Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ

DJ J-ROB 10:55 PM - 24 June, 2016
What's up Serato Family.
I have a question that hopefully someone can help me out with.
This may be an obvious question, but is there any performance difference between the free and paid versions of Serato DJ?

Thanks
Laz219 12:04 AM - 25 June, 2016
Depends what you mean by performance differences?
DJ J-ROB 12:30 AM - 25 June, 2016
Sometimes, the waveforms will freeze up during a track load,or after a scratch routine. I have nothing else on the laptop other than SDJ, and the laptops specs are more than enough for the program. I'm curious to know is that a common issue, or only relegated to the free download version.
Laz219 2:06 AM - 25 June, 2016
Performance is basically the same between the versions, if anything the paid version has a chance to need more resources if you start to add expansion packs (PnT for example is very resource intensive)

What are the specs of the laptop, and have you optimized it for use with SDJ?
DJ J-ROB 2:15 AM - 25 June, 2016
HP Elitebook 8570p
i7 processor with 8GB Ram
500 gb hard drive
Passport 1 TB external hard drive

Nothing but SDJ loaded on laptop, wifi disconnected.

Would appreciate any optimization tips that you can provide,because I may have missed something.
Laz219 2:21 AM - 25 June, 2016
Check this link for some tips direct from Serato:
support.serato.com
pdidy 10:11 PM - 26 June, 2016
Start with DPC latency checker to immediately see if there is an issue.
Watchwww.youtube.com
Hanginon 12:04 PM - 27 June, 2016
You using a controller, which one?

If so, is the controller self powered, USB powered, or hub powered?

Also, are you using the USB 3.0 ports on the right side of the laptop for the controller and the external HD?

What version of Windows?
DJ J-ROB 12:31 PM - 27 June, 2016
I'm using the NS7(usb powered), yes on the right side usb ports, and windows 7 professional.
I just deleted all the files that wouldn't analyze from the crates, and will download them again. When I went to my external hard drive folders and attempted to delete the files from there, a msg came up saying,"An unexpected error is keeping you from deleting the file.Error 0x80070570: The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable." So, now I need to delete them an can't. Any suggestions? Even though they're not showing as being corrupted on SDJ, apparently they are ..............
DJ J-ROB 12:32 PM - 27 June, 2016
and*
DJ Ravien 6:18 AM - 5 July, 2016
In my experience Serato Intro is less memory / CPU intensive then full serato.

I used to use Intro when I first bought my mixtrack 2 pro and ran ok on my windows laptop. I later purchased and SZ and full Serato would not run at all. Ended up switching to traktor until I got my hands on a better laptop. Only to end up breaking down and buying a macbook a couple years down the road. >.<

Not saying this will be the same in your case. Just what happened in my experience.