Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato won't delete tracks

snowhite 7:17 PM - 27 July, 2016
I e searched for answers and can't find any. I delete some tracks from serato dj like duplicates and unwanted tracks, when I close the program and re open the tracks I delete are back again. I tried without protect library and with results are the same.
I tried deleting serato and reinstalling, deleting the database v6 folder in progress files nothing I can think of is working. Please help.
DJ Ravien 9:09 PM - 27 July, 2016
You can use cmd+shift+delete to delete from HDD which should solve the issue. The file will then go to your recycling bin if you wanted to keep it for whatever reason.
snowhite 2:52 AM - 11 October, 2016
IT TEMPORARY DELETES UNTIL I RE OPEN SERATO THEN THE TRACK IS BACK AGAIN
sean kozak 8:06 PM - 23 April, 2019
Quote:
IT TEMPORARY DELETES UNTIL I RE OPEN SERATO THEN THE TRACK IS BACK AGAIN

I just had something similar to me on a new install. what it turned out to be is an issue with the files within iTunes. In one instance I had two songs referencing the same .wav file. not sure how that was possible but I deleted one and kept the file.

if iTunes keeps telling Serato the file is in its database the file will keep showing up in Serato.
HK1200 8:13 PM - 23 April, 2019
Look, if Serato feels that strongly about it being a hot track that's worth keeping, who are you to argue?
Dante Coleman 10:59 PM - 27 August, 2019
I have this same issue with about 15,000 songs I deleted from my Itunes and everytime I open serato I have to wait 15-20 to load then delete all the tracks I know I deleted from itunes