DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Last remaining Rane DJ knob inventory - get it now!

goldarn 6:22 PM - 7 August, 2016
Yes, it's true, it sucks. Rane has been sold, the inventory liquidated and loose parts disposed of. Good luck getting replacements.

As a former employee, I was able to make a last minute purchase from Rane.

You guys and gals WIN, with official knobs, identical to the ones on your mixers, for an incredible blow-out price. Get them now while supplies last, because once they are gone, they are gone forever.

Fader caps
www.ebay.com
www.ebay.com

EQ / Level knobs for TTM57 and TTM56
www.ebay.com
www.ebay.com

EQ / Level knobs for Sixty-Eight : Sixty-two Z-trip : and more
www.ebay.com
www.ebay.com
www.ebay.com
www.ebay.com

Load Scroll knobs
www.ebay.com
www.ebay.com
www.ebay.com

and ya'll know these work on other brand mixers too. Keep your eyes peeled on the store, rare items will be slowly uploaded. Any requests?

Please share, comment and help spread the word. This is the final hoorah for parts.
dj_soo 9:08 PM - 7 August, 2016
How about actual faders and pots?
goldarn 10:24 PM - 7 August, 2016
Quote:

Depends on which unit you are talking about. Some inventory did go to the new owners but many items (for products they have no intention of continuing or repairing) went to a landfill.

If in need of faders, I would order from a dealer with them in stock ASAP. The "free parts train" is long gone. So is any warranty you thought you had.
AddamXavier 12:47 AM - 8 August, 2016
Quote:

and ya'll know these work on other brand mixers too. Keep your eyes peeled on the store, rare items will be slowly uploaded. Any requests?

If you happen to have the TTM56 EQ knobs, the ones that have a longer stem, i'm looking for those as well as what you have there.

Random Observation: I guess Rane changed the faders over the years. The ones i got for replacements a year ago don't have the indent on the top and bottoms.
goldarn 3:44 AM - 8 August, 2016
I'm guessing you have an older TTm56, with knob extensions? The newer (last 5 years or so) use the same knob as the TTM57, just grey instead of black. Man...... I personally threw away boxes of those knob extensions for Rane.

TBH, I was lucky enough to save what I could. I wanted a whole bunch more items but they were not available to purchase. Unbeknownst business reasons saw them trashed. Throwing away hundreds (yes, hundreds) of perfectly good Penny & Giles faders killed me. Bottom line, Rane treated me good as an employee and person, they also treated you DJ's like world class vip's, I wouldn't undo that relationship by being shady and backdooring parts.

The fader caps did have a few renditions. The all black insides were the ones that get loose and fly off your mixer. The white insides are the latest "fit tight" construction, that really locks onto the stem. There is an all plastic outer and there are the all rubber outers, which I rescued some of. Thanks for the random observation, I like the chatter ;)
deezlee 6:09 AM - 8 August, 2016
Dang to it's too late to send my empath in for the famous rane tune up?
dj_soo 8:31 AM - 8 August, 2016
Quote:
many items (for products they have no intention of continuing or repairing) went to a landfill

well shit. If there was any doubt that InMusic wasn't going to shit all over the Rane name, then this clears it up.

Guess I gotta hunt down some 62 pots...
dj_soo 8:37 AM - 8 August, 2016
Quote:

I had been intending to go down to washington to give my 62 an overhaul but kept putting it off... guess I waited too long :(
eugguy 11:05 AM - 8 August, 2016
And.....I just picked up a new 62...finally. The fact that Rane is no-more is the final straw that made me purchase the mixer. Figured I can always buy a used unit, but the going price for used seems to be $1200 to the high $1400, low $1500s. Picked up a new 62 for $1600. Just going to let it sit, because the 2015 (rotary) is still boss in my setup.
DJ Marv the Maverick 1:11 PM - 8 August, 2016
It's a sad read. At least they could have set up a parts retail store eg on eBay or something. Did they really have to throw away parts?

Or one official massive blow out sale for units and parts with a clear disclaimer of no warranties.
goldarn 7:57 PM - 8 August, 2016
Quote:

Yes. The fine service ya'll received from Rick T. over the years has come to an end. That guy did amazing work and almost always had units sent back the day after they arrived. Quality and speed, he did the job well.
goldarn 7:58 PM - 8 August, 2016
Quote:
And.....I just picked up a new 62...finally. The fact that Rane is no-more is the final straw that made me purchase the mixer. Figured I can always buy a used unit, but the going price for used seems to be $1200 to the high $1400, low $1500s. Picked up a new 62 for $1600. Just going to let it sit, because the 2015 (rotary) is still boss in my setup.

One of the last "made in the usa" units. Biggups!
Caley Martin 9:25 PM - 8 August, 2016
Damn it. Did I miss the boat on getting extra rotary knobs for the 2015? I wanted to customize my layout a bit with different sized knobs.

I'm so glad I got my MP2015 when I did. Though I am curious about the warranty comment... InMusic is invalidating any outstanding warranty?
Culprit 5:49 AM - 9 August, 2016
Yah know, it wouldn't hurt to ask the old techs if they are still interested in setting up shop to repair gear. They would have work for a good minute I think.
goldarn 1:50 PM - 9 August, 2016
Quote:
Yah know, it wouldn't hurt to ask the old techs if they are still interested in setting up shop to repair gear. They would have work for a good minute I think.

The idea was definitely considered but no, not going to happen.
myndgruv 8:35 PM - 9 August, 2016
I am happy to have my rane and to have had the pleasure to taking a tour and meeting the whole team. They have made amazing products for years and I am sad to see how its turned out.
Laz219 1:56 AM - 10 August, 2016
Throwing P&Gs in the bin?
Blasphemy!
DJ Dub Cowboy 5:03 AM - 10 August, 2016
InMusic has immediately ruined the name and reputation of Rane
Culprit 5:55 AM - 10 August, 2016
Quote:

That's exactly what I was fearing was going to happen.
slimmjimm 11:38 AM - 10 August, 2016
Quote:
Blasphemy!

No e-waste laws?
CMOS 4:34 PM - 10 August, 2016
Would be nice if InMusic put out some sort of press release saying what will be happening with warranties or repairs.
slimmjimm 4:42 PM - 10 August, 2016
Quote:
Would be nice if InMusic put out some sort of press release saying what will be happening with warranties or repairs.

This
DJ Dub Cowboy 5:10 PM - 10 August, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Blasphemy!

No e-waste laws?

I ordered $700 worth of pots, knobs, P&G faders, and various parts I don't need at the moment but will be fucked without one day... I missed the cutoff by 45 minutes. To find out those parts went in the trash the next day is like getting kicked in the nuts with some steel toes.

Tell you what DJ Gear Industry..... I'm not buying anything new until there is something worth it. I would rather rebuild quality gear with duct tape and gorilla glue than support your profit driven, land-fill destine, overpriced, under built, bullshit gear.

I don't see that happening when 95% of the companies in the game are owned by "investor groups"
DJ RapsOil 6:40 PM - 10 August, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

The idea was definitely considered but no, not going to happen.

So its time to build up a competence repair center for the Rane handmade classic mixers in the U.S.!
Very soon some of you guys will be in the need for fader carriers and the grey 62 knobs and the rotary ones also.
DJ Quartz 7:11 PM - 10 August, 2016
Quote:
To find out those parts went in the trash the next day is like getting kicked in the nuts with some steel toes.

WTF is wrong with these companies. Why wouldn't you just keep selling the parts?

Idiots!
HighTopFade 8:50 PM - 10 August, 2016
Nice if there were fader carriers available. I have an older 62. One replaced so far.
Crackpipe 9:09 PM - 10 August, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
To find out those parts went in the trash the next day is like getting kicked in the nuts with some steel toes.

WTF is wrong with these companies. Why wouldn't you just keep selling the parts?

Idiots!

You think the amount of money invested in continuing to sell parts for defunct mixers is worth it to a big corporation? It would probably cost the company more money to manufacture, maintain, and distribute the products than it's worth.

BTW, I have a rock solid 56 with the knobs slowly peeling apart, so I need to find some soon!
goldarn 9:36 PM - 10 August, 2016
Quote:

Dub! My long lost NAMM buddy ;)

Here's the thing, Name one company that -
1) Offers the availability, knowledge and support you got from Rane customer service

2) A company with a 3 year warranty that fixes everything, even things not related to warranty for free within specified warranty time. Seriously, some of ya'll are careless idiots

3) Has the experience of putting together these units by hand, by the same people, for over 20 years

I don't know how any company could have taken things to a higher level for the end-user. I could be wrong though.
goldarn 9:39 PM - 10 August, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Blasphemy!

No e-waste laws?

Fricken painful man...... No e-waste laws for that.
DJ Quartz 12:05 AM - 11 August, 2016
Quote:
You think the amount of money invested in continuing to sell parts for defunct mixers is worth it to a big corporation? It would probably cost the company more money to manufacture, maintain, and distribute the products than it's worth.

From what I saw in those eBay links, it's for current mixers still being manufactured and sold currently.
Culprit 12:23 AM - 11 August, 2016
This current economy is scaring the hell out of me.. is the next bubble the manufacturing bubble? I don't get it.. so many companies being bought out right now its ridiculous..
soul63 12:52 AM - 11 August, 2016
shops will still have rane gear in stock..so are they going to sell the gear without a warranty?if its true inmusic are not honouring the warranty?.what are the shops saying about the situation.normally here in the uk when you buy something from a shop your contract is with them not the hardware companies..
DJ Quartz 1:25 AM - 11 August, 2016
All I know I've only had my 62 a few months and I love it. So they better not F around.
HighTopFade 1:28 AM - 11 August, 2016
Quote:
All I know I've only had my 62 a few months and I love it. So they better not F around.

I think you're ok if your 62 was manufactured after 9/2013. Revised buttons and faders carriers.
Laz219 4:22 AM - 11 August, 2016
I know at least in Australia, if you buy a product through a licenced dealer- if the manufacturer ceases to exist/won't help, it becomes the stores responsibility to resolve.
lvmez 10:53 PM - 11 August, 2016
I called Rane today and asked them If they had any knobs for the MP2015. They told me that they are the new company and that Rane has not yet send them all there inventory. They told me that they would call me back on Monday with a response.

I want to purchase knobs in case I need them in the future.
monchi 11:03 PM - 11 August, 2016
I thought all parts were dumped, thrown to the trash.
Culprit 11:48 PM - 11 August, 2016
Quote:
I thought all parts were dumped, thrown to the trash.

Quote:
Depends on which unit you are talking about. Some inventory did go to the new owners but many items (for products they have no intention of continuing or repairing) went to a landfill.

3rd post, same thread
goldarn 11:48 PM - 11 August, 2016
Quote:
I called Rane today and asked them If they had any knobs for the MP2015. They told me that they are the new company and that Rane has not yet send them all there inventory. They told me that they would call me back on Monday with a response.

They should have a small supply of these knobs on hand. Not sure if the new company will use our supplier of those knobs in the event they continue this mixer, but the existing Rane inventory was low.

Be prepared for sticker shock, I know they aren't handing them out as freebies like Rane did.

P.S. They shouldn't be saying them not having inventory is our fault, they locked the doors on us almost two weeks ago. The lag is 100% on them.
Culprit 11:59 PM - 11 August, 2016
makes you wonder if someone were to find out who the supplier of those knobs and parts were and help us die hard RANE fans out and setup shop somewhere.. hint hint..
lvmez 2:05 AM - 12 August, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

They should have a small supply of these knobs on hand. Not sure if the new company will use our supplier of those knobs in the event they continue this mixer, but the existing Rane inventory was low.

Be prepared for sticker shock, I know they aren't handing them out as freebies like Rane did.

P.S. They shouldn't be saying them not having inventory is our fault, they locked the doors on us almost two weeks ago. The lag is 100% on them.

Thanks. It's ashamed that the new company is already playing games.
CMOS 5:04 PM - 12 August, 2016
Screw them list out your distributors, theres a few people here who own DJ Shops and would probably jump at the bit to find out where they can get these direct in large quantities.
DJ Dub Cowboy 6:37 PM - 12 August, 2016
Is anyone even considering buying a Rane made overseas.....?

Time is ripe for a new US Made mixer company. I know some people...
Detroitbootybass 7:04 PM - 12 August, 2016
Quote:

No... never.

All one would be buying is a Numark/Denon mixer with the 'Rane' name slapped on it (which would likely come at a price premium).
Taipanic 7:34 PM - 12 August, 2016
Quote:

Tell you what DJ Gear Industry..... I'm not buying anything new until there is something worth it. I would rather rebuild quality gear with duct tape and gorilla glue than support your profit driven, land-fill destine, overpriced, under built, bullshit gear.

I don't see that happening when 95% of the companies in the game are owned by "investor groups"

This X 1000^∞
DJ Quartz 7:43 PM - 12 August, 2016
What worries me is there is only two other items I want to get and all these companies keep switching up.

I was going to get a secondary 62 eventually but one is working fine for me so I don't need two.

I'm eventually going to get an S9 for specific routines.

I want to upgrade my NS7FX to NS7III to keep workflows the same when I'm spinning in an environment fit for standard turntables.
DJ Quartz 7:44 PM - 12 August, 2016
Quote:
environment fit for standard turntables.
.. not fit I meant
HighTopFade 8:55 PM - 12 August, 2016
Quote:

I would, if the quality is better than the comparable Pioneer mixer.

I'm curious to see how the non-DJ division works out. Will consider a line mixer if the price is right.
goldarn 9:31 PM - 14 August, 2016
Quote:
Screw them list out your distributors, theres a few people here who own DJ Shops and would probably jump at the bit to find out where they can get these direct in large quantities.

Well, how about this tidbit for now.

Repair your burned out Rane fader for under $5!
Many people have put the ribbon cable on incorrectly with the older models, this fries the fader. Did you see the video I made years ago about cleaning them? - Watchwww.youtube.com

To fix a fried hall sensor, you will need to replace them with the Allegro A1324LUAT - www.newark.com or the Micronas HAL1821UA-A www.semiconductorstore.com

You will need to do a small bit of soldering but hey, fried fader brought back to life for less than $5. BONGGGG!

I'm definitely down to keep the conversation going. Hopefully this helps some of you DJs. Please help spread the word about this fix and the last chance to order these knobs. The more that I sell, the more I can tell ;)
goldarn 9:34 PM - 14 August, 2016
New link to all of the auctions - www.ebay.com

Only 5 of the Z-trip Sixty-Two yellow knob sets left. Don't regret not getting it.

Next week, I'll start adding some collectors items like unreleased slipmats, Control Vinyl, Watches, T-shirts, memorabilia, banners and more. I'll be adding the collectors stuff one week at a time, so keep checking back. Thank you!
Culprit 5:27 AM - 15 August, 2016
I have already placed my order dude. Also, that video is the same one that got me fixing other 57's, so that you for that as well. Maybe you can make some more youtube video's to help others out, or a blog. Generate some views, get a little bit of cash, or even sell replacement parts via ebay man.

I don't mind supporting someone helping us guys out. I really appreciate it.
Culprit 5:28 AM - 15 August, 2016
that = thanks :)
Gio Alex 3:20 PM - 15 August, 2016
Quote:

Yeah, that one really hurt. Especially PGs.
Detroitbootybass 4:43 PM - 16 August, 2016
goldarn - Quick question: Were service manuals made available to your overseas (or just non-USA) repair shop contracts? If so, any idea how we could get our hands on them?

Another question: Do you know what inventory in-music did keep? Or, more specifically, what mixer(s) parts did they not order to be landfilled?
DJ Dub Cowboy 5:20 PM - 16 August, 2016
service manuals!!

yes please
goldarn 12:50 AM - 17 August, 2016
Quote:
goldarn - Quick question: Were service manuals made available to your overseas (or just non-USA) repair shop contracts? If so, any idea how we could get our hands on them?

Another question: Do you know what inventory in-music did keep? Or, more specifically, what mixer(s) parts did they not order to be landfilled?

Happy to answers any questions as best as I can ;)

Overseas dealers were responsible for creating (translating) their own manuals. Therefore, I have heard of some distributors wanting to charge for them or not offering them at all. If the Rane website is still up and working, I would start sending emails to some of the groups listed as international distributors, you might find one who will send you a .pdf.

They took all of the built inventory, which means all of the mixers and SL's that are currently on the market but I would say that no single product had more than 50-60 units on the shelf, some less than 10 . Parts wise, if it isn't currently being built, I wouldn't expect much if any reserve of supply parts.

A caveat being knobs for the sixty-two. That unit uses the dark grey, light grey and the blue plastic / rubber caps. We had less than 100 of the light grey and the blue remaining on-hand and we had less than 300 of the dark grey. The low supply was because our knob distributor went out of business, couldn't get more from them. Last I heard, they lost some of our molds too. The dark greys came in second to last day of operations and was a proto batch. I have no idea if or how the new owners intend to address that issue.
AddamXavier 12:57 AM - 17 August, 2016
just wanna mention that goldarn is totally awesome. ordered on saturday, got the package on monday (with a few goodies).

also, while they have a page for all the documents on the rane website, the directory is exposed as well: www.rane.com its way easier to grab all the documents from there more easily
Detroitbootybass 3:34 PM - 18 August, 2016
Thanks, goldarn
goldarn 1:39 AM - 20 August, 2016
My pleasure, it is my duty to please that detroitbooty.... lol

Thanks for the kind words AddamXavier, I have Rane in my blood, you know I'll do it quickly and correctly. To quote Rick Astley...... Ok, no, I won't quote Rick Astely.

Anyone interested in some vinyl?
DJ Dub Cowboy 1:49 AM - 20 August, 2016
I need a new set.
Mr. Goodkat 6:18 AM - 20 August, 2016
Quote:
A caveat being knobs for the sixty-two. That unit uses the dark grey, light grey and the blue plastic / rubber caps.

a nightmare to dj with in dark rooms
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:34 AM - 20 August, 2016
Quote:
My pleasure, it is my duty to please that detroitbooty.... lol

Thanks for the kind words AddamXavier, I have Rane in my blood, you know I'll do it quickly and correctly. To quote Rick Astley...... Ok, no, I won't quote Rick Astely.

Will like some Vinyl
DJ Barticus 7:45 AM - 20 August, 2016
Quote:

yup
lvmez 12:57 PM - 20 August, 2016
Vinyl!! Yes, I would be interested.

By the way, I never received my call back regarding the MP2015 knobs, SMH.
Detroitbootybass 3:50 PM - 20 August, 2016
Vinyl would be a good thing, goldarn!

:)
Logisticalstyles 3:19 PM - 21 August, 2016
Quote:

yes!
monchi 10:24 PM - 21 August, 2016
Yes , vinyl.
goldarn 12:33 AM - 22 August, 2016
Vinyl it is!! This week I have a pair of Susan G. Komen pinks that comes with a very special, limited edition swag bag. Grab that here - www.ebay.com

Also in the limited edition collectors realm, Scratch Live official tablecloths (slipmats) designed by D-style. Only one remains - www.ebay.com

And for the uber rare, less than 100 in the world type stuff, check out these Rane slipmats - www.ebay.com

Plus the knobs that you need for your TTM57's and Sixty series mixers. The last of the official supply - www.ebay.com

Thank you to everyone who has been refurbishing their gear. Your purchases help the recently unemployed. lol. "Special" items will be loaded each week, keep the page locked and tell you friends, mommas and neighbors.
DJ Quartz 4:20 AM - 22 August, 2016
Quote:
Next week, I'll start adding some collectors items like unreleased slipmats, Control Vinyl, Watches, T-shirts, memorabilia, banners and more. I'll be adding the collectors stuff one week at a time, so keep checking back. Thank you!

Wicked!

Also, I'm looking for the Rane purple marble vinyl. I ordered some in the states and they ended up being regular purple vinyl.
The Axledental DJ 1:50 PM - 22 August, 2016
I recently purchased a TTM57 MK II in Jan. 2016, and bought
another pair of Control Signal vinyls last month brcause of the Rane bring sold
announcement. Should I buy a spare crossfader? This mixer will remain at home for studio use.
DJ Marv the Maverick 2:34 PM - 22 August, 2016
Quote:
This mixer will remain at home for studio use.

My rane 62 is also retired to the home. The DJM S9 is doing all the heavy lifting now.
goldarn 4:58 PM - 22 August, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Wicked!

Also, I'm looking for the Rane purple marble vinyl. I ordered some in the states and they ended up being regular purple vinyl.

You are in luck ;)
goldarn 5:04 PM - 22 August, 2016
Quote:
I recently purchased a TTM57 MK II in Jan. 2016, and bought
another pair of Control Signal vinyls last month brcause of the Rane bring sold
announcement. Should I buy a spare crossfader? This mixer will remain at home for studio use.

Yes, buy your spare faders now. They aren't extremely hard to manufacture or get parts if you are the new company, BUT I highly, highly doubt that they are going to hand test each fader and put it through the rigid pass/fail tests we designed due to .025 of fader failures in the field.

Seriously, we had pneumatic machines banging faders back n forth against steel blocks REALLY hard to make sure that when a new batch of carriers arrived, the plastic from that batch was solid. There were so many behind the scenes things to ensure quality that the public never knew about and that the new company will not even consider doing...... because it's expensive.
goldarn 5:04 PM - 22 August, 2016
Quote:
Vinyl it is!! This week I have a pair of Susan G. Komen pinks that comes with a very special, limited edition swag bag. Grab that here - www.ebay.com

Also in the limited edition collectors realm, Scratch Live official tablecloths (slipmats) designed by D-style. Only one remains - www.ebay.com

And for the uber rare, less than 100 in the world type stuff, check out these Rane slipmats - www.ebay.com

Plus the knobs that you need for your TTM57's and Sixty series mixers. The last of the official supply - www.ebay.com

Thank you to everyone who has been refurbishing their gear. Your purchases help the recently unemployed. lol. "Special" items will be loaded each week, keep the page locked and tell you friends, mommas and neighbors.

OMG PINKS!! get em now ;)
CMOS 6:41 PM - 22 August, 2016
Damn i had those SSL slipmats, left em at a club one night. So pissed.
Culprit 9:31 PM - 22 August, 2016
Quote:
Damn i had those SSL slipmats, left em at a club one night. So pissed.

daammmnn dude..
The Axledental DJ 1:09 PM - 23 August, 2016
In ordered a spare Fader V2 for 65
bucks. If Rane parts are going to be hard to get, does that
mean the Control Vinyl v2.5 will be harder to get? Will
they stop pressing them? Should I buy another set of Control
Vinyl?
Culprit 4:07 PM - 23 August, 2016
The rane stock prob will get wiped out. The Serato stock is online at the website.
The Axledental DJ 12:53 AM - 24 August, 2016
Welk, looks like the one etailer that I tried to buy a $65 Rane Fader v2 is out of stock and said that Rane is out of stock and has no ETA on when they are coming back. So, I'll try another etailer.
Mr. Goodkat 12:57 AM - 24 August, 2016
had to scoop those yellow knobs, thanks.
goldarn 7:50 PM - 24 August, 2016
Quote:
Welk, looks like the one etailer that I tried to buy a $65 Rane Fader v2 is out of stock and said that Rane is out of stock and has no ETA on when they are coming back. So, I'll try another etailer.

These guys have it in stock. They always ordered decent quantities of units from Rane. They've been around forever too. www.bhphotovideo.com

Thanks for snagging those yellow Z-trip knobs Mr. GoodKat, they are officially sold out now.
HighTopFade 8:38 PM - 24 August, 2016
Quote:
These guys have it in stock. They always ordered decent quantities of units from Rane. They've been around forever too. www.bhphotovideo.com

I don't know. It says special order.
Mr. Goodkat 10:18 PM - 24 August, 2016
Quote:
Thanks for snagging those yellow Z-trip knobs Mr. GoodKat, they are officially sold out now.

gonna look so good, those blue and grey knobs were a nightmare in the dark.

wonder what make the engineers do that.
The Axledental DJ 12:43 AM - 25 August, 2016
I used my Amazon iOS App and might have gotten the
last Rane Fader V2 for 74 bucks from Millenium Worldwide. I'm charged and it
says prepairing for shipment.
HighTopFade 2:03 AM - 25 August, 2016
Quote:
I used my Amazon iOS App and might have gotten the
last Rane Fader V2 for 74 bucks from Millenium Worldwide. I'm charged and it
says prepairing for shipment.

You did real well. I went on their eBay store and made an offer for 2 @ 75 each. Thought I did ok.
The Axledental DJ 6:01 PM - 25 August, 2016
I still think there are many companies pressing the control
vinyl. Seratos look a bit different compared to Ranes CV v2.5
that I got. Cant tell if they are thicker, thier weight? Or
if Serato.com pressings are better. I got the Black performance
ones v2.5 from agiprodj for $12 bucks each two months ago.
Hmmm..
goldarn 7:55 PM - 25 August, 2016
Rane was responsible for the black, blue, red, purple and clear.

All other colors are from Serato and possibly, they use a different pressing plant.

Speaking of vinyl - Go bid on those Susan G Komen pinks - www.ebay.com

P.S. Whoever gets the last Rane made v1 fader (ttm) you will know it. There might just happen to be a golden ticket note in there....... with an email address........ lol, I plot and play. Lets see if it is noticed.
AKIEM 8:14 PM - 25 August, 2016
Say, is he Rane website going to be maintained or archived or something? Or is in music going to take it down?

I was looking for side panel schematics and screw size for the side panels, 57mkii.

I thought I found it before, now can't find.
Culprit 8:18 PM - 25 August, 2016
I went ahead and downloaded all the pdf's available from the website about 2 weeks ago just in case. Put them on my network server.
goldarn 8:34 PM - 25 August, 2016
Quote:
I went ahead and downloaded all the pdf's available from the website about 2 weeks ago just in case. Put them on my network server.

smartest man in the room.

I never heard one way or the other what was going to happen to the Rane social media and website. Lots of love and lots of upkeep went into them. Not sure what the motive / benefit for the new company to continue them would be. Not sure, so if you see something handy, save it.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:35 AM - 26 August, 2016
Quote:

Y'all better download erry version of Scratchlive / Serato DJ while you're at it.
AddamXavier 2:27 AM - 26 August, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Y'all better download erry version of Scratchlive / Serato DJ while you're at it.

LOL I've been doing this for years. not like I'm one to install an old version, but i figured i might as well keep the installs local incase i need them and dont have internet. I've actually been thinking about installing SSL 1.6 (first version i used) to see how far we have come.
AddamXavier 7:21 PM - 28 August, 2016
so i was wanting to add some places to get other stuff that goldarn unfortunately doesn't have. I of course got my knobs and faders from his eBay shop (www.ebay.com) but here's the other stuff I've found. (Note I have 2 original TTM56's so i was only looking for parts for that).

knob extensions - www.showcomms.com
pan/cue faders - www.fullcompass.com
fascia screws - www.showcomms.com

I'm still needing 2 of the bigger screws that hold the top, eq board to the top plate. if anyone happens to know the size/specs of those i would appreciate it, i was just planning on going the the hardware store for that.

Also while putting this post together, i noticed the showcomms website put up a notice that they aren't gonna have any more spare parts in stock for 3-4 months. Although the other question is which spare parts will they actually get.
Mr. Goodkat 8:13 PM - 28 August, 2016
yellow knobs came super quick and look so much better in the dark.
goldarn 3:28 AM - 30 August, 2016
^^ Good deal, Thank you for the support!

THIS WEEK - I added www.ebay.com

- a complete TTM57 knob kit (even the headphone slider knob) and lexans. Refurbish your beat up looking mixer, make it sparkle again. Only one available!

- a Sixty-Two Z upgrade kit with all color knobs and lexans (graphics). Only one available!

- sealed Kid Koala "12 bit blues" limited edition vinyl, Ninja Tune 2012

and of course, a wonderful selection of dirt cheap knobs for your Rane mixers. I'll have sealed oranges and whites in the near future, stay tuned and please help spread the word!
Culprit 3:37 AM - 30 August, 2016
very dope, question. Do we use a heatgun to remove the existing lexans?
nik39 12:03 PM - 30 August, 2016
Quote:

Did anyone say... WHITES???

;)
goldarn 1:31 PM - 30 August, 2016
lol, to answer you both, yes and yes.
The Axledental DJ 10:12 PM - 30 August, 2016
My Rane Fader v2 shipped!! I hope theres nothing else I should get
for my TTM57 MKII.
goldarn 4:29 PM - 31 August, 2016
Man, been trying to get on the Serato CV facebook group but my request is just pending.

Wish Nando Beltran would pay for the rare vinyl and merch he ordered 4 days ago.

Le sigh, the struggle to get paid continues. Anyone who wants to support an out of work Rane employee and pick up some factory direct knobs for low low prices, hit up my ebay page :) www.ebay.com

Whites and Oranges in the near future....... if I can manage to get paid for the pinks that sold...
Culprit 4:34 PM - 31 August, 2016
If he doesn't, let me know il take those Pinks off your hand, and the 57 slipmats too.
goldarn 4:49 PM - 31 August, 2016
^^ Will do ;)
Caley Martin 5:20 PM - 31 August, 2016
OH man, so down for the whites and oranges!
nik39 6:33 PM - 31 August, 2016
Did anyone say... WHITES?

;)
goldarn 9:34 PM - 31 August, 2016
Game on!

The pinks have been paid for and are getting ready to ship. That means there are still a pair of sealed whites and sealed oranges in the mix.... and a sealed pair of super OG clear cv (cv12002)

Z-trip upgrade kit is sold out, Z-trip yellow knobs are sold out, still have some purple knobs ;)

TTM57 upgrade kit is still available, grab it while you can! www.ebay.com
The Axledental DJ 1:50 AM - 3 September, 2016
My Rane Fader V2 came in today! Ahhh it includes the fader cap.
DJ Quartz 2:15 AM - 3 September, 2016
Quote:

Yup did that while back when I was working on becoming a Rane dealer.
DJ Quartz 2:18 AM - 3 September, 2016
Let me know about that purple marble vinyl.
AddamXavier 1:58 PM - 3 September, 2016
So i got this message about my ttm56/57 cue/pan faders i ordered from Full Compass:

"Thank you for placing an order with Full Compass. We regret to inform you that the (part #)12773 has now been discontinued by the manufacturer, who is telling us that they will no longer be able to fulfill the remaining units for your order..."

This is pretty much how i assumed it would go down but at least i got 5 of the 8 i ordered.
05spoof 5:18 PM - 3 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

If in need of faders, I would order from a dealer with them in stock ASAP. The "free parts train" is long gone. So is any warranty you thought you had.

So the inMusic is not going to honor that 3-year warranty? WHAT!!!!
05spoof 5:32 PM - 3 September, 2016
Quote:
service manuals!!

yes please

^
The Axledental DJ 11:21 PM - 3 September, 2016
Awll..OOhh.. your killing me "many items (for products they have no intention of continuing or repairing) went to a landfill." WTF? Thats perfectly good product that SHOULD NOT go to the dump/landfill, either recycle it, or sell it all in a lot on ebay! I think this is bad business. Does Apple do this? I hope not, and if they did, I'm probably unaware of it. Would I have bought more spare parts for my Rane TTM57 MKII? Maybe, at a discount, 2 more Faders, extra power cable, maybe more. Its not like its going to be my Technics 1210 MKIIs I have, there's a possibility that this mixer could be replaced by something better years down the line, but to have extra parts with it incase I re-sell it? Would be nice to have. I'm almost half tempted to contact Inmuisc and ask them to goto the landfill and get all that stuff back.
goldarn 1:02 AM - 4 September, 2016
Quote:
Let me know about that purple marble vinyl.

Today I took pictures of the purples I have and they are like a clear purple with swirls/ marble of blue, red and black. They are the OG second edition.

I also took pics of the sealed whites, sealed oranges, sealed OG clears, new Shepard Fairey 4 pack and a sealed Z-trip / Lee Scratch Perry collab.

Whites and Oranges come with swag bags, T-shirts, stickers, ect.
goldarn 1:05 AM - 4 September, 2016
@ The Axeldental DJ - there are many aspects of this business that doesn't make sense, however, it boils down to accounting. Defies logic to the mind of a DJ aka you and I.
deejdave 4:01 AM - 4 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Gonna have to step in and call BS. I am by no means a fan of what happened here but I purchased another Rane 64 mixer on 7-20-16 and I thought of this right away. I contacted the new Rane reps (via FB www.dropbox.com) and after getting some positive initial news dug even further with specific scenarios and all are go. They are in fact covering the warranties. Seemingly MUCH better news for US customers as all others (international) must deal with their specific distributors.
nik39 1:58 PM - 4 September, 2016
Quote:

Whites??

Where?!

;)
WarpNote 2:21 PM - 4 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Whites??

Where?!

;)

I NEED this info! Been trying to get whites for about a decade now, its my turn now :-D
(and nik39's too of course :-D )
05spoof 5:35 PM - 4 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Gonna have to step in and call BS. I am by no means a fan of what happened here but I purchased another Rane 64 mixer on 7-20-16 and I thought of this right away. I contacted the new Rane reps (via FB www.dropbox.com) and after getting some positive initial news dug even further with specific scenarios and all are go. They are in fact covering the warranties. Seemingly MUCH better news for US customers as all others (international) must deal with their specific distributors.

I hope so... how you liking your 64? Great mixer for open format.
Mr. Goodkat 8:41 PM - 4 September, 2016
Quote:
Awll..OOhh.. your killing me "many items (for products they have no intention of continuing or repairing) went to a landfill." WTF? Thats perfectly good product that SHOULD NOT go to the dump/landfill, either recycle it, or sell it all in a lot on ebay! I think this is bad business. Does Apple do this? I hope not, and if they did, I'm probably unaware of it. Would I have bought more spare parts for my Rane TTM57 MKII? Maybe, at a discount, 2 more Faders, extra power cable, maybe more. Its not like its going to be my Technics 1210 MKIIs I have, there's a possibility that this mixer could be replaced by something better years down the line, but to have extra parts with it incase I re-sell it? Would be nice to have. I'm almost half tempted to contact Inmuisc and ask them to goto the landfill and get all that stuff back.

not like its never happened before www.dailymail.co.uk
goldarn 12:06 AM - 10 September, 2016
BOOOM. just dropped a big bunch of vinyl for ya'll. www.ebay.com

Sealed pair of Oranges. The OG's that were never for sale. Comes with ScratchLive t-shirt and sticker pack.

Some awesome OG purple marbles

Sealed Shepard Fairey vs Serato 2x LP picture disc set

Sealed Z-trip vs Bob Marley Punky Reggae Party 2x LP

Sealed OG Clears - ol' school cv12002 ScratchLive style Clears

all at low opening bids and don't forget to pick up your official Rane fader knobs, EQ knobs and more at the my store.

I still have one of the TTM57 refurbish kits left too.

Enjoy the weekend peoples! www.ebay.com
AKIEM 12:32 AM - 10 September, 2016
Would you separate that ttm lexan from the faders/knobs?
goldarn 12:37 AM - 10 September, 2016
With that avatar, of course (I do have that 12"). I have a few more lexans than I have complete kits.
goldarn 4:24 PM - 10 September, 2016
I pm'd ya ;)

Vinyl drop up now, go get them knobs!
nik39 8:05 PM - 10 September, 2016
Where dem Whites at? :-D
WarpNote 1:56 PM - 11 September, 2016
Quote:
Where dem Whites at? :-D

My thoughts exactly...
Culprit 12:48 AM - 27 September, 2016
Got my oranges and sum sum lil extra today, thanks Chad!

Posting pictures soon of what I got
goldarn 4:49 PM - 27 September, 2016
Quote:
Got my oranges and sum sum lil extra today, thanks Chad!

Posting pictures soon of what I got

Proud owner of the raddest swag box to ever ship. Very glad it arrived nice and pretty.

sooooo...... no whites after-all.... they went to a good home with a few of their buddies. Sorry forum friends, didn't mean to leave you blue... lol

BUT

still a great selection of Rane knobs at super low prices, a full TTM57 refurbish knob and lexan kit as well as some misc. items.

Thank you everyone for picking some gear up, spreading the word and helping an unemployed brother out with earning a little bit of extra cash. I do nude modeling too if interested. $50 for 8x10 glossy.... #justsayin
goldarn 4:54 PM - 27 September, 2016
links usually help.. lulz - www.ebay.com
The Axledental DJ 11:15 AM - 13 March, 2017
Im thinking of putting up on ebay, my never opened:
2 Rane Serato 2.5 Black Control Vinyls and never opened original
Rane made, non-refurbished Rane Fader V2. Anyone interested?
The Axledental DJ 12:56 PM - 13 March, 2017
I've listed the above post up on ebay: www.ebay.com
The Axledental DJ 5:51 PM - 21 March, 2017
my never opened:
2 Rane Serato 2.5 Black Control Vinyls and never opened original Rane made, non-refurbished Rane Fader V2 $35 on eBay: www.ebay.com
mud_mouthed 11:55 PM - 22 March, 2017
Quote:
my never opened:
2 Rane Serato 2.5 Black Control Vinyls and never opened original Rane made, non-refurbished Rane Fader V2 $35 on eBay: www.ebay.com

Interested. Does this work with the Rane TTM 56S?
goldarn 5:37 PM - 23 March, 2017
^^^ It will be the connector for the ribbon cable that will make the difference. The sixty series mixers / faders connect differently than the TTM series.

BTW - I have official mixers skins now up on the ebay along with all the knobs..... and an extremely limited edition UDG bag.

I have official lexans for the Empath blue, Empath Grandmaster Flash, TTM57, Sixty-Two, Sixty-One and more.

My feedback is excellent, my shipping is fast! find it all here - www.ebay.com
djcrap 6:56 PM - 23 March, 2017
Any thing for the rane sixty eight?
djcrap 6:58 PM - 23 March, 2017
Just curious what size screws would fit the top plates for the rane series mixers!

Some of us have chewed up screws that need replacing just throwing it out there
goldarn 8:30 PM - 23 March, 2017
Quote:
Any thing for the rane sixty eight?

I have all the knobs for that mixer but no lexans.

not sure on the screw size, a couple of the faceplate screws differ by only 3 or 4 threads. Anybody have the schematics still?
The Axledental DJ 8:20 PM - 28 March, 2017
Mud_Mouthed, It sold today on ebay, a lousy $35 bucks!
goldarn 7:13 PM - 29 March, 2017
That is a steal for sure.
goldarn 4:25 PM - 25 April, 2017
I got what you need! www.ebay.com
Andrei Matei 1:30 AM - 23 November, 2017
Does anyone have the ridged scroll knobs from the Rane 62 or 64 for sale? I want to upgrade to those from the smooth ones on my 68. TIA!
dj_soo 3:51 AM - 23 November, 2017
You can get them from inmusic
Andrei Matei 7:01 AM - 23 November, 2017
Sweet! Thanks DJ Soo!!! I'll give them a call after Thanksgiving. Really appreciate it. :)