DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Rane made in china

woody008 3:31 AM - 6 July, 2016
The majority of the 60+ workforce will be “permanently displaced” at the end of July.
• Some engineers will remain (from the HAL/install side) in Seattle.
• The DJ side of Rane will be absorbed into the Numark/Denon team at inMusic HQ
• Manufacturing will be moved to inMusic’s contractors in the far east.

Thats right ladies and gentleman, Rane is done, our beloved 62 will be shipped to china and just like most "American" companies who ship their flagship product manufacturing to the East, Rane call it quits and threw the American dream under the bus.

So much for the American worker.
teemac111 3:00 PM - 6 July, 2016
I thought the American Dream was to retire...
Mr. Goodkat 7:17 PM - 6 July, 2016
dramatic like a real housewife
Simi Ranks 7:29 PM - 6 July, 2016
I don't blame Rane for selling.
What if they were hemorrhaging money?

when my job got offshored, I at least got a severance package.
Hope these employees received one too.
roy rohypnol 7:06 PM - 8 July, 2016
If this true.. GUTTED!!
DTweed 2:06 AM - 9 July, 2016
Oh welp we can put the 61 vs S9 discussion to bed. I'm giving my cash to pioneer now
HighTopFade 7:00 AM - 9 July, 2016
Overseas manufacturing can put out a well made product. We'll find out.
4mydawgz 4:48 PM - 9 July, 2016
Numark/Denon/Rane... this doesnt sound good. All three can't survive together.
Rebelguy 5:51 PM - 9 July, 2016
Quote:

Why? They each target different price points.
4mydawgz 6:59 PM - 9 July, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Why? They each target different price points.

and that's the problem... the lower 2 will intentionally make lesser quality products. the purpose of company competition is to put out the best product. not the third best product.
Mr. Goodkat 7:07 PM - 9 July, 2016
why is pioneer gear not awful since its made in china?
Konix 7:48 PM - 9 July, 2016
Actually, most Pio gear is made in Malaysia I think.
Mighty Dragon Sounds 11:14 PM - 9 July, 2016
Quote:
Actually, most Pio gear is made in Malaysia I think.

Its their customer service that SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS compared to Rane.

Having owned many Rane products over the years, when I needed knobs, buttons replaced, even stuff that needed to be soldered back on the mixer board.... I would call and they would send the parts. If it costed money, it usually wasn't more then a few bucks. For my TTM57, when I was self refurbishing it, they sent me a bunch of knobs and buttons for free!

I had an issue with one of my Pioneer PLXs..... The Tone Arm Assembly needs replacing, and the power button needs replacing as well.... Called PIO...... Parts not available in the US.... Needs to be shipped from Japan........ Price......? Well lets say I might as well buy a new PLX 1000..... Thats how much those parts were.
BorYo 6:59 AM - 21 August, 2017
I had to replace 3 buttons on my 62 mixer. Asked Rane in their FB page so they redirected me to some @inmusicbrands email. Contacted the guy, everything looked good.
10 buttons and some knobs less than $10. Wonderful, BUT...
The cost of 10 plastic buttons and 2 knobs to get shipped to Europe was... more than $100!
They ship parts only with FedEx if you don't have shipping account. Created a shipping account in USPS. Again, didn't worked out for them (InMusic).
After 3 months sending emails with the guy I finally found a friend in the USA to receive my buttons and then send to me to EU. THEY CAN NOT SHIP WORLDWIDE BY POST? WTF! This is joke in 2017!
The guy replied, my order was ready to be paid. I asked for paypal. Guess what!?
They don't accept paypal.
Some excel sheet file was sent to me where I put my car's info and then I have to send it back to them.
I'm done with Rane!
Numark/Denon/Rane might target different price points but maybe they will merge their support, so think twice...
Sad story...
Chino 1:06 PM - 21 August, 2017
Quote:
Numark/Denon/Rane might target different price points but maybe they will merge their support, so think twice...
Sad story...

I hope not but your probably right. Legacy Rane's GREAT customer service is a big part of the reason why I bought RANE products!

inMusic Brand will either continue RANE's great legacy or RUIN it!!

It's a sad day indeed that 3 of my favorite companies (Akai, Denon & RANE) are owned by inMusic Brand.

I wish inMusic Brand was a company owned by muscians/DJs. Instead, inMusic Brand acts like a stock holder's investment company. No heart or music soul.... just concerned with bottom line profit at the expense of their customers. But hey,-"it's not personal, it's just business as usual".