Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Cant change View 1.9.2

FC 12:43 AM - 9 September, 2016
1.9.2 Win 10 Pro N 1511 64bit Toshiba

Upgraded to 1.9.2 (from 1.9.1) and now I can not change VIEW.
I can use space bar to go to library view but that is it.

Note- Also installed it on another laptop which has Windows 7 and
it works fine. So assume this is a Windows 10 bug?
FC 12:48 AM - 9 September, 2016
I forgot to state that the Wave form section doesn't show the complete view.
IE the location tracker isnt showing.
Mike The Performer 5:27 PM - 13 October, 2016
I'm having exactly the same problem, exactly the same version. Same deal with 1.9.3. I thought I was going crazy! It also functions extremely slowly - like it skips if I do as little as scrolling down the library.

Mine is a DDJ-SB2, and a Dell Latitude E6400 running Windows 7. Do you also have an Intel graphics processor? There must be some commonality that is just in our two setups, or else everybody would be complaining about the same thing.
Hanginon 1:58 AM - 14 October, 2016
What processor's (CPU's) are in your laptops?
Mike The Performer 3:27 AM - 22 November, 2016
Oops! Didn't see this had been responded to.

Mine is a C2D P8600 @ 2.6Ghz.
DJ Tecniq 6:00 AM - 22 November, 2016
Hey guys for any versions of 1.8 or above SDJ requires an iprocessor like an i3, i5 or i7. This is clearly mentioned in the recommended specs for SDJ. So if your current laptops processor is anything "less" than an iprocessor like Intel processor than you may experience issues or limitations however any 1.7 version will support lower grade machines. Make sure your system meets the requirements for 1.8 and above cause they require better processors and more CPU. Good luck👍🏼
Mike The Performer 6:13 AM - 22 November, 2016
Recommended specs are fine, and I'd understand if it was just slow playback we're talking about. But this is straight up weird behavior: Can't change views, can't bring up menus, the play head being invisible, etc etc.
DJ Tecniq 8:08 AM - 22 November, 2016
Quote:
Recommended specs are fine, and I'd understand if it was just slow playback we're talking about. But this is straight up weird behavior: Can't change views, can't bring up menus, the play head being invisible, etc etc.
So I assume you do have an iprocessor? Maybe a Windows issue.
DJ Tecniq 8:10 AM - 22 November, 2016
Quote:
Mine is a C2D P8600 @ 2.6Ghz.
This is indeed a Intel Core Duo processor which is no longer supported in any SDJ 1.8 or above versions so it is your specs.
DJ Tecniq 8:14 AM - 22 November, 2016
Sorry meant Intel core 2Duo. I looked up your specs and that is an outdated processor. Try any 1.7 version of SDJ and you will see it will prob perform fine and not have those issues. The "weird" behavior you're having is cause your machine is old get rid of it or upgrade to a i3, i5 or i7 processor or else use older SDJ versions.
Mike The Performer 9:01 AM - 22 November, 2016
1.9.1 works just fine, so it's not that. An out of date processor would either work slowly or not at all (if it was missing some instruction set like MMX, for example). Most "recommended" specs are just CYA.

Now graphic chips might be a different case, since there is some graphic distortion involved here. That's why I listed the graphics card for my laptop - which specifically is an Intel 4 integrated express series. If this is the common thread between the laptops, then there we go. Why that would cause one to be unable to switch views I don't know (the drop down menu simply doesn't display?)
DJ Tecniq 11:02 AM - 22 November, 2016
Quote:
1.9.1 works just fine, so it's not that. An out of date processor would either work slowly or not at all (if it was missing some instruction set like MMX, for example). Most "recommended" specs are just CYA.

Now graphic chips might be a different case, since there is some graphic distortion involved here. That's why I listed the graphics card for my laptop - which specifically is an Intel 4 integrated express series. If this is the common thread between the laptops, then there we go. Why that would cause one to be unable to switch views I don't know (the drop down menu simply doesn't display?)
May be a bug then there's no telling with Windows machines they have some odd behavior with Serato.
Mike The Performer 10:06 PM - 25 April, 2017
Just to follow up, I got a new laptop a few months ago and have had no issues with the newer versions. So whether it was the processor or the graphics chip, it was clearly too old.
DJ Tecniq 9:59 AM - 26 April, 2017
Quote:
Just to follow up, I got a new laptop a few months ago and have had no issues with the newer versions. So whether it was the processor or the graphics chip, it was clearly too old.
Lol glad you took my word finally. It was indeed the processor as the machine was outdated. Older processors have a hard time with SDJ as SDJ requires more CPU. Glad you got it resolved.
Ralphie UK 3:04 PM - 26 April, 2017
What happened to the stack view where you could see the Artwork and Track details in rows of 3 boxes? Can I download an older versio and will I have to import all my tunes again? Thanks in advance.