Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Still No Fix for TAB between Crates and Songs?

PapaDrew 4:11 PM - 14 August, 2016
In previous versions of stand alone mode, when preparing crates etc, one used to be able to tab between crates and songs. So, if you searched for a track, you could just hit the tab key instead of mouse clicking. Seemingly small thing but when you are doing this over and over for a lot of songs, any mouse clicking that can be avoided is a good thing! Why was this feature disabled?
nik39 11:36 AM - 16 August, 2016
It's a known bug, not a feature which was disabled on purpose.
Despo 2:34 AM - 17 August, 2016
this is the sole reason I still use dj 1.8.2, I cannot believe they broke such a simple thing and refuse to fix it for about ten iterations!! it completely fucks up my workflow and I refuse to use any newer version. There should be more people from the community commenting on this, I can handle shitty distorted echo out effects, buggy sticker lock but not being able to quickly load songs is unacceptable
AKIEM 2:38 AM - 17 August, 2016
Theres a LOT of small work flow breaking items they won't ever fix....
nik39 12:57 PM - 17 August, 2016
Quote:
it completely fucks up my workflow and I refuse to use any newer version.

This is my biggest gripe - changing the workflow.

1.9.3 has changed a few important keyboard shortcuts for me, and of course I am not very happy with it. Also I don't like how this (for me) has not been explicitly mentioned. Instead it says:

serato.com

Quote:
• Keyboard shortcuts adjusted to included Sampler slots 7-8
cee 4 2:28 AM - 28 August, 2016
I can't use my scroll knob on my 2000.00 rane 62 which is part of the reason I bought the 62 was so I didn't have to touch the laptop to search for music. Here I am touching the laptop 2000 dollars later this fucking sucks and totally screws up my work flow.
Versipellis 2:54 AM - 30 August, 2016
Seems fine to me...?
Despo 6:07 AM - 22 September, 2016
1.9.3 just came out and the bug is still not fixed I just can't get over with. Everytime I press cmd + F to search for a track I can't tab select it, I have to click the damn thing to load it and there is no other way. I CAN'T LIVE WITH IT
PapaDrew 7:05 PM - 27 February, 2017
1.9.5 and still no fix for this bug? This is a major workflow downgrade! Searching for songs and tabbing between the windows is important. Why add an unnecessary mouse click? Please, Serato, fix this!
Despo 8:29 PM - 27 February, 2017
it's already fixed in the 1.9.6 beta, thank god
Serato, Moderator
James_M 8:53 PM - 27 February, 2017
Hey everyone,

Despo is right - we've got this fixed in the 1.9.6 Public Beta. Feel free to have a try - otherwise hold out for a release very soon :)

Cheers,

James
PapaDrew 9:00 PM - 27 February, 2017
Yes! Look forward to the update. Thank you!
Joop 10:28 PM - 3 March, 2017
It is a pitty to have to note that scratch live felt much much more stable than serato dj... I was a big fan of scratch live. Now I am afraid every time I download a new release. What would be the next bug...
And you have to upgrade because your previous version still contains bugs. This bug whereby you cannot tab after searching for a song is really enoying.

Stability should have been and must always be the first priority! Not adding another round of extra features. In the days of Scratch live this message was much better understood by serato.
Please find your stability back!
Thanks.
Chino 10:56 PM - 3 March, 2017
Quote:
It is a pitty to have to note that scratch live felt much much more stable than serato dj... I was a big fan of scratch live. Now I am afraid every time I download a new release. What would be the next bug...
And you have to upgrade because your previous version still contains bugs. This bug whereby you cannot tab after searching for a song is really enoying.

Stability should have been and must always be the first priority! Not adding another round of extra features. In the days of Scratch live this message was much better understood by serato.
Please find your stability back!

+1000. I still use SSL for the majority of my gigs for this very reason.