DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Hard Case or Soft Case/Bag?

Josh Clarke 1:48 AM - 24 August, 2016
I currently use a Pioneer DDJ SX2 controller. I travel 4 mile on a weekend to play my set in a fairly popular bar.
I have to take all my own equipment such as speakers, controller and all the leads etc that go with it.
Should i buy a hard case to transport my controller back and forth in in my car, or are bags just as safe with the convenience of holding all the little bits? Thanks
Antonio Essex 1:57 AM - 24 August, 2016
100% hard case. I used a bag for my DDJSX and took it to havasu to spin. Nothing happened to it but after being in boats around drunks I got a case! Worth the money and peace of mind
Taipanic 5:32 PM - 24 August, 2016
I use both. Most of the time my SZ is in a hard case with full top slide and keyboard slide. If I can't use the hard case due to room constraints, I use the soft case, both by Odyssey. The soft case is way lighter and easier to carry, the hard case is heavier and much bigger (won't fit in my car, lol). The soft case also has room for my laptop, mic & cables. The hard case definitely protects the equipment better.
DTweed 5:56 PM - 24 August, 2016
Hard case all the way. It's easier to plug and play also it doubles as a work surface
Josh Clarke 4:00 PM - 25 August, 2016
Thanks, appreciate the feedback. Sold on a hard case!