DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Will it work?

CJMusic 7:48 AM - 29 August, 2016
I am 15 years old and strapped for cash. I'm looking for a good CDJ setup because I have mixed for around 3 years on my old all in one. My question is if these parts will work with scratch live.

- 2x CDJ-800mk2
- 2x Novation Slicers
- Behringer DJX - 700

I also have a quenstion about the djx. I am lookin to use a Rane SSL (SL1 because I not wanna drop a lot of money) to connect to a MacBook. I know that scratch 2.5 supports the SL1 and the CDJ's, but does the sl1 support the DJX-700? Sorry if it's such a beginner question :D
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 6:25 PM - 29 August, 2016
Quote:
I am 15 years old and strapped for cash. I'm looking for a good CDJ setup because I have mixed for around 3 years on my old all in one. My question is if these parts will work with scratch live.

- 2x CDJ-800mk2
- 2x Novation Slicers
- Behringer DJX - 700

I also have a quenstion about the djx. I am lookin to use a Rane SSL (SL1 because I not wanna drop a lot of money) to connect to a MacBook. I know that scratch 2.5 supports the SL1 and the CDJ's, but does the sl1 support the DJX-700? Sorry if it's such a beginner question :D

The mixer is kinda irrelevant almost unless you are doing video or midi mapping things or some internal mixer effects The mixer is bassically controlling the left and right channels, volume, etc. If it works playing "real" CDs then it should work with the SL1.

The SL1 just uses the time code CDs in the CDjs and allows you to control and manipulate the Mp3's in your computer like real audio CDs.