DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Don't Judge Me...

DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:47 PM - 15 September, 2016
Logisticalstyles 9:53 PM - 15 September, 2016
It happens to the best of us. Eventually you come across a gig that just makes sense to use a controller. Piddy told us that controllers are the future. At least part of the future. I use the PioneerSB2 for my smaller gigs.
DJ Jonasty 10:26 PM - 15 September, 2016
2010 called and it wants its controller back.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:28 PM - 15 September, 2016
200 bucks.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:31 PM - 15 September, 2016
Quote:

No need to upgrade to Serato DJ.

Scratchlive 1.9.1/2 and WinXP ftw. Again.
Thundercat 10:34 PM - 15 September, 2016
Next you're going to tell me the tooth fairy isn't real...what's this world coming to
AKIEM 10:37 PM - 15 September, 2016
I will give you $50 for it.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Nick M 11:39 PM - 15 September, 2016
Nice. VCI-300 is still a great controller IMO.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:41 PM - 15 September, 2016
Quote:

Add on another 150.00 for it being a collectable + 75.00 for shipping and handling....

And it's a deal...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:41 PM - 15 September, 2016
Quote:
Nice. VCI-300 is still a great controller IMO.

Thanks!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:44 PM - 15 September, 2016
One of the best to ever do it on a VCI -

May I present Mr. Deez Notes -

Watchwww.youtube.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:16 AM - 16 September, 2016
Quote:
Next you're going to tell me the tooth fairy isn't real...what's this world coming to

Man, and I thought I could cash in on the rest of my teeth when they start falling out...
AKIEM 1:11 AM - 16 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Add on another 150.00 for it being a collectable + 75.00 for shipping and handling....

And it's a deal...

Nah,

Actually. Im dissapointed in you and this whole process no matter what type of pump me up battle comes out of it.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:52 AM - 16 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

And it's a deal...

Nah,

Actually. Im dissapointed in you and this whole process no matter what type of pump me up battle comes out of it.

Why? Because I won't use the 1 turntable method?

Man look..

That controller will be the last one standing when this is all over...
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 7:09 AM - 16 September, 2016
Quote:
One of the best to ever do it on a VCI -

May I present Mr. Deez Notes -

Watchwww.youtube.com

I was gonna mention that vid by Deez when I saw your PDiddy post.

I have one also - sitting around collecting dust just could never het into those jog wheels. It took me a few months to learn how to calibrate them so it discouraged me originally.

It's been a while since I used ITCH - amazing that it was the step child of Serato DJ. Gotta look and see if I still have ITCH installed.
dj_soo 7:32 AM - 16 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

you know you can't use scratchlive with this controller?
DJ Jonasty 7:37 AM - 16 September, 2016
Itch I couldnt do it. I had that comtroller and got rid of it. Too low output, well I had the mk1 the mk2 is probs better.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:56 AM - 16 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I mean ITCH....

Might as well be Scratchlive...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:57 AM - 16 September, 2016
Quote:
Itch I couldnt do it. I had that comtroller and got rid of it. Too low output, well I had the mk1 the mk2 is probs better.

That's why I got the MKII.

Trust, I do my homework.
pdidy 6:00 PM - 19 September, 2016
Quote:
It happens to the best of us. Eventually you come across a gig that just makes sense to use a controller. Piddy told us that controllers are the future. At least part of the future. I use the PioneerSB2 for my smaller gigs.

Within the last 9 months about 8 of my traditionalist turntable ONLY dj friends/partners/associates have surprisingly added controllers to their set of dj tools. And they are all popular and well respected in the New York urban tri-state area dj community.
DJ. L.A. Styles 6:22 PM - 19 September, 2016
Logisticalstyles do you connect more than one speaker from the SB2 IF SO which adapter you use to connect more than one speaker from the SB2, MY APOLOGIES for intruding this conversation but notice you mention you have this controller which I'm looking at getting for small gig's
dj_soo 7:21 AM - 20 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I mean ITCH....

DJ is far more solid than Itch ever was in my experiences.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:09 PM - 20 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I mean ITCH....

I'll bite...

So what issues have people experienced with ITCH?
Dj_Nix 2:12 PM - 20 September, 2016
Crashes. Freezes. Horrible glitch sound (I think that had to do with the first i-series chips though). I had the ns7. Loved the hardware but got tired of the random behavior. Caveat, most issues subsided when I got a Mac, but it still wasn't a magic bullet. SSL just works, and well. And you got the rest if the big boy features eg vsl, me, sp6, midi etc. That's why I sold mine. I got tired of using work arounds.
Logisticalstyles 3:15 PM - 20 September, 2016
Quote:
Logisticalstyles do you connect more than one speaker from the SB2 IF SO which adapter you use to connect more than one speaker from the SB2, MY APOLOGIES for intruding this conversation but notice you mention you have this controller which I'm looking at getting for small gig's

I'm not sure what you mean. I connect my SB2 to a small line mixer. You shouldn't need an adapter to connect to two speakers even if you are going straight from the controller to the speakers. A simplified set up would be coming from the Main outputs of the controller to the speakers. An RCA to 1/4" cable should work. There are two outputs so send one to each speaker.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:51 PM - 20 September, 2016
Quote:
Crashes. Freezes. Horrible glitch sound (I think that had to do with the first i-series chips though)..

Hmmm...haven't had any issues so far, but I'll watch for them.
Gio Alex 3:58 PM - 20 September, 2016

OH SNAP!!!

This is a wonderful thing to come back to the forums for. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON JOHNNY? your back hurting these days!? LOL
AKIEM 4:53 PM - 20 September, 2016
O.B.1 5:47 PM - 20 September, 2016
A cold day in hell...
Gio Alex 6:10 PM - 20 September, 2016
Quote:
A cold day in hell...

lol This.
Papa Midnight 9:00 PM - 20 September, 2016

SAY IT AIN'T SO! HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHA!

Quote:
Why? Because I won't use the 1 turntable method?

Man look..

I'll put my NS7 and V7's against that.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I mean ITCH....

I'll bite...

How long have you got (though 2.2.2 was fairly solid)?

Just use Serato DJ.

Quote:
Within the last 9 months about 8 of my traditionalist turntable ONLY dj friends/partners/associates have surprisingly added controllers to their set of dj tools.

Guy I know just picked up one of the Pioneer controllers (I think the SX). We tried to tell y'all years ago man. They just didn't get it, but they do now pdidy.
AKIEM 9:49 PM - 20 September, 2016
pdidy 9:49 PM - 20 September, 2016
Quote:
Guy I know just picked up one of the Pioneer controllers (I think the SX). We tried to tell y'all years ago man. They just didn't get it, but they do now pdidy.

The Pioneer DDJ-SX2 and DDJ-SZ are fast becoming the new standard many of these "respected" dj's I mentioned are now opting for. So now that their "stamp of approval" is now official in my region (NYC and surrounding areas) the controller approval rating is going to exploded within a year from now.
AKIEM 9:55 PM - 20 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

The Pioneer DDJ-SX2 and DDJ-SZ are fast becoming the new standard many of these "respected" dj's I mentioned are now opting for. So now that their "stamp of approval" is now official in my region (NYC and surrounding areas) the controller approval rating is going to exploded within a year from now.

sigh: even Jeff now....
youtu.be
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:06 PM - 20 September, 2016
Quote:

OH SNAP!!!

This is a wonderful thing to come back to the forums for. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON JOHNNY? your back hurting these days!? LOL

Nope, just giving myself an option to play in limited space when I have guest DJ's who don't want to play on Turntables.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:13 PM - 20 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Man look..

I'll put my NS7 and V7's against that.

I meant "overall" controllers will be the last thing standing when this is all over.

Quote:
Quote:

How long have you got (though 2.2.2 was fairly solid)?

And guess what? Version 2.2.2 is EXACTLY the version I'm running, and you saying it's fairly solid stands behind what I said about me not having any problems thus far.

Quote:
Just use Serato DJ.

Nope, don't want to leave Scratch Live....ITCH doesn't tax WinXP, and actually since installing ITCH, my library loads IN A FLASH now...on both ScratchLive and ITCH.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:14 PM - 20 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Yep....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:19 PM - 20 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
A cold day in hell...

lol This.

lol, Froze over, huh?

I'm saying, I always respected this from Deez - > Watchwww.youtube.com
AKIEM 10:34 PM - 20 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
A cold day in hell...

lol This.

lol, Froze over, huh?

Does the man make the controller, or does the controller make the man?
Papa Midnight 10:50 PM - 20 September, 2016
Quote:
since installing ITCH, my library loads IN A FLASH now...on both ScratchLive and ITCH.

ITCH made a lot of improvements to the way the library was handled that didn't make it into Scratch Live but did make it into DJ (and were further improved) so that makes sense.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:08 AM - 21 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
since installing ITCH, my library loads IN A FLASH now...on both ScratchLive and ITCH.

ITCH made a lot of improvements to the way the library was handled that didn't make it into Scratch Live but did make it into DJ (and were further improved) so that makes sense.

Really?

Now THAT is a come up...

Scratchlive and ITCH w/ WinXP FTW.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:10 AM - 21 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
A cold day in hell...

lol This.

lol, Froze over, huh?

lol @ the Jedi Mind tricks...

No, I'm not setting up 1 Turntable and 1 Mixer my dude.

In the interest of space, that Vestax is Prime Real Estate, and only one device to hook up.
dj_soo 7:19 AM - 21 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Crashes. Freezes. Horrible glitch sound (I think that had to do with the first i-series chips though)..

the vci 300 supports both itch and dj so try them both and see what feels more stable.
dj_soo 7:21 AM - 21 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

sigh: even Jeff now....
youtu.be

that's not jeff
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:52 PM - 21 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

the vci 300 supports both itch and dj so try them both and see what feels more stable.

Again, I'm not interested in experiencing the "Issues" that I've seen crop up with Serato DJ.

Plus, I have no plans on upgrading my laptop at this time to make Serato DJ optimal.

For the very few times that I anticipate using the Vestax, ITCH seems to fit the bill.
AKIEM 2:40 PM - 21 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
A cold day in hell...

lol This.

lol, Froze over, huh?

lol @ the Jedi Mind tricks...

No, I'm not setting up 1 Turntable and 1 Mixer my dude.

Its not for everyone, put that aside...

Quote:

In the interest of space, that Vestax is Prime Real Estate, and only one device to hook up.

Aside from anything else, I always seen you as a dude who was uncompromising.

And now you are using a controller because other dudes can't rock on tables....

And thats how they win... It aint a big deal, but every little chip counts.

Now I'm just waiting for the youtu.be
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:17 PM - 21 September, 2016
Quote:

I am to a point.

As you can see, I've kept my OS the same, my laptop the same, and since going to ITCH, the performance of my existing ScratchLive library has increased like night and day.

Cats STILL telling me to get a Mac and Serato DJ....lmao.

Quote:

Yep, at some point part of the game is knowing when to be versatile, and try to future proof yourself. I already accept that I don't have the TIME to come up with new and exciting mixes every month, so why NOT have a guest DJ in the spot, who are actually either Idols of mine or have a certified Legendary status in the DJ game (AKA Red Alert), or just cats that are local who I may Cross Promote with from time to time.

That way, I let them spin, my and their crowds get a little something different and or atmosphere, and I just concentrate on managing the door and the flow of the night.

I'm not a promoter, but I have my tricks, and they work.

Quote:

You're looking at it as a "We" (Turntable Purists') thing versus "Them" (Controller Crutch DJ's). Nah, the cats I hire are legit party rockers, and again, the only other person worried about what a DJ uses is another DJ.

Don't get it twisted, a dude can't walk in to my spot rocking an iPod.

I'm literally the last man standing carrying around 12's to all of my functions.

I'm not here to make them go back in time, and I don't do the "Me rock for a set" then you go on "Rotation" thing, I'd have them come in the whole night, do their thing and bounce.

I just can't take the chance that they'll be late, so I have a way to play music in a way that isn't just pushing a button to me.
AKIEM 5:04 PM - 21 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

I am to a point.

As you can see, I've kept my OS the same, my laptop the same, and since going to ITCH, the performance of my existing ScratchLive library has increased like night and day.

Cats STILL telling me to get a Mac and Serato DJ....lmao.

I just coped a referbed mac so I can add my drive of choice, partitioned it for an SSL dedicated OS.

Quote:

Quote:

Yep, at some point part of the game is knowing when to be versatile, and try to future proof yourself. I already accept that I don't have the TIME to come up with new and exciting mixes every month, so why NOT have a guest DJ in the spot, who are actually either Idols of mine or have a certified Legendary status in the DJ game (AKA Red Alert), or just cats that are local who I may Cross Promote with from time to time.

You brougt Red Alert?
OK.

Quote:

That way, I let them spin, my and their crowds get a little something different and or atmosphere, and I just concentrate on managing the door and the flow of the night.

I'm not a promoter, but I have my tricks, and they work.

Quote:

You're looking at it as a "We" (Turntable Purists') thing versus "Them" (Controller Crutch DJ's). Nah, the cats I hire are legit party rockers, and again, the only other person worried about what a DJ uses is another DJ.

I knew I would have to explain "we". Because I'm not a purist and don't care how others do it, or what they use, not anymore...

But I do care about what comes on the market. I would switch to a controller if it has the qualities I'm looking for.

So by "we" I just meant dudes who still turntables, for whatever the reason. And the more DJs switch the less chance a company actually gets it right with a controller that will actually take the place of turntables.

Im using Reloop8000, and not because it plays real vinyl.

Quote:

For now....

Quote:

I'm literally the last man standing carrying around 12's to all of my functions.

Im not. Its still clubs around here that set decks up. Controllers on the side....

Quote:

I'm not here to make them go back in time, and I don't do the "Me rock for a set" then you go on "Rotation" thing, I'd have them come in the whole night, do their thing and bounce.

I just can't take the chance that they'll be late, so I have a way to play music in a way that isn't just pushing a button to me.
ozfrombk 5:10 PM - 21 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

I was traditionally DVS only but I must say I have a lot of fun rocking with the DDJ SX2. To each their own I suppose. Also, I only have one pair of turntables so I wasn't feeling the constant breaking down and setting up again.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:34 PM - 21 September, 2016
Quote:

You brought Red Alert?
OK.

Yep. TWICE.

Watchm.youtube.com

The funny part is that Red Alert is the EASIEST one to set up for as he uses a 56s with an SL3 AND turntables.

I just just set them up Disco style for him.

When it's time for him to play, I put on REAL vinyl and we swap laptops.

Now that's dope.
AKIEM 10:43 PM - 21 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
You brought Red Alert?
OK.

Yep. TWICE.

Watchm.youtube.com

The funny part is that Red Alert is the EASIEST one to set up for as he uses a 56s with an SL3 AND turntables.

I just just set them up Disco style for him.

When it's time for him to play, I put on REAL vinyl and we swap laptops.

Now that's dope.

Word. Always wanted to open for Red Alert.

But that set up is still popular standard around my area...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:31 PM - 21 September, 2016
Quote:
I knew I would have to explain "we". Because I'm not a purist and don't care how others do it, or what they use, not anymore...

Noted.

Quote:
But I do care about what comes on the market. I would switch to a controller if it has the qualities I'm looking for.

I wouldn't say I'd "switch", I'd get (and got) a controller to add to the arsenal, which met my needs. Compact, uses very LOW resources, runs on XP, and uses (and improved) my existing Scratchlive library. No overviews needed.

Quote:
So by "we" I just meant dudes who still turntables, for whatever the reason. And the more DJs switch the less chance a company actually gets it right with a controller that will actually take the place of turntables.

Why hope for one to "Replace" turntables? Just create one that for lack of a better term, tries to "Preserve the artform"...Rotating platters maybe?

Quote:
Quote:

For now....

Let me clarify...

I won't being bringing anybody around who expects to rock off of an iPod.

Quote:
Im not. Its still clubs around here that set decks up. Controllers on the side....

Not a 12 in sight in these parts except mine...
dj_soo 3:10 AM - 22 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Again, I'm not interested in experiencing the "Issues" that I've seen crop up with Serato DJ.

Plus, I have no plans on upgrading my laptop at this time to make Serato DJ optimal.

For the very few times that I anticipate using the Vestax, ITCH seems to fit the bill.

Like I said, I saw more issues in itch than I do with Dj so it's there to try so you can decide for yourself.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:05 PM - 22 September, 2016
Quote:
Like I said, I saw more issues in itch than I do with Dj so it's there to try so you can decide for yourself.

Just the sheer amount of complaints I hear about Serato DJ, is enough to keep me right where I am with ITCH, and oh, did I mention that I'm not switching my XP laptop out?

Plus Papa Midnight confirmed my suspicions with the increased library handling and stability.

Nah, I'm good.
AKIEM 4:34 PM - 22 September, 2016
Quote:

Noted.

Quote:

Quote:

I wouldn't say I'd "switch", I'd get (and got) a controller to add to the arsenal, which met my needs. Compact, uses very LOW resources, runs on XP, and uses (and improved) my existing Scratchlive library. No overviews needed.

Now I aint talking about any type of "switch" ing either... lol

But that's how these things get started... one step at a time. 8, 9 years from now you might be picking up that new DJ808 joint.

Quote:

Quote:

Why hope for one to "Replace" turntables? Just create one that for lack of a better term, tries to "Preserve the artform"...Rotating platters maybe?

Exactly.

Heres my thing. CDJ and EDM wrecked everything. If they never came out with CDJs and these EDM dudes didn't look at those jog wheels as just big bpm adjusters, we would be good. If DVS came out just a couple years earlier before CDJs got established we would be fine. Because most controllers would be rotating platters at this point. All that static jog wheel crap would never took hold. That's my theory anyway.

Now, all these dudes are complacent to static, or never even worked with rotating plates. So its just a matter of time. Even if some decent or more variety of rotating platters came on the market, most will take the cheap route in the end.

And what do I loose? All the possibilities that could have come from exploring all the types of decks that could have been.

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

For now....

Let me clarify...

I won't being bringing anybody around who expects to rock off of an iPod.

Noted

Quote:

Quote:

shame

In the end it just is what it is.
pdidy 6:04 PM - 22 September, 2016
Quote:

One of my "1200 only" dj partners (johnny you know him but i wont mention names) who is that dude who got all the jokes about controllers and push button dj's if he sees any of us using them. He recently played a club with just his rane 57 in internal mode.

So im thinking to myself if it ever gets to the point that you're leaving your 12's home for the convenience and just pushing cue point buttons on a 57, you would be far better off just using a controller and gaining more control......So im laughing to myself thinking dude is a heartbeat away from a controller but his pride and words wont let it happen. Im paciently waiting for the day he cracks so I can......i.makeagif.com but all in fun of course...
pdidy 6:07 PM - 22 September, 2016
patiently
AKIEM 7:04 PM - 22 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

One of my "1200 only" dj partners (johnny you know him but i wont mention names) who is that dude who got all the jokes about controllers and push button dj's if he sees any of us using them. He recently played a club with just his rane 57 in internal mode.

So im thinking to myself if it ever gets to the point that you're leaving your 12's home for the convenience and just pushing cue point buttons on a 57, you would be far better off just using a controller and gaining more control......So im laughing to myself thinking dude is a heartbeat away from a controller but his pride and words wont let it happen. Im paciently waiting for the day he cracks so I

lol. Aight, let me defend that dude. I've done the same things in certain situations. Matter of fact that was one of my recommendations. Matter of fact I have a AMX paired with a Midifighter for a couple things.

That's just situational. It means NOTHING!

Quote:

can......i.makeagif.com but all in fun of course...

^ and remember how thet ends.
Marv Incredible 7:35 PM - 22 September, 2016
Quote:

That's a great line. Used by many a man caught in comprimising circumstances to varying degrees of success. lol. Do continue.
pdidy 7:38 PM - 22 September, 2016
Quote:
lol. Aight, let me defend that dude. I've done the same things in certain situations. Matter of fact that was one of my recommendations. Matter of fact I have a AMX paired with a Midifighter for a couple things.

Yea I get your point but there was some clues, patterns and history leading up to this particular day. 6 months ago 2 X1200's at every event > 1 month ago 1 X 1200 (instant doubles) > Last weekend rane 57 only......Hmmm, we will see :)
AKIEM 7:43 PM - 22 September, 2016
LMAO. Yall hurting my feelings today.... Im out!
Joee 7:48 PM - 22 September, 2016
seems like controllers are becoming the new standard

fast forward 5 years from now JM will be asking "whats the best of the best controller so i can buy 20 of them and put them next to my 20 realistic mixers"

Quote:

@pdiddy

i'm waiting on the denon mc 7000 www.denondj.com there was i time when denon made top quality products i think the dns 7000 denondj.com was the most underrated cd player ever, for me it kills the pioneer cdj

pioneer has the market share right now but in my opinion it's not because they make the best quality product, i'm still trying to figure out why so many people are selling their rane 62 to get a S9
pdidy 7:50 PM - 22 September, 2016
But lets be clear I am Pro 1200's as a preference > CDJ's > then controllers.

But this situation reminds me of a balding Man who refuses to accept he's bald....Dude just
"Let it go" its ok...lol See Coolio and those Struggle Braids, Gotta Let it Go.... :)
Marv Incredible 7:51 PM - 22 September, 2016
lol AKIEM, just so you know, my comment had nothing to do with you or this thread. it just reminded me of those situations when man's caught with his pants down and trying to explain away the situation. Like Eddie Murphy's classic sketch in Delirious (or was it R.A.W.?). hahaha.
Joee 7:54 PM - 22 September, 2016
Quote:

i already know.lol

Quote:
But this situation reminds me of a balding Man who refuses to accept he's bald....Dude just
"Let it go" its ok...lol See Coolio and those Struggle Braids, Gotta Let it Go.... :)

the minute i see i'm shaving it all off.....lol

i don't understand those cats combing the little bit of hair they have on their side but bald everywhere else , just whip out a razor and shave it clean........lol
Joee 7:58 PM - 22 September, 2016
and why did no one recommend this to JM?

denondj.com

it controls scratch live 1.9 just fine via midi
AKIEM 8:01 PM - 22 September, 2016
...and I had to shave my head straight outta highschool too! No braids, fro, ceazars, dreads, none of that for me..

#emotionalrightnow

Wheres remix to witness me mad/sad right now?

;(
Joee 8:04 PM - 22 September, 2016
Quote:
...and I had to shave my head straight outta highschool too! No braids, fro, ceazars, dreads, none of that for me..

#emotionalrightnow

Wheres remix to witness me mad/sad right now?

;(

LOL
Joee 8:05 PM - 22 September, 2016
like the name of the thread i'm not judging you
Papa Midnight 8:16 PM - 22 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

So im thinking to myself if it ever gets to the point that you're leaving your 12's home for the convenience and just pushing cue point buttons on a 57, you would be far better off just using a controller and gaining more control......So im laughing to myself thinking dude is a heartbeat away from a controller but his pride and words wont let it happen. Im paciently waiting for the day he cracks so I can......i.makeagif.com but all in fun of course...

There are plenty of those exact same kinds of people in the DMV.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:45 PM - 22 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Ha! Two people come to mind, either JJ or THB.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:55 PM - 22 September, 2016
Quote:
forward 5 years from now JM will be asking "whats the best of the best controller so i can buy 20 of them and put them next to my 20 realistic mixers"

Lol, look who wants to try to be relevant on my coat tails again?

You been practicing those "Pump Me Ups?"

Lmao.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:56 PM - 22 September, 2016
Quote:
LMAO. Yall hurting my feelings today.... Im out!

Lmao
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:57 PM - 22 September, 2016
Quote:

Somebody needs to tell Stevie Wonder a few things as well....
Joee 11:00 PM - 22 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
forward 5 years from now JM will be asking "whats the best of the best controller so i can buy 20 of them and put them next to my 20 realistic mixers"

Lol, look who wants to try to be relevant on my coat tails again?

You been practicing those "Pump Me Ups?"

Lmao.

smh

yawn!!
pdidy 11:01 PM - 22 September, 2016
Quote:

m.popkey.co lol
pdidy 11:07 PM - 22 September, 2016
Quote:
Somebody needs to tell Stevie Wonder a few things as well....

Stevie's handlers/advisors/ect need i53.photobucket.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:24 PM - 22 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

m.popkey.co lol

lmao...
Taipanic 2:30 AM - 23 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

It's been that way for a few years down here in Tampa. Almost everyone is using SX or SZ in clubs. There are some clubs that have (and require use of) their installed CDJ setups but almost no one using vinyl on a regular basis anymore (that I see/know)
People I know:
55% SZ/SX
25% CDJs
10% Traktor rigs
06% Other
04% DVS
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:01 AM - 23 September, 2016
I rate controllers higher than CDJs. I use to have a pair of CDJs which I sold few months after getting my SX.

I still have my TTs and two mixers ( 62 and the S9)
Currently I play one particular bar with TTs and the other dance bar with SX.

Mobiles which I don't do much is tailored to the booking, if they request decks or I rate it as premium I take the decks.

Waiting for the next pioneer Serato controller. I don't want to to buy the SZ.
Joee 10:26 PM - 23 September, 2016
Quote:
Waiting for the next pioneer Serato controller. I don't want to to buy the SZ.

IMO, this is one to keep an eye on
Joee 10:26 PM - 23 September, 2016
d:raf 10:51 PM - 23 September, 2016
Quote:
denondj.com

Too many people freaking out over the mirrored layout for it to take off just yet...
Joee 10:54 PM - 23 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
denondj.com

Too many people freaking out over the mirrored layout for it to take off just yet...

i dont know why? the vci 300/vci 380 had that mirrored layout & people loved it
Joee 10:55 PM - 23 September, 2016
d:raf 11:07 PM - 23 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
denondj.com

The most repeated complaint I keep seeing (aside from just general annoyance at having to get used to a new layout) is that when scratching the left side pitch is too easy to hit with your fingers. On both of those Vestax units the pitch is way above the platters and out of the way.
Joee 11:18 PM - 23 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
denondj.com

The most repeated complaint I keep seeing (aside from just general annoyance at having to get used to a new layout) is that when scratching the left side pitch is too easy to hit with your fingers. On both of those Vestax units the pitch is way above the platters and out of the way.

i hear you, but i think the denon will be a quality piece , i u used the big brother t this years dj expo felt solid

they did copy pioneer tho ,sigh
d:raf 11:22 PM - 23 September, 2016
Yeah, I got a MCX-8000 and I love it so far.

I don't scratch tho :).
Papa Midnight 11:40 PM - 23 September, 2016
With more people becoming open to trying controllers, more people are having to adjust to a change in their usual comfort zone.

With that said, I suspect the issue is that people are having to adjust from being accustomed to the pitch fader being on the right side (or top right in battle mode) after using turntables and CDJs for years.

(I say this because the NS7, NS7II, and NS7III are also mirrored).
AKIEM 11:43 PM - 23 September, 2016
Good thing there are plenty (too many) controller options to try.