Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ Recordings

DeclanOConnell 8:55 PM - 26 July, 2016
Is there any way to set the recordings so they automatically save? Last night I had been recording a set and then at the end of the night had my Serato open and when the mixer got turned off, it disconnect my Serato from the mixer and thus just closed out my recording without saving it.
Dj Wunder 9:20 PM - 26 July, 2016
Recordings get saved to a temp folder in the _serato folder, you should find most of your mix in there
DeclanOConnell 9:23 PM - 26 July, 2016
Quote:
Recordings get saved to a temp folder in the _serato folder, you should find most of your mix in there

Yeah but will it have saved it if I didn't hit save? Because as soon as the mixer got unplugged the decks disappeared obviously because they weren't connected, and thus it ended the recording.
GnollinZ 12:20 PM - 28 July, 2016
It should be in the temp directory as long as you haven't started a new recording since.

I agree about the recording function though, it should provide the option to autosave or at least warn you that there are unsaved recordings before deleting them.
DeclanOConnell 5:13 PM - 28 July, 2016
Yup! Found it but definitely agree

Quote:
It should be in the temp directory as long as you haven't started a new recording since.

I agree about the recording function though, it should provide the option to autosave or at least warn you that there are unsaved recordings before deleting them.
Dj G cue 10:14 PM - 31 October, 2016
I have all my music in my Music folder in my Mac. when I record a mix, it automatically appears on the Music folder when im done recording. then I turn it in to MP3 with ITunes
Ruffrob 4:39 PM - 1 May, 2017
I need to find a way of copy/pasting my mix from that temp folder to my external drive so it can be heard on my desktop....any ideas?? I tried yesterday but at no time did I get the 'paste item' when I attempted in my external drive connected to my Macbook Pro
DJ Tecniq 6:21 PM - 1 May, 2017
In the recording section of SDJ you can choose the location of where your want the recording to go. So if you want all your recording on the external then choose a folder and the file will be written to it on the external.
Ruffrob 7:14 PM - 1 May, 2017
Thanks for your feedback,but it doesn't answer my question. I want to move an existing recording from the temp folder as I stated above
DJ Tecniq 7:46 PM - 1 May, 2017
It should be simple. Copy and paste does not work for you? Are you on Windows?
DJ Tecniq 7:48 PM - 1 May, 2017
Nevermind you are using a Mac all it takes is a right click of the track pad then copy/paste. This won't work unless your track pad is set up differently which may be the case.
Ruffrob 8:11 PM - 1 May, 2017
I'm using an external wireless mouse but i will use the trackpad ,but I don't understand. I've used the mouse to move things from the external drive to the internal drive without a problem......the Recording Temp allows a copy.......but not a paste...gonna try it again tonight
Ruffrob 8:18 PM - 1 May, 2017
Thanks for the responses
DJ Tecniq 8:50 PM - 1 May, 2017
As I said before you can have your files go into any folder location it doesn't have to be the temp folder. However I'm on Mac Yosemite and can copy and paste perfectly fine from the recording folder to anywhere else but I'm using track pad only difference.
Dj Wunder 2:55 AM - 3 May, 2017
Is the external 'Read-only'?

Doesn't seem likely but just trying to weed out the obvious stuff
Serato, Support
Gregg H 4:10 AM - 3 May, 2017
Quote:
I'm using an external wireless mouse but i will use the trackpad ,but I don't understand. I've used the mouse to move things from the external drive to the internal drive without a problem......the Recording Temp allows a copy.......but not a paste...gonna try it again tonight

Hey there Ruffrob feel free to open a ticket at support@serato.com if you're still having issues moving your recording file.
Laz219 4:43 AM - 3 May, 2017
Quote:
Is the external 'Read-only'?

Doesn't seem likely but just trying to weed out the obvious stuff

Yeah, that was my first though as well.
If the drive is formatted as NTFS, macs can read but not write to them.

If you copy other files to the drive from the mac does it work? Is it ONLY the recording file you can't move?
Ruffrob 4:16 PM - 3 May, 2017
Hey Laz219 - Yes AFAIK...I will check the format of the external drive. I often am able to move stuff to the drive from my Win10 ,but i do understand what I'm using is a Mac. One thing I should mention is that I've tried to use a thumb drive for the same purpose and can't move the file to that either
Ruffrob 4:19 PM - 3 May, 2017
Thanks Greg H......If I continue to have issues,i will create a ticket......but at this point,i feel like it's something very simple.......I just don't know what it is...LOL
DJ Tecniq 5:00 PM - 3 May, 2017
If the drive is not formatted for Mac that is a clear indication of why you can't copy/paste files. You will have to backup the files to another computer or storage device. Wipe the drive clean then format it for mac. If you want to use the drive strictly with just Mac the format should be "Mac Journaled" if you want it to be compatible with both pc and Mac the format should be "Exfat"
DJ Tecniq 5:02 PM - 3 May, 2017
You will want to do the same with any USB sticks or other storage devices. Right click the drive and find out exactly what format it's in. Easy Peasy👍🏼
Ruffrob 8:57 PM - 3 May, 2017
Thanks Tecniq....once this is done ,i will reply back...Thanks to you all for your patience
DJ Tecniq 9:25 PM - 3 May, 2017
If that doesn't work then the files are "locked" somehow and may need permission or something else is going on.
Serato, Support
Gregg H 11:38 PM - 3 May, 2017
No worries Ruffrob, always happy to help.
djdebby9ja 11:56 AM - 4 May, 2017
pls i need help anytime am playing with my serato dJ different song play underground even if i pause d two side player d sound still come out on till i on plug d cable from my laptop n plug it back b4 it stop
pls help me its really disgracing me in d club
djdebby9ja 11:57 AM - 4 May, 2017
Quote:
No worries Ruffrob, always happy to help.

U CAN HELPpls i need help anytime am playing with my serato dJ different song play underground even if i pause d two side player d sound still come out on till i on plug d cable from my laptop n plug it back b4 it stop
Laz219 12:44 AM - 5 May, 2017
Quote:
pls i need help anytime am playing with my serato dJ different song play underground even if i pause d two side player d sound still come out on till i on plug d cable from my laptop n plug it back b4 it stop

Start your own thread, rather than trying to take over other peoples.
DJ Tecniq 2:25 AM - 5 May, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Start your own thread, rather than trying to take over other peoples.
+1