Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

CDJ 2000 NEXUS Waveforms

robinho 2:13 PM - 23 August, 2016
Hello,

since yesterday, i have a new setup with two Pioneer CDJ 2000 NXS and a DJM 900 NXS and i am a bit surprised that the HID modes are so ugly and incomplete, if I compare it with the screens of the Denon MCX-8000.

Is there any possibility to get the full or advanced wave forms and the whole track information from the serato or rekordbox dj into the CDJ screens?

The only way that I know yet, is to analyse the tracks in rekordbox, export it to a usb stick and put the stick into the CDJ 2000 NXS. But is this really the only way to get all information on the screens? I mean...we are in 2016 and this is honestly not what i´ve expected.

Thanks for your reply.

Best regards,

Rob
Konix 2:45 PM - 23 August, 2016
Unfortunately you don't get scrolling waveforms in HID mode with CDJs/XDJs (in both Serato DJ and Rekordbox).

Unless you have the new CDJ-2000 NXS2s, Pioneer just released an update for them for scrolling waveforms in Rekordbox in HID mode. But only for the CDJ-2000NXS2s.
Tommy Deem 3:23 PM - 23 August, 2016
Use with RB, use Pro Dj link so u get best out of them, basically hid but u get full wave and get ur whole music library to use.
robinho 4:14 PM - 23 August, 2016
@Tommy, thanks for your reply, i will do this.