DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Talking Over Mixing.

twinsouls 3:21 AM - 31 May, 2006
I forgot to post this up but a couple of weeks ago I went to go party with some friends down in TJ Mexico. At the club I noticed that the DJ kept cutting into each track and when he wasnt doing that, he was talking in between each track as if he was trying to hide his wack ass mixing ability. Sure, get the crowed pumped up by speaking in the mic but don't talk over your mixing. Man that sh** Pissed me off and this guy was up on that stage like he was the sh**. Perfect example of "Its not what you know but who you know".
sixxx 3:48 AM - 31 May, 2006
It's OK once in a while though. Obviously, NOT during every single track.
djxatl 4:19 AM - 31 May, 2006
i wouldnt do it, but if theres someone there who is good wiht the mic, i'll let them do it once in a while, i hate talking on the mic myself
dj supermen 5:08 AM - 31 May, 2006
maybe he got at fatman scoop voice, i know if i had a fatman scoop voice i will talk all night! or kid capi
Dj KaGeN 6:02 AM - 31 May, 2006
Now that is cheesy -- I get ticked when I hear lyrics overlapping.
djtonypsalms 4:04 PM - 31 May, 2006
I'll always wait for the transition from one song to another to make an announcement.

Turning down the music a little as you do it helps to...
eder 5:30 PM - 31 May, 2006
that's why you gotta mix into the instrumental and have the real version ready to drop whi;e you're pumping up the crowd...not really that hard at all.
djransom 6:29 PM - 31 May, 2006
I prefer to slide the crossfader over and then speak and then slide it back. It can be done very smoothly at the right time. The ladies love it and respond to it.
monkeybiz 9:13 PM - 31 May, 2006
Looping comes in handy for this too.
djzoo 10:11 PM - 31 May, 2006
man, i went to a fraternity luao (sp?) here in san jose, ca and i wish the djs talked over their sorry ass skills. the couldn't hold a beat if their lives depended on it, and the played like 10 songs 2-3 times each. a perfect example of not communicating with each other. sorry, had to vent, just waiting for my moment.
Dj KaGeN 11:23 PM - 31 May, 2006
I never was in a frat, but any event I happened to attend (mass drinking provoking male stupidity) always had skillless wonders at the decks/cd's slapping in tunes and hi 5'ing when it sounded cool (on their drunken terms) and then the next dweeb would try....