Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Can I use serato with rackmountable CD players?

DJ RAMOS N5 9:15 PM - 9 September, 2016
I am building a super mobile and simple setup for gigs such as weddings and small parties and I am thinking of using rack mountable CDJ players to use serato. I just want to make sure it is possible before I buy the CD players.
Laz219 9:28 PM - 9 September, 2016
Yep, rack mountable CD players are fine.
Pretty much anything works as long as you have an RCA out that can be fed into an SL interface.

I'm assuming you still need to play back CDs? Otherwise a controller seems like an easier/neater solution.
Chino 9:29 PM - 9 September, 2016
I have a back up rack mount setup that is very similar. I have a Denon HC4500 cd players & Denon DN500 mixer rack mounted with a Rane SL3 box mounted to the case. I run Scratch Live with this setup. It's perfect for small weddings, parties, etc.
Dj MacMillz 9:29 PM - 9 September, 2016
Yes, if just for basic play/pause... no scratching or extensive cueing. Unless of course the CD player can do that.
DJ RAMOS N5 9:41 PM - 9 September, 2016
Thanks for the help bois
J.J. 10:50 PM - 9 September, 2016
I'm curious why you still use CD's? After I successfully converted my CD and Vinyl collection to MP3 320 kbps, I stopped bringing my Denon DN-2600F to gigs. Clients stopped giving me CD's 6 years ago at weddings.

Like Chino, I have a 19" MIDI Denon DN-HC4500. It works native in Scratch Live and I plan to map it in Serato DJ with platter support. I also just got a 19" rack mount for my Rane 68.

Check out my VCI-380 rackmount.

www.poweronplay.com
DJ RAMOS N5 10:56 PM - 9 September, 2016
Quote:
I'm curious why you still use CD's? After I successfully converted my CD and Vinyl collection to MP3 320 kbps, I stopped bringing my Denon DN-2600F to gigs. Clients stopped giving me CD's 6 years ago at weddings.

Like Chino, I have a 19" MIDI Denon DN-HC4500. It works native in Scratch Live and I plan to map it in Serato DJ with platter support. I also just got a 19" rack mount for my Rane 68.

Check out my VCI-380 rackmount.

www.poweronplay.com

I am trying to keep this set up as cheap as possible for the mobile stuff.
I'm talking like a Stanton CD player mate. Gonna just hook that up to a denon serato box and that's about it.