Off-topic Discussion

That which does not fit elsewhere. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Why did you become a dj?

djdonny007 12:18 PM - 11 August, 2016
Someone asked me this question recently and my immediate answer was my love for music and entertaining crowds but after asking that same question to a few of my dj friends i realised that lot of dj's got into the industry for different reasons so...guys why did u or what inspired u to become a dj?
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:43 PM - 11 August, 2016
Quote:
Someone asked me this question recently and my immediate answer was my love for music and entertaining crowds but after asking that same question to a few of my dj friends i realised that lot of dj's got into the industry for different reasons so...guys why did u or what inspired u to become a dj?

I did it so i could casually post on a dj forum all day
DJ Ravien 9:54 PM - 11 August, 2016
Quote:

LMFAO and I thought I was the only one.
djdonny007 4:47 AM - 12 August, 2016

Lol good 1
Marv Incredible 11:25 AM - 12 August, 2016
Quote:
what inspired u to become a dj?

For me, it was seeing DJ Cash Money on Tim Westwood's N-Sign Radio in the UK in 1988. I was already interested and playing around with DJing before that but this was one of the performances I remember truly inspiring me.
Watchwww.youtube.com
Rick G 2:10 PM - 16 August, 2016
To me any answer other than "for the love of music" is a poser lol......

But honestly. that's why i do it. i think music can spark so many emotions, and i love to use it to project energy and happiness.

"Music speaks to people, and if you tell a good story with it they will listen."
djdonny007 5:14 PM - 16 August, 2016
Quote:
To me any answer other than "for the love of music" is a poser lol......

But honestly. that's why i do it. i think music can spark so many emotions, and i love to use it to project energy and happiness.

"Music speaks to people, and if you tell a good story with it they will listen."

I totally agree with that
djdonny007 5:37 PM - 16 August, 2016
I remember how as a kid i used to listen to the radio and hearing a song i would think which song would fit in and mix it in my mind lol and i can remember the very 1st "mix" i made were with 2 tdk cassettes of songs i recorded from the radio
Rick G 6:23 PM - 16 August, 2016
i hear ya DJdonny007. i used a old pioneer dual cassete deck that actually had a pitch control... use to mix it in with my 1200's.

i still remember (sorta) my very first mix from 30 years ago.
i cant remember the first song, but i mixed it into prince 1999..

i killed power on the turntable for the first song and mixed in ... "dont worry i wont hurt you......" it went over pretty good. later i mixed billy idols mony mony "hung like a pony remix" into pointer sisters... ahhh the good old days....lol..
djdonny007 6:30 PM - 16 August, 2016
Quote:
i hear ya DJdonny007. i used a old pioneer dual cassete deck that actually had a pitch control... use to mix it in with my 1200's.

i still remember (sorta) my very first mix from 30 years ago.
i cant remember the first song, but i mixed it into prince 1999..

i killed power on the turntable for the first song and mixed in ... "dont worry i wont hurt you......" it went over pretty good. later i mixed billy idols

mony mony "hung like a pony remix" into pointer sisters... ahhh the good old days....lol..

Now that is what it means to have "love for music".
DJ Remix Detroit 3:01 AM - 22 August, 2016
the bitches