DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

BarBangerz or BeatJunkies?

masterdeeno 2:50 PM - 1 July, 2016
I'm primarily using Mp3online, but is now needing to invest on throwbacks (60,-80s). I've seen good reviews, and pricing is almost the same. Can anybody share some ideas as far as sound quality, if the songs have built-in cues for Serato already, or how frequent do they update the pool for each decade, support, etc.
DJ Remix Detroit 4:28 PM - 2 July, 2016
I've been with both. Both have great old school selections. But bar bangers is a little bit better selection for old school top 40 songs.

If u r looking for old school hip hop then beat junkies is the place to go.

Both pools update their catalogs on a daily basis.

Sound quality for both is great. Mostly 320 kbps.

As far as ques, I have not seen any built in from either pool.
masterdeeno 5:47 PM - 2 July, 2016
Thank you DJRemix!
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:23 AM - 3 July, 2016
No experience with barbangers, but I've beat junkies as I do a weekly funk - golden generation hip hop night. That library runs deep and they even offer a warped edit of many old funk tracks. As its ran by great djs I can't fault them.
DJ Remix Detroit 3:12 PM - 3 July, 2016
Quote:
No experience with barbangers, but I've beat junkies as I do a weekly funk - golden generation hip hop night. That library runs deep and they even offer a warped edit of many old funk tracks. As its ran by great djs I can't fault them.

yup. Beatjunkies record pool is killin' it with underground hip hop as well. Im in the metro detroit area and was really suprised to see alot of detroit artists like Slum Village, Phat Kat, Jdilla, etc.

Beatjunkies is definately an A+ pool if you are a hiphop head.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 12:44 AM - 4 July, 2016
When I looked at Barbangers - i remember them having a lot of Short edits and quick hitters- a real plus if you do Top 40 or open format or if you mix at mobiles or weddings or play for todays short attention span crowds and want clean mixes.

Quote:
That library runs deep and they even offer a warped edit of many old funk tracks. As its ran by great djs I can't fault them.
I have a buddy who is in Beatjunkies - he mentioned Warped Old School tracks - what are Warped Tracks exactly??

He also said he got a track that was a PRE MADE Serato Flip that he let me hear (Aretha - One Step Ahead) but it flipped exactly to the samples that made up Mos Def Ms fat Booty - shit was sweet
The Return of Dj Sparky 2:17 AM - 4 July, 2016
warping also known as quantization is a technique used in ableton to make a track that was probably made with live drumming/instruments that don't have perfect timing to be a consistent tempo/bpm so when you mix it with tracks of the same nature they mix well instead of drifting and have to constantly adjust or ride the pitch as it's also called
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 3:15 AM - 4 July, 2016
Quote:
warping also known as quantization is a technique used in ableton

Ahhh.... got it - making it "on beat" without the wack redrums.

I knew what "warping was" in DAW set ups but never connected the two to "named" DJ edits - DUH...