Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

ANYONE KNOW THIS ANSWER??????

Product
Scratch Live
Version
-
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
-
OS
Platform
-
Dj Hazmat 8:28 PM - 30 May, 2006
should a laptop use a external or internal hard drive when using serato....
DJ Unique 9:09 PM - 30 May, 2006
You can use either.
If you have the space, internal would be ideal though.

I use an external Firewire HD and it works great for me.
mister iLL 11:35 PM - 30 May, 2006
internal is technically a bit simpler. you don't have to tell the computer where to "look" for info
Dj KaGeN 4:48 AM - 31 May, 2006
I think a large internal would be easier to maintain and there would certainly be LESS wiring going on. Get a sizable external to buckup your internal library.
Dj KaGeN 4:48 AM - 31 May, 2006
buckup = BACKUP.. lol
djxatl 6:59 AM - 31 May, 2006
i use my external for backup only, its good piece of mind to have your library on two seperate disks
Rane, Support
Zach S 6:38 PM - 31 May, 2006
If you do choose to go with an external, its better to get a firewire drive opposed to USB. Less fussy.
DeezNotes 7:18 PM - 31 May, 2006
It's personal preference OR technical limitation.

Some people have laptop drives that are small and cannot fit their library on the internal, so they must use an external. Some just prefer to use an external because that's how they feel. Some do it because they saw their favorite DJ do it.

I use my internal. Less points of failure. Plenty of space. No extra cords or power outlets needed. Nothing to leave at home or leave behind at a gig, get stolen, drop, crash, etc. Faster song load speeds.

I use an external for backup purposes. I synch my library to it and keep it in a fire-proof safe. All these hours of tag editing, overview building, recording from vinyl and CD ripping will not be lost.

Last but not least, they have externals with both USB and Firewire.
nik39 8:07 PM - 31 May, 2006
Quote:
ANYONE KNOW THIS ANSWER??????

I think the answer to your question is

Sorry, couldnt resist ;)
krazyk 8:49 PM - 31 May, 2006
that's funny!!!