Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ with SL3 box issues

Sam t 6:20 PM - 30 July, 2016
Hello all,
I have just updated my Mac to the new 1tb SSD 16g ram so a rapid machine, since I swapped to the new machine I am getting a kind of jump / dropout when I use serato DJ with my SL3 box. If I use serato DJ with my controller it's fine also if I use my SL3 box with scratch live it's also fine. It's when I use SL3 with serato DJ. Please help
LJ_WOOLSEY 7:26 PM - 30 July, 2016
Download the new drivers from Ranes website
dj.rane.com
DJ Tecniq 9:32 PM - 30 July, 2016
Yeah try to download the El Capitan driver. And understand that the SL3 has been having problems since El Capitan first launched. But hope you have luck with it. Some users are still reporting issues.
jonnyb2709 9:44 PM - 1 August, 2016
Any DJs out there played out successfully with SL3 and El Capitan?

I had the same audio glitches when I first tried it but it seems to be working OK now. Haven't tried a long set playing out yet.

(I use serato DJ on El Capitan - hooked up to 2x CDJ2000 and DJ-SP1, with rane SL3) previously used Yosemite with the same setup.
Laz219 3:46 AM - 2 August, 2016
Works fine for me, just need to make sure you have the latest drivers from Rane installed.
Hyjinx 3:22 PM - 21 August, 2016
Ok so I maybe be doing something wrong but I updated to El capitan because Rane said everything was good to go once I downloaded latest update for serato. Well I was at a gig and it started dropping out and turning the music into a crunching noise!!! I thought new drivers for the SL3 came with new 1.9.2 update...Do you need to still get the core audio drivers downloaded for it to work? Im lost HELP!
DJ Tecniq 8:12 PM - 21 August, 2016
Quote:
Ok so I maybe be doing something wrong but I updated to El capitan because Rane said everything was good to go once I downloaded latest update for serato. Well I was at a gig and it started dropping out and turning the music into a crunching noise!!! I thought new drivers for the SL3 came with new 1.9.2 update...Do you need to still get the core audio drivers downloaded for it to work? Im lost HELP!
No you have to go to your hardwares SL3 page on the Rane site and DL the El Capitan driver. All users have different devices so I doubt the drivers would be in the new update.
DJ Tecniq 8:14 PM - 21 August, 2016
SL3 driver -> dj.rane.com