DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Alchimie Zinc and Windows 10

Jesse I 11:03 PM - 15 June, 2016
As Serato still hasn't introduced a folder-sync feature (and I don't use iTunes) I've been using the third-party program Alchimie Zinc to mirror my music folders as crates in Serato DJ & Scratch Live.

I'm using Windows 7 currently, and Alchimie works perfectly, but I'd like to start using Windows 10, and I note that it's not listed as a supported operating system for Alchemie. Has anyone on Windows 10 actually tried using Alchimie Zinc? If so, did it work?

I emailed Alchimie but got no response. I get the feeling they may have pretty much abandoned the software, as there hasn't been any kind of update for a long time now.
DJ Quartz 1:18 PM - 16 June, 2016
Hi Jesse,

I use Alchemie Zinc daily but on Win 7 as well. To be honest I don't think you will have a problem.

What I suggest though since I've done this for other software on newer operating systems as a test.

Right click on the the installer executable and set the compatibility mode to Windows 7.

The run it, either way it technically should work fine because I haven't really seen too much compatibility issues with Win 7 applications on Win 10.
Jesse I 1:42 AM - 17 June, 2016
Thanks Quartz, I appreciate the reply. I actually didn't know about the compatibility mode option, so that was a nice tip.

I bit the bullet and upgraded to Win 10, and Alchemie seems to work okay, thankfully!

Now I just need to work out how to re-activate it, as I don't really want to have to pay for it a second time, and I can't find the original activation code they sent me. And they don't seem to respond to emails. But that's another issue altogether... :)
DJ Quartz 1:50 AM - 17 June, 2016
Scour your email if you can, it will be in the original email.
Jesse I 12:50 AM - 22 June, 2016
I never heard back from Alchimie. Seems they've abandoned support for the software. Shame.

I did find my code in email though, and after using Alchimie Zinc multiple times now I can confirm that it works perfectly on Windows 10.
DJ Quartz 12:53 AM - 22 June, 2016
Right on, I'm not sure what is going on there. I haven't heard anything for a long long time.
ghettostar 5:49 PM - 27 April, 2019
Hi can someone please help me with a link to get alchimie zinc for windows please I have tried every where to get it
Culprit 7:07 AM - 30 April, 2019
If they abandoned it do they still keep selling it? I purchased it had problems and sent emails got no response.
ghettostar 11:11 AM - 30 April, 2019
Quote:
If they abandoned it do they still keep selling it? I purchased it had problems and sent emails got no response.

Can you let me know what there email is
ghettostar 2:49 PM - 30 April, 2019
I just want to make it clear I want to pay alchimie zinc with the activation code
DJNG1907 11:12 PM - 12 June, 2019
Have anyone a Link to Downaload Alchimie Zinc ?
MarcosDJ1991 5:18 AM - 17 July, 2019
Link download???
Culprit 5:57 AM - 17 July, 2019
MarcosDJ1991 5:00 AM - 14 August, 2019
como configurar mi alchimie en windows? no me crea las carpetas en el serato
JamieC1 4:54 PM - 26 March, 2020
Hey

Since they are out of business, I have packaged up the program and my license file. I too have lost the email.

Tested ok on W10

Enjoy

mega.nz!8aJDGKYT!BLhZd2wYVbm3YFfhkzERNS0KqychH4Pre_599mGxpxs
JamieC1 4:58 PM - 26 March, 2020
it strips out the correct link

after the .nz put a forward slash followed by the hash symbol
JamieC1 5:13 PM - 26 March, 2020
mega.nz/#!8aJDGKYT!BLhZd2wYVbm3YFfhkzERNS0KqychH4Pre_599mGxpxs
Icy_FiestA 4:41 AM - 18 April, 2020
Does anybody the .DMG file for a mac?