Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Serato video license refresh

Mauro Verdoliva 1:34 AM - 2 August, 2016
I updated my serato suite license but the video license get error
I open a ticket but i'm very very disappointed
DJ F@tman 9:59 PM - 3 August, 2016
I'm having the same issue! Video was super buggy when I first activated it also. Im honestly not impressed at this point and Im starting to regret blowing 150$.
DJ Baby Boy 12:35 AM - 4 August, 2016
Go with MixEmergency instead you'll be a lot happier (www.inklen.com)
dj easy jay 3:37 PM - 4 August, 2016
Agreed. M.E is much more stabler them serato video. Updated my serato video at home just to see if they fixed any know issues still same problems green line on right keeps redlining till orange dot appears them you get either tons of sound distortions then the fatal crash.
James Falk 4:34 AM - 7 August, 2016
Fuck off with the Mix Emergency posts. I own it and use it as well, but this is a SERATO page for users trying to troubleshoot their SERATO problems. The constant plugs for ME aren't necessary & certainly don't help users diagnose their problems.

These forums are bad enough navigating without constantly having to read unrelated posts when troubleshooting problems.

But yes for Macbook users ME is currently a better program, although since I upgraded my Macbook Pro 2014 to the latest model, the new video card inside offers a much better experience. Most Mac users don't have the "latest & greatest" & if Mac users wish to offer their customers an acceptable visual experience, ME remains the only choice.
DJ Baby Boy 10:23 AM - 7 August, 2016
Quote:
Fuck off with the Mix Emergency posts. I own it and use it as well, but this is a SERATO page for users trying to troubleshoot their SERATO problems. The constant plugs for ME aren't necessary & certainly don't help users diagnose their problems.

These forums are bad enough navigating without constantly having to read unrelated posts when troubleshooting problems.

But yes for Macbook users ME is currently a better program, although since I upgraded my Macbook Pro 2014 to the latest model, the new video card inside offers a much better experience. Most Mac users don't have the "latest & greatest" & if Mac users wish to offer their customers an acceptable visual experience, ME remains the only choice.

The reason for the constant advice to move to MixEmergency is because Serato has abandoned Serato Video and it's been even more evident since they recognized ME as an official 3rd party plug in ... Real talk the only people that are going to have a good (Decent) experience with Serato Video are those with brand new (year old) top spec MacBook Pros ... Since the inception of VideoSL it's gotten no love for years in between and as seen with Serato Video it's not changing any time soon so yes the MixEmergency posts are necessary since there are not updates nothing is being fixed for anyone that wants to actually run video without any problems on a mac use MixEmergency and while we're at it I'll flat out say as well that if you're on a PC and want to run video invest in Virtual DJ over Serato Video as it's more stable and more feature rich on PC's
Mauro Verdoliva 11:27 AM - 7 August, 2016
Dear dj baby boy is not true:
I'm an italian dj and with a sony vaio i5, 8gb ram ssd 256 nvidia 1gb card and win7, with a great optimiziation i play video very well, specially with 1.9.2 where the cpu resource are about 20% less.
I play video at gig for over 5/6 hours, 5/6 times a week ad never an issue.
ME is a solution for mac user but if a buy SV i WANT use it.
😉😉
i am Dj fLiP 6:01 PM - 8 August, 2016
Anyways, back to the topic..

with the 1.9.2 update, there was a refresh license and here's what is said..

"Video Licence Update

We’ve updated our Serato Video licensing system which means you will need to update your license to continue using Serato Video. This is simple to do, just make sure you are connected to the internet, open the Serato Video panel and click 'Refresh License'."

Hope that helps, specially now that I'm seeing more people post about it, and not reading about the updates prior to updating.
CHRIS PARKER 11:04 PM - 11 August, 2016
Im trying to refresh my license for video with the 1.9.2 update. when i hit the refresh button, i enter my email address. i then type my password and serato shuts down. I need help!! I am djing in about 3 hours. PLEASE HELP!!!!
i am Dj fLiP 12:05 AM - 12 August, 2016
Are you connected to the internet?

It'll need to connect online for it to authenticate.

Worst case, you can run the trial or rent it for the month, then submit the ticket and maybe reimburse you for that month?
vj tech.sys 5:17 PM - 12 August, 2016
yeah, it's too bad we can't return Serato Video for a refund. Talk about buyer's remorse
i am Dj fLiP 11:26 PM - 12 August, 2016
Quote:
yeah, it's too bad we can't return Serato Video for a refund. Talk about buyer's remorse

yeah it's a tough one man.. hopefully you at least got it with the discount
vj tech.sys 10:34 PM - 16 August, 2016
nope... paid full price for it, lol
Dj Todd James 5:11 AM - 19 August, 2016
Not cool,, I have a gig in a week,,,out of town,,,, no Internet,,,, I will charge Serato If I lose this Gig because I don't have Vdeo. I paid for it,,, get it bworking and go back to the old registration
Does anyopne have a link to 9.1 ?
Dj Todd James 5:11 AM - 19 August, 2016
Typos,, oops
DJ Tecniq 9:46 PM - 20 August, 2016
Quote:
Not cool,, I have a gig in a week,,,out of town,,,, no Internet,,,, I will charge Serato If I lose this Gig because I don't have Vdeo. I paid for it,,, get it bworking and go back to the old registration
Does anyopne have a link to 9.1 ?
Download archive bruh -> serato.com
CBSDJDAVE 5:01 AM - 27 August, 2016
WERE IS THE REFRESH BUTTON
iWill 2:14 AM - 1 September, 2016
What's up with SERATO hanging after the refresh??????????
mxmbrown 3:48 PM - 7 September, 2016
Quote:
WERE IS THE REFRESH BUTTON

Exactly! Where is the "Refresh" Button?
I am in the SV panel and everything looks the same.
But no refresh button.
Whats up with Serato? Are we losing it guys? I doubt it but have to ask.
Zian Ominik 12:51 PM - 13 April, 2017
Soo seems like alot of issues with serato video! I bought it for full price two days ago. Same problem here with refreshing license! Why u still sell it when nothing works? I feel riped off..i just changed from Traktor to Serato! Truely i need support to activate it or i will refund the suite! This is not acceptable
Mauro Verdoliva 4:22 PM - 14 April, 2017
Roll back to VDJ ...
I"m happy now...
popnwave 1:46 AM - 15 April, 2017
Quote:
Roll back to VDJ ...
I"m happy now...

No wonder we don't see your spam anymore.
Mauro Verdoliva 6:03 AM - 15 April, 2017
Hey mike this is not spam, is the true.
Too much quality problems with serato video.
Who are you to say me that?
Zian Ominik 6:45 AM - 20 April, 2017
I want to let u guys know my Serato Video is now working without problems im very happy with it! I went to the official Serato Support and asked for help to refresh all my licenses, they helped me realy quick and easy :) nice support
DJ Angelo Coimbatore 7:53 AM - 22 April, 2017
Hi... I have the same problem with refreshing licence. It is not getting activated. I sent mails to serato but they are not interested in responding. The key is Registered on my serato profile, but show invalid code when entered. I got this voucher with ddj sp1. Pls suggest what to do. In a hurry.
Thank you
Angelo
Zian Ominik 7:57 AM - 22 April, 2017
Quote:
Hi... I have the same problem with refreshing licence. It is not getting activated. I sent mails to serato but they are not interested in responding. The key is Registered on my serato profile, but show invalid code when entered. I got this voucher with ddj sp1. Pls suggest what to do. In a hurry.
Thank you
Angelo[/quote

Go to Serato Support, submit a request and tell them ur problem, they will help u
DJ Angelo Coimbatore 8:05 AM - 22 April, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Thank you
Angelo[/quote

Go to Serato Support, submit a request and tell them ur problem, they will help u

Already did. How long do they take to respond normally.
Zian Ominik 8:08 AM - 22 April, 2017
About 2-3 Days to request a ticket after that they answer real quick