DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Beatjuggling with different turntables...

wei2007 9:12 PM - 22 August, 2016
I have a question about using two different models of turntables for beatjuggling. i have the vestax 2300-mk2 and vestax 3000-mk2. i have the same slip mats and wax paper on both sides but the 3000-mk2's feel like they take more wrist power to backspin. Therefore, I feel it kinda makes it weird/uneasy to learn advanced beatjuggles since you have to put different amounts of pressure on each side.

so my question is, am i making an excuse to learn these beatjuggles with different turntables or is it recommended that i get the same turntable? Any help would be so helpful. THANKS!
s3kn0tr0n1c 12:02 PM - 23 August, 2016
All you can do is to make one side less slippy or the the other side more slippy by experimenting with different slipmat/paper combos.

Have you made sure its not the vinyl itself?. Try swapping the vinyl to opposite decks just in case ;)
wei2007 3:16 PM - 23 August, 2016
Yeah, I tried swapping vinyl....AHHHHHH...thanks for the advice. I guess I need to try out some Butterrugs