DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

SoundSwitch Serato DJ LightShow Sync

DJ_X_Trodinaire 11:49 PM - 29 June, 2016
soundswitch.com

SoundSwitch Seamlessly
Syncs DJ software & lighting

Saw it on youtube
DJ Ravien 4:50 PM - 30 June, 2016
Yea looks pretty cool, Waiting to hear more, wish they had a manual available. I contacted them and they said it should be available for purchase in July and start shipping in august. Can't wait to see what the price tag on it will be.
i am Dj fLiP 6:45 PM - 30 June, 2016
Contacted them as well.. I'm curious how much the dmx box going to cost us.
DJ Ravien 7:19 PM - 14 July, 2016
Just checked the site, Says it will cost $499.00 and will be available for purchase later this month but wont get the hardware till sometime in august.

They updated their site with a few new vids and a pretty detailed FAQ section. Looks really interesting. One thing I do not like is the following :

"11. RETURNS: RETURNS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED PROVIDED THAT: (I) THE PRODUCT IS DAMAGED OR DEFECTIVE AND YOU HAVE COMPLIED WITH THE PROVISIONS OF CLAUSE "

$500 bucks is a little steep to purchase anything I can not test :\ I would've thought there would be at least a 30 day refund or something. Looks like I am going to have to wait and get other users feedback before I drop that kind of dough.

I wonder if places like guitar center will ever carry them.
DANGERUST 6:47 AM - 26 July, 2016
Check out this latest video

www.facebook.com
DJ Ravien 7:13 AM - 26 July, 2016
Not gunna lie it looks dope, just not sure about this no return policy. I wrote them and asked if they would be shipping any to any GC around the US but haven't heard back from them.
dj Special ops 8:04 AM - 26 July, 2016
I work at guitar center and will check to see pricing on SS. I'm curious as well. Looks seamless so far
Dj Ops
SoundSwitch Team 12:31 AM - 29 July, 2016
Hey Everyone,

Feel free to hit us up any time if you need to know more you can email us on hi@soundswitch.com, use this forum or hit us up on facebook!

Quote:
Not gunna lie it looks dope, just not sure about this no return policy. I wrote them and asked if they would be shipping any to any GC around the US but haven't heard back from them.

Sorry we didnt get back sooner, happy to provide refunds if our customers arn't happy with the product.
DJ_Esco 10:02 AM - 2 August, 2016
Quite honestly, I am very impressed and very excited about this!!!!

as an artist and performer I try to bring the same element both on and off the stage and in large venues there is typically a MC and a Lighthing/FX Technican

This takes the game to a whole new level where I can deliver a new level of impact of lighting and effects even to my smaller venues and even able to deliver specifically the look and feel I want to my performances in larger greater scale venues and events!

If Guitar Center has not jumped in on it they are starting to miss out on game changing technologies in the DJ industry its not just about DJ controllers anymore its about the flexibility, power and control we find within the tools we use in our industry to dominate our field and deliver a new level of excellence within every performance we do.

@SoundSwitch Count me in!!!

Sincerely,

DJ Esco
DJ Reflex 10:54 PM - 2 August, 2016
Will it work with SSL? Does it create cues within the song file itself or does it use cue points from Serato?

This would seriously up my lighting game for weddings and school dances!
SoundSwitch Team 12:24 AM - 3 August, 2016
Hi DJ Reflex.

No SoundSwitch doesn't work with SSL.

SoundSwitch is both a performance plugin for Serato DJ and a light show creation tool. You can create lightshows for individual songs and input a totally customised show it you can use the Autoloops feature which automatically syncs lighting clips to the Breatgrid in Serato DJ
DJ Reflex 1:31 AM - 3 August, 2016
Gotcha... I have great DMX software, but always thought it would be cool to integrate that with existing songs controlled with Serato. Unfortunately, I still use Scratch Live. Thanks for the response.
DANGERUST 7:00 AM - 11 August, 2016
Hi SoundSwitch Team,

I have a few of questions.

Will it work with any lights with DMX or just Chauvet?

I have a Chauvet motion Facade LED drape will is work with your program?

I will be buying soon Chauvet motion drape LED backdrop drape and Chauvet gig bar will these work with your program?

Thanks
SoundSwitch Team 10:14 PM - 11 August, 2016
Quote:
Hi SoundSwitch Team,

I have a few of questions.

Will it work with any lights with DMX or just Chauvet?

I have a Chauvet motion Facade LED drape will is work with your program?

I will be buying soon Chauvet motion drape LED backdrop drape and Chauvet gig bar will these work with your program?

Thanks

Hi DJ Pommy D,

SoundSwitch works with a large number of lighting manufactures not just Chauvet.

The Gigbar should work fine with SoundSwitch, we are adding this light into SoundSwitch very soon.

The LED Draps will also work, however at this stage you will only be able to control the Color, Intensity and Strobe of the entire drape.

We will add the ability to set the effects in the future.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 10:57 PM - 11 August, 2016
I think I will wait until 3rd party hardware can be used :)
I am playing around with the trial software but it is hard to visualized without any live lights hooked up.
Will there be ability to add your own lights (clones)?
DJ Rkade 12:05 AM - 13 August, 2016
Posted this in another thread cause it was pretty sick, but this does LED lighting sync without any crazy stuff. The lead engineer said they plan to add DMX support as well.

Watchwww.youtube.com
i am Dj fLiP 12:17 AM - 13 August, 2016
Quote:
Posted this in another thread cause it was pretty sick, but this does LED lighting sync without any crazy stuff. The lead engineer said they plan to add DMX support as well.

Watchwww.youtube.com

that looks like a basic RGB led controller and only works if you the the lighting strip hookup and doesn't seem to do DMX.

SoundSwitch, however, does DMX and can do scenes and supports most well branded dmx capable lighting setup.

both are good to their own respect. but I can't see ViVi be able to support some of the lighting that us DJ's and clubs already own.

I do have a question to the SoundSwitch folks though.. could you possible demo us of the product on automatic mode? I'm sure other dj's don't have the time to program each song as some of us have thousands of music that we carry with us whether we do a gig at a club or at a wedding. And would these work on some of the wireless dmx setup if we put a wireles dmx transmitter from the SoundSwitch box??
DANGERUST 12:22 AM - 13 August, 2016
Next question, can you miss match manufacture of lights?
Say you have got LED Chauvet Light and different company for the lasers etc
SoundSwitch Team 12:49 AM - 13 August, 2016
Hi DJ Flip,

Sure dude, we can work on a new video showing Autoloops for you.
SoundSwitch Team 12:52 AM - 13 August, 2016
Quote:
Next question, can you miss match manufacture of lights?
Say you have got LED Chauvet Light and different company for the lasers etc

Hey Bro,

Its doesnt really work like that, the problem is that lighting manufacturers don't always do things in the same way, its a real hassle at our end. You can try and "cross patch" fixtures if you want but this always going work as planned.

We are constantly adding new fixtures to the library and these will auto update for you.

Let me know if you need a lighting fixture added and I can do that for you.
DANGERUST 1:00 AM - 13 August, 2016
If you could add the drape effect to your lighting system I will be interested in your product. Then I will need to update the rest of my lights, fog machine etc over time.

Thanks
SoundSwitch Team 1:32 AM - 13 August, 2016
Hi Pommy D,

We will be working on adding your Drape Fixture to SoundSwitch, I'll be in touch once its added.
DJ Reflex 9:27 PM - 13 August, 2016
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

Not to take away from Sound Switch (I just can't use it on SSL), but the ViVi product looks promising too for simple LED lights. I threw $20 on their kickstarter program BTW.

I just did an EDM show and SS would have been great for some of the tracks - could have synced up all the lights to the individual songs instead of me pushing buttons like a maniac trying to keep up with the DJ!!! :)
Senior Pachanga 2:29 AM - 15 August, 2016
Are there fixture profiles for varilite preferably vl880 and original trackspot scanners
BeatWiz 3:03 AM - 23 August, 2016
Great stuff....BUT, fixture profiles needs to be editable, either with a free standalone software or a built-in fixture editor as part of the SoundSwitch package. I have an old Elation Show Designer DMX controller. It has a simple Profile Editor software which allows me to simply add any DMX controlled device in a matter minutes.

www.elationlighting.com

Really tempted to upgrade to SoundSwitch - but it won't happen unless we have a fixture profile editor.
SoundSwitch Team 4:16 AM - 23 August, 2016
Hey BeatWiz,

The Fixture Library in SoundSwitch is Cloud based.

When we add fixtures to the library here at HQ, ever version of SoundSwitch will get the new fixtures.

Send through a list of the fixtures you have and we will add them for you and these will appear in your library without you having to touch your keyboard!

Happy to put in the work for you.
citi 9:41 PM - 23 August, 2016
I'm trying to test soundswitch and I'm excited for the future but I can't help but feel it's not ready for anything more than pars and color wash moving heads. First off, it doesn't have the majority of products I use. It has my slimpar hex, but it doesn't have the Chauvet Swarm, Intimidator 250, or the starball by ADJ. Without these the app becomes pointless for me.

Also...and this is a big one, what's the point of downloading software to test it if you don't have a visualizer? Every light app has one. If I can't use other hardware, then at least give me a way to see and react to how my lights would look while using your products. I can't drop $500 without a way of seeing if it will actually do what I want it to.
DTweed 6:00 PM - 25 August, 2016
What about my $400 chauvet box? What I'm supposed to do with that now 🙄
SoundSwitch Team 8:34 PM - 25 August, 2016
Quote:
I'm trying to test soundswitch and I'm excited for the future but I can't help but feel it's not ready for anything more than pars and color wash moving heads. First off, it doesn't have the majority of products I use. It has my slimpar hex, but it doesn't have the Chauvet Swarm, Intimidator 250, or the starball by ADJ. Without these the app becomes pointless for me.

Also...and this is a big one, what's the point of downloading software to test it if you don't have a visualizer? Every light app has one. If I can't use other hardware, then at least give me a way to see and react to how my lights would look while using your products. I can't drop $500 without a way of seeing if it will actually do what I want it to.

Hey Citi,

Thanks for your feedback.

SoundSwitch fixture library is cloud based so if you have a fixture you'd like us to add, just let us know and we will update it for you and your system will be Automatically updated.

SoundSwitch currently lets you control the Intensity, Colour (RGB and Colour Wheels), Strobe and Pan/Tilt attribute of the lights. So we will be adding control for GOBO, build in FX an a number of other control channels. Keep an eye out for these updates.

The download and test is more getting people used to the type of work flow which is quite different to typical DMX software, having said that a number of our users have said they don't feel a 3D visualiser is hugely important once they have started using the software. But this is something we would like to add in the future.

If SoundSwitch isnt right for you at this stage, just wait until the feature you need are added.
SoundSwitch Team 8:35 PM - 25 August, 2016
Quote:

Haha, thats a great question.
DJ Ravien 12:13 AM - 26 August, 2016
Quote:

Ebay?

Still very interested, recently had a small financial set back so may be some time before I can drop the money. Would there be any way now to control generic lasers? I picked up a pair of LD-488C awhile back for a steal would love to be able to incorporate them with the rest of my lighting using SS.
SoundSwitch Team 4:10 AM - 29 August, 2016
Hi DJ Ravien,

Unfortunately this particular laser will not work with SoundSwitch.

The reason is that there is no DMX control channel for setting the color of the laser. We have been testing with other laser in house and these work really well with SoundSwitch and we will release Laser Support in the coming months.

Let us know if there is anything else you need.
BeatWiz 5:40 AM - 10 September, 2016
Quote:
Hey BeatWiz,

When we add fixtures to the library here at HQ, ever version of SoundSwitch will get the new fixtures.

Send through a list of the fixtures you have and we will add them for you and these will appear in your library without you having to touch your keyboard!

You are missing the point. Not having the ability to quickly setup a new fixture is to me a showstopper. There's many times you may want to make changes/add fictures in a hurry. Without a fixture editor you can't. For example:

- Testing my gear the day before an important gig and find that the main effect is broken. Off to the rental place and get some replacement(s). They have an awesome new effect - but you can't get it since you can't add it to your show in a hurry..

- You get to a venue and realize you need more uplighting cans than what you own. Call your buddy and borrow his....no...can't add them since I don't have a fixture profile for his cans.

- At venue, too bright - your laser is too weak. Borrow your friends high power one....nope forget that...

Hope you get my point..
Scully DJ Services 6:06 AM - 10 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Hey BeatWiz,

You are missing the point. Not having the ability to quickly setup a new fixture is to me a showstopper. There's many times you may want to make changes/add fictures in a hurry. Without a fixture editor you can't. For example:

- Testing my gear the day before an important gig and find that the main effect is broken. Off to the rental place and get some replacement(s). They have an awesome new effect - but you can't get it since you can't add it to your show in a hurry..

- You get to a venue and realize you need more uplighting cans than what you own. Call your buddy and borrow his....no...can't add them since I don't have a fixture profile for his cans.

- At venue, too bright - your laser is too weak. Borrow your friends high power one....nope forget that...

Hope you get my point..

+1

ShowXpress has been great to me for this reason. Being able to take any DMX fixture ever and make it work in the software after only a couple minutes of fiddling is fantastic. Having a piece of lighting software like SoundSwitch that is so locked down would completely inhibit my workflow.
SoundSwitch Team 9:10 AM - 10 September, 2016
We completely understand the convenience of being able to input your own fixtures and this is a feature we will add in the near future.

In the mean time we are happy to add fixtures at your request.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 11:36 AM - 10 September, 2016
Quote:

+1

ShowXpress has been great to me for this reason. Being able to take any DMX fixture ever and make it work in the software after only a couple minutes of fiddling is fantastic. Having a piece of lighting software like SoundSwitch that is so locked down would completely inhibit my workflow.

+100000
Dj Wunder 8:45 PM - 6 October, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
+1

+100000

Have to agree, as a mobile DJ, last-minute-lighting additions occur more often than I care to admit. Just last week I was programming rentals during cocktail hour, which is stupid easy with Luminair. If I were locked in to SoundSwitch, I'd be SOL if the new fixtures weren't already in the library.

On the note of Luminair, i would need the ability to use that alongside SoundSwitch for this to be a real solution for me
SoundSwitch Team 10:11 PM - 6 October, 2016
Hi everyone,

A fixture creator is on the way.
Dj Wunder 5:59 PM - 10 October, 2016
Quote:
Hi everyone,

A fixture creator is on the way.

Great news.

Question: How should I set up my LED strips? I have them set to DMX channel 1, they are RGBW strips so 4 channels handle each color, and I use Luminair to color mix, flash, oscillate, etc. via the built in fader FX
Dj Wunder 6:40 PM - 10 October, 2016
I'd really like to see a video on more complex lights, like the Chauvet Swarm FX or Gig Bar IRC
SoundSwitch Team 7:11 PM - 10 October, 2016
Hi DJ Wunder,

We have replied to your question via email.

Talk soon.
DJ Marv the Maverick 11:02 PM - 1 December, 2016
$499 though. Did you guys have a blackfriday sale? or Cyberweek.

😀

I own two simple light fixture 🙏

1. Chauvet 4play
2. Kam Power Party Bar WFS

Are they both supported yet?

Great that you are adding fixture edit, perhaps it should also have the ability to upload it to you so you can screen it and make it available to all users via cloud.

Just getting into lights, never had to deal with it as I do venues with their own lighting and a lighting tech.
SoundSwitch Team 11:09 PM - 1 December, 2016
Hi DJ Marv,

Send us an email at hi@soundswitch.com, be great to talk more about your fixture editor idea.

Both these lights are supported.
DJ Marv the Maverick 12:48 AM - 2 December, 2016
Quote:
Hi DJ Marv,

Send us an email at hi@soundswitch.com, be great to talk more about your fixture editor idea.

say no more 😁
DJ Marv the Maverick 1:08 AM - 2 December, 2016
Quote:
Hi DJ Marv,

You've got mail 😉
DJ Marv the Maverick 3:43 PM - 9 December, 2016
received my soundswitch yesterday. I've only got one working fixture that is supported.

The Kam Partybar I purchased is faulty.

Anyways few questions to SS.

1. in the performance mode how can I change the autoloops?

2. in terms of fixtures that have multiple dmx channels eg a fixture that can work with 3/4/20 channels which channel does SS use?

3. can you do longer tutorials, the ones you have currently are just way to short.

4. is SS supported in Siera? I tried it with Sierra last night and got no joy. I thought I didn't know what I was doing as I couldn't get the lights to work. eventually I switched to Yosemite and I was able to program the lights I wanted.

5. I hope you have plans to make more autoloops.

6. in performance mode can one select other autoloops bank mid set?
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:49 PM - 3 January, 2017
Hello, I cant find Soundswitch in my Remotes

Quote:
Connecting to Serato DJ:

Once you have created a few lighting Scripts and Autoloops in Edit Mode it's time to connect SoundSwitch to Serato DJ. The following steps will guide you through how to get this done.

1. Open SoundSwitch and select Performance Mode then select the Venue Tab you wish to playback.

2. Open Serato DJ and then navigate to the Serato Setup Menu/Expansion Packs/Serato Remotes.

3. You will be able to see SoundSwitch in Available Remotes. If not already activated, select SoundSwitch and click Activate.

4. Close the Serato Setup Menu and then you're ready to test it out. To do so, load a audio file, that you have created a lighting Script for, onto the left deck and crossfade to the left before pressing play. If all is working correctly your lighting show should playback in time with Serato DJ.

5. Now lets test out your Autoloops. Firstly, load an audio file onto the right deck that you have not made a lighting Script for, then crossfade to the right and you should see the first Autoloop you have created playback.
Dan_SoundSwitch 9:26 PM - 3 January, 2017
Hey Marv,

Matt got back to you on email again. Cheers
DJ Marv the Maverick 9:33 PM - 3 January, 2017
I'm sorted now. Matt is a legend.
DJ Marv the Maverick 2:38 PM - 20 July, 2017
got mail about 1.3....will try it out.
DJJosh500 12:39 AM - 18 August, 2017
Quote:
We completely understand the convenience of being able to input your own fixtures and this is a feature we will add in the near future.

Hi SoundSwitch, please could you add the KAM Party Bar Portable LED Stage Lighting Kit please?
SoundSwitch Tech Support 12:56 AM - 18 August, 2017
Hi Josh,

Is it possible for you to send a link to the User manual or an image to:

hi@soundswitch.com?
the SOUNDINSURGENT 1:59 AM - 18 August, 2017
Are the IRC Gigbars added already?
DJJosh500 10:46 AM - 18 August, 2017
Quote:
IRC Gigbars

Do they work the same?
the SOUNDINSURGENT 4:07 AM - 28 September, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
IRC Gigbars

Do they work the same?

Work the same as what??
monkeyfunk 11:49 AM - 28 September, 2017
interested to see this in operation with a gig bar too
the SOUNDINSURGENT 4:32 PM - 31 October, 2017
Finally got this working with my Gigbar IRC!!

Haven't sat down and put together a show yet but I have it working and I'm starting to understand how this thing works.

With just the Gigbar it's pretty cool the amount of control I have over the lights.

I'll probably sit down and script out a few tracks this week and then watch it as they play.
ctaylor257 3:31 AM - 16 November, 2017
Quote:
Finally got this working with my Gigbar IRC!!

Haven't sat down and put together a show yet but I have it working and I'm starting to understand how this thing works.

With just the Gigbar it's pretty cool the amount of control I have over the lights.

I'll probably sit down and script out a few tracks this week and then watch it as they play.

How was your experience? I have a Gigbar as well. I may hold off on the Soundswitch until I add more lights to my rig, but if it works well with the Gigbar, I might get it sooner.

Also, is there a way to program a strobe-only function, like a classic strobe light? Adjusting speed, etc.
Mike Sinclair 1:25 PM - 19 January, 2018
Anyone used SoundSwitch with Gigbar 2? I just stumbled across this product and I'm very curious.
monkeyfunk 5:32 PM - 19 January, 2018
I just bought this :

Chauvet DJ Xpress 100 USB to DMX MAC Interface + ShowXpress Software

$100 or so. Time to get learning some DMX.
acemc 6:51 PM - 21 January, 2018
Quote:
I just bought this :

Chauvet DJ Xpress 100 USB to DMX MAC Interface + ShowXpress Software

$100 or so. Time to get learning some DMX.

does the express100 work with mac? I ended up getting the 512 because the 100 didn't work with mac
acemc 7:20 PM - 21 January, 2018
So I finally decided to take the plunge & bought SS, it should arrive tomorrow (hopefully).
Something I noticed while trying to script a few tracks in advance, is that SS doesn't seem to have elastic beat grids. So while my tracks are all correct (grids) in Serato, it doesn't line up correctly in SS. The first few bars line up, but then they gradually drift out. Im having difficulty creating shows with all my transition tracks. Does anyone know if Im perhaps doing something wrong? Without being able to set additional downbeats to keep the grid aligned how will the lights sync up to Serato's grid? Perhaps I'm missing something....
the SOUNDINSURGENT 11:11 PM - 21 January, 2018
Quote:
So I finally decided to take the plunge & bought SS, it should arrive tomorrow (hopefully).
Something I noticed while trying to script a few tracks in advance, is that SS doesn't seem to have elastic beat grids. So while my tracks are all correct (grids) in Serato, it doesn't line up correctly in SS. The first few bars line up, but then they gradually drift out. Im having difficulty creating shows with all my transition tracks. Does anyone know if Im perhaps doing something wrong? Without being able to set additional downbeats to keep the grid aligned how will the lights sync up to Serato's grid? Perhaps I'm missing something....

This sounds like something you should be asking SS for. They’re pretty good guys over there and can probably come up with a fix.
SoundSwitch Tech Support 11:20 PM - 21 January, 2018
Hey Acemc

Can you please email us on support@soundswitch.com and we will help you.

Talk soon.

Matt
Mike Sinclair 11:23 PM - 21 January, 2018
Quote:
Hey Acemc

Talk soon.

Matt

I too am awaiting the arrival of a SoundSwitch and can't WAIT to mess with it. Matt responded quickly to a couple of questions I had. I get the impression that this company cares about its customers. Good times!
acemc 1:09 AM - 22 January, 2018
Quote:
Hey Acemc

Talk soon.

Matt

I sent an email.
Thanks for the prompt response Matt
acemc 1:17 AM - 22 January, 2018
Quote:
I get the impression that this company cares about its customers. Good times!

I feel that way too. I had a couple of generic fixtures that weren't in the fixture library.
I sent an email & within an hour or so, I received an email telling me that the fixtures were added & I can just update the library. I was shocked at how quickly they added them. Even with tracking my order, I can see whats happening every step of the way!
With customer service like that..... Good times for sure!
acemc 8:16 AM - 29 January, 2018
Just an update for anyone that's interested.
I found that I had another _serato_ folder on the 2nd internal hdd (in dvd bay) of my mac.
It contained music that wasn't analysed when I created that copy. So even though I had analysed my music SoundSwitch was using the _serato_ folder on the 2nd hdd which had no analysed music. Once I relocated that folder, SS was following my beat grids correctly. I also finally received my hardware - it was held up at customs. One thing that I feel is lacking is a profile / fixture editor of some sort. Although the SS staff try their best to assist, the time differences between certain countries make things painfully slow via email. I had a gig this weekend, but was unable to use SS due to fixtures that weren't functioning correctly. I think there will be many brands of lights out there that aren't in their database. The chances of someone on the other side of the world needing a profile urgently is always going to be there. Giving us an option to create even just a generic fixture profile would make a massive difference.
Vagab0nd 4:22 AM - 30 January, 2018
These folks at SS are amazing. They have been there for me from jump. Adding fixtures, thanking ME for my support. Small business friendly. It’ll be sad once they blow up and take over the world. Haha.
I even asked them if there was a way to stop the pulsing glow of the box. I find it a little distracting. While it isn’t anything major, their reply gave me the impression they may try to find a fix for me.
If they don’t. I feel I could fix it with some gaff tape:)
Long and short solid product solid people behind it.
Marv Incredible 10:22 AM - 30 January, 2018
Anyone got any footage of the light shows you've created with this?
acemc 11:45 PM - 31 January, 2018
I'm slowly but surely learning the software.
It doesn't take long to get the basics down, but there is a lot that one isn't aware of until you spend some time with it (and watch loads of video's). After spending some time playing with it I can say that it really does have HUGE potential! I do think there is still quite a lot of ground to cover and we certainly need to be given more manual control over our fixtures. My biggest headache at the moment is dealing with all the other controls that aren't your basic colour & intensity (think of modes, auto programs, sound active etc...) via attribute cues. You can't copy & paste these either, so it's cumbersome to set them every time you might want to change something, but I honestly think that it's just gonna get better & better as time goes on. The entire team are extremely helpful and make you feel good to be part of it. So although I haven't used it much & still learning, I'm very happy with my purchase. Big up to SS!!
Obxkarlitos 12:55 AM - 8 February, 2018
I am excited to rin SS in as my main lighting controller for the 2018 season! I have a couple of questions...

1. Are programs shareable? Let's say that I program an awesome light show for the gigbar2 for 24 Karat Magic. Can I share this here or on a different forum?

2. How do I access the different sound active modes for the gigbar2? The biggest challenge for me has been trying to figure out how to set up my more complex lighting fixtures.

3. Is anyone else using some of the buttons on their DDJ SX for activating specific functions? What about a drum pad?

4. Has anyone else encountered only one of four decks actually syncing the light show? Only deck one was working my past several events. I tried updating the program, (soundswitch), the DDJ SX drivers, Serato, azio, Windows, Etc. None of these fixed the issue. Until I fix this issue, I am pretty much not able to use this product. I spent a lot of money on this so I'm hoping for some help with this one. Of course I know I need to contact support, but I am never in the office these days, and even when I am I don't even have internet there so I guess I'm just screwed unless you guys have some help. Thanks so much!
acemc 6:56 AM - 8 February, 2018
I'll try answer some of your questions, as I've spent the last 2 weeks learning as much as I can
1) Programs / scripts for specific tracks could only be shared if other users had the exact same track (mp3/ wave etc). See this video: Watchwww.youtube.com
2) Advanced features of fixtures are accessed via the "attribute cue" function. See this video: Watchwww.youtube.com
3) I'm using a MCX8000, I have mapped my sampler buttons (I don't use the sampler) to different Autoloops. See this video: Watchwww.youtube.com
4) I experienced this a few times, I think it might be a bug. I resolved it by changing the order in which I start things up. I start SDJ before starting SS, then things seem to function properly. However I'm using a mac, so can't really comment on this with windows.
I believe an update is on the way that will address a few bugs some of us have been experiencing, as well as adding a couple of new features too.
I hope this helps you a bit.
acemc 6:58 AM - 8 February, 2018
Here's the video for the connecting SS & SDJ: www.youtube.com
Obxkarlitos 10:07 AM - 8 February, 2018
This is excellent, thank you so much for taking the time to respond with such detail. I will try this and respond back,
Riddim Dojo 8:57 PM - 10 February, 2018
Quote:
I'll try answer some of your questions, as I've spent the last 2 weeks learning as much as I can
1) Programs / scripts for specific tracks could only be shared if other users had the exact same track (mp3/ wave etc). See this video: Watchwww.youtube.com
2) Advanced features of fixtures are accessed via the "attribute cue" function. See this video: Watchwww.youtube.com
3) I'm using a MCX8000, I have mapped my sampler buttons (I don't use the sampler) to different Autoloops. See this video: Watchwww.youtube.com
4) I experienced this a few times, I think it might be a bug. I resolved it by changing the order in which I start things up. I start SDJ before starting SS, then things seem to function properly. However I'm using a mac, so can't really comment on this with windows.
I believe an update is on the way that will address a few bugs some of us have been experiencing, as well as adding a couple of new features too.
I hope this helps you a bit.

Gets me more sold on SS for sure. Been following your comments on the other thread on the Denon issues. Hope they get fixed for sure as its the main thing holding me back from pulling the trigger on one.

RD
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:25 PM - 28 February, 2018
Soundswitch isn't loading up all my Serato crates contents.

I am trying to auto script some crates.

I have Serato library checked in the settings but some crates get populated with tracks whilst some are empty. I don't use iTunes.

I also noticed that if a crate has sub crates and I click on the parent crate it doesn't show all the tracks combined from the sub crates. Not a big deal but it will be handy as some of my parent crates started out as normal crates till I decide to add sub crates to define things a bit.
SoundSwitch Team 7:34 PM - 28 February, 2018
Hey Marv,

Which version of SoundSwitch are you running?

Talk soon.

Matt
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:28 AM - 1 March, 2018
Quote:
Hey Marv,

Which version of SoundSwitch are you running?

Talk soon.

Matt

High Sierra 10.13.3

Mid 17 macbook with touchbar
DJ Marv the Maverick 9:31 AM - 1 March, 2018
Whilst at it can you please add the Chauvet DJ 4BarLTUSB to the fixture library. It has 3 and 15 DMX.
SoundSwitch Team 7:38 PM - 1 March, 2018
Hey Marv,

That fixture is already listed in the library.
DJ Marv the Maverick 7:59 PM - 1 March, 2018
Quote:
Soundswitch isn't loading up all my Serato crates contents.

I am trying to auto script some crates.

I have Serato library checked in the settings but some crates get populated with tracks whilst some are empty. I don't use iTunes.

I also noticed that if a crate has sub crates and I click on the parent crate it doesn't show all the tracks combined from the sub crates. Not a big deal but it will be handy as some of my parent crates started out as normal crates till I decide to add sub crates to define things a bit.

So on further investigation I realised Soundswitch shows all tracks in parent crates (sub crates inclusive)

The issue is that its slow to populate tracks in Serato library. I actually left it on for about an hour or more and when I clicked on it the crates that didn't have tracks before now has.

Is this due to my library size (60k tracks) or that my library is on an external HD?

Quote:
Hey Marv,

That fixture is already listed in the library.

I sent an email regarding the fixture I want added. Customer support told me it was added and sent me a photo of the fixture library but that's the wrong fixture

Mine is this www.chauvetdj.com and the one in the library is this www.chauvetdj.com

Chauvet 4Bar LT USB and not Chauvet 4Bar Tri USB
SoundSwitch Team 8:10 PM - 1 March, 2018
Hey Marv,

No that mapping is correct. The mappings for the 4Bar LT and the 4Bar USB are exactly the same. If you compare the user manuals you will see the control channels are all the same.

Is your USB hard drive an SSD or standard?

Talk soon.
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:19 PM - 1 March, 2018
Quote:
Hey Marv,

No that mapping is correct. The mappings for the 4Bar LT and the 4Bar USB are exactly the same. If you compare the user manuals you will see the control channels are all the same.

Is your USB hard drive an SSD or standard?

Talk soon.

My external is a standard HD it's a 4TB G-Drive. Loads fine and works fine in Serato DJ.
djartj 5:09 AM - 10 March, 2018
Does anyone have any custom loops to share?
controversial 1:57 AM - 14 March, 2018
we need some one to share there custom loops... how do I change the gobos on my marq gesture 400? also how come I can't access my tracks on external drive to create premade shows?
controversial 2:02 AM - 14 March, 2018
@acem you are the man, thanks just saw your post... now I can change gobo!
DJ STR3AM 2:18 AM - 21 March, 2018
I just bought a SoundSwitch and I'm gonna use it in a fairly large club with a lot of different fixtures, been trying to play around with the software at home to get a feel for it, but since I don't have the fixtures here it's a bit hard to get a handle on things. Is there a way to basically copy what you've programmed for one song onto other songs to make the work flow easier? I play for about 5 hours straight, which means I have a LOT of music to get through. I'm also slightly confused about the auto loops, I already have 4 banks of auto loops, are there more banks in the software? How do I create my own banks? Can I download other people's banks too? It seems a bit more difficult than I anticipated, especially if I don't have all the fixtures right in front of me...
acemc 5:57 PM - 21 March, 2018
Having the correct fixtures & dmx addresses is very crucial to things working properly at the club. When you get to the club, just create a new venue, add all the fixtures & dmx values. Sound switch will work exactly as it has at home, except those fixtures will be doing the work. You can auto-script / manually script your tracks at home in the meantime using just the master track & visualiser. In the Preferences of SS, you can select a visualiser (although very basic) to get an idea of what the lights will be doing in time with the music. The master track affects ALL the fixtures. If you want other fixtures to do something else of be turned off, you need to select that specific fixture track & create an "intensity / position override". Auto loops are there for when you play a song that hasn't been scripted yet. The auto loops will automatically play when a track that hasn't been scripted is loaded onto a deck. You can specify the behaviour of the auto loops within the preferences, whether you want them to run random, run in order or just play the selected loop until a new one is selected. You can obviously create your own loops, but currently you cannot create your own banks. So you have a limit of 4 Banks which has 8 auto loops in each. I believe there is a way to share Autoloops, but I haven't tried/ done it yet. You can also create 'static looks' that you can midi map. It will override any scripted track when selected. It's very useful to create a couple of 'static looks' that aren't actually static - flashing lights, so if you play an auto-scripted track but you're not happy with the look of the script, you can just select that static look & have some basic flashing lights like you normally do. Hope this helps a bit.
DJ STR3AM 6:16 PM - 21 March, 2018
Quote:
Having the correct fixtures & dmx addresses is very crucial to things working properly at the club. When you get to the club, just create a new venue, add all the fixtures & dmx values. Sound switch will work exactly as it has at home, except those fixtures will be doing the work. You can auto-script / manually script your tracks at home in the meantime using just the master track & visualiser. In the Preferences of SS, you can select a visualiser (although very basic) to get an idea of what the lights will be doing in time with the music. The master track affects ALL the fixtures. If you want other fixtures to do something else of be turned off, you need to select that specific fixture track & create an "intensity / position override". Auto loops are there for when you play a song that hasn't been scripted yet. The auto loops will automatically play when a track that hasn't been scripted is loaded onto a deck. You can specify the behaviour of the auto loops within the preferences, whether you want them to run random, run in order or just play the selected loop until a new one is selected. You can obviously create your own loops, but currently you cannot create your own banks. So you have a limit of 4 Banks which has 8 auto loops in each. I believe there is a way to share Autoloops, but I haven't tried/ done it yet. You can also create 'static looks' that you can midi map. It will override any scripted track when selected. It's very useful to create a couple of 'static looks' that aren't actually static - flashing lights, so if you play an auto-scripted track but you're not happy with the look of the script, you can just select that static look & have some basic flashing lights like you normally do. Hope this helps a bit.

That definitely helps, I appreciate it!

We're basically revamping the whole light setup at the club and I'm doing all the programming and stuff for the lights, figured I'd also get a SoundSwitch to make things really vibe well with the music I'm playing. It just seems a bit daunting to go through thousands of tracks to program a show for all of them. I'll probably auto script a lot of them (figured out how to do that), and then edit them as I see fit.

Just as a clarification, can I make my own auto loops that are specific for our lights that would come on randomly if a song hadn't been scripted? My biggest worry is that I have a bunch of par lights, and a few ADJ mega bars that I don't want to randomly come on for more than some pulsing effects as they are crazy bright.

I think my biggest thing is that it would be nice to have created a sequence that you like that is pretty much "basic" for your sets of lights if that makes sense. Like, the moving heads are moving around, switching gobos and colors, the pars pulse a bit, the moon flowers come on randomly, etc. And then you can copy that to all tracks so that you know that you at least have something that looks good without having to go through and inspect every single track. Maybe that's what I should do with the autoloops?
acemc 6:38 PM - 21 March, 2018
Quote:
can I make my own auto loops that are specific for our lights that would come on randomly if a song hadn't been scripted?

For sure - thats exactly what the auto loops are for.
Quote:
it would be nice to have created a sequence that you like that is pretty much "basic" for your sets of lights if that makes sense

Thats why I mentioned the static looks. Although the name suggests that the lights are static - they don't have to be. Try create a few static looks for background "mood" lights & a couple of basic flashing scenes that you like (do this at the club so you can set the intensity to your liking).
Quote:
Maybe that's what I should do with the autoloops?

100% - Make some nice auto loops & midi map them, so you can turn them on whenever you want. As time goes by you will slowly start making progress getting the majority of what you play scripted the way you like.
acemc 7:17 PM - 21 March, 2018
If you need more help, just get in touch with Matt Watkins on the SoundSwitch facebook page. They are extremely helpful & I'm sure he will help you with anything you're uncertain of.
DJ STR3AM 12:04 AM - 22 March, 2018
Thanks, I do appreciate the help!

Been playing around with the software for a bit today (I got the hardware in today) and while it's a cool software, there are a lot of things that are quite annoying tbh. First, why can't I edit any of the Attribute Cues that I've put in? I can only make a new one from scratch, very annoying and slows down the process a lot - unless I'm missing something. I also wish I could copy and paste am Attribute Cue, and then edit that second cue instead of making news ones whenever I want a change in gobo or something (I have to reset every single slider every time, it takes forever). Second, I wish they had a duplicate button so that you can highlight what you want to duplicate and hit CMND + D and it just copies along the grid, it would be smoother than copy paste. Third, my colors seem to be a bit off, the colors in the software as well as the master preview don't match up with what my lights display. Also, is there any way that I can easily blackout specific lights for a long period? I saw the "Mute" key, but I can't automate when I want the light to be muted. I got around it by creating a fade and just dragging the bar down, but seems incredibly tedious to have to do that with every light I want to be dark for periods of time.

Lastly, I tried making a script for a track and when I played it back in Serato the colors worked fine, but none of the "flags" worked at all. So the positioning of my moving heads, as well as the changing of its gobos did not work - it sat in its default position and changed colors, that was it. It worked fine in the SoundSwitch software itself, it just didn't translate to Serato (yes I saved the track before switching). Anyone else have had this issue?

Gonna contact Matt about these things too, but waiting for an answer regarding some other things first, so figured I'd ask about some of these things here.
acemc 12:25 AM - 22 March, 2018
The attribute cue's (as far as I know) is going to be redesigned to work in a similar way that the position flags work now, so that will change to speed up the process drastically. In order to edit an attribute cue, you should be able to right click on it & change whatever you want. SS also has something called 'Master Block & Link Block' which allows you to simply drag to the right & everything copies. Whatever you do to the master block will be copied over to the link blocks. See here: Watchwww.youtube.com
Regarding the position flags, did you actually setup your positions? Double click one of the positions on the left, it'll open up another window, select your fixture, and move it to the position you want. Do that with all your moving fixtures in all the different positions. Your lights should move according to which ever position the play head passes. Unfortunately there isn't a user manual for SS, but there are a lot of youtube tutorials. That's how I learnt. Well, that and lots of messing around.
DJ STR3AM 12:30 AM - 22 March, 2018
Quote:
The attribute cue's (as far as I know) is going to be redesigned to work in a similar way that the position flags work now, so that will change to speed up the process drastically. In order to edit an attribute cue, you should be able to right click on it & change whatever you want. SS also has something called 'Master Block & Link Block' which allows you to simply drag to the right & everything copies. Whatever you do to the master block will be copied over to the link blocks. See here: Watchwww.youtube.com
Regarding the position flags, did you actually setup your positions? Double click one of the positions on the left, it'll open up another window, select your fixture, and move it to the position you want. Do that with all your moving fixtures in all the different positions. Your lights should move according to which ever position the play head passes. Unfortunately there isn't a user manual for SS, but there are a lot of youtube tutorials. That's how I learnt. Well, that and lots of messing around.

Cool, will look into the Master Block thing! Not sure why the Attribute Cue couldn't be edited for me, I could only create a new one whenever I right clicked, didn't have an option to edit it.

Regarding the flags, yes the positions were definitely set, when I played the track within the SoundSwitch software the head was moving around fine, same when I set an Attribute Cue and changed gobos, they changed fine within the SoundSwitch software. It was only when I saved the track and switched modes, and loaded the song up in Serato that the head wasn't moving anymore, and no gobo was displayed either. The colors changed like they did within the SS software, but it just sat in default position and changed colors.
acemc 12:41 AM - 22 March, 2018
Quote:
It was only when I saved the track and switched modes, and loaded the song up in Serato that the head wasn't moving anymore

That doesn't sound normal, you'll have to ask Matt about it. Also about the colours being off.
Most of the fixture profiles are made by the SS team, but they can't actually test them all for obvious reasons. So maybe your fixture profile isn't quite right. I've had a few that didn't function in the software the way I felt it should & they simply made an edited version of the fixture for me that worked the way I wanted it to. So if there is a problem with that they'll sort it out for you in no time at all. SS is a very cool app, but it's also still very new. So there are things that will be added as time goes on when the users are asking for it. I'm currently waiting for 4-deck control, I know it will come. I personally would like a little more hands on control over my lighting though. I think that is the biggest set-back for new users coming from regular DMX software like ShowXpress etc...
DJ STR3AM 12:47 AM - 22 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
It was only when I saved the track and switched modes, and loaded the song up in Serato that the head wasn't moving anymore

That doesn't sound normal, you'll have to ask Matt about it. Also about the colours being off.
Most of the fixture profiles are made by the SS team, but they can't actually test them all for obvious reasons. So maybe your fixture profile isn't quite right. I've had a few that didn't function in the software the way I felt it should & they simply made an edited version of the fixture for me that worked the way I wanted it to. So if there is a problem with that they'll sort it out for you in no time at all. SS is a very cool app, but it's also still very new. So there are things that will be added as time goes on when the users are asking for it. I'm currently waiting for 4-deck control, I know it will come. I personally would like a little more hands on control over my lighting though. I think that is the biggest set-back for new users coming from regular DMX software like ShowXpress etc...

I sent an email with my issues, so hopefully they'll get back to me soon. I do appreciate your help though!

And yeah, it feels like a very new software just working with it. I'm so used to working in DAWs like Ableton and stuff, and they've been around forever, so it's a bit... jarring to run across a lot of issues. Especially since I did pay quite a premium to use it. I see a lot of potential, I just don't know if I'll be able to really use it at its full potential because I simply don't have the time to program thousands of tracks manually, especially not with the (semi clunky) interface they have right now. Hopefully it'll get better and as long as the issue with my moving head not working in Serato is solved then I'll at least use it.
DJ STR3AM 1:02 AM - 22 March, 2018
I feel stupid... I didn't have my DJ controller connected, and I haven't upgraded to Serato Pro yet, so my faders weren't up and that's why the light wasn't responding as it should. It works fine now!
DJ STR3AM 1:33 PM - 22 March, 2018
Ok, just have to say this (sorry for triple posting), the support SoundSwitch has been giving me in just a couple of days is absolutely amazing! Not only are they going out of their way to respond to all my questions and try to resolve some of the issues I'm having, but they also seem extremely open to suggestions and criticism on how to improve their software. I'm very positive about this product now after initially being a bit skeptical!
acemc 2:11 PM - 22 March, 2018
Quote:
the support SoundSwitch has been giving me in just a couple of days is absolutely amazing!

Totally dude! - I've never received such great support before!!
DANGERUST 5:35 AM - 18 April, 2018
This question may sound silly or maybe has been asked before but can you mix suppliers of lights. I have got chauvet lights but thinking about buying some Beamz smoke machines.
Thanks
controversial 4:01 PM - 18 April, 2018
yes you can add other suppliers/companies into your shows like ADJ and Chauvet, I even have some Chinese pars running with no issues
DANGERUST 6:52 PM - 18 April, 2018
Sweet thanks
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:38 PM - 3 May, 2018
Denon DJ buys Soundswitch www.digitaldjtips.com
acemc 8:40 PM - 3 May, 2018
Huge news. I already purchased soundswitch. Lets hope they manage to do something with the 8000's stage link port now!!
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:47 PM - 3 May, 2018
Quote:
Huge news. I already purchased soundswitch. Lets hope they manage to do something with the 8000's stage link port now!!

TBH I really think they should move on from the 8000 lol.

3 years on folks still having buggy hardware.

I have had a look at RKBX Light stuff and I like the implementation in that it's all in one software running every thing...now I don't know how that affects stability as I've never used RKBX for anything serious before.
acemc 8:50 PM - 3 May, 2018
I get what you're saying, but it was a selling feature of the unit that has never been implemented. Many of us would like to see it utilised. Lets just hope inMusic doesn't F*** it up!!
CalebGrayson 8:27 PM - 5 May, 2018
new 1.6 is pretty awesome with Ableton Link. been using it with my non-Serato software
DJmatt123 9:14 PM - 28 May, 2018
I've been trying to register so I can download soundswitch and I have not received any activation emails. Should it take days to receive the email?
acemc 10:06 AM - 29 May, 2018
Quote:
Should it take days to receive the email?

No not at all. The guy there are normally very on top of things.
However inMusic have actually just purchased SS, so maybe they've got their hands full with the whole changeover etc... Perhaps go on the facebook page and ask over there.
DJmatt123 5:42 AM - 30 May, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Should it take days to receive the email?

No not at all. The guy there are normally very on top of things.
However inMusic have actually just purchased SS, so maybe they've got their hands full with the whole changeover etc... Perhaps go on the facebook page and ask over there.

Thanks, will do!
iamkuhlio 12:42 AM - 8 June, 2018

Dude! THANK YOU for putting together those videos. I've absorbed all the official tutorials at least a few times now and have this almost completely down now. I finished up a pretty impressive light show for "Ignition [Remix]" late last night, and am absolutely loving the potential I'm seeing after just scratching the surface over multiple days this week.

I will say there is DEFINITELY a learning curve, whether you've used other software or not. But between the official tutorial videos on YouTube, their AMAZING support staff (seriously you guys, they created a fixture profile for me over holiday weekend that appeared in the software within a few minutes of me sending them the PDF of the manual), helpful tips and videos from guys like you right here in the forums, and a little bit of trial and error and exploration, you can and will have a lot of fun with this software.

I can't wait to see where they take this over the next few years. Anybody know if they've added or plan on adding elastic beat grids yet? Can't seem to find a way to manage that within SS yet, and don't currently know of a way to do it in Serato DJ if it exists.
iamkuhlio 12:43 AM - 8 June, 2018
Quote:

Dude! acemc, THANK YOU for putting together those videos. I've absorbed all the official tutorials at least a few times now and have this almost completely down now. I finished up a pretty impressive light show for "Ignition [Remix]" late last night, and am absolutely loving the potential I'm seeing after just scratching the surface over multiple days this week.

I will say there is DEFINITELY a learning curve, whether you've used other software or not. But between the official tutorial videos on YouTube, their AMAZING support staff (seriously you guys, they created a fixture profile for me over holiday weekend that appeared in the software within a few minutes of me sending them the PDF of the manual), helpful tips and videos from guys like you right here in the forums, and a little bit of trial and error and exploration, you can and will have a lot of fun with this software.

I can't wait to see where they take this over the next few years. Anybody know if they've added or plan on adding elastic beat grids yet? Can't seem to find a way to manage that within SS yet, and don't currently know of a way to do it in Serato DJ if it exists.
iamkuhlio 12:44 AM - 8 June, 2018
Oops, now I'm that guy who's just figuring out how to use a forum for the first time. X-)
DJ Beats Point 2:56 AM - 14 June, 2018
I was just wondering before I go out and buy the SS, can it actually do all the effects for swarm 5 and any other FX lighting? I hope the SS can being it has been out for 2 years.
acemc 8:59 AM - 14 June, 2018
DJ Beats Point - Im sure they (SS) can make a fixture profile for you that will allow full control of any light you ask of them. However the control will be via something called "attribute cues" which is extremely painful to use at the moment. There is no way to copy & paste any "att cues" that you have created, so every single time you want that one specific effect, you have to: right click, select "attribute cue", select the fixture you want to use, scroll through & select one of the effects of that fixture, then use a slider & select between 0-255. This is a huge pain in the ass & after 2 tracks of doing this, you end up saying... Fuck that!!
Also - Please note that as it stands right now, SS can only operate 2 decks at a time.
And sadly it's not just any 2 decks of your choice, it's either decks 1&2 or 3&4.
This is a setting you have to make inside SS prior to use. What this means is, that if you are using a 4-deck controller & you have set it to decks 1&2, if you happen to change to either of the other 2 decks during the night........ DARKNESS!!! This is something I actually was told was working when I purchased the unit - Only to discover it wasn't. The facebook group although helpful, is starting to remind me very much of the old DenonDj Forum. Where if you have anything other than praises to say it gets deleted. And you get removed from the group!!
Lol - Just in case you haven't noticed, I am really disappointed with them!
popnwave 6:54 PM - 14 June, 2018
^^ that's a bummer. I can understand stuff that is toxic getting removed, but legitimate complaints and critiques should be left alone if a company wants to be respected.

The lighting control field has certainly blossomed, but if you look at the Pioneer product there's a lot of crickets on their forums as well. Really feels like you are on your own figuring these things out.
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:35 AM - 15 June, 2018
Just came across what could be a cheaper and more practical alternative.

Lightrider + Sushi DS + Android Tablet
Chino 6:53 PM - 15 June, 2018
Quote:

I'm now using something similar-the American DJ AirStream DMX with an iPad. My moving heads, Chauvet Wash FX2s & uplights can all be controlled wirelessly via the iPad synced up via wifi from the AirStream box itself.

It's by far the easiest DMX programing system I ever used!
DANGERUST 8:25 AM - 22 June, 2018
Hi, I'm thinking of buying beamZ Smoke Machine s2000 will you be adding this to your list? Thanks
the smooth operator 8:03 AM - 26 June, 2018
Wow glad this forum is up to date. I just got the sound switch and got them to work with most might fixtures except for the scorpion lasers and the swarm 5 fx. Previously i used qlc with an ipad with triggered scenes and chases. I am very impressed and barely scratching the surface. I used the autoscript feature and its very dynamic with the beat. I'd recommened S
oundSwitch
Beachside Entertainment 4:00 AM - 3 August, 2018
Soundswitch is very powerful software, but has some limitations I hope will be addressed asap. It is best for washes and autoscripting works really well with them. The limits are more obvious when it comes to moving heads, gobos, patterns, special effect lights and blackouts for all. Most of the lights in your rig will be to be on all the time, unless you go back and override the scripts with blackouts by using a color picker. Kind of a backwards approach. All the lights will be on following your master track color selection and pulse intensities. From there you can blackout some fixtures by choosing black for a color. I see a Mute and Solo button in the edit field but not available on the fly whilst programming and running shows because it runs in the backround. More efforts are needed to midi map properly. Currently my ADJ Focus Spot 3z's are purple when I choose black because it chooses the next closest color in the colorwheel. Really? I cannot blackout these lights? No Blackout button other than a hot key that blacks out the whole rig. This can be so much better if they had more midi overrides especially with faders. ANother issue I have with this software is the limits of mood control when scripting. Intensity is mistaken for dimming. Lower intensity really only dims the result, but I could just do that with the midi mappable master fader, which I'm grateful for. IMO, intensity range should include the amount of chase and flash, but chases sadly aren't part of the autoscript process. You have to manually add them. Another critique would be the moving head positions. If you use multiple moving head fixtures they are all to be set up together. You cannot rearrange the order of your positions. Oh, and the library sucks. If you want to erase your scripts you have to rught click each one individually to delete them one by one. Takes forever if you autoscripted thousnds of tracks and then deleted your positions for your moving heads. Now they all just face down, so I have to rescript them. If you can batch auto script, you should be able to batch select crates and folders to unscript. COOL SOFTWARE, BUT SEEMS AS IF IT WAS RUSHED TO PRODUCTION!!!! Hope the team at SS doesn't hate me for this review because I really am excited about the future of this company.
Ben Raw 5:30 AM - 8 August, 2018
Hi All,
I am very interested in the Soundswitch gear, checked out the vids and reviews but have a question on how easy it is to set up and get going?

My rig at the moment is:
2x Core 3x3 (Chauvet)
2x Intimidator 255 movrs (Chauvet)
2x LED PARs (BeamZ)
1x Laser Effect

Any help would be awseome, cheers
Aptidda 4:05 PM - 8 August, 2018
Quote:
Hi All,
I am very interested in the Soundswitch gear, checked out the vids and reviews but have a question on how easy it is to set up and get going?

My rig at the moment is:
2x Core 3x3 (Chauvet)
2x Intimidator 255 movrs (Chauvet)
2x LED PARs (BeamZ)
1x Laser Effect

Any help would be awseome, cheers

Excellent! It's easy, buy the unit open the software and program the lights.

That's about it, good luck.
Ben Raw 6:53 AM - 10 August, 2018
Awesome, thanks.

I'm in Australia, is there anywhere that sell them?
I haven't been able to see any at my local stores...
Aptidda 3:20 PM - 10 August, 2018
Quote:
Awesome, thanks.

I'm in Australia, is there anywhere that sell them?
I haven't been able to see any at my local stores...

Ya sure! There is this resource called the internet;

"The Internet is the global system of interconnected computer networks that use the Internet protocol suite (TCP/IP) to link devices worldwide. It is a network of networks that consists of private, public, academic, business, and government networks of local to global scope, linked by a broad array of electronic, wireless, and optical networking technologies. The Internet carries a vast range of information resources and services, such as the inter-linked hypertext documents and applications of the World Wide Web (WWW), electronic mail, telephony, and file sharing.

The origins of the Internet date back to research commissioned by the federal government of the United States in the 1960s to build robust, fault-tolerant communication with computer networks. The primary precursor network, the ARPANET, initially served as a backbone for interconnection of regional academic and military networks in the 1980s. The funding of the National Science Foundation Network as a new backbone in the 1980s, as well as private funding for other commercial extensions, led to worldwide participation in the development of new networking technologies, and the merger of many networks.[2] The linking of commercial networks and enterprises by the early 1990s marks the beginning of the transition to the modern Internet, and generated a sustained exponential growth as generations of institutional, personal, and mobile computers were connected to the network. Although the Internet was widely used by academia since the 1980s, the commercialization incorporated its services and technologies into virtually every aspect of modern life.

Most traditional communications media, including telephony, radio, television, paper mail and newspapers are reshaped, redefined, or even bypassed by the Internet, giving birth to new services such as email, Internet telephony, Internet television, online music, digital newspapers, and video streaming websites. Newspaper, book, and other print publishing are adapting to website technology, or are reshaped into blogging, web feeds and online news aggregators. The Internet has enabled and accelerated new forms of personal interactions through instant messaging, Internet forums, and social networking. Online shopping has grown exponentially both for major retailers and small businesses and entrepreneurs, as it enables firms to extend their "brick and mortar" presence to serve a larger market or even sell goods and services entirely online. Business-to-business and financial services on the Internet affect supply chains across entire industries.

The Internet has no centralized governance in either technological implementation or policies for access and usage; each constituent network sets its own policies. Only the overreaching definitions of the two principal name spaces in the Internet, the Internet Protocol address (IP address) space and the Domain Name System (DNS), are directed by a maintainer organization, the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN). The technical underpinning and standardization of the core protocols is an activity of the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF), a non-profit organization of loosely affiliated international participants that anyone may associate with by contributing technical expertise
acemc 4:10 PM - 11 August, 2018
Quote:
Ya sure! There is this resource called the internet

Hahahaha - I almost fell of my chair with laughter!!!
Funny shit dude!
Riddim Dojo 7:19 PM - 27 August, 2018
Quote:

Does the Sushi DS just plug into the Android tablet via a USB adapter?
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:17 PM - 27 August, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Yes.
Riddim Dojo 10:26 PM - 27 August, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes.

Thanks.
Senorray 6:48 PM - 13 December, 2018
Just bought this, comes in today and am excited to use it! Any one have some custom loops for 4 ADJ Focus 3 Zs, by chance? Early thanks in advance!!!
CalebGrayson 8:53 PM - 13 December, 2018
You know, i wished there was more community file sharing like this, but people's lighting rigs are so different i can see why it's not so useful.

really, the loops are quite easy to program, but with Serato you can now do batch auto-scripting. there's also a bunch of loops built in. you can just modify those as they really only work on the Master track.

what you're going to want to do is make 4 or more positions for your movers and then go to those autoloops and insert those positions.

Quote:
Just bought this, comes in today and am excited to use it! Any one have some custom loops for 4 ADJ Focus 3 Zs, by chance? Early thanks in advance!!!
DJ Intrigue 10:08 PM - 13 December, 2018
SoundSwitch is PURE FUCKING TRASH! Buy a decent DMX controller and quit being so god damn fucking lazy you goons.
DJ Reflex 5:05 AM - 14 December, 2018
^^ Will you ever go away? Either add something constructive to the conversation or just bugger off.
DJ Intrigue 4:20 PM - 14 December, 2018
Quote:
^^ Will you ever go away? Either add something constructive to the conversation or just bugger off.

Or what DJ Reflex? Gonna use your kung fu reflexes and karate chop me?
citi 10:33 PM - 16 December, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Or what DJ Reflex? Gonna use your kung fu reflexes and karate chop me?

He's not wrong man. If you don't like it, cool, don't use it, but you don't have to disrespect people. I bought it, used it, kept trying to get it to where I wanted it to be but I never could so I bought something else, and now I'm happy...BUT If someone else wanted to keep trying that's their right.
CalebGrayson 11:16 PM - 16 December, 2018
@Citi— what do you use instead?
DJ Reflex 3:13 AM - 17 December, 2018
Quote:

LightKey (for Mac) is decent. I use it with a MIDI controller like Korg or APC. It works well with movers and uplights.
DJ Reflex 3:14 AM - 17 December, 2018
I also use Pangolin Quickshow on PC. This is primarily laser software, but it does do DMX.
citi 4:48 AM - 17 December, 2018
Quote:

I’ve been using Lightrider on iPad wirelessly connected to the adj WiFi bridge. It has preset movements, full control over colors gobos and movements etc. it doesn’t to custom shows but that’s ok. The defaults are really good. I just don’t have time to program each song and each fixture. Too much headache.
CalebGrayson 5:05 AM - 17 December, 2018
but none of those have autoloops that beat sync.
i actually came to Serato from Traktor because SoundSwitch beat synchronizes autoloops. it now does batch auto script, too, but for moble the autoloops are several steps above everyone else and i don’t have to hit next or whatever with random and 4 banks of 8. i was using QLC+ before with a MIDI click so it was in time, but now with Ableton LINK i can use SS with Traktor.
DJ Marv the Maverick 11:46 AM - 17 December, 2018
I used Soundswitch this weekend at a wedding.

It's come a long way and the autoloops are the key. You don't even need to autoscript any songs. Just ensure your tracks have grids in Serato. You can still script individual tracks if you want to.

The 32 autoloops go a long way.

They even added a fixture for me over the weekend!

It was a simple light set up, I had to move in after the band, I did all the position set up at home and hoped for the best lol. It worked out.

I used it with just a pair of ADJ Pocket Pro and wireless dmx dongle.

I have the lightrider app and dongle as well but didn't use that.
acemc 10:11 AM - 21 December, 2018
Quote:

Have they added 4 deck control yet?
I actually sold mine because it didn't have that.
Deejay SmooVe 7:48 AM - 19 February, 2019
I cannot get my crates to load in SoundSwitch 1.8. I have my songs (86k) on an external USB 3.1 gen 2 HDD that works fast without in SDJP 2.1. If I load a crate with more than about 40 songs in it, then it just stays blank, without any kind of loading or thinking icons. Any help?
SoundSwitch Tech Support 10:32 PM - 7 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Have they added 4 deck control yet?
I actually sold mine because it didn't have that.

Yes this was added 2 version back.
SoundSwitch Tech Support 10:33 PM - 7 March, 2019
Quote:
I cannot get my crates to load in SoundSwitch 1.8. I have my songs (86k) on an external USB 3.1 gen 2 HDD that works fast without in SDJP 2.1. If I load a crate with more than about 40 songs in it, then it just stays blank, without any kind of loading or thinking icons. Any help?

As your library is large, you need to let SoundSwitch index all the tracks this only happens the first time.

If you need further support email us directly on support@soundswitch.com
SoundSwitch Tech Support 10:34 PM - 7 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

I’ve been using Lightrider on iPad wirelessly connected to the adj WiFi bridge. It has preset movements, full control over colors gobos and movements etc. it doesn’t to custom shows but that’s ok. The defaults are really good. I just don’t have time to program each song and each fixture. Too much headache.

Citi, SoundSwitch has never required you to create a light show for each and very song.

The Autoloops feature loads and syncs lighting scenes for you automatically. This has been mentioned a number of times.
citi 5:16 AM - 8 March, 2019
I know the capabilities of Soundswitch, I've been using it since you first came out with it. There's nothing wrong with soundswitch autoloops, they just don't work for me. Which means I have to program new auto loops to do what I need them to do. This is a limitation for me, not for everyone. My light setup may be completely different from someone else, 1.8 added a lot of features that were needed so I may check it out again, but in the past I had to work around the issues more than I wanted to. I'm a DJ first, lighting guy second.

With lightrider, it's very easy to change parameters on the fly, change movements on the fly, gobos, directions etc. I'm always at different venues so I need that control. Sure, it doesn't come close to the granular options of sound switch but it works for what I need.
DANGERUST 7:24 AM - 8 March, 2019
Here a helpful video youtu.be
citi 7:55 AM - 8 March, 2019
Thank you Dangerust but I'm good. I know how to use the product, that's not my issue.
Chromie Pants 12:02 AM - 13 September, 2019
Quote:

Heya! Have they added a fixture editor yet?
the smooth operator 2:59 AM - 25 October, 2019
Quote:
SoundSwitch is PURE FUCKING TRASH! Buy a decent DMX controller and quit being so god damn fucking lazy you goons.

lol yoooo i midi mapped qlc with a custom ipad midi config in lemur. it was a fuckin tast to program any new fixture. i'm a dj i do lights and other shit to add to the show. i like being able seamlessly add dope shit with little effort while i work on my mixing and music selection. just an opinion. i was spending as much time programming as practicing and sorting music before sound switch. its dope
DJ Quartz 8:27 PM - 26 March, 2020
Version 2.2 is out now....

youtu.be