Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

OSX 10.12 Sierra Compability & Serato DJ

RPP Sound 8:57 PM - 15 June, 2016
So El Capitan and Serato compatibility was nothing short of a disaster. Do we anticipate any improvements with the latest OSX release currently in beta? Its been a miserable saga having to go back to Yosemite twice. Are serato DJ users going to be stuck using old operating systems? As a DJ I need my computer to function in a variety of capacities not just a music player controller. I really do hope the compatibility issues improve. Thoughts?
LJ_WOOLSEY 9:26 PM - 15 June, 2016
It's June 15th! not End September!
pdidy 9:38 PM - 15 June, 2016
If you have a variety of capacities that a priority to you then buy another mac for those capacities or partition your current Mac and run any OS X you want. Problem solved.
dj zaza 9:39 PM - 15 June, 2016
But why come as early to conclusions. We are only at the first beta and people already asking whether it is compatible or not . It was often said to wait serato ufficializzi compatibility . IO serato use on Mac with El Capitan and on windows 10 in bootcamp no problem with any of the two operating systems . Indeed it seems to run better on Windows than on osx . So dear RPP Sound not pull conclusions . I 'm sorry you had problems with Serato and El Capitan , I fortunately after the release of drivers for the 62 I had no more problems .
popnwave 10:02 PM - 15 June, 2016
Quote:
So El Capitan and Serato compatibility was nothing short of a disaster. Do we anticipate any improvements with the latest OSX release currently in beta? Its been a miserable saga having to go back to Yosemite twice. Are serato DJ users going to be stuck using old operating systems? As a DJ I need my computer to function in a variety of capacities not just a music player controller. I really do hope the compatibility issues improve. Thoughts?

Just wondering, what requires El Cap... I work with developers and in the govt and there are still no apps, suites, or anything else that force anyone to use that abomination. Looking at macOS Sierra late in the year, why even worry about that road map until a public beta (that does not require a developer account) at least drops.
pdidy 11:28 PM - 15 June, 2016
Quote:
Do we anticipate any improvements with the latest OSX release currently in beta?

67.media.tumblr.com
Joe Fresh 4:52 AM - 16 June, 2016
It's safe to assume that a future version of Serato DJ will be compatible with macOS Sierra. It's also safe to assume that it won't be available until well after Sierra's launch date (most likely the end of September) while Serato tests their software on various hardware configurations. Outside of that, it's far too early to make any definitive claims about how Serato DJ will work with macOS Sierra. All we can do is hope that the upgrade/compatibility process for Sierra is smoother than El Capitan was.
skinnyguy 4:42 PM - 16 June, 2016
For once, serato will run smoother on Windows and the mass migration of DJs back to Windows laptops will occur.
Joe Fresh 4:49 PM - 16 June, 2016
Quote:
For once, serato will run smoother on Windows and the mass migration of DJs back to Windows laptops will occur.

Very unlikely.
PopRoXxX 4:56 PM - 16 June, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Just wondering, what requires El Cap... I work with developers and in the govt and there are still no apps, suites, or anything else that force anyone to use that abomination. Looking at macOS Sierra late in the year, why even worry about that road map until a public beta (that does not require a developer account) at least drops.

This all the way! I guess I will be seeing three partitions on my MBP instead of two pretty soon. Yosemite, El Capitan and Sierra 😂😂😂
Joe Fresh 5:03 PM - 16 June, 2016
Always wait until both Serato and your DJ hardware manufacturer have officially announced compatibility with whatever OS you're planning on using before upgrading or buying a new computer with said OS preinstalled on it.
Asu 4:24 AM - 9 September, 2016
Just got my gold master redemption code for sierra,will test and let ya'll know...now siri can DJ for you lol
John Calipari 7:20 PM - 10 September, 2016
Even the latest Betas and the initial release of macOS are short term as Apple is migrating to a new file system APFS for their next gen Macs.
popnwave 6:56 PM - 11 September, 2016
Quote:
Even the latest Betas and the initial release of macOS are short term as Apple is migrating to a new file system APFS for their next gen Macs.

Long time coming, but Apple won't push that until all of their systems are SSD as that is what the filesystem is optimized for.

Most iMacs and Mac Pros are not -all- ssd systems and most people have external platter HDDs still.
John Calipari 11:39 PM - 11 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Long time coming, but Apple won't push that until all of their systems are SSD as that is what the filesystem is optimized for.

Most iMacs and Mac Pros are not -all- ssd systems and most people have external platter HDDs still.

Its my understanding that though APFS is optimized for SSD, it doesn't require it. 10.12 Beta can already format drives for APFS now, just not the boot volume. I was thinking that Apple would be rolling out APFS in subsequent updates of macOS around March.
DJ ZML 3:39 PM - 13 September, 2016
so John, any updates with the golden master?
DJ ZML 3:40 PM - 13 September, 2016
correction, Asu* not john
Spencer R. 2:57 AM - 26 September, 2016
I am running OS Sierra, Serato DJ 1.9.3, and Rane SL2 w/ Technics 1200s. Everything is fine through 4 hours or so of testing.
Philmixit 10:47 AM - 26 September, 2016
I am running OS Sierra, Serato DJ 1.9.3,I ran it for FIVE HOURS with no problem at all, so I am so happy, I think that this is a very solid version .

, My computer is fully loaded !!
Philmixit 10:48 AM - 26 September, 2016
To the team of SERATO very nice job guys, love it!!!
Spencer R. 1:47 PM - 26 September, 2016
Quote:
I am running OS Sierra, Serato DJ 1.9.3,I ran it for FIVE HOURS with no problem at all, so I am so happy, I think that this is a very solid version .

, My computer is fully loaded !!

Philmixit, what hardware are you using? Listing it will help others. Thanks.
djmacklong 4:45 PM - 26 September, 2016
10+ hours of flawless play time on Sierra with 1.9.3 over the weekend here.
Spencer R. 4:53 PM - 26 September, 2016
Quote:

What hardware are you using djmacklong?
PopRoXxX 6:02 PM - 26 September, 2016
Quote:

Same here

Using SRT, SZ, S9 and 57mkII with my 15" MBP Retina and SDJ 1.9.2/1.9.3

Reloop RP8000's work well too. Along with Lemur and Mix Emergency 3.1.1
DJ Yagga 6:41 PM - 26 September, 2016
Quote:

Been running MacOS Sierra since 1.9.3 first went into Beta and no issues whatsoever. It's gotten even better (CPU usage wise) since upgrading to the stable release of 1.9.3

Here's a brief Youtube of me talking about it: Watchwww.youtube.com
John Calipari 7:20 PM - 26 September, 2016
Quote:

Been running MacOS Sierra since 1.9.3 first went into Beta and no issues whatsoever. It's gotten even better (CPU usage wise) since upgrading to the stable release of 1.9.3

Did you do a clean install, or did you install over EL Capitan?

Were you able to avoid the indexing?
DJ Yagga 7:22 PM - 26 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Did you do a clean install, or did you install over EL Capitan?

Were you able to avoid the indexing?

I did a clean install !
djmacklong 1:34 AM - 27 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

What hardware are you using djmacklong?

2012 15" MBP Retina, 2.7ghz i7, 16gb RAM, 500gb SSD.
Rane 62 (two different units)
Pioneer DDJ-SZ
John Calipari 10:28 AM - 27 September, 2016
Went through the Sierra Update last night process last night.

Always forget how long this takes, but created a USB installer for 11.12 Beta that I had downloaded after the Developers Beta was released.

Went through the process, and that portion went fast and I thought I'd gotten lucky with a fast install. Then it happened . . . the Migration Assistant took over an hour.

Then I immediately got prompted for the Point release 11.12.1 Beta Update which was released a few days ago.

Everything seems to be working except the ethernet through my LandingZone Docking station, though LandingZone says they are 11.12 compliant.

Some funky color problem on the opening screen had me worried, but it cleared up after reboot and it may have been due to me using the external Monitor off my Dock.

Mixmeister worked well, and 1.93 seemed to work perfectly, at least in Offline Mode.
RodrigoVolta 2:21 PM - 27 September, 2016
Running Sierra final release version and it's is very smooth and working very well.

* Serato DJ 1.9.3 + Video + Pitch N Time + Effects Pack
* Itch 2.2.2 + Serato Video
* DDJ S1
* DDJ SX2
* MacBook Pro Mid 2012, i7 2.3GHz, 16GB DDR3, SSHD Seagate 750GB.

Update from El Capitan.
John Calipari 7:45 PM - 27 September, 2016
If anyone is having issues with Sierra either running slower than expected or your USB or any system ports, clock, settings, screen, power/battery settings, etc are acting wonky, you may want to try doing a PRAM and SMC reset on your Mac.

It is recommended by some to do these resets after every OS update or in events were power is interrupted.
Gilbert Elliott 9:21 PM - 27 September, 2016
Running Sierra final release version and no issues.

* Serato DJ 1.9.3
* DJ S9
* 2 XDJ 1000
* SP1
* MacBook Pro Mid 2011, i7 2.3GHz, 8GB DDR3, SSD 256GB.

Update from El Capitan

Absolutely no issues.
John Calipari 1:52 PM - 28 September, 2016
Quote:
Running Sierra final release version and no issues.

* Serato DJ 1.9.3
* DJ S9
* 2 XDJ 1000
* SP1
* MacBook Pro Mid 2011, i7 2.3GHz, 8GB DDR3, SSD 256GB.

Update from El Capitan

Absolutely no issues.

Awesome! And impressive considering you running it on a 8GB system.
Pete Input 2:59 PM - 28 September, 2016
Well, i'm running on MacBook Pro Mid 2010, 2.4GHz, 4GB, Core 2 Duo.
Sierra, SDJ 1.9.3, Vestax VCI-380.
No problems. (knock on wood...)
John Calipari 3:15 PM - 28 September, 2016
Quote:

Nearly the same set-up I ran the last version of Itch to SDJ 1.8. except I loaded it up with 16GB, OWC 480GB SSD and ran Mavericks to a clean install of the final release of Yosemite. But the Core Duo 2 worked fine as long as my latency setting & screen refresh was modest.
pdidy 4:15 PM - 28 September, 2016
Quote:

nyoobserver.files.wordpress.com
LJ_WOOLSEY 5:28 PM - 28 September, 2016
so I decided to reinstall it again and this time it works fine no mdworker file running. so something must gone wrong on installing it.
DJ Tecniq 6:04 PM - 28 September, 2016
Quote:
Very surprised these specs are working well as Core 2 Duo's are no longer supported in 1.8 or above versions of SDJ. I have that same laptop but it has a graphics defect the Mid 2010's had a recall but glad it's working well for you.
John Calipari 6:07 PM - 28 September, 2016
I said it earlier and I'll say it again. Do a Clean Sierra install
---------------------------------
1.Make a Time machine Back-up
2. Make a Sierra USB Installer and boot to that Sierra installer
3. Use the Disk Utility on the Sierra USB Installer to format the Mac Hard Drive as HPFS (Journaled)
4. Choose the Installer's Install Sierra OS option to install to your Mac Hard Drive.
5. When the Mac re-starts after installation, choose to migrate all of the settings, Applications, & documents from your Time Machine Back-up
6. Check for updates at APP STORE

then . . .

7 Reset your PRAM by shutting down your mac completely. Press the Power Button and immediately Hold Down Cmd+Option+P+R until you hear the Start-up Chime.
8. Reset your SMC by shutting down your Mac. Then . .
-If you have a model you can remove the battery, remove it and unplug the Magsafe, then press the Power button for 5 seconds then release. Put Battery back, plug it in and start it up.
-If you have a newer model where the Battery is glued in, turn-off your Mac, Keep the Magsafe plugged in, Shift+Opt+CTRL (all on the Left Side) + Power Button all at the same time, then release. Then press the Power button to start the Mac
----------------------------------
In regards to the last 2, When I first installed Sierra, I was like "Meh?" kinda like EL Cap, but a little clunkier so I did the 2 Resets and immediately upon reboot, it made EL Cap absolutely flatfooted. Faster than my Mid 2015 15" 2.5GHZ AMD370X has ever been. and I still had around 12GB free memory on after Boot-up (EL Cap left around 11.06GB)
LJ_WOOLSEY 7:41 PM - 28 September, 2016
I always do a clean install but first one something must of gone wrong! Anyway secondtime lucky.
Supagee 3:44 PM - 29 September, 2016
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
2.5 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

SL4 SL3 and DDJ-SX

all worked flawlessly without issue.

PS. i have a mid 2010 MacBook pro and it has the graphic issue and it ran things just fine as well, mind you there is nothing but the OS Sierra and Serato 1.9.3 on there.
John Calipari 4:18 PM - 29 September, 2016
Quote:
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
2.5 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

We have identical Macbooks

Just updated from 10.12.1 Beta 1 to 10.12.1 Beta 2 last night as that beta just went public. Those 2 Betas stabilized some issues that were present in the 10.12 Final Release such as Video Glitching, compatibility issues, and supposed excessive Fan RPM.

Worked great in Offline mode, albeit, I still cannot get it to recognize my Ethernet Driver on my docking station, so I'm confined to Wi-Fi internet access at the desk.

Still don't trust it enough to overwrite my TimeCapsule EL Cap back-up with a Sierra back-Up.
d:raf 8:02 PM - 29 September, 2016
...but will it work with Itch?
Asu 8:59 PM - 30 September, 2016
Looks like Apple learned the EL Capitan Lessons...all seems well here too in my testing,will give more feedback after a 3hr + deep test later today....Specs;Mid 2012 Macbook Pro 650 GT,8 GB Ram i-7,1 TB SSD...Serato DJ 1.9.3+Video+Mix Emergency 3+Mixed in Key 8
DJ gsr 7:10 AM - 2 October, 2016
Running Sierra version 10.12 and no issues for 2 hrs.

* Serato DJ 1.9.3
* DJ S9
* 2 Stanton srt8
* MacBook Pro Late 2013, i7 2.3GHz, 16GB DDR3, SSD 512GB , Nvidia GeForce GT 750m 2048 MB Intel iris pro 1536 MB.

Update from Yosemite

Absolutely no issues.

I'll test next sl2, sp1 , denon mcx8000
Asu 4:42 PM - 3 October, 2016
DDJ-SX/SZ work fine...gonna test Rane MKII and 62 next....NS7 II won't work with current driver from Numark...that's my findings so far
PopRoXxX 4:59 PM - 3 October, 2016
Quote:
gonna test Rane MKII and 62 next

Rane 57mkII works fine for me on Sierra
Asu 5:22 PM - 3 October, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

it should,it's a class compliant device as long as apple doesn't screw with that structure like they did on EL Capitan
popnwave 5:26 PM - 3 October, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

it should,it's a class compliant device as long as apple doesn't screw with that structure like they did on EL Capitan

I think that damage is behind us, hopefully things get a lot better from here on out..

cdm.link

^^^ great commentary on how it really messed things up and hopefully Apple cares about its loyal "pro" users enough still.
DJ Stygma 5:33 PM - 3 October, 2016
I just did a 3 hour Homecoming Dance with Sierra 10.12 and Serato 1.9.3, it ran flawlessly

2015 Macbook Pro 13 inch
2.7 GHZ i5
8 GB Ram

DDJ-SX2

Lacie Rugged Thunderbolt Hard Drive
DJ Johnny Bertone 2:16 PM - 4 October, 2016
if i update to sierra will i still be able to run 1.7.8? being that I'm still on 1.7.8 and Yosemite because my computer didn't like 1.8.x or better, mid 2010 MBP with only 4GB of ram and the 2.66 Core duo. an upgrade in computer is due soon though
Giacomokola 2:40 PM - 4 October, 2016
Hi Guys,

I've upgraded my OS from El Capitan to Sierra, and now I'm not able to run Serato DJ (1.9.3) with my Reloop Beatmix 2.

Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks in advance
popnwave 3:11 PM - 4 October, 2016
Quote:
if i update to sierra will i still be able to run 1.7.8? being that I'm still on 1.7.8 and Yosemite because my computer didn't like 1.8.x or better, mid 2010 MBP with only 4GB of ram and the 2.66 Core duo. an upgrade in computer is due soon though

Don't do it.
DJ Tecniq 3:52 PM - 4 October, 2016
Quote:
Hi Guys,

I've upgraded my OS from El Capitan to Sierra, and now I'm not able to run Serato DJ (1.9.3) with my Reloop Beatmix 2.

Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks in advance
You aren't supposed to update Serato has not confirmed Sierra as fully compatible yet. Good luck👍🏻
Serato, Support
Mike.C 3:33 AM - 6 October, 2016
Quote:
It's safe to assume that a future version of Serato DJ will be compatible with macOS Sierra. It's also safe to assume that it won't be available until well after Sierra's launch date (most likely the end of September) while Serato tests their software on various hardware configurations. Outside of that, it's far too early to make any definitive claims about how Serato DJ will work with macOS Sierra. All we can do is hope that the upgrade/compatibility process for Sierra is smoother than El Capitan was.

Hi guys, Joe Moore has it right, please avoid updating to Sierra until we have had the opportunity to fully test it with various hardware devices.

There will be an update coming soon on the status of OS Sierra support along with a list of the devices that we have tested so far.

In the meantime, if you are having any difficulties after updating to OS Sierra, please submit a help request so we can work with you to resolve the issue.

support.serato.com
John Calipari 5:06 PM - 7 October, 2016
Quote:
Hi guys, Joe Moore has it right, please avoid updating to Sierra until we have had the opportunity to fully test it with various hardware devices.

Not to be contrary, but I've been using Sierra since the inital Beta all the way to .1 Beta 3 and with every Serato Release since with no issues whatsoever.

In fact, I'd wager that, though not officially supported, there are fewer global issues reported by Sierra users than Windows 7 which has been officially supported since it came out.

Just guessing though
soul-doubt12 1:21 AM - 8 October, 2016
i experimented and updated to sierra, and once it was installed, it took a whileeeeeeee for serato dj to start up. I have the SL 3 box, and it needed a firmware update but the startup of the app just took way too long. I downgraded back to 10.11
PopRoXxX 3:21 PM - 8 October, 2016
Quote:
i experimented and updated to sierra, and once it was installed, it took a whileeeeeeee for serato dj to start up. I have the SL 3 box, and it needed a firmware update but the startup of the app just took way too long. I downgraded back to 10.11

You have to let your MBP sit for a good while after updating. It needs to re-index ALL your files for spotlight. This could take 30 minutes or a few hours depending on how full your drive is. After it finishes ...... you'll be good to go. We all ran into this issue right off the bat. Don't think you can just update, restart and start playing in 10 minutes. Hope this helps
Asu 12:24 AM - 15 October, 2016
NS7 II will not work with current driver,Rane MKII is perfect,used it for 7 hrs.video mixing is using about the same cpu power as just running audio on 1.9.3,amazing.

in offline mode serato 1.9.3 sounds way better too...like there's a better eq embedded in there.

pioneer DJ SX & SZ are perfect too,tested for 4hrs.

Well done apple & Serato lol.
John Calipari 4:09 PM - 17 October, 2016
Had my first MacOS crash last night, but I'm running the 10.12.1 Beta 4

I didn't have Serato open, just an iPod Classic 5th Gen connected. converting a WAV->ALAC file in iTunes.

I was re-ordering some tracks in a Playlist and noticed that it would Beachball when I grabbed a track with the pointer and freeze for a few seconds, then release. After about 30 Minutes of this, the screen dark with a Black warning screen of death and system rebooted.

It's the Mid 2015 15" i7 Quad 2.5GHZ Dual Graphics Macbook maxed out so resources aren't the issue. It is either:

-my IPOD's aging and failing hard drive.
-the new iTunes is unstable
-the new iTunes doesn't like WAV's

I normally use AIFF, but was only grabbing a few tracks from Beatport and thought I would try Wav for a change. No More, the meta data doesn't completely transfer into Serato nor iTunes and I think it may be throwing off iTunes for some reason. I have never had issues with AIFF.
DJ Batman 8:37 PM - 17 October, 2016
We had one of our Mac Book Pros that the USB ports are shorting out during a gig, so I've got to buy another Mac for this weekend since all systems out this weekend. I will have to give OS 10.12 a try or use a Window machine..... I will run it on a Pioneer DDJ-SZ, I will run it before the weekend and at the show and let you know how it goes.
Asu 9:26 PM - 17 October, 2016
Quote:

it could be something else,run Disk Utility periodically especially after a OS X upgrade....inconsistencies in the files system will cause crashes...i run it every month and it always fixes some mislocated file string etc....when you have many of those,you'll have problems.

Hope that helps
Asu 9:35 PM - 17 October, 2016
also noticed if Serato is already running,connecting the Rane MKII will not work.work around is connect the mixer before you bootup Serato.

Sierra won't recognise an external monitor or projector automatically unless you booth the computer with everything connected...preview windows aren't displaying video clips but video mixing does work fine.
Dj. StatixXx 10:26 PM - 17 October, 2016
Hey folks... great to read all the positive threads... I may of missed it but anyone get a clean bill of health with SL3 and Serato Dj 1.9.3 ??? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as I've had my issues up to this point with ElCapitain.

DJ Tecniq 6:38 AM - 18 October, 2016
Quote:
Hey folks... great to read all the positive threads... I may of missed it but anyone get a clean bill of health with SL3 and Serato Dj 1.9.3 ??? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as I've had my issues up to this point with ElCapitain.

Wow the SL3 still has problems with El Capitan? Glad I never updated I'm still on Yosemite w/o issues with SL3 and S9.
freshadon 10:24 AM - 18 October, 2016
Not one person tried or can confirm Sierra working with good ol' scratchlive?
John Calipari 3:10 PM - 18 October, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

it could be something else,run Disk Utility periodically especially after a OS X upgrade....inconsistencies in the files system will cause crashes...i run it every month and it always fixes some mislocated file string etc....when you have many of those,you'll have problems.

Hope that helps

I ran Apple DU last night with no errors found. I really think it's specifically this new iTunes running WAV's. but iTunes is a necessary evil on Macs.

Lesson to be learned- When critical gigging, never open iTunes, or anything for that matter, prior to firing up Serato. If you do have to for file conversion or something, better to just restart afterwards, and upon re-boot, and only run Serato thereafter for that session.

Reason being is that some software (both Beatport App and Beta Software being culprits) upon closing, and what they do release can be contaminated, so when another program tries to address those blocks . . . ZING . . . crash! Actually Serato is also a big resource management culprit but since it's the star of the show, it gets a free pass.
Dj. StatixXx 3:55 PM - 18 October, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hope that helps

I ran Apple DU last night with no errors found. I really think it's specifically this new iTunes running WAV's. but iTunes is a necessary evil on Macs.

Lesson to be learned- When critical gigging, never open iTunes, or anything for that matter, prior to firing up Serato. If you do have to for file conversion or something, better to just restart afterwards, and upon re-boot, and only run Serato thereafter for that session.

Reason being is that some software (both Beatport App and Beta Software being culprits) upon closing, and what they do release can be contaminated, so when another program tries to address those blocks . . . ZING . . . crash! Actually Serato is also a big resource management culprit but since it's the star of the show, it gets a free pass.

So how is one to download requests if we can't have anything open in the background... I'm assuming we are just waiting for a fix? Also would running your tunes on a external hard drive also to much of a resource hoger?

thanks... also waiting on any SL3 feedback.. I see that SL2 got a pass from some people would SL3 be the same?

Much Thanks :)
popnwave 4:07 PM - 18 October, 2016
Don't download requests from iTunes, easy solution.

Amazon, Beatport, and the million other sites that don't require you to use that beast.
djmacklong 4:28 PM - 19 October, 2016
Quote:
Not one person tried or can confirm Sierra working with good ol' scratchlive?

I tested it and have reported on several posts that Scratch Live does not work on Sierra.
Asu 5:44 PM - 19 October, 2016
Quote:
may of missed it but anyone get a clean bill of health with SL3 and Serato Dj 1.9.3

I used SL3 last month at a venue with El Capitan 10.11.4 with the driver Rane released and played all night for 6 hrs on 1.9.2....so you may want to try that combination instead of 1.9.3
Asu 5:45 PM - 19 October, 2016
this was with Serato DJ though not Scratch Live
Joe Fresh 5:49 PM - 19 October, 2016
I've used the Rane SL3 and SL4, the Pioneer DJM-S9, and the Pioneer DDJ-SX with Serato DJ 1.9.3 on macOS 10.12 Sierra with no issues at all. Everything was smooth and stable.

(Mid-2012 15" MacBook Pro, 2.6GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 960GB SSD)

Make sure you have the latest drivers if you're on El Capitan or Sierra (they're included in Serato DJ 1.9.3).
Asu 5:54 PM - 19 October, 2016
Quote:
Make sure you have the latest drivers

That maybe his issue...he needs to go on the Rane website and download the latest drivers.
Joe Fresh 5:59 PM - 19 October, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Make sure you have the latest drivers

That maybe his issue...he needs to go on the Rane website and download the latest drivers.

Yes, you can get the latest drivers from Rane's website here:
dj.rane.com

Make sure you download and install drivers for OS X 10.11.4 and later, these are the ones you will need if you are using El Capitan or Sierra.

ICYMI, here is Serato's official statement regarding Sierra compatibility with various DJ hardware - serato.com
Dj. StatixXx 7:02 PM - 19 October, 2016
thank you everyone :)
John Calipari 2:08 AM - 20 October, 2016
Apple just seeded the Sierra 10.12.1 Beta 5 to Beta Testers which I just now installed.

No new feature, just a performance and stability update as I think Apple is fine tuning it for their Macbook event on Oct 27th when they debut their Late 2016 Models.
abguerrero 2:58 AM - 20 October, 2016
i have sierra and iMac running smooth with my rane 62
no problems yet
but i have serato dj 1.9.1
i want to upgrade to 1.9.3 to see if is compatible
anyone have any advise? should i do it or not?
i haven't test it live yet
popnwave 3:41 AM - 20 October, 2016
Quote:
no problems yet

Just rename your install of 1.9.1 to "Serato 1.9.1" in your applications folder and download the new version, call it "Serato 1.9.3" and go back and forth.. easiest way to test.
Asu 2:59 PM - 20 October, 2016
Quote:
no problems yet

62 works fine
abguerrero 4:43 PM - 21 October, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
no problems yet

Just rename your install of 1.9.1 to "Serato 1.9.1" in your applications folder and download the new version, call it "Serato 1.9.3" and go back and forth.. easiest way to test.

ok i will try it that way
abguerrero 4:45 PM - 21 October, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
no problems yet

62 works fine

rane 62 works fine but I'm using my iMac
i want to test it with my MacBook pro 2011
hopefully it works fine
Futuretek 7:40 PM - 21 October, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
no problems yet

62 works fine

rane 62 works fine but I'm using my iMac
i want to test it with my MacBook pro 2011
hopefully it works fine

It works great for me and my Macbook pro 2011
only difference for me is that I'm using a S9 for the most part
Vic1 10:17 AM - 22 October, 2016
Has anyone tested Rane 68 with Sierra?
ninja-boudin 11:26 AM - 28 October, 2016
Pioneer DJMS9 Don't work on sierra......
DJ Tecniq 11:32 AM - 28 October, 2016
Quote:
It is fully supported if I'm not mistaken. Have you made sure you downloaded the latest drivers for your OS?
ninja-boudin 11:33 AM - 28 October, 2016
Yes i am sure. I'm going mad i have a gig tomorrow and the support team ask me if i have plug my controller in my usb port......
ninja-boudin 12:25 PM - 28 October, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
It is fully supported if I'm not mistaken. Have you made sure you downloaded the latest drivers for your OS?

Yes i am sure. I'm going mad i have a gig tomorrow and the support team ask me if i have plug my controller in my usb port......
djmacklong 2:40 PM - 28 October, 2016
My DJMS9 works perfectly fine with Sierra...just like my SZ, SL2, Rane 62, etc.
eddie3911 5:06 PM - 28 October, 2016
Quote:

works just fine for me and its fully supported
Futuretek 8:50 PM - 28 October, 2016
Quote:

Works perfectly for me as well
DJ Tecniq 9:11 PM - 28 October, 2016
Quote:
Did they really say controller? It's a DJ mixer lol. But yeah man id check the pioneer website to make sure you downloaded the Sierra driver don't update it through the software get it from pioneers website. Good luck
SG SOUNDS 11:41 PM - 29 October, 2016
Anybody using sierra with ssl on a rane 62
eddie3911 3:56 AM - 30 October, 2016
Quote:
Anybody using sierra with ssl on a rane 62

It works with my SL1 so I wouldn't see why not
djmacklong 6:01 PM - 31 October, 2016
SDJ works on Sierra with 62 but SSL did not work for me.
SG SOUNDS 6:35 PM - 31 October, 2016
Quote:

ok thanks for confirming this...looks like I'm gonna just have to stay on mavericks because i still use ssl most of the time.
John Calipari 2:16 PM - 1 November, 2016
macOS has was solid and improving all the way through the Betas up to 10.12.1 Public release. The first update following the 10.12..1 Public release however, has been generally awful!!

With an update apparently directed at preparing for the Touch Bar Macs w/New GPU/CPU's, it seems 10.12.1 (16B2555) has instantly become sluggish and a bloated mess. Random Beachballs all the time . . . with no APPS even running. Off a fresh reboot, Useable Memory down to sometimes under 11GB from over 12GB with Beta 5.

If I could, I'd revert back to the 10.12.1 Beta 5 released middle of October as that was the last release that seemed snappy & streamlined for pre-Touchbar Macs, but even if I loaded the 10.12 Beta, it will only allow updates to 16B2555 .

I will have to check my Time Machine to see if there is a Beta 5 instance available, but as of now. the current macOS build has regressed and seemingly given all Prior MacBooks the middle finger!
abguerrero 5:59 PM - 1 November, 2016
im upgrading my macbook pro 2011 today to sierra
i will test it with serato 1.9.1 and 1.9.3 the latest i will use it with rane 62 and see what happen.
wish me luck LOL
DJ Tecniq 12:38 AM - 2 November, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

ok thanks for confirming this...looks like I'm gonna just have to stay on mavericks because i still use ssl most of the time.
Why Mavericks? Scratchlive works perfectly fine with Yosemite dude...I have the SL3
John Calipari 2:39 AM - 2 November, 2016
Quote:
i will test it with serato 1.9.1 and 1.9.3 the latest i will use it with rane 62 and see what happen.
wish me luck LOL

Apple just released 10.12.2 Beta to Developers. I'd wait for that as Apple has all but admitted that the latest 10.12.1 update has issues.
SG SOUNDS 12:45 AM - 3 November, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Why Mavericks? Scratchlive works perfectly fine with Yosemite dude...I have the SL3

Mavericks runs perfect for me with ssl and sdj...by the way were can i download yosemite for free?
popnwave 1:02 AM - 3 November, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Mavericks runs perfect for me with ssl and sdj...by the way were can i download yosemite for free?

You should be able to in the app store, it might even be in your store history? Or a trip to the Genius Bar could probably do it if you don't have a friend to pass a copy along to you. It's not like there are keys associated with any of the OS X installs.
pdidy 4:53 AM - 3 November, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

www.macworld.co.uk
SG SOUNDS 4:20 PM - 4 November, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You should be able to in the app store, it might even be in your store history? Or a trip to the Genius Bar could probably do it if you don't have a friend to pass a copy along to you. It's not like there are keys associated with any of the OS X installs.[/quo
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

www.macworld.co.uk

thanks
Gotmyrockpantson 2:43 AM - 7 November, 2016
I'm running El Capitan OS with Vestax-VCI 380 controller and twice last night during a packed dance floor the sound deteriorated into static over the course of 30 seconds. I had to reset the controller and it worked fine but then it happened AGAIN about an hour later. Has anyone encountered similar issues with El Capitan? It's never happened with Yosemite OS and the controller is only about a year old.
djmacklong 9:46 PM - 7 November, 2016
Quote:
I'm running El Capitan OS with Vestax-VCI 380 controller and twice last night during a packed dance floor the sound deteriorated into static over the course of 30 seconds. I had to reset the controller and it worked fine but then it happened AGAIN about an hour later. Has anyone encountered similar issues with El Capitan? It's never happened with Yosemite OS and the controller is only about a year old.

When's the last time you updated your drivers and/or firmware for your controller?
PopRoXxX 10:32 PM - 7 November, 2016
Does the 380 even get driver/firmware updates anymore?
Gotmyrockpantson 3:15 AM - 8 November, 2016
I haven't updated hardware drivers. Could this be the issue? And that's an excellent question @PopRoxxx. Do Vestax products get driver/firmware updates?
Serato, Support
Mike.C 3:20 AM - 8 November, 2016
Quote:
I haven't updated hardware drivers. Could this be the issue? And that's an excellent question @PopRoxxx. Do Vestax products get driver/firmware updates?

Hey team, just to clarify, it's unlikely that you will see any updated drivers for Vestax products since that iteration of the company is no longer running. Since they are device specific drivers it's advisable to stay on your current operating system to retain compatibility rather than upgrading.
Serato, Support
Mike.C 3:22 AM - 8 November, 2016
Quote:

Hey 'Gotmyrockpantson', there could be a few things causing this issue for you, please drop us a line at support.serato.com so we can help you troubleshoot this issue.
LJ_WOOLSEY 5:21 AM - 8 November, 2016
Using macOS Siera with Pioneer SX2, and then a Pioneer DJM900Nexus with SP1 and two CDJ2000Nexus and another venue same mixer and sp1 with CDJ900Nexus. Works fine the same it did on Yosemite (Just need to make sure you install tye El Capitan driver for the DJM900Nexus)
djmacklong 6:25 PM - 8 November, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Hey team, just to clarify, it's unlikely that you will see any updated drivers for Vestax products since that iteration of the company is no longer running. Since they are device specific drivers it's advisable to stay on your current operating system to retain compatibility rather than upgrading.

Win.
Beatlogik 7:33 PM - 8 November, 2016
Anyone have any luck with Rane MP2015 compatibility with Sierra?
Big Pops 3:34 PM - 9 November, 2016
I have noticed that with 1.9.3 my CPU usage is a bit more and the usage light keep blinking every now and then. Anyone else having this issue. In the beta version it was fine
Jay-T 8:39 PM - 9 November, 2016
Quote:
wish me luck LOL

Please report back on how this went?
Dj Nad 12:09 PM - 13 November, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
wish me luck LOL

Please report back on how this went?
Philmixit 12:50 AM - 14 November, 2016
To Serato team , very nice job on 1.9.3 the latest, it is the best yet, I am looking for Serato 2.0 ,I know you guys are working on some thing great.
DjDundada 2:40 AM - 14 November, 2016
I have a Rane 61 with Sierra and Serato Dj is not working for me at all. It will work with scratch live but not Serato Dj. Has anyone got the Rane 61 to work?
Serato, Support
Mike.C 2:48 AM - 14 November, 2016
Quote:
I have a Rane 61 with Sierra and Serato Dj is not working for me at all. It will work with scratch live but not Serato Dj. Has anyone got the Rane 61 to work?

The Rane 61 is not yet supported for OS Sierra as Rane has not created any drivers specifically for this operating system. My only suggestion would be to install the latest driver for OS X 10.11.4 and above from here: dj.rane.com
There is however, no guarantee that this will work since it is not officially supported for OS Sierra at this stage.
dj zaza 7:01 AM - 14 November, 2016
I sent my 62 for control to the headphone department, and was told by the service center who do not know if this will still produce Rane mixer because now the company has been sold, does anyone know anything until these will be supported by the mixer Rane, should sell and focus on other more recent hardware? I see a lot lately that Rane has slowed the writing drivers for the new operating systems. If someone can give some info serato
Beatlogik 2:39 PM - 14 November, 2016
Quote:
I sent my 62 for control to the headphone department, and was told by the service center who do not know if this will still produce Rane mixer because now the company has been sold, does anyone know anything until these will be supported by the mixer Rane, should sell and focus on other more recent hardware? I see a lot lately that Rane has slowed the writing drivers for the new operating systems. If someone can give some info serato

I'm waiting on MP2015 compatibility. Keep checkin the forums and I encourage all Rane users to keep the pressure on!

dj.rane.com
dj zaza 3:15 PM - 14 November, 2016
I hope for you that start compatibility, but I am referring to when the 62 will be supported, I saw on the site Rane that 61 and 68 are out of production, I would not see me with my 62 no longer supported in a few months, and then have difficulty in selling it.
Beatlogik 3:21 PM - 14 November, 2016
In good faith I'm hoping that Rane (inMusic) will continue to develop and support it's products...again let's continue posting on their forums to put pressue on
dj zaza 3:38 PM - 14 November, 2016
some who continue to insist that the development of drivers and new features are improved and introduced, but sometimes it seems that the team serato not listen, are years that ask compatibility with retina screens, a 64-bit program, but until today nothing has changed, I hope that this absence of beta, to mean a turning point total in the software, hoping that we do not go out there with the compatibility of the touch bar on the Mac that at the time did not believe priority for anyone.
Futuretek 1:58 PM - 15 November, 2016
What I would wish is that companies would open source their drivers / software once they drop support for it. therefore people that still want to use the old stuff (i.e. SL1 etc) could carry on if someone wants to take it on as a project.
ParisCreative 2:27 AM - 16 November, 2016
I just got a new MBP (mid-2015, didn't want the Magic Bar) and unfortunately it came with Sierra. Now I was able to install Rane drivers and Serato DJ and it seems to be working fine, but of course this is not supported. Kinda sad that it's taking months to certify compatibility. :/
Dj Youkai 3:32 AM - 16 November, 2016
Quote:
DDJ-SX/SZ work fine...gonna test Rane MKII and 62 next....NS7 II won't work with current driver from Numark...that's my findings so far

Thank You For The Info :)
djmacklong 4:50 AM - 16 November, 2016
Quote:
but of course this is not supported.

What's not supported?
ParisCreative 1:02 PM - 16 November, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

What's not supported?

Rane 62 + Sierra
Phister 3:02 PM - 16 November, 2016
Just got a new 2016 MBP with touch bar. Can't get it to work yet. Support says to roll back the OS (:rolleyes:) because my Xone:DB4 isn't compatible with Sierra. According to A&H it is.
djmacklong 4:30 PM - 16 November, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What's not supported?

Rane 62 + Sierra

Works perfectly fine for me and everyone I know who's actually tried it.
ParisCreative 4:40 PM - 16 November, 2016
Yes it's working for me right now in a new install. But if there is an issue you cannot talk to Rane or Serato to troubleshoot. And given on my other laptop I was experiencing audio dropouts and waveform freeze-ups with 1.9.1, 1.9.2, and 1.9.3 I am concerned that 1.9.4 may experience similar issues.
ParisCreative 4:43 PM - 16 November, 2016
When you are going a 6 hour wedding, you can't afford issues. It's why on my other laptop I have been using SSL since I could not resolve SDJ issues (not easily recreatable, totally random).
LJ_WOOLSEY 8:40 PM - 16 November, 2016
Quote:
Just got a new 2016 MBP with touch bar. Can't get it to work yet. Support says to roll back the OS (:rolleyes:) because my Xone:DB4 isn't compatible with Sierra. According to A&H it is.

You can't roll it back it's a 2016 mac released after macOS Siera. Also no one knows how these usb ports will play with the hardware and how the cpu works with SDJ.
John Calipari 10:48 PM - 16 November, 2016
Quote:

It's likely the USB-C which really is just the new Thunderbolt 3 EMulating USB 3.0 ports. There are several printers, external USB drives, USB Card readers, and a few usb input devices that are also reportedly not recognized by the 2016 Mac's USB-C controller . . . yet.
Phister 11:13 PM - 16 November, 2016
Quote:
It's likely the USB-C which really is just the new Thunderbolt 3 EMulating USB 3.0 ports. There are several printers, external USB drives, USB Card readers, and a few usb input devices that are also reportedly not recognized by the 2016 Mac's USB-C controller . . . yet.

Serato sees the mixer. The OS sees the mixer and can play audio through it. So something is getting through the Apple TB3 to USB-A adapter. I have some USB-C to USB-B cables on order to test.
Phister 11:20 PM - 16 November, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Serato sees the mixer. The OS sees the mixer and can play audio through it. So something is getting through the Apple TB3 to USB-A adapter. I have some USB-C to USB-B cables on order to test.

My actual problem is that when in SDJ I can load tracks to the virtual decks but I can't get SDJ to start playing them. It just sits there. Hardware decks see that I've loaded a track and start flashing their play/pause buttons. Pressing those doesn't do anything. Using the play/pause keys on the keyboard doesn't either. If I switch back to my old 2008 MBP it all works. So it's something with the OS or the new MBP hardware.
John Calipari 11:29 PM - 16 November, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

As with any digital adapter or chipped emulation, all of the transmitted signals (Midi, audio, video) get deconstructed, ran through, then reassembled on the other side.

It may work, but I'd predict that you'll have the same issue no matter what USB-C to USB cable you use.

OWC makes the best dock I've seen for the new macs. See

eshop.macsales.com
Dj For You 6:39 AM - 23 December, 2016
I can not open playlist folders on seratodj with system Sierra