DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

SB2 or SR

RonDu 5:26 PM - 22 August, 2016
Good Afternoon all,

Just want a little insight from my fellow DJ family -

85% of my gigs I use tables but some of them I do use the DDJ-SB. I am getting rid of my CDJs as they haven't been used in almost 3-4 years. I do want to upgrade my controller and trying to see the benefits of getting the SR rather than the SB2.

Now, I am your regular old-school, wicky-wicky DJ who only uses the echo effect and have no reason nor the desire to ever play with more than 2 decks at a time. I've researched the SR and SB2 and I am trying to convince myself to get the SR over the SB2 but can't really find a valid reason why I should. They both will do what I need them to do but the price variance is deterring my stance on the SR.

Any valuable input here?

In advance, thank you.
Joee 10:16 PM - 23 August, 2016
neither ,get the sx2 you will be much happier, i plus a few people i know have had issues with the sr ,plus the sound card in the sx seems to sound better
577er 1:04 AM - 24 August, 2016
I have both, the looping is nicer on the Sr. and it has balanced outs and a monitor send, otherwise if you play house etc I'd say go with the SB2 for portability. It's great for throwing in a backpack and does most of what the SR does. I particularly prefer the echo on the SB2, even though it feels like a toy.
riadfire 2:23 AM - 24 August, 2016
I Would go with the SR just because it feels a bit more professional then a sb2, but if you are not in need of a controller right away i would save up some more money for a SX, i see them being sold used with A Case for 600 dollars and even lower.
RonDu 6:01 PM - 24 August, 2016
Thank you all for the input!

*dapz*