Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

where to get RANE 62 serviced now?

mikeyisdope 5:55 PM - 21 August, 2016
We had a patron spill a drink on a rane 62. We tried driving the mixer up to RANE in Mukilteo and the doors are shuttered. Another one of our resident DJs tried calling the support number and all he got was a message saying Rane was on a company picnic. He got this message all week. Where do we get our Rane products serviced now?? Thanks
popnwave 7:38 PM - 21 August, 2016
You'll probably have to wait until InMusic provides some sort of update on their site.
deejdave 1:26 AM - 22 August, 2016
Quote:
You'll probably have to wait until InMusic provides some sort of update on their site.

I am not sure they will take responsibility of legacy hardware. Rae themselves sure made it pretty clear they were not. As a matter of fact they did not even want much of the replacement parts from Rane thus leads to the obvious that there is a reason they would not want them. This is no different than the new Vestax acquisition etc. Furthermore they did not even keep the VAST majority of Rane employees leading to the obvious question of who would do the servicing if the people who built them are no longer employed?????

I am hopeful something will be done myself as I just got a brand spanking new Rane 64 less than a month ago (supposedly the last one shipped from the Rane warehouse) but being realistic as I try to be the future seems grim at best.
popnwave 4:06 PM - 22 August, 2016
Quote:

I am hopeful something will be done myself as I just got a brand spanking new Rane 64 less than a month ago (supposedly the last one shipped from the Rane warehouse) but being realistic as I try to be the future seems grim at best.

Very true, the optimist in me and the love of the brand is still hoping for something, BUT.. I think the worst part is the timing with the El Cap stuff. I just wouldn't trust the eq on anything past Yosemite into the future because the last wave of drivers just eked out before everything went poof.
DJ Unique 6:00 PM - 22 August, 2016
….tracking….

Some of the buttons on my 62 are starting to mis-fire. I guess I'm in the same situation.
deejdave 10:39 PM - 22 August, 2016
I would get in touch with ex Rane employees RIGHT AWAY. I know at least two who started a small "operation" with much of the parts Numark had no intention of picking up. This includes faceplates, buttons, faders, pots etc. I mean I doubt Numark has any plans of reinventing the knobs for existing mixers so them NOT wanting the old stock pretty much tells the future.............. I think.
Quote:
Very true, the optimist in me and the love of the brand is still hoping for something, BUT.. I think the worst part is the timing with the El Cap stuff. I just wouldn't trust the eq on anything past Yosemite into the future because the last wave of drivers just eked out before everything went poof.

El Cap is the worst thing to happen to digital musicians EVER !!! LOL
woody008 2:31 PM - 23 August, 2016
Those shuttered doors don't inspire any confidence. If Rane's ex-employees are industrious and business savvy they will fill the void left by Rane, both in service and product. Let's keep our fingers crossed.
deejdave 4:21 PM - 23 August, 2016
They lost all authorization to work on Rane hardware the day Rane was sold and all obviously lose any rights to carry on the name. They discussed moving forward onto other projects but unfortunately unanimously agreed the juice was not worth the squeeze. Similar to Technics issue where "loyal" customers end up being peeps who purchased product YEARS ago and wish to use forever for the most part. Very effective for the end user but a hardware developers worst nightmare. Best bet is to accept what this is and plan accordingly. Very unfortunate.
deejdave 4:23 PM - 23 August, 2016
For all who are interested in this topic though feel free to contact these guys via Facebook etc. they are actually being quite open about this. They are not anymore positive about this than anyone else.
DJUnknown 10:48 PM - 23 August, 2016
Did you call the new number which is listed on Rane.com?
deejdave 10:58 PM - 23 August, 2016
You mean InMusic (Numark) support?

-----------NUMARK-----------
WORLD HEADQUARTERS
Numark Industries, LP
200 Scenic View Drive
Cumberland, RI 02864
United States
Tel: 401.658.3131
Fax: 401.658.3640
www.numark.com

---------------RANE-------------
Rane corporation
200 Scenic View Drive
Cumberland, RI 02864
United States
Tel: 401-659-8192
Fax: 401-658-3640
dj.rane.com

Notice the ONLY difference is the telephone number and this is ONLY so they know the product you are calling for............................. ALL InMusic LOL
D J VAN, INTERNATIONAL 11:13 PM - 23 August, 2016
hi can someone pls tell me if i can upgrade to El cap and use RANE 62
deejdave 11:15 PM - 23 August, 2016
deejdave 11:15 PM - 23 August, 2016
That being said....................... I wouldn't.
popnwave 1:54 AM - 24 August, 2016
Quote:
hi can someone pls tell me if i can upgrade to El cap and use RANE 62

Don't do it..
D J VAN, INTERNATIONAL 6:48 AM - 24 August, 2016
THANKS BUT WHY? I AM ON 10.10.5 YOSEMITE BUT MY COMPUTER IF I AM DOING ANOTHER THING IT JUST GO OFF IF I TURN IT BACK ON AFTER 5 MIN GO OFF AGAIN SO I WAS THINKING
DJ Tecniq 7:15 AM - 24 August, 2016
Quote:
THANKS BUT WHY? I AM ON 10.10.5 YOSEMITE BUT MY COMPUTER IF I AM DOING ANOTHER THING IT JUST GO OFF IF I TURN IT BACK ON AFTER 5 MIN GO OFF AGAIN SO I WAS THINKING
Then that's clear your computer has a defect. A computer shutting down by itself is not normal. What year model is yours? There are some 2010-2011 models that had bad video cards that resulted in shutdowns. Actually was a recall on quite a few of them. Take it to an Apple Store and have them run a diagnostics test. Sounds like you got a bad one. Upgrading OSX will not fix this. Good luck
deejdave 12:57 PM - 24 August, 2016
You can check via apple website with the serial on the bottom of Macbook if your specific laptop was affected.
deejdave 12:58 PM - 24 August, 2016
But yes either way something wron and I don't see upgrading to a newer lesser stable OS being a step in the right direction.
deejdave 9:53 PM - 28 August, 2016
FYI After speaking with new InMusic Reps they are claiming to offer parts and support so this looks promising but only time will tell being this is seemingly a he said/she said situation. Fortunately/Unfortunately this will sort itself out sooner rather than later. To add to this we may see some new Rane (InMusic) HW before you know it. So many have wanted to see a Rane controller and those with enough foresight knew it could never happen due to having ZERO experience with platters etc. Anyways that all may be possible now. Time will tell if the quality and standards remain but in all honesty the odds are vastly against them. Viva la Rane!!
Ragman 3:55 AM - 29 August, 2016
This is extremely screwed up. It's like watching someone purchase a Rembrandt and then hanging it up in a barber shop.
deejdave 10:37 PM - 29 August, 2016
Yeah but who is really to blame. It is also like an art connoisseur selling their Rembrandt to one of the Kardashians.................... Rane full knew who and what they were selling to. Just business I suppose.
djmacklong 10:56 PM - 29 August, 2016
You can run El Cap with a Rane 62 just fine. The rest of these dudes are just scurrrrrrred.
deejdave 11:31 PM - 29 August, 2016
Quote:
You can run El Cap with a Rane 62 just fine. The rest of these dudes are just scurrrrrrred.

Absolutely. I am scared of death too. Both are things I will avoid at all costs both have proven to be bad ideas remember these posts showing up in every DJ blog? idmmag.com While there have been improvements etc. I see no reason to risk it with my performance machines. I did however upgrade one of my everyday MBP's. Also many still use SSL and this is not supported by El Capitan. Many are having issues but some are finding workarounds serato.com
dj zaza 5:33 AM - 30 August, 2016
but according to you should still have a 62? how long will be supported? I talk to the driver level, with El Capitan if there were all these problems, believe that by Rane there will still be the will to develop drivers, because now sold.