DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Pioneer DJM-S9 Crossfader Issue

djelementz7 1:12 PM - 21 August, 2016
This seems to only happen on the s9. I never had this issue before. My curve is set dead in the middle and if I have two tracks playing, I will not get the full volume of the song coming in until I cross it a little over half. This sounds like s**t in the club..because when you crossover and drop the next song in...volume goes way up and it just sounds unclean. I tried screwing with the curve, by adjusting slightly left or right from middle setting and dont work. I have no clue what the workaround for this would be. Do I just have a bad fader? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
djransom 9:04 PM - 22 August, 2016
I always keep my curve turned all the way to the right on my S9 and this is not an issue for me. Music comes in full as soon as the fader is moved.
djelementz7 9:15 PM - 22 August, 2016
yeah man good call...I think I'm just going to roll with that way...thanks for responding!
s3kn0tr0n1c 12:04 PM - 23 August, 2016
yeh keep cross fader sharp for quick cuts and use channel faders for smooth fades ;)
DJ Marv the Maverick 7:28 PM - 25 August, 2016
Quote:
yeh keep cross fader sharp for quick cuts and use channel faders for smooth fades ;)

Yup, Thats how its done.

Crossfader for scratching and cuts, Upfaders for blends