Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Official Serato Performance Vinyl 7"

BBN 10:06 AM - 21 August, 2016
Am I the only one who wants some 7" official Serato performance records?

I see a lot of DJs not only playing regular 7" vinyl, they even scratch and juggle them like a 12".
A Serato 7" could help to just try out the feeling of a 7", before buying real 7" records.
Or maybe some old Reggae or Funk DJs will enjoy 7" Serato Vinyl more than a 12".
So we'd be able to get used to the feeling and try out things.

On the other hand there's portable scratching, which is a fast growing scene and even gets bigger with the new Numark PT01 Scratch that got introduced last week. And I allready heard of at least two brands comming up with portable turntables for scratching at NAMM next year.

I know Serato allready had 7" records in the past, so just bring 'em back please.
BBN 8:35 AM - 24 October, 2016
Looks like I'm the only portablist in here.
Took some scissors and cut my own in the meantime.
BBN 11:49 AM - 25 October, 2016
Those records are never available in Germany and if they are it's up to 100€.
Logisticalstyles 7:20 PM - 25 October, 2016
That sucks. I just ordered a pair for 42.00 including shipping.
deejdave 9:11 PM - 25 October, 2016
Quote:
Those records are never available in Germany and if they are it's up to 100€.

This sounds like a local issue and should be directed toward your local DJ shop/s. If Serato released another one or even two 7" release there is nothing stopping them from being just as unavailable and expensive even if they were called performance series instead of A-trak's.

I think this may also be creating the feeling you are the only portablist as most are just able to get the A-trak's and cheap. Got a bunch of them for $15 including shipping myself and I don't know how much cheaper CV could possibly get TBH :)
deejdave 9:12 PM - 25 October, 2016
Quote:
Got a bunch of them for $15 including shipping

Price per not total btw LOL.
BBN 9:58 AM - 28 February, 2017
What happened to the official 7" vinyls that have been announced at this years NAMM Show?
Where can I buy them?
spike12 4:58 PM - 28 February, 2017
pbs.twimg.com

I think this is the cheapest setup for serato money can buy.
Serato, Support
Matt P 5:13 PM - 28 February, 2017
Quote:
What happened to the official 7" vinyls that have been announced at this years NAMM Show?
Where can I buy them?

Coming shortly, there was a manufacturer mis hap that pushed the order back. Should see these very soon.