Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

MCX8000 dropouts

DJNitro12 10:51 PM - 15 August, 2016
First let me tell you my about pc's to eliminate that.
pc1 i7 quad core w/ 12gb of ram Win 7 Pro
1st HD m.2 SSD 256gb for os
2nd HD 2TB SSD containing all my Videos
3rd HD 1TB SSD for mp3's
pc2 i5 quad core w/ 16gb of ram Win 7 home
1st HD 128GB SSD for OS
2nd 1TB SSD for videos
3rd 2TB 7,200 rpm for mp3's
now to my problem.... when playing with my MCX, it just randomly stops playing for 2-45sec for no reason on either side. Doesn't seem to matter if I have the buffer at lowest or highest setting. When it does play, I can scratch, loop, use sampler, etc fine. I also MC4000 and MC6000MKII that run flawlessly. What am I missing? Here's some samples of it messing up. PS it has the latest firmware from Denon

www.mediafire.com

www.mediafire.com

www.mediafire.com
Chino 2:38 AM - 16 August, 2016
^^^@ DJNitro12… Are you using the latest SDJ version 1.9.2? When you experience the drop outs, do you have Pitch N Time activated? Are you playing vidz when you experience these issues? One last question…Does it occur in standalone mode?

I have noticed that SDJ is very "sensitive" when it comes to MIDI controllers. If your using multiple controllers it seems to cause conflicts (audio drop outs, distortion,freezes etc). I would recommend deleting the MIDI info of the controller not being used. That is part of the reason I partitioned my HD and I only run SDJ 1.9.2 with OSX 10.11.5 using 1 controller. I have my HD partitioned to OSX 10.8.5 too. I use SSL and other MIDI devices all at the same time without any conflicts. SSL just works without all these issues.

I have experienced 1 freeze since updating to SDJ 1.9.2 (I use a mid 2012 MBP). The right side of my MCx8000 became unresponsive. I could not play a song or even eject it. I closed out of SDJ and restarted and that corrected the issue. I did notice that I had Pitch N Time activated when the freeze occurred. I would recommend restoring the unit to factory default in the UTILITY menu of your MCx8000. If that doesn't correct the issue then contact support.

mid 2012 MBP OSX 10.8.5 2.6 i7 quad core 16GB RAM 750GB HD
partitioned HD OSX 10.11.5 (EL Capitan)
DJNitro12 2:42 AM - 16 August, 2016
Does not occur in standalone and it's the only controller or midi device I have hooked up. After reading some forums I tried without pnt and video and same results.
Chino 2:59 AM - 16 August, 2016
Have you tried switching the USB port that you use. I know that for MACs, the USB port closest to the power supply is generally the more stable/powerful one. Not sure if that's the same for Windows based computers but it's worth a shot.
DJNitro12 3:02 AM - 16 August, 2016
Yeah I did and on different laptops too.
DJ DU 4:57 AM - 16 August, 2016
Quote:
Yeah I did and on different laptops too.

I having the same issue. Also in Serato only the screens freeze every time on the MCX8000. I saw on youtube that I'm not the only one having this issue.
DJNitro12 2:10 AM - 17 August, 2016
C'mon Serato & Denon people, where you at?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 2:58 AM - 17 August, 2016
Hey Nitro,

Best way to get technical support is through our support team here: support.serato.com

Open a ticket and someone will be in touch to help you out :)

sam.
DJNitro12 3:07 AM - 17 August, 2016
211890 is the support ticket I got when I contacted support.
roger537 12:52 AM - 6 December, 2016
Im having the same problem. Has anybody found a fix? The only thing i can think off is a broken usb port on the controller side. It happened with my numark nv. Is the only thing cause the problem just came out of the blue.
Serato, Support
Nathaniel T 3:42 AM - 6 December, 2016
Hey roger537,

What are the specs of your computer?

What version of Serato DJ are you using?
DJ Gugge 6:33 AM - 6 December, 2016
Quote:

now to my problem.... when playing with my MCX, it just randomly stops playing for 2-45sec for no reason on either side. Doesn't seem to matter if I have the buffer at lowest or highest setting. When it does play, I can scratch, loop, use sampler, etc fine. I also MC4000 and MC6000MKII that run flawlessly. What am I missing? Here's some samples of it messing up. PS it has the latest firmware from Denon

I have also experience similar problem, but just the Denon MCX8000 screen freezes. But I use MBP.

What I think I can nail it down to:
Serato sometimes do some db updates or update some Mp3 Tags (why I don't know because I have not updated anything just playing tracks, i just see a yellow text in the left corner update library.) When this happens in 50% of the times the external Screen stop working.
I have a large library on about 25 000 Mp3 files that generate a large Db.
In most cases also all controller function as CUE/play, Pitch, LED indicator also stop working in 1-3 Sec. sound still playing.
So why is Serato sometimes do Library updates without the user has change any Mp3 tags or other things that should end up to an update?
roger537 10:52 AM - 6 December, 2016
Im using hp omen i7 and gtx 860m. Plenty of power. Turns out that by using the power supply as a way to raise the controller in the case the power supply was getting g hot and overheating causing the stutter.
DJNitro12 10:58 PM - 22 December, 2016
Quote:
Hey roger537,

What are the specs of your computer?

What version of Serato DJ are you using?

Here's mine Win 7 Pro
i7 5500U 2.4ghz
12 GB RAM
OS is on a 256 M.2 SSD
MP3 & MP4's on a 2TB SSD (Both Internal)