DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

DDJ SX2 with Numark TTX Issues

R.$.P 5:21 PM - 2 August, 2016
Hey Squad,

I bought a DDJ SX2 and connected my Numark TTX Vinyl Turntables to them and also bought the DVS Expansion Pack. With the expansion pack, it looks like I can only use the TTX's with Channels 1 & 2, and the DDJ SX2 gets bumped to controlling 3 & 4.

All the audio that comes from my turntables is gargled. I can see the waveforms moving but they consistently stutter and sound gargled.

I am using the original Serato SL1 Vinyls, and installed new needles (m447's). I cleaned all the audio connections with DeOxit.

Are the Vinyls the issue?

Running it on a 2010 Macbook Pro (i7) with Serato 1.9.2
DDJ SX2 runs perfect, so I know its not the laptop.

Appreciate your input
R.$.P 5:47 PM - 2 August, 2016
[URL=tinypic.com]View My Video[/URL]

Video of issue
i am Dj fLiP 6:09 PM - 2 August, 2016
looks like it's not getting the signal correctly.. the red bar should be gray 99% of the time if the needles and timecode are working properly.

the waveform should be a constant circle.. if they're moving around, then it's not reading it properly. also, change from REL or ABS to Through, and listen to the timecode. it should be just a constant high pitch sound.

check the wiring on the cartridge, and also make sure that the cart is properly connected (and locked) to the tonearm.
R.$.P 7:44 PM - 2 August, 2016
Thanks,
The wiring on the needles looks fine.
I have played regular vinyl records without issue .

do you have any other suggestions?
I cleaned out all connections , and checked the wiring, and don't see what in particular could cause this, but I do know my control vinyls are what I used with an SL1 box. Model CV02
i am Dj fLiP 9:10 PM - 2 August, 2016
if it's playing regular records fine, but not the timecode, then it is probably the timecode vinyl.

when you go to setting, and check on the timecode, it's not a constant circle, right?
like it's moving everywhere?

if so, then your timecode's probably worn out.. i know the newer TC's are much better, so it's probably time for that upgrade anyway.
Code:E 3:24 AM - 3 August, 2016
Pioneer is stupid sometimes and I bet the DDJ is looking ofr a phono level fromt he turn tables and the the TTX's are sending out Line Level. Switch your turn tables to Phono (or vice versa)
R.$.P 8:19 PM - 15 August, 2016
Quote:
if it's playing regular records fine, but not the timecode, then it is probably the timecode vinyl.

Definitely was the timecode vinyl.
I got the America Edition CVO2.5s and game over, I see a 100% on my spectrum and the audio signal is loud and clear.

Going to deoxit all my connections and maybe get some new wires for the needle heads but otherwise, back to operating!!
i am Dj fLiP 9:37 PM - 15 August, 2016
glad to hear, man!
Nomad Collabo 11:12 AM - 20 September, 2016
Quote:
Thanks,
The wiring on the needles looks fine.
I have played regular vinyl records without issue .

do you have any other suggestions?
I cleaned out all connections , and checked the wiring, and don't see what in particular could cause this, but I do know my control vinyls are what I used with an SL1 box. Model CV02

R$P,

I've got the exact same setup as you. I've got ddj sx2 + numark ttx. but I've tried plugging it to the phono and run the ddj sx2 as a mixer but the signal is really low from the tt and no sound output. Any tips on getting it to work?