DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Music that makes for a great and proper nightclub atmosphere!

Tommy Vercetti 4:04 AM - 13 July, 2016
It really gets boring when it's only today's music, and especially when it's all rap playing at a nightclub! You DON'T need rap to get people partying; there are tons of really great oldies that any DJ can play to liven up even a dead crowd! Limiting yourself to today's music really makes for a rather dead crowd. And especially to play that kind of music that gets people shooting, killing, raping, and robbing other people, doing illegal drugs, and blowing up buildings with truck bombs? That is absolutely despicable!

In fact, here are some lists of really great classics capable of really living up a nightclub crowd.

For 80s and 90s classic dance music, the songs include but are not limited to;

"What is Love" by Haddaway

"Good Vibrations" by Marky Mark

"Ghostbusters" by Ray Parker Jr

"Should I Stay or Should I Go" by The Clash

"Into the Groove" by Madonna

"Long Way From Home" by Stevie Ray Vaughn

"You're Never Gonna Get It" by En Vogue

"She Drives Me Crazy" by the Fine Young Cannibals

"La Bamba" by Los Lobos

"Rock You Like a Hurricane" by the Scorpions

"Celebrate" by Kool & the Gang

"You Spin Me Round (like a record)" by Dead or Alive

"Let The Music Play" by Shannon

"I Love Rock and Roll" by Joan Jett

"Baby Baby" by Corona

"Sweet Dreams" by La Bouche

"Be My Lover" by La Bouche

"Tonight is the Night" by Le Click

"All Around the World" by ATC

"Get Ready for This" by 2 Unlimited

"Rhythm of the Night" by Corona

"Rhythm is a Dancer" by Snap

"U Can't Touch This" by MC Hammer

"This is your Night" by Amber

"It's Always You" by George Lamond

"Take me in your arms (Rock me a little while)" by the Doobie Brothers

"Let Me Be The One" by Intro

"Jump in the Line" by Harry Belafonta

"Rock This Town" by the Stray Cats

and "Never Gonna Give You Up" by Rick Astley
Tommy Vercetti 4:11 AM - 13 July, 2016
For today's hits, plus a few miscellaneous songs, the list includes but is not limited to;

"Young Turks" by Rod Stewart

"Vem Dancar Kuduro" by an unknown artist

"Fireball" by Pitbull

"Give Me Everything Tonight" by Pitbull

"Wop" by J Dash

"Poker Face" by Lady Gaga

"No Turning Back" by John Deacon and the Imortals

"I Want to Take you Higher" by Sly & the Family Stone

"On Our Way" by The Royal Concept

"Crazy In Love" by Beyonce

"Let's Start Love Over" by Miles Jaye

"Shake You Down" by Gregory Abbott

"Stop, Look, Listen (To your heart)" by U-Mynd

"Diamond Girl" by TKA

"Cotton Eye Joe" by Rednex

"Cupid Shuffle" by an unknown artist

and "Pour Some Sugar on Me" by Def Leppard.
deezlee 4:18 AM - 13 July, 2016
Wow that's pretty thorough.
That's a solid "do not play"list for my clients/gigs.
You missed we are family and ymca.
Tommy Vercetti 4:19 AM - 13 July, 2016
And for some sexy slow songs, the list includes but again is not limited to;

"Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton

"On Bended Knee" by Boyz II Men

"U&I" by Jodeci

"Because I Love You" by Stevie B

"Girl U For Me" by Silk

"If you don't know me by now" by Simply Red

"Truly Madly Deeply" by Savage Garden

"Save the Best for Last" by Vanessa Williams

"Dedicated (To my Favorite Girl)" by R. Kelly

"I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" by Aerosmith

"You're Still the One" by Shania Twain

"Unchained Melody" by the Righteous brothers

"You're Beautiful" by James Blunt

"Where do Broken Hearts go" by Whitney Houston

"Because You Loved Me" by Celine Dion

"Slow Dance" by R. Kelly

"Never Keeping Secrets" by Babyface

"Babe" by Styx

"Real Love" by Skyy

"I Believe I can Fly" by R. Kelly

"It's All Coming Back to Me" by Celine Dion

"Friends and Lovers" by Gloria Loring and Carl Anderson

"Nobody" by Keith Sweat

and "Why Me Baby" by Keith Sweat
Tommy Vercetti 4:25 AM - 13 July, 2016
Well what do you DJs think? That's a good 70 songs listed here, this alone should last you a good 4 hours or so.
DJ Ravien 4:35 AM - 13 July, 2016
There are some classics there, Tho you might consider taking fireball out the list, Totally makes me wanna blow stuff up actually now that I think of it if I had to listen to an entire night of this... Think you might be better off playing rap music.
Tommy Vercetti 4:41 AM - 13 July, 2016
Not IN your WILDEST pipe dreams would I EVER play a single rap song in a thousand years!
DJ Ravien 4:45 AM - 13 July, 2016
Not even OMI - Cheerleader Rap Remix ft. Rob Twizz

Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ Val-BKNY11203 1:14 PM - 13 July, 2016
Dude would you please stop making all of these hate rap posts. Keep your rants in one of them. Makes it harder for people to track real relevant discussions.
jprime 3:32 PM - 13 July, 2016
I might play some of those at a wedding.
skinnyguy 4:47 PM - 13 July, 2016
TKA did diamond girl?
DJ Remy USA 5:00 PM - 13 July, 2016
I regularly rotate this kind of music in with whatever is popular I dont see a problem with your set list but you cant stay away from rap if you hate the newer stuff thats slow try some of the stuff in 90bpm and higher range plenty of good hiphop that you can play. One of the most influential DJs played corny and over played tracks but it was how he mixed them in so do you man, like do you regardless 100% you dont need anyone permission.
Mr. Goodkat 11:52 PM - 13 July, 2016
this guy is the best troll on the board in years.
DJ Ravien 12:39 AM - 14 July, 2016
Quote:

He has provided me with hours of entertainment. I still laugh when I think about republican terrorist listening to rap music.
Papa Midnight 1:53 AM - 14 July, 2016
This guy...
Papa Midnight 1:54 AM - 14 July, 2016
Quote:
And especially to play that kind of music that gets people shooting, killing, raping, and robbing other people, doing illegal drugs, and blowing up buildings with truck bombs? That is absolutely despicable!

Really?
Michael A 1:55 PM - 14 July, 2016
Quote:

Thank you. I was thinking it was obvious, but didn't want to embarrass myself if I was wrong.
Logisticalstyles 3:32 PM - 14 July, 2016
Quote:
Not IN your WILDEST pipe dreams would I EVER play a single rap song in a thousand years!

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
"Fireball" by Pitbull

Quote:

Even though they are uptempo dance songs those are definitely rap songs performed by rappers.
deezlee 3:48 PM - 14 July, 2016
I could use that list as a "if you want any of these songs to be played you should hire a different Dj" list for my gigs (weddings).

Or " I'm the Dj you want because I won't play these songs"

Except crazy in love, I play that one.
And I can't let you put sly on that list.
DJSCIASCIA 6:18 PM - 14 July, 2016
Quote:
TKA did diamond girl?

Nice & Wild did Diamond Girl.
Tommy Vercetti 3:37 AM - 15 July, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
"Fireball" by Pitbull

Quote:

Even though they are uptempo dance songs those are definitely rap songs performed by rappers.

Those are NOT rap songs! "Cupid Shuffle" in fact is actually a Country song. Rap songs are the songs that have all the profanity in them, especially the F-word and the N-word. Certainly you don't hear any profanity in the songs I listed.
DJ Remy USA 3:56 AM - 15 July, 2016
At fam Cupid shuffle is not a country song 😂
Tommy Vercetti 4:11 AM - 15 July, 2016
Hey. Just found another nice classic. "John Doe" by Public Announcement.
Logisticalstyles 12:20 PM - 15 July, 2016
Quote:
At fam Cupid shuffle is not a country song 😂

lol!
deezlee 4:34 PM - 15 July, 2016
Speaking of country, better add Dolly Parton 9-5 to that stellar list of club hits.
Code:E 5:54 PM - 6 August, 2016
If I played virtually any of these songs and not doing it for comical effect I would be fired from any true night club. But thats a pretty good hit list for a boring wedding.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 6:18 PM - 8 August, 2016
Quote:
Son of Tony Little???

Quote:

Don't forget JayZ verse on Beyonce - Crazy in Love....

May get those rapists. gangbangers, and terrorists stirred up.

Quote:
"Cupid Shuffle" in fact is actually a Country song.
TRUE - it's on that Country Compilation after Nelly - "Country Grammer"
DJ Remy USA 9:28 PM - 8 August, 2016
cupid shuffle is not country music it's on country complication because it's a line dance song and country music has a lot of line dances so they figured it would fit the theme perhaps
Logisticalstyles 2:44 AM - 9 August, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
"Cupid Shuffle" in fact is actually a Country song.
TRUE - it's on that Country Compilation after Nelly - "Country Grammer"

Quote:
cupid shuffle is not country music it's on country complication because it's a line dance song and country music has a lot of line dances so they figured it would fit the theme perhaps

I'm thinking maybe Art was being sarcastic. Unless there really is a country music CD with Cupid Shuffle and Country Grammar on it. But then that would just be sad.
Mr. Goodkat 3:28 AM - 9 August, 2016
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 4:25 AM - 9 August, 2016
Quote:
I'm thinking maybe Art was being sarcastic.

^^^This....

And he still never responded to the Jay Z verse on Crazy In Love....
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 4:27 AM - 9 August, 2016
soul63 9:00 AM - 9 August, 2016
That fb link aint him is it? guy looks like he got a bit going on..why would you come on here and act the fool in your real name(or name people would know you by)
DJ Remy USA 2:02 PM - 9 August, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
I'm thinking maybe Art was being sarcastic.

^^^This....

And he still never responded to the Jay Z verse on Crazy In Love....

Gotcha
Tommy Vercetti 6:54 AM - 15 August, 2016
Quote:
If I played virtually any of these songs and not doing it for comical effect I would be fired from any true night club. But thats a pretty good hit list for a boring wedding.

Only an Al-Qaeda/ISIS owned nightclub would dare fire a DJ for playing something other than rap! And guess what? If I were a DJ at any nightclub, you'd be more likely to hear even 6 hours nonstop of slow songs from me than you would to hear even one single rap song or song that had even an ounce of profanity from me!
Mr.Jace 3:58 PM - 15 August, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Only an Al-Qaeda/ISIS owned nightclub would dare fire a DJ for playing something other than rap! And guess what? If I were a DJ at any nightclub, you'd be more likely to hear even 6 hours nonstop of slow songs from me than you would to hear even one single rap song or song that had even an ounce of profanity from me!

Zzzz
djdonny007 9:44 PM - 15 August, 2016

Lol this thread had me in stitches. 1stly u will always find profanity in night clubs and thats becos theres no censorship and believe it or not its the profanity that gets crowds going. Take tupac's "hit 'em up", u can play that track in any club n lo n behold every single patron will sing along from start to finish and its the fuck you lyrics that will b sung the loudest. Even by youngsters who were born after he got killed. While u at it why not throw in some more classics into your playlist

Judy boucher-cant b with you tonight
Atlantic star-always
Right said fred-im too sexy
Vanilla ice-ice ice baby
Mc hammer-too legit to quit
Kenny rogers/dolly parton-islands in the stream
Abba-dancing queen

Lol classic thread
djdonny007 9:49 PM - 15 August, 2016
If I were a DJ at any nightclub, you'd be more likely to hear even 6 hours nonstop of slow songs from me than you would to hear even one single rap song or song that had even an ounce of profanity from me!

Good thing u not a nightclub dj then cos that club would probably have closed down from all the lawsuits coming from patrons suffering from depression
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:56 PM - 15 August, 2016
Quote:

Take tupac's "hit 'em up", u can play that track in any club n lo n behold every single patron will sing along from start to finish and its the fuck you lyrics that will b sung the loudest. Even by youngsters who were born after he got killed

This is so incorrect its not even funny. Go find an average lil uzi or lil yaughty fan and see if theyve ever even heard if hit em up
Mr. Goodkat 6:22 PM - 16 August, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Take tupac's "hit 'em up", u can play that track in any club n lo n behold every single patron will sing along from start to finish and its the fuck you lyrics that will b sung the loudest. Even by youngsters who were born after he got killed

This is so incorrect its not even funny. Go find an average lil uzi or lil yaughty fan and see if theyve ever even heard if hit em up

and how many ppl were singing 20 yr old songs in the club when we were 21-25 either.
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:20 PM - 16 August, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

and how many ppl were singing 20 yr old songs in the club when we were 21-25 either.

None...thats my point
Mr. Goodkat 8:43 PM - 16 August, 2016
yeah, its funny seeing people not realizing that they arent 21 anymore. i never understand why that happens. as much as i love 70s and 80s music, i def wasnt checking for that in the club when i was that age.

kids do like pop hip hop from that era, but thats the corny pop stuff minus maybe a biggie song. kids know the words to gangsta's paradise not a beatnuts song.
DJ Remy USA 12:29 AM - 17 August, 2016
Quote:
yeah, its funny seeing people not realizing that they arent 21 anymore. i never understand why that happens. as much as i love 70s and 80s music, i def wasnt checking for that in the club when i was that age.

kids do like pop hip hop from that era, but thats the corny pop stuff minus maybe a biggie song. kids know the words to gangsta's paradise not a beatnuts song.

I was just about to say kids know Biggie songs pretty well. As far as the oldies they only know the super cheesy stuff like Mikey and Nysnc and what not.
Tommy Vercetti 10:28 PM - 18 August, 2016
Quote:

Lol this thread had me in stitches. 1stly u will always find profanity in night clubs and thats becos theres no censorship and believe it or not its the profanity that gets crowds going. read

Yeah, profanity gets the crowd going alright. I'll tell you what all the profanity and the glorification of the gangster/thug life really gets the crowd doing! Shooting and gunning other people down, raping people, car jacking people, doing illegal drugs, and even blowing up occupied buildings and major events with vehicle bombs! Yes, even stuff exactly like this; Watchwww.youtube.com
djdonny007 7:31 AM - 19 August, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Lol this thread had me in stitches. 1stly u will always find profanity in night clubs and thats becos theres no censorship and believe it or not its the profanity that gets crowds going. read

Yeah, profanity gets the crowd going alright. I'll tell you what all the profanity and the glorification of the gangster/thug life really gets the crowd doing! Shooting and gunning other people down, raping people, car jacking people, doing illegal drugs, and even blowing up occupied buildings and major events with vehicle bombs!

Lol you're an idiot but i still love u man just for the "blowing up occupied buildings and major events with vehicle bombs" line. El classico
Tommy Vercetti 8:12 AM - 19 August, 2016
Quote:

Lol you're an idiot but i still love u man just for the "blowing up occupied buildings and major events with vehicle bombs" line. El classico

Buildings getting blown up is not funny! People get killed when that happens! Innocent people that might have a family at home, future plans, may be in a relationship with the wedding already planned, it's not funny seeing their lives cut drastically short by a terrorist bombing, a shooting, a drug overdose, or what not. The average life expectancy for Americans today is supposed to be 78 years, not 25 or 30 years!
Tommy Vercetti 8:13 AM - 19 August, 2016
And by the way, I just came across another classic lively song; "Come Inside" by Intro.
djdonny007 9:23 AM - 19 August, 2016
Buildings getting blown up is not funny! People get killed when that happens! Innocent people that might have a family at home, future plans, may be in a relationship with the wedding already planned, it's not funny seeing their lives cut drastically short by a terrorist bombing, a shooting, a drug overdose, or what not. The average life expectancy for Americans today is supposed to be 78 years, not 25 or 30 years!

Dude u really need to stop stressing cos the chance of u dying due to a heart attack is much greater than being bombed up with all ur rants.

Fact is that people do bad things cos they r fucked up and have fucked up beliefs. U blame gangsta rap for all this shit so what about other music genres. Heavy metal,rock,love songs to name but a few...can those b held responresponsible for meth heads,drug abuse,depression? Each individual have a choice and are responsible for their own actions. What about movies?if u really wanna play the blame game y not also blame all the violent movies in today's world?

They portray terrorist attacks, murder,rape,drug abuse etc but that is accepted as the norm and i bet even u watch those movies with great enjoyment. Making a stand is 1 thing but being a hypocrite is sumtin totally different...I'm just saying
DJ Ravien 11:32 AM - 19 August, 2016
Quote:

Don't worry Tommy it is all part of Gods plan, Remember he works in mysterious ways.
CMOS 4:20 PM - 19 August, 2016
This the type of dude (if hes not a troll) who blows up a nightclub because the music is evil.
DJ Ravien 9:57 PM - 19 August, 2016
Quote:
This the type of dude (if hes not a troll) who blows up a nightclub because the music is evil.

Then blame it on the guys listening to rap music.
AKIEM 11:08 PM - 19 August, 2016
LMAO - should have came in this thread sooner...
Tommy Vercetti 8:23 AM - 20 August, 2016
Quote:

No way! I wouldn't blow up a nightclub in your worst nightmares! But I would give it a really negative review and order the rap be stopped. Or try to start an anti-rap crusade.
DJ Ravien 3:07 PM - 20 August, 2016
Quote:
No way! I wouldn't blow up a nightclub in your worst nightmares!

Actually, You would and did. I just had a nightmare last night, where I was at a local club and a rap song came on then out of no where you ran in with a bomb strapped to your chest demanding they stop playing rap music and when they refused and began laughing, you started rambling about how rap was evil and people must learn at whatever cost, finally you looked right at me and said "God understands my sacrifice" and pressed the button.

It was pretty horrific. I really think you should seek psychiatric care, my dreams have been known to become reality.
djdonny007 4:11 PM - 20 August, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
No way! I wouldn't blow up a nightclub in your worst nightmares!

Actually, You would and did. I just had a nightmare last night, where I was at a local club and a rap song came on then out of no where you ran in with a bomb strapped to your chest demanding they stop playing rap music and when they refused and began laughing, you started rambling about how rap was evil and people must learn at whatever cost, finally you looked right at me and said "God understands my sacrifice" and pressed the button.

It was pretty horrific. I really think you should seek psychiatric care, my dreams have been known to become reality.

Lmfao tommy,tommy,tommy how could you?
Lrose951 8:32 AM - 21 August, 2016
Tommy ain't go no damn job!!!
djdonny007 1:18 PM - 21 August, 2016
But I would give it a really negative review and order the rap be stopped. Or try to start an anti-rap crusade.

Yup thats why he wants to do this...
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:09 PM - 21 August, 2016
Quote:

I just had a realization that put this into perspective. Over the course of my career Ive been roped into doing various events like an 80s night or a class of 197? ir 196? reunion where they ask before hand for music from that decade. I always play all the hits and whatnot and frankly they never go over very well. I always think "why do people keep asking for these,none enjoys the music, its all so cheesy ". And after reading this I've realized that its probably the same thing your talking about here. I wasn't alive in the 60s, 70s, 80s ect so I never experienced the music in the context of the actual era. My only exposure is through movies or radio ext. Odds are the same song that I've seen as #1 on the 1975 chart that Ive heard on the radio a million times and though "this must have been the banger back then", is no different than the 18 year old kid today who sees gangsters paradise was a #1 hit and heard it on the radian but has no clue that in context is was a cheesy movie soundtrack song and that kid will never understand what people at that actual time thought about that song VS the beatnuts(in this example) that people ACTUALLY liked that wasn't pushed to pop
Mr. Goodkat 10:25 PM - 21 August, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

I just had a realization that put this into perspective. Over the course of my career Ive been roped into doing various events like an 80s night or a class of 197? ir 196? reunion where they ask before hand for music from that decade. I always play all the hits and whatnot and frankly they never go over very well. I always think "why do people keep asking for these,none enjoys the music, its all so cheesy ". And after reading this I've realized that its probably the same thing your talking about here. I wasn't alive in the 60s, 70s, 80s ect so I never experienced the music in the context of the actual era. My only exposure is through movies or radio ext. Odds are the same song that I've seen as #1 on the 1975 chart that Ive heard on the radio a million times and though "this must have been the banger back then", is no different than the 18 year old kid today who sees gangsters paradise was a #1 hit and heard it on the radian but has no clue that in context is was a cheesy movie soundtrack song and that kid will never understand what people at that actual time thought about that song VS the beatnuts(in this example) that people ACTUALLY liked that wasn't pushed to pop

yep. hit the nail on the head
Taipanic 4:42 PM - 22 August, 2016
Quote:
LMAO - should have came in this thread sooner...

Ewww...
AKIEM 4:52 PM - 22 August, 2016
lol
LoLyfe 8:21 AM - 26 August, 2016
not to add fire to the flame but did anyone mention:

Carl Douglas - Kung Fu Fighting
The Foundations - Build Me Up Buttercup
Mr. Goodkat 8:47 AM - 26 August, 2016
Quote:

Such a hipster pop anthem of 10ish
LoLyfe 9:03 AM - 26 August, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Such a hipster pop anthem of 10ish

I actually just downloaded the video (some sort of Something about Mary compilation) but to be honest have no clue when I will play it.
WinstonS 4:08 AM - 4 October, 2016
Tommy, America is absolutely evil to her very core! And what if I told you I had a horrible dream about a college cheerleader? Even one as horrible as; "She was standing maybe 60 feet away, when suddenly her boyfriend appeared with a bunch of rocket propelled IEDs, charging at me and shouting; 'Get away from my lady! Get away from my lady!' I got in my car and drove away, but still got blown right to smithereens. I limped out of my shattered, burning car and tried to run away again but then got blasted again by more IEDs. I was blown about 1,000 feet through the air and landed in a lake. Then I woke up."

America LOVES it's rap. Already, there are a few websites that are predicting that Donald Trump will win, and when he wins, there will be riots and protests so big and so widespread that every single American will be on their knees literally begging for nationwide Martial law! America is about to go down like the Hindenburg on May 6th, 1937.

Also, you think it's bad now, just wait until the Great Tribulation! And the Bible even says that, if Jesus does not return early and cut the tribulation short, it will otherwise result in the complete, total extinction of the human race! American nightclubs have gone through many genres of mainstream music, and my prediction is; rap is the last genre of nightlife mainstream music before the Great Tribulation!
dj_soo 8:39 AM - 4 October, 2016
this has got to be the same dude trolling using 2 usernames
popnwave 1:23 PM - 4 October, 2016
All DJs go to hell anyway..
Taipanic 2:09 PM - 4 October, 2016
Quote:
All DJs go to hell anyway..

at least every song you play is fire!
djdonny007 8:21 PM - 9 October, 2016
Lol tommyin disguise. He has been resurrected...hallelujah
Mr. Goodkat 8:37 PM - 9 October, 2016
tommy is a troll too, cmon guys
djdonny007 8:43 PM - 9 October, 2016
Quote:
tommy is a troll too, cmon guys

Yip i think he blew himself up and got resurrected . Why he is on this forum still puzzles me though.
The Return of Dj Sparky 11:21 PM - 9 October, 2016
they love some hiphop