DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

nvII or ns7III

DJ Ray 5:04 AM - 29 July, 2016
Hello. I've been using a numark n6 for a while, because I feel fine with this hardware. I've been a DJ for more than 30 years. I basically play in private parties all kind of music. I want to upgrade into a new hardware, but I don't know if the ns7III will be the right choice or the new nvII??? I also use a mac.
If somebody can guide me on this, I will appreciate.
Thanks
DJ Remix Detroit 3:22 PM - 29 July, 2016
i own the NS7iii and it is a beast. they've made vast improvments since the original ns7 came out.

the unit is built like a tank and seems very durable. something that will last for years if properly taken care of.

as far as use with SDJ, i bought an AMX and 2 AFXs and had nothing but problems running SDJ. Since I bought the NS7iii i've had no issues running SDJ.

hope this helps.
i am Dj fLiP 8:25 PM - 29 July, 2016
I 2nd the NS7iii.

I've had the OG NS7 since it came out, and even use the V7 as my backup when i'm spinning at clubs.

NS7iii has a better build than the NVii. Only advantage I see from the NV is the weight, so it's more portable. But even that NS7iii is still much lighter than carrying turntables and cdj's altogether.

And of course, the vinyl feel.. which I'm sure you already know the answer.
Sharod 9:20 PM - 29 July, 2016
i agree with the NS7III. First and only controller i've owned. I still use turntables as well. Build is solid. Sounds quality is good. numerous ins & outs. Convienent.
dj_soo 4:30 AM - 31 July, 2016
haven't seen the nvii, but the first one felt like the cheapest piece of shit numark could have put together.
DJ Quartz 7:19 PM - 31 July, 2016
I'm watching the prices of the NS7III, I want to upgrade my NS7FX. I was looking around for some open box deals.

There are a bit of used NS7II's out there but my preference would be the NS7III.

Not because of the screens because I'm not going to even use them but the black buttons allow the led's to be more visible when I saw it in person.
i am Dj fLiP 7:05 PM - 1 August, 2016
Quote:
I'm watching the prices of the NS7III, I want to upgrade my NS7FX. I was looking around for some open box deals.

There are a bit of used NS7II's out there but my preference would be the NS7III.

Not because of the screens because I'm not going to even use them but the black buttons allow the led's to be more visible when I saw it in person.

yeah i don't pay attention much on the screens myself, but that pads are amazing!
also, keep an eye for coupons as that's how I got my NS7iii cheaper right when it came out.
DJ Quartz 7:27 PM - 1 August, 2016
yeah i don't pay attention much on the screens myself, but that pads are amazing!
also, keep an eye for coupons as that's how I got my NS7iii cheaper right when it came out.

I won't even unbox the screens, I have zero interest in them. It sounds weird I know...

Anywhere specific that had the coupons?
i am Dj fLiP 8:20 PM - 1 August, 2016
some stuff i like on the screen like the fx section of it.. it's just a good reminder if you still have it enabled when you switch to another track.

i got mine from Guitar Center and had a 15% off coupon, so if you live in a tax free state, you'd be golden. Or you could try to price match that coupon from another verified retailer.

i know there's alot of profit margin on Numark's, so i'm sure other retailers will sell for less.
123dj.com for example (though the bad reviews i've read, and bought stuff with them with no issues), comes with other stuff for the same price as you would get from GC of MF for example.

www.123dj.com
that one has a free flightcase for the same retail price.
DJ Ray 1:06 AM - 4 August, 2016
ok, that's what I wanted to hear. So NS7III it is.
Thanks guys.