DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Using Cdj's in HID and regular simultaneously (2 dj's)

Illiment 6:40 PM - 27 August, 2016
Sorry if this has been answered before somewhere else, i really don't have the time to do a proper search...

my question is if there are 2 dj's going back to back, with say a rane 62 or something, if one dj is using the cdj's in hid on his computer on one input on the mixer can the other dj run regular rca on the other and be able to switch seamlessly?

Thanks in advance to anyone that wants to field this question lol
p45 3:08 PM - 28 August, 2016
I do this a lot. mostly with my rane 62 with me using HID via CDJs & other DJs using timecode on cd and Usb

In general i would say it not usually a problem but be prepared to sometimes have to hot plug the CDJs and occasionally power down the CDJs to get them to connect when switching back to HID..... if you are using HID you will already be in internal mode already so just be prepared to sometimes have to play your first track using the laptop keyboard when switching from the timecode DJ to the HID DJ just in case!

i would also say I have had less issues switching back & forth to HID when the other DJ has used CDs with time code rather than timecode on USB.

have done this with CDJ 850s 900s 2000s 2000nexus's and XDJ1000s and in my experience it works most of the time but whatever combination you use is not 100% bullet proof in terms of a smooth switch... am sure others can chime in with their experiences.
Illiment 1:36 AM - 29 August, 2016
Thanks so much man! Turned out not being necessary, they had a pair of 1200's there as well so the other dj ended up using those and I rocked on the cdj's in HID. Good for future reference though, thanks again!