DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Now HIGH SCHOOLS are playing bloody rap music! At their school dances!

Tommy Vercetti 7:50 AM - 28 July, 2016
As if about 90 percent of the nightclubs in Fort Myers/Lee County, Florida playing rap wasn't enough, I'm getting sketchy reports that even high schools; yes, that's right, HIGH SCHOOLS are playing that horrible filthy rap music at their school dances! One high school, most likely Lyons Township High School in the Chicago, Illinois suburb of LaGrange I hear, has reportedly played a TON of rap at their most recent Homecoming dance! The same type of garbage at Fort Myers nightclubs with all the profanity and the glorification of the gang/thug life and illegal drugs! The kind of music listened and danced to by thugs, killers, gang bangers, drug smugglers, and even terrorists! The kind of music I absolutely HATE to DEATH! And the kind of music that ESPECIALLY teenagers between 14 and 18 should NEVER be exposed to!

I can not believe this! This is a nationwide CATASTROPHE! Rap music at high school dances! Now American high schools are churning out trainloads of gangsters, thugs, drug runners, and domestic terrorists! Like, now high school Homecoming and Prom dances are recruiting American high schoolers from 14 years old to shoot and kill people, rape people, do illegal drugs, and even blow up occupied buildings! Parents, you better start homeschooling your kids at once! Rap is infecting America's high schools! Homecoming dance and all!
DJ Ravien 9:19 AM - 28 July, 2016
Thank you for the warning, I will be sure to print up this statement and pass it around at the next PTA meeting. It is time we take a stance against these terrorist!
Tommy Deem 1:18 PM - 28 July, 2016
Good to know, have to be on my toes
Detroitbootybass 3:53 PM - 28 July, 2016
Is this trolling? Is is it a mysteriously late rant that would have been more appropriate in 1986? Or is the OP truly serious?

i.imgur.com
DJ Ravien 3:55 PM - 28 July, 2016
deezlee 3:58 PM - 28 July, 2016
On that subject sorta but foreal...
I DJed a couple HS dances a couple years ago.
I wasn't knowing about the new style of dancing.
The Hump Clump.
Every kid on the floor in one big fringing clump. Nerds on the outside, hotties in the middle getting fairly naked. No other kids dancing anywhere else in the room, all of the kids clumped grinding in the hump clump.
RonDu 4:03 PM - 28 July, 2016
Well, at least Rap music is not as violent as real life these days. I'd rather highschool kids listen to a bunch of fabricated stories written in rhyme than actually having to go outside and getting shot for complying with an overseer.....overseer....overseer....overseer...officer ...officer ...officer ..... OFFICER

Yeah, officer from overseer/ You need a little clarity? Check the similarity!

KRS1- circa 93/94
Antonio Essex 4:12 PM - 28 July, 2016
We were doing the "Hump Clump" in 1995 freshman year bruh! I went from the Hump clump to the 2 step with the wifey in 2016
DJ Remix Detroit 4:17 PM - 28 July, 2016
Quote:
As if about 90 percent of the nightclubs in Fort Myers/Lee County, Florida playing rap wasn't enough, I'm getting sketchy reports that even high schools; yes, that's right, HIGH SCHOOLS are playing that horrible filthy rap music at their school dances! One high school, most likely Lyons Township High School in the Chicago, Illinois suburb of LaGrange I hear, has reportedly played a TON of rap at their most recent Homecoming dance! The same type of garbage at Fort Myers nightclubs with all the profanity and the glorification of the gang/thug life and illegal drugs! The kind of music listened and danced to by thugs, killers, gang bangers, drug smugglers, and even terrorists! The kind of music I absolutely HATE to DEATH! And the kind of music that ESPECIALLY teenagers between 14 and 18 should NEVER be exposed to!

I can not believe this! This is a nationwide CATASTROPHE! Rap music at high school dances! Now American high schools are churning out trainloads of gangsters, thugs, drug runners, and domestic terrorists! Like, now high school Homecoming and Prom dances are recruiting American high schoolers from 14 years old to shoot and kill people, rape people, do illegal drugs, and even blow up occupied buildings! Parents, you better start homeschooling your kids at once! Rap is infecting America's high schools! Homecoming dance and all!

parents were saying this same thing about Elvis Presley and the Beatles in the 50's and 60's
deezlee 4:34 PM - 28 July, 2016
The hump clump had the chaperones stumped, blocked by the outer wall of fully clothed nerds.
DJ Ravien 5:24 PM - 28 July, 2016
Quote:
parents were saying this same thing about Elvis Presley and the Beatles in the 50's and 60's

and see what that lead to! lol
Tommy Vercetti 6:12 PM - 28 July, 2016
Lord God change this twisted country and straighten it out! All that rap at our nightclubs and high schools is going to make America at least ten times worse than Afghanistan in terms of violence within the next decade or so!
Tommy Vercetti 6:31 PM - 28 July, 2016
This is just absolutely insane! The whole rap scene itself is insane! High school kids as young as 14 deliberately exposed, by their own school at their own Homecoming, Prom, and other school dances, to the exact same kind of music (rap) that I am certain was listened to by even the perps behind the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing, the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing, the bombing of Pan Am Flight 103, and yes, even the perps that flew those planes/missiles into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon on 9/11 and then sent the Twin Towers and Building 7 crashing and cascading to the ground in heaps of smoking wreckage, not to mention the deaths of more than 3,000 people! THOSE kinds of people listen and dance to rap!
DJ Ravien 6:31 PM - 28 July, 2016
Let us join hands and bow our heads in prayer.

Gracious Heavenly Father, We approach Your throne of grace and ask for your help in our time of need. Please forgive us for allowing rap music to influence our culture. Protect us and deliver us , Lord, from every evil spirit and evil influence afflicting our life. We humbly ask and seek your presence, and pray for the wisdom and power of your Holy Spirit, and the presence of your holy angels to help in this matter. Illuminate our mind with the truth of our situation, and teach us to war against this evil intrusion, Lord, and lead us into the victory, to deliver and set us free from the power of sin.

Amen
DJ Remix Detroit 7:46 PM - 28 July, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

and see what that lead to! lol

lol... I've talked to several older people, and they told me they had to sneak and listen to Elvis and the Beatles. They were condidered the Anti-Christs of their time.
DJ Remix Detroit 7:46 PM - 28 July, 2016
Quote:
Let us join hands and bow our heads in prayer.

Gracious Heavenly Father, We approach Your throne of grace and ask for your help in our time of need. Please forgive us for allowing rap music to influence our culture. Protect us and deliver us , Lord, from every evil spirit and evil influence afflicting our life. We humbly ask and seek your presence, and pray for the wisdom and power of your Holy Spirit, and the presence of your holy angels to help in this matter. Illuminate our mind with the truth of our situation, and teach us to war against this evil intrusion, Lord, and lead us into the victory, to deliver and set us free from the power of sin.

Amen

Amen and A woman too!
DJ Ravien 7:56 PM - 28 July, 2016
Quote:
Amen and A woman too!

Lmao

Quote:
lol... I've talked to several older people, and they told me they had to sneak and listen to Elvis and the Beatles. They were condidered the Anti-Christs of their time.

Yea, my grandmother use to tell me stories of Elvis and the Beetles. Elvis was majorly controversial according to her "The way he used to thrust his pelvic area around." - Grandma
Antonio Essex 8:09 PM - 28 July, 2016
All praise be to that cool guy Allan Akbar. Heard he was dynamite!
utradar 8:31 PM - 28 July, 2016
did you just wake up from a 25 year nap?
DJ Remix Detroit 9:05 PM - 28 July, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Amen and A woman too!

Lmao

Quote:

Yea, my grandmother use to tell me stories of Elvis and the Beetles. Elvis was majorly controversial according to her "The way he used to thrust his pelvic area around." - Grandma

too funny
577er 9:48 PM - 28 July, 2016
This thread delivers!

Muslim terrorists listing to music, let alone rap... lol. I think I'm beginning to see trumps path to the White House.
RonDu 3:43 PM - 29 July, 2016
I wonder what rap groups the FBI (1993 world trade bombing) were listening to during their first attempt at taking down the towers.

I wonder if 2- Live Crew had any influence on Timothy McVeigh's decision to blow up Oklahoma...

Is it at all possible that Young Thug's feminine lyrics and style were banging through the wireless Beats headphones of the Boston Marathon Bombers?

Rap was almost at it's creative and positively influential peak around the time of the Pan Am bombing so perhaps "Don't Believe The Hype" by Public Enemy was the straw that broke the camel's back and made the terrrorist plan this awful event.... no?

2001 was the reign of keyboard beats and when the South started "winning" so maybe it was the luxurious Auto-tune lacking harmonics of Petey Pablo's "Raise it up", which was actually a subliminal opposite which caused the terrorists... *cough, cough* I mean Amerikkka to take down the towers; and then blow up a building that wasn't even touched.

People, Tommy Vercetti may have come on to something. I feel illuminated now. I'm ready for my plate of New World Order! :)
AKIEM 6:10 PM - 29 July, 2016
Quote:
I wonder what rap groups the FBI (1993 world trade bombing) were listening to during their first attempt at taking down the towers.

I wonder if 2- Live Crew had any influence on Timothy McVeigh's decision to blow up Oklahoma...

Is it at all possible that Young Thug's feminine lyrics and style were banging through the wireless Beats headphones of the Boston Marathon Bombers?

Rap was almost at it's creative and positively influential peak around the time of the Pan Am bombing so perhaps "Don't Believe The Hype" by Public Enemy was the straw that broke the camel's back and made the terrrorist plan this awful event.... no?

2001 was the reign of keyboard beats and when the South started "winning" so maybe it was the luxurious Auto-tune lacking harmonics of Petey Pablo's "Raise it up", which was actually a subliminal opposite which caused the terrorists... *cough, cough* I mean Amerikkka to take down the towers; and then blow up a building that wasn't even touched.

People, Tommy Vercetti may have come on to something. I feel illuminated now. I'm ready for my plate of New World Order! :)

It all makes sense now.
Dj Wunder 9:21 PM - 30 July, 2016
Donald: "Hey I need a way to make Tommy Vercetti look like a total dumbass"

Russian Hacker: "No problem Mr. Drumpf, I have just the forum, and the users can't edit their posts so it will be online forever muwahahaaaa"
Tommy Vercetti 10:03 PM - 3 August, 2016
Quote:

The bombing of Pan Am Flight 103 was in 1988, and there were a lot of rap songs loaded with the profanity and the glorification of the gang/thug life even before 1988. Regardless of the year it came out, even if it came out in the 1950s, rap is still rap. If it's got profanity in it and if it glorifies the gangster thug life, it has NO place at all in society! Especially at bars and nightclubs!
DJ Ravien 10:30 PM - 3 August, 2016
Now if we can only find a way to tie rap music to Hitler I think we might have a case!
DJ Ravien 10:45 PM - 3 August, 2016
Quote:
rap is still rap

So true, just listen to these horrible lyrics!

Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ Quartz 2:54 AM - 4 August, 2016
Quote:
The bombing of Pan Am Flight 103 was in 1988, and there were a lot of rap songs loaded with the profanity and the glorification of the gang/thug life even before 1988. Regardless of the year it came out, even if it came out in the 1950s, rap is still rap. If it's got profanity in it and if it glorifies the gangster thug life, it has NO place at all in society! Especially at bars and nightclubs!

Ok, profanity is profanity. But don't promote that bs that rap is the only songs with profane lyrics.

There is many genres that are NOT rap and have profane lyrics.
dj_soo 5:14 AM - 4 August, 2016
this has to be an elaborate troll right?

The biggest problem is that I fully believe there are people like this in the world.

Especially flordia.
DJ Quartz 3:03 PM - 4 August, 2016
I believe you have to set the example. I play clean edits at all under 18 events and weddings.

I even play clean edits at the club when it's early because different people hang out earlier in the night and it's more pleasant on the ears since we have speakers that play outside as well.

People criticized me at first about my mix cd's being released with clean versions or profanity masking but soon realized they could play them anywhere and around their kids which inversely made them very popular.

If you don't like what's playing in the schools, then market yourself and get the booking.
DJ Remix Detroit 3:10 PM - 4 August, 2016
Quote:
If it's got profanity in it and if it glorifies the gangster thug life, it has NO place at all in society! Especially at bars and nightclubs!

i hear ya bro... that's why i didnt even bother to place this in the club:

Watchwww.youtube.com
RonDu 4:26 PM - 4 August, 2016
Honestly, who gives a camel $h*t but those who don't like rap music? I dislike heavy metal but couldn't give a paralyzed rat's @ss if they played it at my kids' highschool. I doubt the kids will start giving offerings of little Caucasion newborns in a pentacircle to Satan because of a night's worth of metal. If the kids want rap music, give it to them. If they are so easily influenced by the "negative" content of rap music and are highly prone to doing bad things because of it, blame their stupid parents, guardians, or who the f*ck ever is raising up those future derelicts of society. Apparently, their child rearing skills leave much to be desired and they should all be punched in their faces, with force, and with reinforced brass knuckles*. Those are the kids that need to be killed by police, daily, before they can grow up and cause harm to society*.

In advance, you're all welcome.

* denotes a joke
RonDu 4:28 PM - 4 August, 2016
Quote:

i hear ya bro... that's why i didnt even bother to place this in the club:

Watchwww.youtube.com

WTF? LMBAO!
DJ Quartz 4:31 PM - 4 August, 2016
I dislike heavy metal but couldn't give a paralyzed rat's @ss if they played it at my kids' highschool. I doubt the kids will start giving offerings of little Caucasion newborns in a pentacircle to Satan because of a night's worth of metal.

Ha ha, I've said the same thing.
DJ Remix Detroit 9:23 PM - 4 August, 2016
at the end of the day music is protected by the first ammendment... if you dont want your kids to turn out bad... be a good parent...

that is all
ParisCreative 1:34 AM - 5 August, 2016
Either we are all being trolled, or this guy needs to be bounced off the forums.
DJ Ravien 1:39 AM - 5 August, 2016
I believe Tommy is super serious about stopping rap terrorist from further damaging our great country.

Don't worry Tommy some of us support you!

God Bless America
Taipanic 3:01 PM - 5 August, 2016
Quote:

The biggest problem is that I fully believe there are people like this in the world.

Especially flordia.

Troll,

He's had 3-4 threads exactly like this one.
DJ Ravien 4:08 PM - 5 August, 2016
Quote:

Because he feels this is a major threat! 9/11, Oklahoma, Boston Marathon, Fort hood, Texas sniper, Anthrax ,Swine Flu, Ebola, Zika and all because we allow people to listen to rap music.

I fact checked it, seems legit.
Code:E 5:38 PM - 6 August, 2016
Can we ban this troll.... This is nothing but some nut job trying to get a rise out of everyone.
AKIEM 12:42 AM - 7 August, 2016
Quote:
Can we ban this troll.... This is nothing but some nut job trying to get a rise out of everyone.

sounds like plenty of the regulars around here...
Tommy Vercetti 3:04 AM - 9 August, 2016
Quote:

You DARE to accuse me of trying to get a rise out of people!? What society really needs is a bunch of anti-rap music protests aimed at getting rap out of all bars, nightclubs, and school dances.
Mr. Goodkat 3:29 AM - 9 August, 2016
Quote:

Especially flordia.

gta.wikia.com
DJ Ravien 11:31 AM - 9 August, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Especially flordia.

gta.wikia.com

lmao, surely just a coincidence
Tommy Vercetti 11:06 PM - 18 August, 2016
Quote:

Ok, profanity is profanity. But don't promote that bs that rap is the only songs with profane lyrics.

There is many genres that are NOT rap and have profane lyrics.

Any song that has profanity in it is considered rap!
Tommy Vercetti 11:12 PM - 18 August, 2016
Quote:
Well, at least Rap music is not as violent as real life these days. I'd rather highschool kids listen to a bunch of fabricated stories written in rhyme than actually having to go outside and getting shot for complying with an overseer.....overseer....overseer....overseer...officer ...officer ...officer ..... OFFICER

Yeah, officer from overseer/ You need a little clarity? Check the similarity!

KRS1- circa 93/94

Rap, especially hard core gangsta rap, IS ALWAYS horribly violent! And about 90 percent of Southwest Florida clubs and bars are playing that hardcore junk as their new mainstream! We need a crusade!
Tommy Vercetti 11:19 PM - 18 August, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Because he feels this is a major threat! 9/11, Oklahoma, Boston Marathon, Fort hood, Texas sniper, Anthrax ,Swine Flu, Ebola, Zika and all because we allow people to listen to rap music.

I fact checked it, seems legit.

Pretty much all except Swine Flu, Ebola, and Zika; those are natural viruses and such.

And rap music IS a MONSTROUS threat/menace to society! Especially when it is played at high school dances, bars, and nightclubs. And now I've discovered that Southwest Florida's party station, 105.5 The Beat, also plays a ton of rap! God Bless America? Why should He? Rap is spreading like cancer all over the entire nightlife atmosphere, high schools and all! Kids as young as freaking 13 YEARS OLD if not younger are being exposed to rap!
DJ Ravien 12:41 AM - 19 August, 2016
Quote:
Pretty much all except Swine Flu, Ebola, and Zika; those are natural viruses and such.

Yes, a plague that God brought upon us for allowing rap music to be played at high school dances and night clubs!
djdonny007 2:32 PM - 21 August, 2016
And rap music IS a MONSTROUS threat/menace to society!

No tommy, u r a monstrous threat to sanity. U r lyk a gummi bear...bouncing here and there and everywhere.
DJ SPAIR 1:07 AM - 22 August, 2016
Tommy Vercetti has definitely got his "Make America Great Again" hat on.
Culprit 7:31 AM - 22 August, 2016
haha, troller of the year belongs to...
djdonny007 9:10 AM - 22 August, 2016
Wait...i actually thot about this and tommy might be onto something so...

Tommy,what type of music would you like clubs to play, have youngsters listen to, be played at high school dances?

I had a dream...that all hip hop/gangsta rap music were banned to the deepest pit of hell with tommy as the gate keeper.
RonDu 3:40 PM - 22 August, 2016
Quote:
And rap music IS a MONSTROUS threat/menace to society! Especially when it is played at high school dances, bars, and nightclubs. And now I've discovered that Southwest Florida's party station, 105.5 The Beat, also plays a ton of rap! God Bless America? Why should He? !

Oh snap! So you know my boy Selecta A.J.! You should call in and request "Rap is Outta Control" by EPMD next time he's on. You wont be disappointed! :)
Tommy Vercetti 8:30 AM - 6 December, 2016
Quote:

Tommy,what type of music would you like clubs to play, have youngsters listen to, be played at high school dances?

I had a dream...that all hip hop/gangsta rap music were banned to the deepest pit of hell with tommy as the gate keeper.

Clubs really ought to play classic 80s and 90s dance music, some country here and there, a few slow songs, R&B, Old School, and a few Top 40s. And that is the kind of music all youngsters ought to listen to, and the type of music that needs to be played at high school dances. DJs, if you're going to be playing rap, do us a favor! Go play it in Afghanistan! Go play it in Iraq! Go play it in Syria! Go play it in the Gaza Strip! We don't want it here in America!
djnonstopla323 10:54 AM - 6 December, 2016
Quote:
here

Quote:
Quote:

Clubs really ought to play classic 80s and 90s dance music, some country here and there, a few slow songs, R&B, Old School, and a few Top 40s. And that is the kind of music all youngsters ought to listen to, and the type of music that needs to be played at high school dances. DJs, if you're going to be playing rap, do us a favor! Go play it in Afghanistan! Go play it in Iraq! Go play it in Syria! Go play it in the Gaza Strip! We don't want it here in America!

Are you even a Dj? because sounds like you're at the wrong forum. LMAO. Rap music or Any other type of music will not make a person violent or a drug dealer . I'm sorry but you're an idiot for this thread. Go join a Church forum they might go on strike with you lol. And for your info there's plenty of music that use profanity even if they don't they use other words to talk about sex and drugs.
Mr. Goodkat 12:50 PM - 6 December, 2016
its a troll. quit feeding troll plz
djnonstopla323 8:50 PM - 6 December, 2016
Quote:
its a troll. quit feeding troll plz

Lol got it :p
Tommy Vercetti 1:35 AM - 7 December, 2016
I do not appreciate being called a troll. Rap most certainly DOES make people violent! There was recently a shooting at the normally quiet Gulf Coast Town Center. Thank goodness it wasn't a terrorist bombing! There are 4 bars at Gulf Coast Town Center and all of them play nonstop rap all night, especially on College nights. So in fact, I'm not surprised that there was a shooting there.

Unfortunately, people on church forums like to see all music; even slow dance love songs, as a horrible, demonic abomination. Plus, church is not even a very good place to meet women, either. There's usually about 25 guys to every one woman, the women are either taken, far too young (teenagers, children, etc), far too old (80s, 90s in age), or they are morbidly obese.

And speaking of obesity, by the way, it has absolutely zero excuse in any tropical area like Southwest Florida. Anyone who has lived in any tropical area like the southern half of Florida or Hawaii or American Samoa or the Caribbean for more than a few years has absolutely zero excuse for being overweight.You're overweight and live in tropical paradise, get off that couch at once! Get on the bicycle! Go jogging! Go for a walk! Go swimming! Grow some oranges, pineapples, bananas, grapefruits, coconuts, lettuce, broccoli, corn, and such! Stop acting like it's 25 below zero outside with a roaring blizzard!
DJ Guayo 2:18 AM - 7 December, 2016
Quote:
I do not appreciate being called a troll. Rap most certainly DOES make people violent! There was recently a shooting at the normally quiet Gulf Coast Town Center. Thank goodness it wasn't a terrorist bombing! There are 4 bars at Gulf Coast Town Center and all of them play nonstop rap all night, especially on College nights. So in fact, I'm not surprised that there was a shooting there.

Unfortunately, people on church forums like to see all music; even slow dance love songs, as a horrible, demonic abomination. Plus, church is not even a very good place to meet women, either. There's usually about 25 guys to every one woman, the women are either taken, far too young (teenagers, children, etc), far too old (80s, 90s in age), or they are morbidly obese.

And speaking of obesity, by the way, it has absolutely zero excuse in any tropical area like Southwest Florida. Anyone who has lived in any tropical area like the southern half of Florida or Hawaii or American Samoa or the Caribbean for more than a few years has absolutely zero excuse for being overweight.You're overweight and live in tropical paradise, get off that couch at once! Get on the bicycle! Go jogging! Go for a walk! Go swimming! Grow some oranges, pineapples, bananas, grapefruits, coconuts, lettuce, broccoli, corn, and such! Stop acting like it's 25 below zero outside with a roaring blizzard!

Finally. Someone who gets it.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:43 AM - 7 December, 2016
Quote:

Wait, what?
DJ Guayo 2:44 AM - 7 December, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Wait, what?

Work with me Johnny. Lol
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:46 AM - 7 December, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Wait, what?

Work with me Johnny. Lol

I see u.

Please continue.
360 Degreez of Beatz 8:45 AM - 7 December, 2016
Music doesn't make anyone violent no more than watching a tv show or going to a movie. Stop it. I listen to Hip Hop among different genres of music and I am not a violent person. Stop it with this bullshit. If a person is violent by nature, no amount of music or lack thereof will change that. Grow the fuck up. All of you blaming music for a person's behavior sound like you are straight of the the 1970s or 1980s. Shit didn't work then, and it isn't going to work now. If you don't like a certain genre of music, don't listen and stop bitching like a bunch of moronic pussies. LMAO! This is the silliest shit I have seen on the internet in quite a while. SMFH.
djnonstopla323 8:55 AM - 7 December, 2016
Quote:
Music doesn't make anyone violent no more than watching a tv show or going to a movie. Stop it. I listen to Hip Hop among different genres of music and I am not a violent person. Stop it with this bullshit. If a person is violent by nature, no amount of music or lack thereof will change that. Grow the fuck up. All of you blaming music for a person's behavior sound like you are straight of the the 1970s or 1980s. Shit didn't work then, and it isn't going to work now. If you don't like a certain genre of music, don't listen and stop bitching like a bunch of moronic pussies. LMAO! This is the silliest shit I have seen on the internet in quite a while. SMFH.

He's a Troll bro
RonDu 3:26 PM - 7 December, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Wait, what?

Work with me Johnny. Lol

LMAO!
Chrisjin 4:11 PM - 7 December, 2016
Italian food was eaten by the mafia and you know what they did. Extortion, gambling, killing, bootlegging. Let ban all Italian food before the rise of a new mob
DJ GaFFle 6:30 PM - 11 December, 2016
Quote:
Music doesn't make anyone violent no more than watching a tv show or going to a movie. Stop it.

Music is very influential and can have a strong affect on ones behavior/mood/mindset.
Papa Midnight 8:24 PM - 11 December, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Music doesn't make anyone violent no more than watching a tv show or going to a movie. Stop it.

Music is very influential and can have a strong affect on ones behavior/mood/mindset.

If that's the case, then _Knuck if you Buck_ should result in a riot anytime it's played.

Come on, man. That's like when people were saying Marilyn Manson should be banned...

...or that Mortal Kombat, Grand Theft Auto, and Counter-Strike would lead to kids killing each other...

...or even Comic Books.
Β 6 12:09 AM - 12 December, 2016
I remember the last time I played Everybody Was Kung Fu Fighting the riot police had to come in and take care of business.

:P

nm
Papa Midnight 12:11 AM - 12 December, 2016
Quote:
I remember the last time I played Everybody Was Kung Fu Fighting the riot police had to come in and take care of business.

Man, Edwin Starr almost resulted in the National Guard being deployed.
Tommy Vercetti 7:56 AM - 20 December, 2016
Quote:
If you don't like a certain genre of music, don't listen and stop bitching like a bunch of moronic pussies. LMAO! This is the silliest shit I have seen on the internet in quite a while. SMFH.

I can not help it, man! Especially when about every single bar and nightclub in the state is playing that garbage! And every single other club is playing the exact same songs with the profanity and the glorification of the gangsta thug life like trying to turn the whole state into a carbon copy of Afghanistan! Literally as in, I go to a club, they are playing rap, I leave, go to another club, same rap music! Then I leave and go to another club or bar, they are STILL playing that same rap! Different clubs, same rap trash! And they water it down by calling it hip hop! And then everyone wonders why shootings are breaking out all over entire metro areas, and even terrorist bombings are occuring! Moving is expensive.

If rap (so called "hip hop") is really so popular in America, that means America is destined to become a horribly violent war zone just like Afghanistan! And it's no wonder so many dumbed down Americans want Martial law and military dictatorship!
DJ GaFFle 9:45 AM - 20 December, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If that's the case, then _Knuck if you Buck_ should result in a riot anytime it's played.

Come on, man. That's like when people were saying Marilyn Manson should be banned...

...or that Mortal Kombat, Grand Theft Auto, and Counter-Strike would lead to kids killing each other...

...or even Comic Books.

Re-read my statement. It's 100% true.
BARRY SCOTT 2:05 PM - 20 December, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
rap is still rap

So true, just listen to these horrible lyrics!

Watchwww.youtube.com

That's the most offensive thing I've heard all year.
D Jay Cee 5:26 AM - 20 February, 2017
this is why I always get the Proms here now. they know that I will play what the kids like but keep that junk out. the worst thing I play is Steal your man. (ya, hey)
Tommy Vercetti 6:02 AM - 26 February, 2019
Rap music belongs in SYRIA!!! And Syria is the perfect place for anyone to play and party to rap music. All rappers and rap DJs need to be deported immediately to Syria.
GrandDad 11:14 PM - 26 February, 2019
Quote:
Rap music belongs in SYRIA!!! And Syria is the perfect place for anyone to play and party to rap music. All rappers and rap DJs need to be deported immediately to Syria.

What are they playing in Sicily?
17tr2 9:36 PM - 27 February, 2019
What's rap music?
ilvit 4:12 PM - 1 July, 2019
The Sugar Hill Gang - Rapper's Delight is what started rap music. it had a 15 minute track for the song...thats how long dance songs really made nightclubs fun and enjoyable to go out to...
AKIEM 2:22 AM - 2 July, 2019
Quote:
The Sugar Hill Gang - Rapper's Delight is what started rap music. it had a 15 minute track for the song...thats how long dance songs really made nightclubs fun and enjoyable to go out to...

Rappers Delight didnt start rap, but it did introduce rap to a wide audience. There were some 15 rap songs, mostly because rap songs hadnt yet found a song formula (verse, chorus). But most rap records which followed were shorter.
desmorider 12:32 AM - 3 July, 2019
The Fatback Band King Tim III
AKIEM 1:24 AM - 3 July, 2019
Quote:
The Fatback Band King Tim III

Not the first rap on record, and not the first rapper on a record, but before SHG.
Label B-Sided it, or it probably would have been much bigger if they had known what it was to promote.
DAYTØNA 8:30 PM - 4 July, 2019
welcome to 2004.........