Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Does anybody remember the Bridge What happen to it

Michael Baker 7:11 AM - 26 August, 2016
This latest announcement with Serato and Roland looks interesting I'm a little excited but I'm not so sure I would invest in the buying any more hardware for these types of partnerships. They don't seem to last. Last time I did it, I spent a lot of money and the two companies involved, Serato and Ableton, dropped the ball and blamed each other for this failed partnership. So my advice is don't do it, they won't be committed to each other for very long and you won't get your money back that you have invested. What do you guys think??
Logisticalstyles 11:45 AM - 26 August, 2016
I kinda agree.
The Return of Dj Sparky 12:15 PM - 26 August, 2016
there was no money to be made for serato out of the bridge so they canned it
The Return of Dj Sparky 12:17 PM - 26 August, 2016
and the new deal with roland will involve a paid plugin at around $50 and the required roland hardware, probable be packaged for free for a limited time with the release of the new hardware
Chino 2:50 AM - 27 August, 2016
Quote:
and the new deal with roland will involve a paid plugin at around $50 and the required roland hardware, probable be packaged for free for a limited time with the release of the new hardware

Unfortunately, your probably right.

The optimist in me is hoping for a standalone remix/sampler unit. A cross between a Roland MV8800 & MC909 that is portable with all the modern upgrades(colored velocity pads, touch screen, lots of faders & knobs, large storage capabilities, etc.) Im also hoping the Serato software is embedded. If the above mentioned units can have embedded software then there is no reason it cant be done now in 2016. Of course it's all a matter of $$$. I was considering buying the Pioneer Toraiz BUT I will now wait for the Roland unit to drop first. I really don't want to give my hard earned money to Pioneer DJ so I hope this Roland/Serato unit is the standalone remix /sampler device that many have been waiting for!!
Laz219 2:37 AM - 28 August, 2016
Quote:
This latest announcement with Serato and Roland looks interesting I'm a little excited but I'm not so sure I would invest in the buying any more hardware for these types of partnerships. They don't seem to last. Last time I did it, I spent a lot of money and the two companies involved, Serato and Ableton, dropped the ball and blamed each other for this failed partnership. So my advice is don't do it, they won't be committed to each other for very long and you won't get your money back that you have invested. What do you guys think??

Well- it depends what they release.
If it's hardware, then I guess you could compare it to Rane & Serato which was a solid partnership.
pdidy 2:01 AM - 29 August, 2016
The "Live Remix Performance/Producer DJ" is a Niche market so small that it can not sustain itself and is always destine to failure or short lifespans aka "the bridge".
pdidy 2:03 AM - 29 August, 2016
Quote:
there was no money to be made for serato out of the bridge so they canned it

+1
Ragman 4:24 AM - 29 August, 2016
Quote:

I still use the Bridge with Live 8.2/9.0 and SSL 2.5.
J.J. 11:46 PM - 29 August, 2016
The AbletonLink code is actually in Serato DJ.

I assume it will be a future paid plugin. Free with the new Roland gear. We shall know more 9.09.16.
Versipellis 2:49 AM - 30 August, 2016
RIP Bridge. You were fun while it lasted.
Ragman 2:18 AM - 31 August, 2016
Quote:

Far from dead bro. Mine still work.
Versipellis 5:05 AM - 31 August, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Far from dead bro. Mine still work.

If you're still on SSL, yes. I, and many others, made the decision to transition over to SDJ. With some creative routing, you actually don't lose that much functionality not having the Bridge, to be honest, especially once paired with other hardware.
Ragman 6:19 PM - 31 August, 2016
You don't need to transition from SDJ to SSL. I use both on the same laptop. They both share the same library. My point is Bridge is still alive and well just not supported.
Versipellis 7:34 PM - 31 August, 2016
Quote:
You don't need to transition from SDJ to SSL. I use both on the same laptop. They both share the same library. My point is Bridge is still alive and well just not supported.

I hear you, but I DJ with SDJ (mostly because the way the rendering engine works better with QHD screens, also the software FX packs), and I run my Ableton sets with my DJ sets which I use SDJ for.
Ragman 7:35 AM - 1 September, 2016
Gotcha. Well hopefully this Roland / Serato collaboration will produce some similar production systems.
Chino 1:20 PM - 1 September, 2016
I'm really interested in this new Roland/Serato device. I actually dusted off my Roland MC909 and played around with it yesterday. I almost forgot how much fun it is to just power on and play without being tethered to a computer. These days my MV 8800 gets more use but that may change depending on what this Roland/Serato device has to offer.