Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

mac 10.11.6 update

hersh20 3:01 PM - 19 July, 2016
has anyone tested sdj 1.9.1 with osX 10.11.6? is it safe?
just wondering if i can install the update.

thanks
Chino 3:09 PM - 19 July, 2016
I asked that same question in the Public Beta SDJ 1.9.2 forum. Scott from Serato indicated that he just installed it. Apparently, it's in the testing phase. Personally, I would recommend sticking with what works for now which is 10.11.5. I run EL Capitan (10.11.5) with my Denon MCx8000.
PopRoXxX 6:07 PM - 20 July, 2016
Updated and played a 4 hour set last night. Didn't run into any issues
Chino 8:01 PM - 20 July, 2016
Quote:
Updated and played a 4 hour set last night. Didn't run into any issues

Did you notice any improvements over 10.11.5? I will probably upgrade AFTER my gigs this coming weekend.
PopRoXxX 8:19 PM - 20 July, 2016
Uhhhhh ..... everything worked same as before? LOL
hersh20 5:41 PM - 1 August, 2016
everything still all good with that update?
Asu 11:30 PM - 4 August, 2016
Don't ever update so soom...last safe update was 10.11.4 according to Rane,Serato,Pioneer etc...if you use multiple hardware like i do (Rane 62 at the Club,Rane MKII & DDJ SX at home,DDJ-SZ when i play with a buddy DJ,Scratch Live when i have too etc),you gotta play it safe always...wait for official support from all your hardware manufacturers to ensure everything will be in working order.

I learned the hard way,so you'll have no one to blame but yourself.though many were mad at say Rane when they updated so soon to EL Capitan and nothing worked via RANE gear since their hardware is class compliant but Apple broke that audio compliance before version 10.11.4...Rane's hands were literally tied.

No professional ever updates when their gear is working fine until official support is announced...Remember that always no matter how enticing the new features of an OS may be.
EAZYATM 6:46 AM - 5 August, 2016
Serato needs to sign up for Apple & Windows beta os program and team serato needs to be getting ready for Sierra πŸ‘€
bjoern 12:39 PM - 5 August, 2016
i have a startup crash every time with 1.9.2 on 10.11.6 :-( Retina Macbook 15" 11,3 - middle 2014)
DJ Tecniq 8:17 PM - 5 August, 2016
Quote:
i have a startup crash every time with 1.9.2 on 10.11.6 :-( Retina Macbook 15" 11,3 - middle 2014)
I have the same Mac but still on Yosemite lol...I've just heard so many problems with it so I'm gonna stay clear from it which El Capitan may be your cause.
Asu 3:42 PM - 8 August, 2016
Quote:

don't update your laptop if you use it for gigs,you must stick with the last stable version which is 10.11.4.

if you must,have two laptops one for gigs one for personal use....If you can't afford two laptops,then just stick to one and don't update until confirmed,otherwise you'll be frustrated every couple of months.

Quote:
Serato needs to sign up for Apple & Windows beta os program and team Serato needs to be getting ready for Sierra πŸ‘€

Beta programs aren't stable until the final product...which brings us back to the same thing...wait until confirmation otherwise you're on your own.

A good example is how EL Capitan broke audio compliance standards which RANE relies upon...apple fixed it many months after they had released the final version of EL Capitan...many Rane users were frustrated but Rane couldn't do a thing about it because it was a fix apple needed to implement.that stable version is 10.11.4...so why anyone would take a chance of 10.11.6 beats me.
PopRoXxX 5:01 PM - 8 August, 2016
Agreed

But 10.11.6 is fine
PopRoXxX 5:01 PM - 8 August, 2016
At least for me and all my hardware/software
Asu 5:15 PM - 8 August, 2016
good for you bro...my DDJ-SX was fine back when EL Capitan was out but all Rane gear was a no go including my New TTM 57 MKII,even at my residence,all they have is Rane...but i hope you don't jump onto the next update...just play it safe guys...we all want stability.
PopRoXxX 5:29 PM - 8 August, 2016
I always have partitioned parts of my drive ready for this stuff. But I will say all my Rane, Pioneer, Reloop devices all work fine on 10.11.6 and the new Sierra as well.

Crazy how easy it was to install SSL on Sierra just for shits and giggles.
Jipex 1:50 PM - 12 September, 2016
Hi, i have install EL capitane 10.11.6 today, and I play with DJM-S9, but now I have no signal when i put play with my technic..!
I have serato DJ 1.9.2

Have you the same problem ??
StoYeah 4:44 PM - 12 September, 2016
I have a lot issues with 10.11.6 and 1.9.2.

Updated from Yosemite, so I can't tell if it's 10.11.6 only
Jipex 5:29 PM - 12 September, 2016
I think the DJM-S9 isn't compatible with El Capitan 10.11.6....

Its bad new for me !
PopRoXxX 6:51 PM - 12 September, 2016
I've been on 10.11.6 with the S9, SRT, SZ, SL3 and 57mkII. No problems
PopRoXxX 6:52 PM - 12 September, 2016
You need to make sure you have the correct updated drivers and firmware from Pioneer for El Capitan. That's at least your first step
Jipex 7:09 PM - 12 September, 2016
I have instal this driver "1.1.2" but on this link, i can read
www.pioneerdj.com

"OS X El Capitan v10.11.1 verification has been completed.
This driver is compatible with OS X v10.11.1 instead of v10.11.
Supported operating systems:
Mac OS X : v10.11.1"

Not 10.11.6... Me I have no signal, like the MK2 isn't linked on DJM-S9...I do not know what to do
ceedogg13 7:10 PM - 12 September, 2016
10.11.6 el capitan is working great for me all month with my mac and my Ns7 II love it..
Jipex 7:11 PM - 12 September, 2016
And DJM-S9 FIRMWARE MAC version 1.7, no signal, just en "INT" I can put music" not with my technics..

If you have a solution..
Jipex 7:25 PM - 12 September, 2016
In "INT" ist ok, but in "REL" monde, no signal, i have not the red bar under "SYNC like usually..

Like si have no pMK2 link on DJM S9... no signal

Idea about my problem ?
Asu 8:22 PM - 12 September, 2016
Quote:
I have a lot issues with 10.11.6 and 1.9.2.

Updated from Yosemite, so I can't tell if it's 10.11.6 only

Personally,i tried using 1.9.2 but it seems buggy to me...so I've stuck to 1.9.1 which has no issues on mac OS X 10.11.4 the officially supported version for now...i told you guys to turn off automatic updates.you're gonna run into more issues as the computer updates.

OS X Sierra is also coming out soon but isn't officially supported,so don't update o that either.

install 1.9.1 and you may have better luck
Jipex 8:28 PM - 12 September, 2016
Yes thank, you have DJS-S9 too ?
Asu 8:32 PM - 12 September, 2016
Quote:
Yes thank, you have DJS-S9 too ?

no sir,but i had problems with 1.9.2

Download 1.9.1 and it may actually work for you....works ok for me.

I have the new RANE TTM-57 MKII

get 1.9.1 here serato.com
Jipex 8:42 PM - 12 September, 2016
I try with 1.9.1 its alway the same, no signal... Ahhhhhh !

Its weird, like if has not MK2 linked, and if i plug my serrate SL2, it works but with a shift of a second halves
On DJM S9 and with DJM 800...

I'm lost !!
hersh20 2:28 AM - 13 September, 2016
i have been running 1.9.2 with osx 10.11.6 for the past 2 weeks without issue. also using the 62
Michael R 2:55 AM - 13 September, 2016
Hey guys,

We've been testing with the Sierra beta's and are currently testing on the gold master. We'll post our results when completed, but my recommendation would be to NOT upgrade until we announce official support.

Cheers,
Michael.
Jipex 4:40 AM - 13 September, 2016
Ok hersh20, but yo use with DJS-S9 too ?
Asu 1:47 PM - 13 September, 2016
Quote:

as you can see Jipex,don't do any updates that aren't officially supported...did you backup your laptop before you updated? if so,roll back to 10.11.4...try to re-install the driver and reboot the computer.
DJ Marv the Maverick 1:59 PM - 13 September, 2016
Quote:

I have S9 but the decks are at my residency and won't be able to test till Friday.

I have partitioned Mac and also updated my El Capitan to the latest version. I will test it on Friday and will let you know how I get on.
hersh20 9:48 PM - 18 September, 2016
i do not use an s9
DJ Kiss21 2:58 AM - 19 September, 2016
I run my music off externals (even iTunes) and partition my hard drive so I can run different operating systems for different purposes. So far I have found that running Yosemite 10.10.5 works for me for DJ software. I also have partitions on my macbook pro retina 15 inch-mid 2015 with El capitan and Sierra. I run DJ software via 10.10.5 though. If you want to upgrade partition the hard drive and run the upgrade on the other partition. Then you can test it out but still be safe and have your previous OS on the computer without any hiccups.
Deejay Rich 3:42 AM - 19 September, 2016
Hey guys need Help!

I just recently updated to OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 then update Serato DJ to 1.9.2 and connecting my Rane 62 mixer to update the firmware to be compatible with 1.9.2 but for some reason all it says on the bottom Rane 62 hardware connecting this may take awhile. Nothing happens after that no connection with my mixer.

anyone can help me resolve this problem

I am running 2011 13inch MacBook Pro
DJ Tecniq 3:46 AM - 19 September, 2016
Quote:
Hey guys need Help!

I just recently updated to OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 then update Serato DJ to 1.9.2 and connecting my Rane 62 mixer to update the firmware to be compatible with 1.9.2 but for some reason all it says on the bottom Rane 62 hardware connecting this may take awhile. Nothing happens after that no connection with my mixer.

anyone can help me resolve this problem

I am running 2011 13inch MacBook Pro
Sounds like you need to get the El Capitan driver from Rane's website for your 62πŸ‘πŸ»
DJ Tecniq 3:47 AM - 19 September, 2016
Install the driver then reconnect. If you still have issues contact support. Good luck
Deejay Rich 5:12 AM - 19 September, 2016
Quote:
Install the driver then reconnect. If you still have issues contact support. Good luck

Ok so I went on the Rane's Website to download: Sixty-Two CoreAudio Driver 2.0.0b3 for Mac OS X 10.11.4 and higher
This driver is compatible with OS X El Capitan 10.11.4 and higher
this did not solve my problem it kept saying rane hardware connecting this may take awhile it just kept blinking and stop the Rane mixer still not connected it's trying to connect looks like something is blocking it from processing the connection.

Do I need to buy serato dj at all or go on there subscription plan now cause I know when Serato DJ first was introduce I didn't have to buy it since it was a free upgrade with serato scratch live members and I had to do before was connect the mixer and just upgrade the firmware of my 62's mixer and it work.
DJ Tecniq 5:17 AM - 19 September, 2016
Quote:
Do I need to buy serato dj at all or go on there subscription plan now cause I know when Serato DJ first was introduce I didn't have to buy it since it was a free upgrade with serato scratch live members and I had to do before was connect the mixer and just upgrade the firmware of my 62's mixer and it work.
No the 62 is plug n play for Scratchlive or SDJ there is no need to pay for subscription or upgrade fee. The mixer is so expensive because it's software compatible out the box. Have you tried Scratchlive or does it at least connect for you? Lastly make sure you have all OS X updates for El Capitan and retry.
DJ Tecniq 5:20 AM - 19 September, 2016
If that still fails check the troubleshooting guide for El Capitan connection issues here -> dj.rane.com
DJ Tecniq 5:26 AM - 19 September, 2016
If you need a tutorial video watch here Watchm.youtube.com

Note: This is a common issue with Serato users and El Capitan which is why I have not cared to update. Let me know how it goes.
DJ Tecniq 5:40 AM - 19 September, 2016
If all the above fails then I'd say El Capitan is not for you or try contacting support lol but I'm sure they'll give you the same information I just told you or something completely different. Overall I think I pointed you in the right direction.
Deejay Rich 5:46 AM - 19 September, 2016
Quote:
If all the above fails then I'd say El Capitan is not for you or try contacting support lol but I'm sure they'll give you the same information I just told you or something completely different. Overall I think I pointed you in the right direction.

Thanks for you help hopefully the support team can help me as well one more question I was reading the trouble shooting instructions what does hot-plugging the device mean
DJ Tecniq 5:50 AM - 19 September, 2016
Quote:
Thanks for you help hopefully the support team can help me as well one more question I was reading the trouble shooting instructions what does hot-plugging the device mean
Hot-plugging means unplug the mixers USB cable while SDJ is running and reconnect. Also try turning mixer off an on while SDJ is openπŸ‘πŸ» hope you resolve it
DJ Marv the Maverick 9:57 AM - 19 September, 2016
I still get the random connection issues with Serato.

So now I just have my hardware connected and fully on before starting Serato DJ.

So as Serato boots I can see the virtual decks.
DJ Tecniq 11:37 AM - 19 September, 2016
Quote:
I still get the random connection issues with Serato.

So now I just have my hardware connected and fully on before starting Serato DJ.

So as Serato boots I can see the virtual decks.
That really sucks I guess Serato hasn't fully fixed the El Capitan connection issues. I'm still glad I haven't updated yet. It is quite the laugh when users are still using their SL1's with El Capitan but SDJ is still in the gutter. If that don't say something I dunno what willπŸ€”
Asu 1:23 PM - 19 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Ok so I went on the Rane's Website to download: Sixty-Two CoreAudio Driver 2.0.0b3 for Mac OS X 10.11.4 and higher
This driver is compatible with OS X El Capitan 10.11.4 and higher
this did not solve my problem it kept saying rane hardware connecting this may take awhile it just kept blinking and stop the Rane mixer still not connected it's trying to connect looks like something is blocking it from processing the connection.

Re-install the firmware...reboot the laptop,re-install 10.11.4 driver and you should be good to go...don't install the driver Serato DJ tell you to...install what you directly downloaded from RANE.i also use a 62 with updated firmware+10.11.4 driver and no problems at all.

FYI,I'm running 10.11.4...i never did update to 10.11.6
Asu 1:26 PM - 19 September, 2016
reboot the laptop,after you re-install 10.11.4 driver...also re-install Serato DJ 1.9.2 and replace the old Serato DJ...shoul work.
Deejay Rich 3:49 PM - 19 September, 2016
is there a way to uninstall the the firmware on the 62 mixer so I can re-install firmware I got on Rane's website.
Asu 7:02 PM - 19 September, 2016
Quote:
is there a way to uninstall the the firmware on the 62 mixer so I can re-install firmware I got on Rane's website.

it'll let you update the firmware regardless from what i remember.

you can also use the latest Rane Control Panel 2.4.0 for Mac OS X 10.7.5 and higher to see if you have any firmware updates....if the control panel see's your mixer,then it's a Serato DJ problem,you may have to reinstall Serato DJ 1.9.1 or 1.9.2 and the EL Capitan 62 Driver .

dj.rane.com
NIPSZX 3:50 AM - 20 November, 2017
Does anybody know the maximum software I can put on my Macbook Pro to keep, both, Scratch Live and use the TTM57SL to it's maximum performance?
popnwave 4:57 PM - 21 November, 2017
If you want it to just WORK, stick with Yosemite until forced to otherwise.