Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Pioneer DDJ-RZX could this be the Game Changer Controller

DjSyndic8 11:54 AM - 1 July, 2016
I just peeped the new DDJ RZX Intro Video and I was in aww at the new features that Pioneer has released including the Reckordbox video, this video has honestly made Serato and Numark Stand at the back of the line for sure, in innovation in the DJ scene, I knew it and a lot of users has seen this day coming for a very long time, Serato you fell asleep for so long neglecting the cries of your customers and now Pioneer has heard the masses and have come to the rescue, maybe this is the wakeup call that Serato needed to pull there head out and start listening to what people are saying heres the video -----------> Watchwww.youtube.com
Johnny H 12:31 PM - 1 July, 2016
With new hardware as good as this looks, how can loyal fans of serato software stay with serato ? Unless pioneer are going to create a similar controller for serato which I think will be doubtful ! many DJs will be forced over to recordbox software unless you are happy with Serato and Numark ! Its fair to say pioneer have been very crafty over the past year with recordbox and making their hardware only compatible with record box, but as they design and build some best industry standard dj hardware in the word they can call the shots.

It's really sad to see every new release of pioneer hardware slowly forcing loyal DJs away from Serato. I could never see this happening a few years ago when pioneer was designing hardware for serato.
Johnny H 12:32 PM - 1 July, 2016
unless you are happy with Serato and Numark or Denon !
DJ Marv the Maverick 1:33 PM - 1 July, 2016
Great looking gear, trust pioneer to bring out a beast and typically remove something that won't leave you a hundred percent satisfied...USB standalone capability this time around.

Then they will bring out another unit with USB capability then remove the screens or Phono input.
DJ Marv the Maverick 1:36 PM - 1 July, 2016
Serato, this one's on you! The inevitability of change.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 2:17 PM - 1 July, 2016
Honestly the only game changer here is the fact that the screens will show your video, other then that what is new about it??

Other then the videos theres nothing about it that can't be done with the controllers out now.

Dont get blinded by the shiny lights......

Flame me if you want but theres nothing to innovative about this.
Johnny H 2:37 PM - 1 July, 2016
Quote:
Honestly the only game changer here is the fact that the screens will show your video, other then that what is new about it??

Other then the videos theres nothing about it that can't be done with the controllers out now.

I agree with you BUT.... the bigger point is ... Pioneer does NOT seem to be designing any NEW hardware for Serato, that's what the Game Changer Is!

Once the SX2 & SZ is no longer manufactured I guess it will be a different story, unless we see some new pioneer hardware for serato ?
Robbie O 2:39 PM - 1 July, 2016
Quote:

+1 Word... RB IMO has only copied what is existing and isnt RB subscription based? What has RB brought that actually new?
Big Pops 2:40 PM - 1 July, 2016
I am a loyal Serato user since the days of Scratch Live introduction to the DJ scene. It is sad to see that Serato was blind sided an not listening to the cry of the masses.
We been asking for midi sync, better sampler, less CPU usage and I could go on and on , a better Serato Remote with library view and video and the BRIDGE.
The writing is on the wall , Pioneer and NI would rule it all if Serato don't wake up.
Address long lasting bugs, reduce CPU and Video prerformance.
That's my 2 cents.
Robbie O 2:44 PM - 1 July, 2016
Quote:

I agree with you BUT.... the bigger point is ... Pioneer does NOT seem to be designing any NEW hardware for Serato, that's what the Game Changer Is!

Once the SX2 & SZ is no longer manufactured I guess it will be a different story, unless we see some new pioneer hardware for serato ?

You sure about that brooo? I know complaining about serato is easier to do, but trust Pioneer wont kill potential sales by doing that. yet.
Johnny H 3:10 PM - 1 July, 2016
I'm not complaining about Serato!, quite the opposite I have been a loyal user and use it every weekend and think it is the most stable of all the DJ software I have used. If anything, It's pioneer that I'm not so happy with, as they seem to be isolating serato users from there new hardware, by making all there new hardware only compatible with Record Box
the SOUNDINSURGENT 3:17 PM - 1 July, 2016
Quote:
I'm not complaining about Serato!, quite the opposite I have been a loyal user and use it every weekend and think it is the most stable of all the DJ software I have used. If anything, It's pioneer that I'm not so happy with, as they seem to be isolating serato users from there new hardware, by making all there new hardware only compatible with Record Box

But theres nothing new here, only the screens big deal. Pioneer has a long way to go still........
Philmixit 4:24 PM - 1 July, 2016
I have never like Record Box, now DJ, I still believe that SERATO DJ is the best software out there, I am going to stay with Serato DJ no matter what. (:
popnwave 4:41 PM - 1 July, 2016
Quote:

But theres nothing new here, only the screens big deal. Pioneer has a long way to go still........

The touch aspect and manipulation of the video/sound is a cool feature that I thought was so awesome on the $6000 SVM-1000 back in the day. It has finally trickled down and refined to this.

And cost wise, this is still light years below the mentioned SVM and the $3500 x 2 for X1s I paid or even the $2k ea the DVJ-1000s. Kids these days have it easy!
DJ_Dad 4:53 PM - 1 July, 2016
A $3000 controller with a video screen isn't exactly a game changer.

Mainstream market for controllers won't get anywhere near that price. Pretty big gamble for Pioneer IMO.
Burny 4:54 PM - 1 July, 2016
Serato has been cought with it's pants down for sure. Fanbois will stay with Serato, just like they worship a mac, which, you dont need with ANY other dj software, mind you. But hey, fanbois will be fanbois :)
popnwave 5:01 PM - 1 July, 2016
Quote:
Serato has been cought with it's pants down for sure. Fanbois will stay with Serato, just like they worship a mac, which, you dont need with ANY other dj software, mind you. But hey, fanbois will be fanbois :)

Stop talking out your ass, if this allowed video off nothing but an attached DRIVE it would be game changer. The video side of this is nice to see PIO doing but it's got a long time to catch up with what any pro using SDJ/ME can do as we speak.
skinnyguy 5:11 PM - 1 July, 2016
Waitaminit...............does it have split cue?
i am Dj fLiP 5:27 PM - 1 July, 2016
this would be good for private gigs, but for club use, with rotating dj's throughout the night, i don't this would stand out. From what I read the video plugin is only compatible w/the DDJ series, but I'm sure NXS2 will be supported eventually.. THEN that would probably interest some of the video dj's to use their software.

Personally, I think VDJ and Traktor are probably the most innovative software out there. It's just the way Serato and RB's marketing and branding that's taking them to the next level.

I sure do hope, Serato does something about Pioneer pushing their software hard.. like hmm, idk, rewire support, webcam support, live feed support, search bar will search ALL of your files w/out having to click on all files.. just to name a few.
popnwave 6:56 PM - 1 July, 2016
Quote:

Personally, I think VDJ and Traktor are probably the most innovative software out there. It's just the way Serato and RB's marketing and branding that's taking them to the next level.

I sure do hope, Serato does something about Pioneer pushing their software hard.. like hmm, idk, rewire support, webcam support, live feed support, search bar will search ALL of your files w/out having to click on all files.. just to name a few.

Traktor can't even be included in this discussion until they join the video game or even visuals game though!
Ragman 8:23 PM - 1 July, 2016
Quote:

Mainstream market for controllers won't get anywhere near that price. Pretty big gamble for Pioneer IMO.

^This...
This is why Pioneer will never corner the market. The average DJ can barely afford a DDJ-SZ or even an NS7 III and could give a craps ass about video. It's a very nice feature rich controller but for the average DJ, far from a game changer. And for many DJs never underestimate motorized platters. Why the lowly NS7 with limited features is still badass to own.
Marv Incredible 8:30 PM - 1 July, 2016
Quote:
search bar will search ALL of your files w/out having to click on all files

It will..if you use Command (or CTRL) + F
i am Dj fLiP 8:49 PM - 1 July, 2016
Quote:
Traktor can't even be included in this discussion until they join the video game or even visuals game though!

Haha yeah, I know, only thing they're missing is the video plugin support. I was mostly talking about their FX section, stem support (a la rewire), etc.

Quote:
^This...
This is why Pioneer will never corner the market. The average DJ can barely afford a DDJ-SZ or even an NS7 III and could give a craps ass about video. It's a very nice feature rich controller but for the average DJ, far from a game changer. And for many DJs never underestimate motorized platters. Why the lowly NS7 with limited features is still badass to own.

I, myself, love the motorized platters, been rocking NS7 since launch, which I now have use NS7iii for my private gigs.. I've even used my NS7 and V7 at clubs in SF because half of their stuff are not properly taken care of.. so V7 is always in my trunk should I need to bust if out of the house setup is crap.

side note, I do use their technics and cdj's after a gig or two at the spot.. I just don't like to have things crap out on me during my 1st gig with that spot, since that leaves an impression.

Quote:
It will..if you use Command (or CTRL) + F

you, sir, are correct about that.. but i just thought it would be a nice extra feature if it did it w/o have to use CMD+F.
Mike Czech 8:51 PM - 1 July, 2016
Pioneer has become to Digital DJing what Apple is to the smartphone business. They own the hardware AND the software, and are increasingly building up their ecosystem to support it all.

By not having to support dozens of other companies hardware like Serato does, they cut way down on compatibility testing and legacy hardware issues. Serato took the Android / Windows route, and is feeling the squeeze having to compete in the low-cost market. Pioneer can keep the high end of the market, and with a release like this they are showing that they are super serious about innovating.

I have my fingers crossed that Serato has been saving up a killer revamp for SDJ 2.0, but with each passing point release it's clear that debugging and ensuring multi-platform compatibility are taking up a ton of Serato's time and energy.
Ragman 9:13 PM - 1 July, 2016
Quote:
Pioneer has become to Digital DJing what Apple is to the smartphone business. They own the hardware AND the software, and are increasingly building up their ecosystem to support it all.

By not having to support dozens of other companies hardware like Serato does, they cut way down on compatibility testing and legacy hardware issues. Serato took the Android / Windows route, and is feeling the squeeze having to compete in the low-cost market. Pioneer can keep the high end of the market, and with a release like this they are showing that they are super serious about innovating.

I have my fingers crossed that Serato has been saving up a killer revamp for SDJ 2.0, but with each passing point release it's clear that debugging and ensuring multi-platform compatibility are taking up a ton of Serato's time and energy.

Agreed. All good points ...
hologram 12:10 AM - 2 July, 2016
DDJ-RZX = mid to high end wedding DJ's wet dream.
i am Dj fLiP 12:42 AM - 2 July, 2016
Quote:

i'm perfectly happy w/my NS7iii.
plus 99% of weddings don't do music videos anyway..
that's just more distraction instead of focusing on the newlyweds.

you might need to do a slideshow or something, but you don't need a dj program for that.
DjSyndic8 1:31 AM - 2 July, 2016
Quote:

hell yeah :)
deejdave 2:34 AM - 2 July, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

^This...

Last time I checked Pioneer commanded 60% of ALL dj gear sold globally. Theas are actual reported numbers but again was the last time I checked about a year ago. That being said with Pioneer being 60% and all others (Numark, Rane, A&H, Denon, etc) I'd say that is about as cornered as a market is going to get as reaching for anywhere near 100% is just not realistic. Then again I am a fanboi LOL

FYI ANYone who uses the term fanboy and especially those who write it as "fanboi" are 100% fanboys......................... they just tend to be fans of the losing team is all.

Just teasing but much truth on both points.

All that being said I too hope Serato opens their eyes a bit and get a little more proactive. Just feel like we need some fresh ideas is all. Sure does not help that Pio is riding Serato's waves so closely.....................
DJ Dynamite - NJ 2:58 AM - 2 July, 2016
This is the result of Serato getting in bed with Pioneer and leaving the exclusive partnership with Rane. Now Pioneer is trying to corner the market and take Serato out of the equation. They should've know better than to partner up with a company that does hardware and software... oh well, Maybe this will make Serato step it's game up
broodwich 3:19 AM - 2 July, 2016
Quote:

Mid to High End Wedding DJ here... diurnal emission while watching DDJ-RZX video.
skinnyguy 3:22 AM - 2 July, 2016
MCX + SDJ + ME = still awesome and less than half the price.
DJ Marv the Maverick 10:01 AM - 2 July, 2016
Quote:

As Serato has gone down the Android/Windows route they are doing it the opposite way. Google and Microsoft realized that and they started making Nexus and Surface, which basically highlights the strength of their software. Seratos divorce with Rane is the turning point. There is no "flagship product" demonstrating the strength of the program. Every ones experience is so different these days.

I still can't get my 62 and DDJSX to connect easily with Serato DJ 1.8.x and above.

Bugs are not being squashed as fast as I'd like, yet new Hardware is being supported.

Still can't delete files easily from within Serato.

Nothing like having full software and hardware integration which is what pioneer is at right now.

I remember the good old days in the forum, post a problem and either of the Rane guys or Serato will respond to you, now it's juts users helping other users.

Anyways the only winner here is the customer.

I like the look of this device, am I gonna buy it probably not. Is there going to be a Serato enabled one down the line, maybe if Serato Video gets updated.

The only other way is for Serato to open up the software completely to use with any controller...
LilSwann 5:13 AM - 5 July, 2016
I wish somebody would actually say what issues they have with Serato instead of always saying the same old quotes. "Serato needs to wake up," "Serato needs to innovate more," last time I checked Serato from day one has always been supportive of their users. Yes it might take some time for them to put certain features in but at least they listen. Also when a feature is incorporated it's easy to use and just works. Now NO software is without it's bugs but if you believe that if you have issues with SDJ and you have problems with RDJ and new software that hasn't begun to show it's actual stability and reliability then you're the ones who are blind.

Now I'm not saying I haven't had my problems with SDJ because I have but most things that are actually important have been addressed and it's still my go to because just with me personally every other software seems to be missing something that I have become used to in SDJ that is important to me.

I think Rekordbox is great software as far as using it as managing tool to then export for CDJ use. I feel Pioneer should of just kept that going and then introduced standalone controllers that are comparable to their DDJ line. THEN they could corner the market because they would have essentially the "best" (depending on your taste) controllers for SDJ then also have their own solution for people who don't want to use a laptop. Rekordbox DJ isn't doing anything major that SDJ can't do and if you look at things in detail there is little features and major ones that SDJ has that RDJ doesn't.

As far as this controller it's nothing more than a plot to get people on Rekordbox Video because that's their sale pitch. That in turn is of course trying to force people to RDJ. Seriously though besides the screens what's so much better than what's already out and does it actual makes sense at the price point of $3000?

I'll wait......
DJ/VJ Graham 5:35 AM - 5 July, 2016
I think the bigger issue is whether or not Pioneer will continue making gear that will work with Serato, Virtual DJ, Tractor etc or are thy closing those partnerships to "force" people towards Rekord Box (I am told 60 percent of all DJ Gear being sold world wide is pioneer).

It's easy today to say there is no big difference between Serato & Rekord box but what will you say 2 years from now with no new Pioneer Hardware running Serato (for example)

Thats why I like my 1210's. Hardware that is across the board compatible depending only on the mixer I choose to use it with.
LilSwann 5:50 AM - 5 July, 2016
Quote:
I think the bigger issue is whether or not Pioneer will continue making gear that will work with Serato, Virtual DJ, Tractor etc or are thy closing those partnerships to "force" people towards Rekord Box (I am told 60 percent of all DJ Gear being sold world wide is pioneer).

It's easy today to say there is no big difference between Serato & Rekord box but what will you say 2 years from now with no new Pioneer Hardware running Serato (for example)

Thats why I like my 1210's. Hardware that is across the board compatible depending only on the mixer I choose to use it with.

I honestly could care less I'm not really a big fan of Pioneer equipment and there's a lot of DJs who aren't. I really only like the CDJs and turntables and that's mostly because Denon never update their lineup of players (which will probably change soon since they are back in business now). On the controller side of things I don't like the "toys" so the only controller I would ever look at would be the SZ and I much rather have a NS7 3 or Denon MCX8000 in a heartbeat.
DJ Ravien 8:12 AM - 5 July, 2016
Quote:

Seems like a big gamble, imo it makes more business sense to support all software then force peoples hands to choose. Could very well backfire. Then again I guess you never know.

The thing that worries me is the fact that pioneer has more resources and funding then serato. With time the software could easily surpass serato. In it's current state it comes close imo though not quite. Given enough time I could see users wanting to switch to RBDJ for more features, stability, etc... I think it comes down to whether or not Serato can stay competitive and ahead of the curve in software development. Which only frightens me more when I think about Day mode taking nearly 3 years to implement (perhaps longer).
popnwave 2:56 PM - 5 July, 2016
FYI - there's been a panic after the new RB release. Guess it is nuking a lot of libraries so watch out!

forums.pioneerdj.com

I am holding off on using it until they figure out what is going on, and pre 4.2 is pointless for me since I was using video.
DJ Marv the Maverick 2:59 PM - 5 July, 2016
Just peeped the RKBX forum, users ain't too happy with the new update.
DJ Mat .live 5:37 PM - 5 July, 2016
The DDJ-SZX is coming... not in july, but a lit a bit later...
LilSwann 5:48 PM - 5 July, 2016
Quote:
FYI - there's been a panic after the new RB release. Guess it is nuking a lot of libraries so watch out!

forums.pioneerdj.com

I am holding off on using it until they figure out what is going on, and pre 4.2 is pointless for me since I was using video.

I wonder how many of those users "jumped ship" and now are feeling the pain of using a software that's trying to offer so much so soon and haven't been tested stable yet. SMH
deejdave 7:12 PM - 5 July, 2016
Quote:
The DDJ-SZX is coming... not in july, but a lit a bit later...

This would imply Sertato/Pioneer progression which is clearly highly unlikely at this point.

Rekordbox supports ALL Pioneer/Serato controllers. This supposed DDJ-SZX would actually have MORE function than the DDJ-RZX not even released yet. WHY would Pioneer want to deem their new flagship controller pointless? This is backwards thinking, not typical of pioneer and if I had to guess is clearly speculation and a reach at best....................... unless you know something I don't which I am all ears (eyes) for............................
DJ Mat .live 8:33 PM - 5 July, 2016
Pioneer wants to sell items...

They start with recordbox controller to support recordbox DJ. But a few month later they had to sell Controller for the people. Serato DJ is a grand market, they have to work for.

The DDJ-SZX would support Serato DJ and recordbox, so they boost recordbox a second time...
DJ Draztik31 9:10 PM - 5 July, 2016
I wouldn't hold your breath and wait for the DDJ-SZX.. Many of us are still waiting for Club Kit compatibility for the 900NXS2 mixer. It really looks to me that Pioneer is doing everything possible to push people to Rekordbox.

I spin video and own the SZ for mobile gigs, I have the 900 NXS2 w/ SL3 for my turntables at home, and rock the 2000nexus with a pair of CDJ 2000's and SL4 at the club.

The only way I could justify spending that kind of money on a video controller is if I could do away with the laptop. I feel the laptop just gets in the way and opens the door for more problems.

If the RZX had an HDMI output and I could plug in my external loaded up with MP4's I would seriously consider moving away from Serato. Until then I don't see any real gain to switch.
Ragman 9:37 PM - 5 July, 2016
Quote:
I wouldn't hold your breath and wait for the DDJ-SZX.. Many of us are still waiting for Club Kit compatibility for the 900NXS2 mixer. It really looks to me that Pioneer is doing everything possible to push people to Rekordbox.

I spin video and own the SZ for mobile gigs, I have the 900 NXS2 w/ SL3 for my turntables at home, and rock the 2000nexus with a pair of CDJ 2000's and SL4 at the club.

The only way I could justify spending that kind of money on a video controller is if I could do away with the laptop. I feel the laptop just gets in the way and opens the door for more problems.

If the RZX had an HDMI output and I could plug in my external loaded up with MP4's I would seriously consider moving away from Serato. Until then I don't see any real gain to switch.

^This...
And that's the day it would be considered a game changer.
popnwave 9:44 PM - 5 July, 2016
I do miss the days of my Pioneer DVJs and not needing a computer, but we do need HD capable stuff at this point and thumbdrives won't cut it storage wise for that.

Though I still need an easy way to search a library on a deck and that doesn't seem possible w/.o a keyboard.
DJ Ravien 9:45 PM - 5 July, 2016
Quote:
^This...
And that's the day it would be considered a game changer

Agreed, That was the first thing I thought of when I seen it. Can I use it without a laptop as well?!
deejdave 12:27 AM - 6 July, 2016
Quote:
I feel the laptop just gets in the way and opens the door for more problems.

While this is true sometimes a laptop also provides way more solutions than problems. Standalone hardware becomes obsolete at a very fast pace. While the industry is getting better at felicitating future updates etc. it is to date not even close to laptops. Something goes wrong with a laptop and you can find a solution on your own or look to a third party for a solution. Something goes wrong with hardware....................... yeah good luck with that.

Could go on all day but you get the point. Anyways original point is one we all seemingly agree on that a DDJ-SZX is both highly unlikely and would actually be a bad decision for Pioneer. NOT something Pio typically does.

Quote:
The DDJ-SZX would support Serato DJ and recordbox, so they boost recordbox a second time...

Thus deeming the DDJ-RZX redundant as it ONLY supports Rekordbox??????

I think what we may see is a DDJ-RXX as in a SX/RX size controller that supports some of the features of the RZX as well as screens of some sort and video.

All I know is I am definitely in for one of these as well as the Toraiz SP-16 when it comes out. I am just REALLY hoping Serato takes care of this NXS2 issue which by all means IS an absolute issue.
DJ Marv the Maverick 10:09 AM - 6 July, 2016
If it had standalone with the screens even if just for audio only...that would have been a game changer.
And maybe ability to connect a keyboard to enhance quick searching through the standalone library.
acemc 3:48 PM - 6 July, 2016
I really don't see anything innovative with the DDJ-RZX.
I hope that the launch of this new product will give Serato the push they need to update their Remote app. In doing so, it will piss on the fire of this new controller by giving almost anyone that owns an iPad very similar functionality. It will also show us that Serato are capable & worth sticking with!!
the SOUNDINSURGENT 4:33 PM - 6 July, 2016
Quote:
I really don't see anything innovative with the DDJ-RZX.
I hope that the launch of this new product will give Serato the push they need to update their Remote app. In doing so, it will piss on the fire of this new controller by giving almost anyone that owns an iPad very similar functionality. It will also show us that Serato are capable & worth sticking with!!

Kinda like VDJ has done with their remote app....... You can have 3 ipads or cheap android tablets to show deck 1,2 and have a browser view. Works pretty good imo.
acemc 4:59 PM - 6 July, 2016
Quote:
Kinda like VDJ has done with their remote app....... You can have 3 ipads or cheap android tablets to show deck 1,2 and have a browser view.

Wow!!!, I had no idea. I think I might just have to to a closer look at vdj.
acemc 6:09 PM - 6 July, 2016
take
robinho 11:53 AM - 19 July, 2016
It could have been so EASY to create a real game changer for pioneer.
The DDJ-RZX as a real standalone (like the XDJ-RX) and you´ve got everything that any DJ wants. Perhaps they dont make it because no one would buy the NXS2 anymore, but it is really sad. Denon showed with the MCX8000 how it should be.
Chino 3:31 PM - 19 July, 2016
I encourage any company to push innovation. Maybe this is just the nudge that Serato, Denon, and Rane needs to spark some good competition in the DJ industry.

The price is a bit steep considering it does not have standalone USB play back capabilities. I know the $3000 price includes Pioneer DJ's "luxury tax" BUT I expect more features/value for my hard earned $$$.

I will wait for an MK2 version of the Denon MCx8000. Hopefully, Denon will add larger touch screens, direct drive moving platters, keyboard connectivity etc., etc.

On a side note… I am VERY interested in the the new Pioneer Toraiz SP-16. I'm hoping it will be a mobile version of my Roland MV8800.
Ragman 5:46 PM - 19 July, 2016
Quote:
[...]
I will wait for an MK2 version of the Denon MCx8000. Hopefully, Denon will add larger touch screens, direct drive moving platters, keyboard connectivity etc., etc.

Agreed. InMusic has all the ingredients to make a kick-ass, next-level type controller. They just need to take the reins off these guys and let them go for it.
GusGomez 7:23 PM - 20 July, 2016
Quote:

I don't know how accurate this is because if they were really trying to push DJ's to Rekordbox DJ why not make they're best mixer DJM-S9 Rekordbox compatible ?
GusGomez 7:30 PM - 20 July, 2016
Quote:
The DDJ-RZX as a real standalone (like the XDJ-RX) and you´ve got everything that any DJ wants. Perhaps they dont make it because no one would buy the NXS2 anymore, but it is really sad. Denon showed with the MCX8000 how it should be.

As much as I love my MCX8000 I think Denon missed one thing and that's a 3rd screen in the middle for waveforms and other info that would've been perfect.
i am Dj fLiP 7:32 PM - 20 July, 2016
You can't switch the displays on them like the numarks?
i love my ns7iii, and only thing i wish they added was USB inputs so it can directly load them should Serato crashes.

it's also a standalone mixer, so I just plug my phone for emergency
GusGomez 7:35 PM - 20 July, 2016
Quote:
You can't switch the displays on them like the numarks?
i love my ns7iii, and only thing i wish they added was USB inputs so it can directly load them should Serato crashes.

it's also a standalone mixer, so I just plug my phone for emergency

nah you can't the display only display the side that's playing I wish you could stack the waveforms.
robinho 7:37 PM - 20 July, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

As much as I love my MCX8000 I think Denon missed one thing and that's a 3rd screen in the middle for waveforms and other info that would've been perfect.

true, but you can add the Numark Dashboard if you need a screen in the middle. Even with that it costs the half of the new Pioneer Controller with a real standalone possibility.
But it would be great if Engine would make a step up.
acemc 8:57 PM - 20 July, 2016
All Serato have to do is update Serato remote to give us stacked waveforms & browser. If they really wanted to go next level, they could include video support on the iPad. Serato have the potential to make sooo much money from an upgrade like that. I just don't understand why they don't make things happen.
robinho 9:10 PM - 20 July, 2016
Quote:
All Serato have to do is update Serato remote to give us stacked waveforms & browser. If they really wanted to go next level, they could include video support on the iPad. Serato have the potential to make sooo much money from an upgrade like that. I just don't understand why they don't make things happen.

If serato even wants to survive within the next five years, they need to unify with inMusic. When all new controllers and probably similar products to the CDJs would come out with serato included, they could really attack Pioneer. As long as these things doesnt happen, Pioneer and Rekordbox will increase their share of the market. Doesnt matter what price they call out (as you can see). Pioneer with the DJM and CDJ is the standard for any club, any event, any serious DJ. You can´t change this fact with waiting and beeing patient. Even inMusic can´t change the fact with releasing something like the MCX8000 (which is a really good product). They should work way closer together and Denon should forget Engine and should include serato the way how Pioneer does it with Rekordbox
Chino 10:24 PM - 20 July, 2016
Quote:

^^^
inMusic can´t change the fact with releasing something like the MCX8000 (which is a really good product). They should work way closer together and Denon should forget Engine and should include serato the way how Pioneer does it with Rekordbox

I'm confident that we will see a controller with SDJ embedded in the near future. InMusic now has Rane, Denon DJ, Numark and Akai, to pull technology from. Serato may decide to partner with InMusic(like they did with Rane). It's just a matter of time.
DJ Marv the Maverick 4:58 AM - 21 July, 2016
What will happen to all the Reloops, Allen & Heath etc.

A partnership like they had with Rane will cost them, except they write another program again exclusively for InMusic.
KlausMogensen 10:29 PM - 21 July, 2016
Quote:

VDJ is already supporting the DDJ-RB, the DDJ-RR, the DDJ-RX and the CDJ-2000NXS2. I don't think they have a partnership. But they still build mappers and support the new Pioneer Hardware
popnwave 10:57 PM - 21 July, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

VDJ is already supporting the DDJ-RB, the DDJ-RR, the DDJ-RX and the CDJ-2000NXS2. I don't think they have a partnership. But they still build mappers and support the new Pioneer Hardware

There might be agreements in place to not do that... VDJ has always kind done whatever they want, and there is nothing exclusive to that platform from the major companies because of that.
deejdave 11:33 PM - 21 July, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

There might be agreements in place to not do that... VDJ has always kind done whatever they want, and there is nothing exclusive to that platform from the major companies because of that.

VDJ literally hacked into the Numark NV screens and publicly released it. They would support a toaster if it had a USB port. TBH their direct stabs and "do what we please" attitude is what keeps me away from it. I mean I literally got VDJ (Pro infinity) for free post SZ purchase without even knowing it would be supported. Their "Can you afford a crash" to "the most downloaded DJ SW" sales pitches make it seem gimmicky IMO.

That being said I know peeps who use it are generally happy with it.
i am Dj fLiP 11:39 PM - 21 July, 2016
I had to switch to VDJ back when itch started, and I started doing videos. VDJ ran solid for me, with no issue. I even had 1 folder w/a few thousand video files (because i was lazy/busy to organize) and it ran fine.. i just finally switched back a year ago to SDJ and SV because now they support auto video loops when playing mp3, etc. and a few other upgrades.

there are still a few features that I would like to carry over, but can't win em all, right?!
KlausMogensen 7:54 AM - 22 July, 2016
Quote:

VDJ literally hacked into the Numark NV screens and publicly released it. They would support a toaster if it had a USB port. TBH their direct stabs and "do what we please" attitude is what keeps me away from it. I mean I literally got VDJ (Pro infinity) for free post SZ purchase without even knowing it would be supported. Their "Can you afford a crash" to "the most downloaded DJ SW" sales pitches make it seem gimmicky IMO.

That being said I know peeps who use it are generally happy with it.

Yes, and they have done the same with the NS7iii, and are about to for the MCX8000, which is currently only supported without screens in VDJ as far as I know.
I love that they do this TBO :)

I think Serato will end up being a InMusic bundle software when it comes to controllers. It will still rule for DVS setups (InMusic now also owns Rane)

So Serato, Rekordbox and Traktor will then be closed platforms bundled with specific hardware, which will run very well together

And VDJ (and Cross and Mixxx and a few others) will be for the DJs who likes open platforms, where you can setup, change, re-program and run everything you like in any combination - but you have to put more effort into making it run without glitches
Chino 10:05 PM - 22 July, 2016
Quote:
VDJ literally hacked into the Numark NV screens and publicly released it. They would support a toaster if it had a USB port.

LMAO… too funny and I completely agree!
i am Dj fLiP 10:42 PM - 22 July, 2016
i think VDJ is one of the more innavative dj software since they like to tackle things like supporting new controller etc.

and i think people that complain that it's not stable are most likely the one that were pirating the copy of it (and probably running it on windows) lol.
DJ Ravien 11:18 PM - 22 July, 2016
Quote:
i think VDJ is one of the more innavative dj software since they like to tackle things like supporting new controller etc.

and i think people that complain that it's not stable are most likely the one that were pirating the copy of it (and probably running it on windows) lol.

I dunno about that, I have a mid 2015 Macbook pro 15" and installed VDJ a few weeks ago and had nothing but issues running it. BPM editors were coming up blank... no buttons anything and even crashed on me a few times. Not sure why but VDJ and Traktor seem to run like garbage on my mac. Well Traktor run's ok just sounds like garbage. Never had any problems with them on my PC.

I have to honestly say I have experienced more issues running dj software on my mac then I ever had using windows, SDJ included. That said Serato video never worked on windows but runs super smooth on my mac. So *shrugs*
i am Dj fLiP 11:27 PM - 22 July, 2016
haha oh man, i could only imagine that.

vdj worked flawlessly for me for a few years.
main reason i went to vdj was because back when itch started, it didn't have video support.
and i just came back when SDJ and SV were fully supported.

i guess it really all comes down to user experience with these dj programs
DJ Ravien 12:08 AM - 23 July, 2016
Quote:
i guess it really all comes down to user experience with these dj programs

Agreed. I started with Traktor and eventually made my way here. Now Traktor feels totally unnatural to me. Which sucks since I own a license that never gets used.. Once every few months I open it... play with it for about an hour and come back to SDJ.
IamDJCertified 1:21 PM - 7 August, 2016
I guess this is something for the people who want something new every week... My two Setups consist of 2 Technic 1210's and a DJM 400 Mixer SL2 box and my portable is a DDJ-SX2, I have Serato Video... Why would i want to get this new DDJ-S(R)ZX? Is it to show off to my friends and say look i have screens in my setup? As a club rocker... I just come in to do my set and be out... just my two cents... Some things are just not necessary, unless you don't have a reliable set up, then get you something solid... Not just because if the latest and the greatest.
deejdave 1:07 AM - 8 August, 2016
No Mix Emergency?
acemc 12:41 PM - 8 August, 2016
Quote:
No Mix Emergency?

Good observation, haven't seen anything about that yet.
I guess it'll be Inklen's duty to get working with the screens of this controller.
DJ Marv the Maverick 12:53 PM - 8 August, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
No Mix Emergency?

Good observation, haven't seen anything about that yet.
I guess it'll be Inklen's duty to get working with the screens of this controller.

Maybe virtual Dj can get the screen working too.
HalZero 2:12 PM - 9 September, 2016
I've used RZX it doesn't work, constantly freezes. Screens go black etc... UNSTABLE
popnwave 2:40 PM - 9 September, 2016
Quote:
I've used RZX it doesn't work, constantly freezes. Screens go black etc... UNSTABLE

Which version of RB? 4.2.2 fixed a ton of stuff last week, my friend said his is working a LOT better now.
Marvin Zurrenda 6:47 PM - 9 September, 2016
Serato here we go again ima give you a very good one bring bridge to serato dj and the tables will turn again - most of us as djs are also producers and if we can dj scratch and produce on the fly we are golden thats why pioneer released the Toraiz sampler with sync thru the hub so if you can bring back the bridge for serato dj it would be awesome because the sarato flip was good but latency to maintain the quantize was horrable hope you listen again - currently trying recordbox
popnwave 9:07 PM - 9 September, 2016
Quote:
Serato here we go again ima give you a very good one bring bridge to serato dj and the tables will turn again - most of us as djs are also producers and if we can dj scratch and produce on the fly we are golden thats why pioneer released the Toraiz sampler with sync thru the hub so if you can bring back the bridge for serato dj it would be awesome because the sarato flip was good but latency to maintain the quantize was horrable hope you listen again - currently trying recordbox

Can we bring back Quaaludes while we are at it? Nope I doubt that or anything else with Ableton will appear in the near future.

Time to move on maaan.
Marvin Zurrenda 9:36 PM - 9 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Can we bring back Quaaludes while we are at it? Nope I doubt that or anything else with Ableton will appear in the near future.

Time to move on maaan.

Def moved on - im liking this rekordbox software
Wow never imagined i was gona switch - i was very loyal to serato but as a music producer i demand more ..youtu.be
K Suave 10:57 PM - 9 September, 2016
Ok here is my 2 cents....Yes i have brought into Pioneer and yes i just purchased the ddjrzx...it is big and bulky but i still love this "beast"..... I have been in the game for some time and used different equipment hardware and software, from denon, american DJ, traktor and my go to piece novation twitch... had serato and traktor software and never thought i would go to pioneer cause it was so expensive and i didn't think it was industry standard.....BUT you have to give it to them they have been in this business a long time and this is not their first video equipment but they had it way b4 anybody else... and I think this is going to increase my business.....and if they get a update where you can hook up your karoke to this thing and it work that is all the more better for me.... but you always have people that want that next thing at their event and even wedding... maybe toward the end of the night people can see video of themself dancing on the floor is just more for them to brag about....
Marvin Zurrenda 12:27 AM - 10 September, 2016
Well guys here is what i can say after investing couple of hrs into rekordbox and what i see is that if you are a house edm electro or just a mixing dj then rekord box kills serato on the other hand if you like to scratch and beat juggle serato kills rekordob so f it... im stiking to serato...
DjSyndic8 2:27 AM - 10 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Serato and Roland Announce New DJ-808 Controller
news.djcity.com
Time to move on maaan.

Def moved on - im liking this rekordbox software
Wow never imagined i was gona switch - i was very loyal to serato but as a music producer i demand more ..youtu.be
popnwave 5:44 PM - 11 September, 2016
Quote:
Well guys here is what i can say after investing couple of hrs into rekordbox and what i see is that if you are a house edm electro or just a mixing dj then rekord box kills serato on the other hand if you like to scratch and beat juggle serato kills rekordob so f it... im stiking to serato...

See, you know what you want and you are using the right tool for it.
DJTorchmusic 10:43 PM - 11 June, 2017
Well fokes... I order one of these. Not thrilled about the lack of Serato support and I don't believe it works with Traktor either. No USB either? I hope I don't regret this. I tried the DDJ- SZ which was cool but I didn't feel connected. I tried the NS7 III and enjoyed it more than the SZ but, the one I had was not 100%. Maybe I should've just bought another one but here I am, giving Pioneer one more try.
deejdave 11:57 PM - 11 June, 2017
You definitely won't feel connected to Serato with the RZX. Personally I am curious what you found in the NS7III that the SZ does not have aside from the screens which are nothing more than the Numark Dashboard. I have not used my NS7II since I got the SZ and again screens aside not much difference.
DJ JulioYEG 12:17 AM - 12 June, 2017
Quote:
Well fokes... I order one of these. Not thrilled about the lack of Serato support and I don't believe it works with Traktor either. No USB either? I hope I don't regret this. I tried the DDJ- SZ which was cool but I didn't feel connected. I tried the NS7 III and enjoyed it more than the SZ but, the one I had was not 100%. Maybe I should've just bought another one but here I am, giving Pioneer one more try.

i wanna know how this works for u lool
DjSyndic8 12:37 AM - 13 June, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

i wanna know how this works for u lool

might have jumped the gun there DJTorchmusic it was better buying the sz2 and then purchasing recordbox just to have the best of serato and Rekodbox
deejdave 1:45 AM - 13 June, 2017
SZ2 not supported by Rekordbox like I said he should have stopped at SZ.
DjSyndic8 2:15 AM - 13 June, 2017
Quote:
SZ2 not supported by Rekordbox like I said he should have stopped at SZ.

oh daaam lol :)
DJTorchmusic 6:39 AM - 30 October, 2017
Sorry, it took me a while to get back. The RZX hardware is excellent. It's just like a pair of CDJs & Nexus Mixer. The biggest issue was with RekordBox. But amazingly enough they updated RBDJ and it works a lot better. BUT Serato is more responsive and is obviously the club standard. The RZX is BIG and it's larger than the NS7III and weighs about the same. It's too bad this unit does not work without a computer.
John Calipari 3:16 PM - 30 October, 2017
Quote:
The RZX is BIG and it's larger than the NS7III and weighs about the same. It's too bad this unit does not work without a computer.

Couldn't you just strap a Quad i7 Mac Mini underneath within a hard case? Albeit this would add about a $1000 to cost of the rig.
DJTorchmusic 7:48 PM - 15 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
The RZX is BIG and it's larger than the NS7III and weighs about the same. It's too bad this unit does not work without a computer.

Couldn't you just strap a Quad i7 Mac Mini underneath within a hard case? Albeit this would add about a $1000 to cost of the rig.

You'd still need another screen to boot into the application. So, you'd be better off with a laptop.
DJTorchmusic 8:00 PM - 15 January, 2018
I will say this about the RZX. The gear is Premium Quality and well thought out.
Ragman 9:41 PM - 15 January, 2018
It is definitely a BEAST of a controller. I wonder how sales for this controller is going thus far.
Lisa26 5:58 AM - 16 January, 2018
The pro-DJ FX controls make it clearly different and the layout is also awesome.
John Calipari 7:19 PM - 16 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You'd still need another screen to boot into the application. So, you'd be better off with a laptop.

I had heard that the platters are cosmetically similar to the SZ, but not the same build quality. Is this true?
acemc 7:21 PM - 16 January, 2018
The DDJ-1000 looks like a winner, nexus 2 platters.
DJ Tecniq 3:16 AM - 17 January, 2018
No...cause Rekordbox is still terrible and it doesn’t support Serato🤷🏼‍♂️
acemc 11:38 PM - 18 January, 2018
Quote:
No...cause Rekordbox is still terrible and it doesn’t support Serato

Ok, I do agree with that!
DJTorchmusic 1:38 AM - 20 January, 2018
I use btoh Serato and Rekordbox. They both are good. RB5 made some strides in performace and stability.
John Calipari 4:26 AM - 20 January, 2018
Quote:
I use btoh Serato and Rekordbox. They both are good. RB5 made some strides in performace and stability.

It should be. Pioneer, like Apple has the ultimate advantage . Like Apple, they manufacture the hardware and develop the software which is kinda a shocking if you think about it in that RKB still has any issues or complaints whatsoever with Pioneer's own new native Hardware despite Pioneer's advantage. Pioneer really rushed this strategy to market
DJTorchmusic 4:39 AM - 15 October, 2018
Been a while since I've been on here. I did end up getting the RZX and still have it. Someone mentioned something about it not having a stand alone mixer and it actually does. You could hook up CDJs or Real Vinyle and pump it right through the mixer. I'd say it's mixer is about the quality of a stripped down nexus version. Rekordbox has improved greatly and it has to. The RZX is completely dependent on it since it's the only native application that works with the hardware. However, I've heard others getting other apps to work with some adjustment. Before you buy this and if you haven't played around with RekordBox, I'd download the RB demo and see if you're cool with it because if you're not, this may not be the hardware for you. If you can get along with RB5 you will save at least a couple of grand getting the equivalent gear (2 cdjs/mixer) and you still will need to buy 2 cue point controllers.