model x751 LAB
Processor INTEL(R) Core(TH) i5 - 5200U CPU @ 2.20GHZ 2.20GHZ
RAM 8.0 GB
System Type 64 - Bit operating system, x64 - based processor
WINDOWS 10.
I running SDJ 1.9.2 & 1.9.3 beta.
It was running this with no problems in my last laptop ( much lower specs).

About 3 day ago I started my laptop and SDJ , after 4 days being down, and all my crates disappeared again. After spending a lot of time sorting them, I lost every thing, loops, cue points, flips, everything.

I have tried a few things the Serato team have recommended. No progress yet. I am so frustrated. I just don't know what to do.
Carsten-F 8:41 PM - 24 February, 2017
Hello,
I'm facing the same problems as above:
a new crate in Serato DJ is not saved after exit Serato.
If I start Serato again it has disappeared (without shut down or new start).

I've already switched off the write-protection of database V2.
My user account on my notebook is administrator.
The database was changed when I exit Serato.

I've been searching for solutions since weeks!
Next dj-date is coming soon and I need a functioning Serato software!

thanks and kind regards!
Carsten

SYSTEMINFO:
Manufacturer ASUSTek computer INC.
Model UX31A
Processor INTEL(R) Core(TM) i5 - 3317U CPU @ 1.70GHZ 2.20GHZ
RAM 4.0 GB
System Type 64 - Bit operating system, x64 - based processor
WINDOWS 10 Home
I'm running SDJ 1.9.5
DjSyndic8 12:05 AM - 2 March, 2017
Quote:
Hello,
I'm facing the same problems as above:
a new crate in Serato DJ is not saved after exit Serato.
If I start Serato again it has disappeared (without shut down or new start).

the only workaround I can think of is instead of creating a "crate"
go into your music folder and create a new folder rename it and put the music you want in this folder just as if you were creating a crate, then start up Serato Dj now find your folder and drag it into your crate section and then restart serato and see if this crate will show up let me know how it goes
Carsten-F 7:13 PM - 5 March, 2017
The workaround didn't work and does not work for my issue:
In DJ I have some big crates e.g. one "deep house".
In preperation for a dj-set I crate a new crate e.g. "deep house gig 1"
where I put the tracks in (copies) which I want to play at that special evening.
Something like preperation playlist-crates.
So I need to save some new empty crates where I can put some tracks (copies)
from other crates.

I also tried to use Serate DJ as a normal Win10-user instead of administrator.
Still I can't save crates! (Which I could with Win8 and Win8.1)

thank you!
Carsten
DjSyndic8 11:43 PM - 5 March, 2017
Quote:
The workaround didn't work and does not work for my issue:
In DJ I have some big crates e.g. one "deep house".
In preperation for a dj-set I crate a new crate e.g. "deep house gig 1"
where I put the tracks in (copies) which I want to play at that special evening.
Something like preperation playlist-crates.
So I need to save some new empty crates where I can put some tracks (copies)
from other crates.

I also tried to use Serate DJ as a normal Win10-user instead of administrator.
Still I can't save crates! (Which I could with Win8 and Win8.1)

thank you!
Carsten

check and see if your folder settings are set to read only?
Carsten-F 6:48 PM - 8 March, 2017
Hi,
I'd set before write permissions to the database.
But now I've set full access to the whole volume D:
And now it works!
Thank you very much!
Carsten
DjSyndic8 11:41 PM - 8 March, 2017
Quote:
Hi,
I'd set before write permissions to the database.
But now I've set full access to the whole volume D:
And now it works!
Thank you very much!
Carsten

no problems :)