Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

trolled by auto play?

jdh 7:35 PM - 21 August, 2016
I turned on auto play and opened my tropical house crate

Go to bathroom

Leave bathroom, Fuck the Police is playing at a brunch with old ppl and toddlers. Quickly mixed out.

How do you select for auto play?
JayB1200 8:25 PM - 21 August, 2016
Lol.... !

Same thing happened to me at a wedding. had some Jazz playing for cocktail hour. i went outside to breakdown my other speaker that i used for the ceremony. when i came back in a Cassidy Acapella Freestyle was playing. Lol, luckily i had the music low, and everyone was just coming in.
Ragman 9:02 PM - 21 August, 2016
Wow sorry but I really laughed hard on that one.

Anyway once autoplay is done with a crate it moves on to the next crate. In your case it was probably your gangster rap crate.
jdh 9:05 PM - 21 August, 2016
Quote:
Wow sorry but I really laughed hard on that one.

Anyway once autoplay is done with a crate it moves on to the next crate. In your case it was probably your gangster rap crate.

I had a good laugh too after i mixed out.

But I hadn't finished my tropical house crate, there were at least a dozen songs unplayed in it.
deejdave 1:22 AM - 22 August, 2016
Did you start it at the top? It goes in order. It will ignore already played or not played yet and instead just go in order of placement.
jdh 4:23 AM - 22 August, 2016
Quote:
Did you start it at the top? It goes in order. It will ignore already played or not played yet and instead just go in order of placement.

I didnt think about placement because i never sort by it. But now that I think about it the track I played before would have been the most recently added one, and therefore last in place.

Thanks
DjSyndic8 6:55 AM - 22 August, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

I didnt think about placement because i never sort by it. But now that I think about it the track I played before would have been the most recently added one, and therefore last in place.

Thanks

lol that happened to me to i was playing to old people and I went to the bar to get a drink and all I heard was "Joey Crack the Dog Mother Fucker" never ran so fast in my life
DJ Marv the Maverick 12:33 PM - 22 August, 2016
With autoplay I just drag a few songs into the preparation window and use that.
I dont autoplay from crates as I might have a few versions of one single track.
So bathroom break, when the bladder is filling up I start adding tracks to the preparation crate. Usually around four or five tracks tops.
Mr Wilks 10:49 PM - 22 August, 2016
Hahahahahaha!!!

I'm actually crying with laughter at this... Sorry, but it's proper tickled me!
Marv Incredible 7:36 AM - 25 August, 2016
Haha. A similar thing happened to me when I was doing a kid's party with video. The Mum asked for a couple of birthday songs so I did a search and loaded up one of the results.

Just as I did it, I got called to a slight emergency in another room and whilst I was dealing with that, I suddenly realised I could hear 'Go Shelia, it's your birthday!'.

Now, anyone who knows 2 Live Crew knows their videos definitely ain't for kids.
Mortified, I ran back in time to see a few parents with open jaws and confused looks and a few kids shakin their thing trying to copy what they were seeing on-screen.

That was the first and last time I ever made that mistake. >.<
DJBotz 10:40 AM - 25 August, 2016
Quote:

Go to bathroom

Leave bathroom, Fuck the Police is playing at a brunch with old ppl and toddlers. Quickly mixed out.

You had me at "Quickly mixed out" seriously? You took the time to "mix" out of a song like that?
jdh 12:32 AM - 27 August, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Go to bathroom

You had me at "Quickly mixed out" seriously? You took the time to "mix" out of a song like that?

only a five second crossfade

not like i was waiting for the chorus to end or anything haha
Cwite 4:31 PM - 27 August, 2016
I got caught out with this also, so I invested a lot of time in understanding how auto play actually works.

Find a crate of songs you want to play. Or send tracks to the prepare list. Now order them top to bottom how ever you want. By name, key, artist or actually order them with #.

Select your first track or the track you want to start with and load it to the deck you want to auto play from, press play on that deck.

You can now move away from this list completely. Auto play remembers what area or list you loaded from and ignore all other lists even if it is not displayed on screen, and continues to load in the order you specified from the next track down in that specific list.

This is great, because you can prepare a load of tracks in the prepare area, then send them to a new crate, and then tell it to play from this new crate, effectively freeing up the prepare area again. It also gives you the option to create very controlled play lists for background segments.

This is where it gets interesting. If you load 4 different songs, from 4 different crates, all of them will continue to load from the individual lists specified, and in their current running order until you load from a new area.