DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

djm-s9 can't get output for right channel

djgrits7 6:36 PM - 12 September, 2016
hey guys, so i'm playing tracks off my record pool this morning using my s9 as the sound card... only problem is it only comes off the left channel and i can't get it to come out of the right channel... help?
pdidy 7:56 PM - 12 September, 2016
No idea what ya talkin about, a vid would help.
djgrits7 10:34 PM - 13 September, 2016
ok so when you are using the mixer as a sound card to play a song off iTunes, just bear with me, it automatically goes to the left channel... how can you set it to go to the right channel instead?
pdidy 10:40 PM - 13 September, 2016
djgrits7 1:43 PM - 14 September, 2016
i do appreciate your patience in trying to understand this issue, but you honestly have no idea what i'm talking about?

on the djm-s9 you have two channels, i'm not opening up serato dj, i'm going to my record pool to listen to tracks and scratch in accordance to them on channel 1 of my mixer... i want the songs on djcity to come out of channel 2 on my mixer but they will only come out on channel 1...
Culprit 5:19 PM - 14 September, 2016
that's the way it is currently setup. There are method's of outputting it to your 2nd channel or your master, but it would require you to know some advanced methods of setting up your midi audio in your computer.

I am not going to link or show you how to do it because you could literally break the audio in your system and have a bigger issue going on.

You will need to just deal with channel 1 being the master output for your computer.
DJ Shameless 5:29 PM - 14 September, 2016
have you tried the input/output settings in the s9 utility?
djgrits7 4:06 AM - 16 September, 2016
Quote:
that's the way it is currently setup. There are method's of outputting it to your 2nd channel or your master, but it would require you to know some advanced methods of setting up your midi audio in your computer.

I am not going to link or show you how to do it because you could literally break the audio in your system and have a bigger issue going on.

You will need to just deal with channel 1 being the master output for your computer.

perfect, thank you man!