Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

serato dj to recorderbox dj transfer files without looseing cue points and loops

djdonniec 8:40 PM - 2 July, 2016
im thinking about haveing recorderbox also how would i transfer files from serato dj recorderbox with out looseing cue points and loops
DjSyndic8 1:53 AM - 3 July, 2016
Quote:
im thinking about haveing recorderbox also how would i transfer files from serato dj recorderbox with out looseing cue points and loops

unfortunately you can't transfer your loops and cue points across
djdonniec 11:29 PM - 3 July, 2016
Boy that sucks I'm not going threw that I'm surprised nobody has devolped a way yet there is gotta be a way there is to much work to start all over
LJ_WOOLSEY 12:08 AM - 4 July, 2016
Rekordbuddy next.audio
deejdave 2:50 AM - 4 July, 2016
Not trying to offend anyone I promise but it is crazy that peeps don't all know this. I feel like he was pushing it just enough but perhaps this is not the case.
DJ Stoyvo 3:22 AM - 4 July, 2016
Another alternative that will be available this year is: spintools.io
deejdave 3:39 AM - 4 July, 2016
Perhaps I missed it but I did not see anything on cues or loops there. Are they in fact supported via spintools?
DJ Stoyvo 3:43 AM - 4 July, 2016
Quote:
Perhaps I missed it but I did not see anything on cues or loops there. Are they in fact supported via spintools?

Yes. As much information will be cross-compatible as possible.
deejdave 3:47 AM - 4 July, 2016
Excellent. Rekord Buddy is working great for me but I am always up to try something new. How does it fare with large libraries?
DJ Stoyvo 3:55 AM - 4 July, 2016
Quote:
Excellent. Rekord Buddy is working great for me but I am always up to try something new. How does it fare with large libraries?

I myself have a massive library. I can't recall how many crates and songs I had, but ~30min to start up, then crash Serato DJ. We're talking: 2x 750gb HDD @ 7200RPM, and 2TB HDD @ 5200RPM full of music.

The app's primary customer is myself, someone with an over sized and under managed library. I will promise you it will work well with large libraries. Right now it's not released (or even alpha testing), but I've build some of the tools already for duplicate detection and the longest load time was ~2 minutes.

I'm simply trying to gather additional requirements that the community would be interested in, and letting them know that a solution is coming to our library nightmares.
deejdave 3:57 AM - 4 July, 2016
Good stuff. I wish you best of luck and hope it comes out as planned.