DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

last night's gig

djgrits7 4:22 PM - 25 August, 2016
so, one of the great things about not getting a chance to practice much in between gigs is how something always shows up that's like, wait how do you do this in here now?

for me last night, I'm wondering where the pan knob is on the pioneer djm s9 mixer? There's gotta be one right?

thanks!
DJ Marv the Maverick 7:23 PM - 25 August, 2016
I couldnt find a crossfader thru switch on the s9 last weekend at a festival. Other djs wanted to use just upfaders only.
djgrits7 7:25 PM - 25 August, 2016
i should know but not familiar with crossfader thru switch? what do you mean?
DJ Marv the Maverick 7:32 PM - 25 August, 2016
Quote:
i should know but not familiar with crossfader thru switch? what do you mean?

a switch that disables the cross fader and just let the music play through.
i am Dj fLiP 10:31 PM - 25 August, 2016
looks like the s9 doesn't have one like the 900nxs does.

sounds like the festival got the wrong type of mixer for the event if other dj's wanted upfaders only.
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:15 AM - 26 August, 2016
Quote:
looks like the s9 doesn't have one like the 900nxs does.

sounds like the festival got the wrong type of mixer for the event if other dj's wanted upfaders only.

I brought my mixer in but some of the other DJs haven't used it before so they wanted to jump on it for their sets.

I know it's a battle mixer but it still appeals to the house guys too because of all the features. Doubt if there will be a four channel mixer with the performance pads.

Quote:
so, one of the great things about not getting a chance to practice much in between gigs is how something always shows up that's like, wait how do you do this in here now?

for me last night, I'm wondering where the pan knob is on the pioneer djm s9 mixer? There's gotta be one right?

thanks!

I don't think there is a pan knob.
Laz219 2:39 AM - 28 August, 2016
Quote:
I couldnt find a crossfader thru switch on the s9 last weekend at a festival. Other djs wanted to use just upfaders only.

I never really expect 2ch mixers to have an Xfader thru, only controls I'd expect to find are a reverse and curve
deezlee 9:59 AM - 28 August, 2016
Put a line under the center of the cross fader with a sticker that says "align crossfader with this line for crossfader thru"
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 8:30 PM - 28 August, 2016
Quote:
Put a line under the center of the cross fader with a sticker that says "align crossfader with this line for crossfader thru"

HA!
DJ Marv the Maverick 9:55 PM - 28 August, 2016
Quote:

LOL. Yeah, that's what happened finally.
deezlee 2:07 PM - 29 August, 2016
Well that's rediculous. The first Dj who asked if the two channel mixer had crossfader-thru shoulda got a blank stare until they apologized for the stupid question and went on their way.
i am Dj fLiP 11:43 PM - 29 August, 2016
you probably could've taped both ends of the crossfader and set the cut to max.

only downside is, if you don't have a tape, or it could take off the prints off the mixer since alot of new mixer's crossfader lines always wear out.