Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

1.9.2 dropout

DJ Tecniq 4:18 PM - 14 August, 2016
Had a slight 1-2 sec dropout for no apparent reason w/Pioneer S9. Wifi was on but was not using it. CPU wasn't even a quarter full w/video. Also preview screens were missing in Serato video so had to restart before my set and they magically appeared again. Before I restarted Serato crashes on exit (really getting tired of that). What has actually been fixed? Can you at least fix the crash on exit. This program sucks😕 Back to 1.9.1 my only suggestion keep working on stability.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 7:34 PM - 14 August, 2016
Hey Tecniq,

Probably best to get in touch with support for help with this over here: support.serato.com We can look into what's going wrong for you.

sam.
DJ Tecniq 8:11 PM - 14 August, 2016
I think it's best at the point a complete rewrite of the entire program would be beneficial. Have read lots of problems with 1.9.2 I'm gonna use 1.9.1 for now. No need to start a help request as I think it lies in the current version itself. Thanks.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 8:31 PM - 14 August, 2016
That would not be beneficial. What would be beneficial is to try and find out what's going wrong for you but if you don't want this help then that's your call man.

When you'd like to get some help from our team, you can open a help request in the usual area.

Cheers,

sam.
deejdave 9:42 PM - 14 August, 2016
He is just flexing for his #fixseratodj buddies :)
DJ Tecniq 2:53 AM - 15 August, 2016
Quote:
That would not be beneficial. What would be beneficial is to try and find out what's going wrong for you but if you don't want this help then that's your call man.

When you'd like to get some help from our team, you can open a help request in the usual area.

Cheers,

sam.
Okay I will start a help ticket then. But I still want to downgrade.
DJ Tecniq 2:54 AM - 15 August, 2016
Quote:
He is just flexing for his #fixseratodj buddies :)
There is a resin there's a hashtag for that😉 it's not like we use it on purpose✋🏼
DJ Tecniq 2:54 AM - 15 August, 2016
Reason*
DJ Tecniq 4:06 AM - 15 August, 2016
Quote:

Cheers,

sam.
Well I downloaded 1.9.1 and started a new database V2 file and still getting crash on exit...Doesn't matter if I'm online/offline it "always" happens. What is my next step? I'm getting tired of this.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 4:16 AM - 15 August, 2016
Hey man, the next step is to work with our support team on this. Open a help ticket please and someone will troubleshoot with you to find out what's wrong.

Cheers,

Sam.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 4:20 AM - 15 August, 2016
Kane from the support team has mentioned you've now got a ticket open with him - he'll help you out so we can get to the bottom of this :)

sam.
DJ Tecniq 6:03 AM - 15 August, 2016
Quote:
Kane from the support team has mentioned you've now got a ticket open with him - he'll help you out so we can get to the bottom of this :)

sam.
Thanks
The Return of Dj Sparky 9:37 AM - 15 August, 2016
I love that email serato sent the other day, and then releases a new build due to crashes ha ha

"Free upgrade for Scratch Live users »

Did you know that as an existing Scratch Live user it’s free to upgrade to Serato DJ for supported hardware.

Testing has shown that Serato DJ 1.9.2 is more reliable and provides greater performance than Scratch Live on most computers. This upgrade will also give you better features such as:

More cue points and loops
Improved FX powered by iZotope
Upgraded Sample player
Key analysis and display
Access to our popular Expansion Packs"
i am Dj fLiP 6:11 PM - 15 August, 2016
rofl @ you guys.

damn that sucks that you're starting to run into issues Tecniq.
glad i haven't commited to jump from 1.9.1 to 1.9.2.

well we're getting close to 2.0 version, so let's hope it's a complete rewrite this time around.
maybe they can import a person or two from VDJ/Traktor/RB devs. but i'm sure SDJ 2.0 won't be for another 5 years.
DJ Tecniq 6:21 PM - 15 August, 2016
Quote:
rofl @ you guys.

damn that sucks that you're starting to run into issues Tecniq.
glad i haven't commited to jump from 1.9.1 to 1.9.2.

well we're getting close to 2.0 version, so let's hope it's a complete rewrite this time around.
maybe they can import a person or two from VDJ/Traktor/RB devs. but i'm sure SDJ 2.0 won't be for another 5 years.
What's funny is I never get this crash on exit with Scratchlive...go figure. Ancient software that isn't even supported anymore seems to be more reliable than any current crap that's out. What a joke😕
i am Dj fLiP 6:40 PM - 15 August, 2016
Quote:
What's funny is I never get this crash on exit with Scratchlive...go figure. Ancient software that isn't even supported anymore seems to be more reliable than any current crap that's out. What a joke😕

yeaaahh.. like i said, most stable will probably take 5 years.. and that's when the new SDJVJAutoSyncLOLGFTO software rolls out.
LoDaDJ 9:00 PM - 15 August, 2016
why all of these problems with serato? VDJ or traktor doesn't drop out or crash like this program does!! ive used both of them flawlessly with no problems!! I like Serato but its killing me with these crashes, in the middle of my performances, that you cant even start a ticket for when it crashes like its supposed to!! you need some tips from these guys?! I start poppin sweat, its embarrassing!! Cmon guys, how can they do it with these same controllers you have and they work without crashes!!
LJ_WOOLSEY 9:52 PM - 15 August, 2016
What crashes SDJ 1.9.2 works perfect for me and the most stable release of SDJ so far.
Philmixit 10:11 PM - 15 August, 2016
Same here, I don't understand how these people having so much problem. serato 1.9.2 is the best by far! good job to the team of SERATO.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 10:12 PM - 15 August, 2016
Hey everyone,

This is why it's important to get in touch with support. Crashes can be very inconsistent and can be caused by any number of independent variables - we need to work with you to troubleshoot and find out what's wrong. It can even be one random file on your computer that is causing you issues and we can help figure this out with you.

If you have any issues, please contact support here: support.serato.com, send them an email at support@serato.com or send us a private message on Facebook and someone will be in touch to help you individually.

Cheers,

sam.
Philmixit 10:19 PM - 15 August, 2016
I am sick of the wining, that a lot of people are compearing VDJ or tractor with Serato, when the problem could be on there end. get in touch with support.
deejdave 10:36 PM - 15 August, 2016
Traktor will no longer even install on two of my laptops (one being a Macbook Pro) and VDJ no longer works on one of mine. SDJ is working on all four to this day. Little hiccups and works better on some laptops than others but at least it installs and works. Djay Pro seems to be working with no issues whatsoever but I firmly believe this to be due to the fact they support one platform thus can keep their resources aimed in the right direction at all times.

Point is its all about personal experiences and if you think for ONE second that things are just peachy elsewhere you are living in the clouds. One visit at Pio forums or N.I. forums and you will quickly learn this. Won't see it VDJ forums however due to the strict forum mods but trust it exists.

It SUCKS having issues but there are ways to go about things. No sense beating a dead horse you either get it or you don't. Just my thoughts on it anyways. I understand there are multiple ways to think about it and I am wondering if yours is working for you?