Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Projection mapping...anyone doing it???

Rebelguy 2:28 AM - 20 August, 2016
Is anyone doing projection mapping in here? If so what program are you using. A few folks have recommended Grand VJ but madmapper get a lot of love also. Thoughts? Any others?
the SOUNDINSURGENT 3:46 AM - 20 August, 2016
Resolume Arena is the shit!!

Also check out VPT, its free and pretty good 👌
DJ Baby Boy 4:59 AM - 20 August, 2016
I second Area ... I use that for absolutely every video gig I do mapping or not I always syphon ME into on it's own layer and have 3 other layers that I use with all my other stuff
Rebelguy 11:35 PM - 21 August, 2016
Thanks for the input so far.

Are you guys using a separate computer for Arena? If not what are the specs on the computers you are running it on?
DJ Baby Boy 1:44 AM - 22 August, 2016
Running all off one laptop for me and I'm running SDJ with PnT on either a 62 with techs or cdj2000's in HID plus dicers or reloop neons or using a ddjsx2 both setups with an iPad via lighting cable for Lemur plus ME 3 and Resolume Arena 5 on a 15" 2012 MBP 2.3 i7 512gb video and everything connected to the computer via the OWC thunderbolt 2 dock including my MyPassport Pro 4tb thunderbolt external and I have no issues with this setup at all ... I will hopefully be upgrading to a brand new retina soon though mainly for editing on the go when I'm away from my iMac
the SOUNDINSURGENT 1:50 AM - 22 August, 2016
Yup same here, using a 2012 Macbook with the same specs as Baby Boy.

I use turntables or a set of CDJ 850's or a set of Denon 5500's. The CDJ's ill use in HID mode. I use a DJM 850 and Pioneer DDJ SP1.
DJ Reflex 2:18 AM - 25 August, 2016
Quote:
Resolume Arena is the shit!!

Also check out VPT, its free and pretty good 👌

I tried VPT... couldn't get it to work properly. It looked promising, but I'm not sure I was setting it up correctly.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 3:07 AM - 25 August, 2016
Yeah it can be confusing at first but watch the videos he has, it'll help out a lot.

Watchm.youtube.com
Mr Wilks 2:31 AM - 26 August, 2016
Give HeavyM a try. Its great and gas a basic watermarked free version for home use.

I love it!